This needs to stop.

RavTH

Just make your own room. Even with high AP rooms you have like 50/50 chance to fail. I wipe alot with 500+ yeti6 and 520+ asura6 teams, because the fk up yeti rotations or make stupid things in asura dungeon.

10 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

This is becoming a cancer, and it hurts new  or lower level players especially on the less populated servers. Yesterday I joined a Naryu random no AP restriction and by the time I loaded in to the CSD 3 of the "highest" levels had already bailed, another bailed 10 seconds later. Left and joined another pug group, this time four of the 6 bailed before we ever got out of the first room. tried again.. this time we had 9 bail total between the first room and the boss.

A few days prior I had joined another pug that was replacing one member at the final boss and got told to leave cause I didn't have enough AP, and got bitched at because I was trying to join a Naryu with just under 400 ap (I had done it multiple times before on another character that was well under 400 ap and did fine)

People requiring AP levels are becoming a cancer, it's going to greatly restrict lower and new players from running the dungeons that they needed in order to get the good SS and upgrade items for jewelry and weapons. Especially if people are requiring 460+ AP for blackram. If you have that much AP you probably don't even need to run that dungeon anymore.

There's a difference between "doing just fine" and carrying your weight. People want players who can actually deal damage to the boss, not people who just stand there and manage to not die.

12 hours ago, xSonatax said:

You would know the mechanics if you watch a video or a guide. Asura is not an easy dungeon, is one of those you should try to analyze before even trying. And before you say something like oh but it defeats the purpose of having fun while learning! This is the method used in many games for harder instances, raids, etc. People don't just jump on it, they learn bosses mechanics and how it works, unless it's completely new and there is no record (which is not the case) then yeah, that's when you jump in and learn from slapping.

Now that's a good joke. The mechanics of Soguns-Lament-bosses aren't that difficult and easily explainable. xd People only need to start using their brain instead of compensate the lack of it by gear.

OP... You can EASILY just make your own room...... or LFP..... or  invite friends? Why does it matter what other people are requesting? Mind your own business lol Not everyone wants to spend 20+ minutes on old content.

No matter what you say, you cant deny the fact that people who know the mechanics ON TOP of high tier gear = insanely fast runs. which means moving on to the next thing faster, which means more gets done in the time you have to play. Rather than wasting time.

14 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Now that's a good joke. The mechanics of Soguns-Lament-bosses aren't that difficult and easily explainable. xd People only need to start using their brain instead of compensate the lack of it by gear.

I didn't imply it was that difficult, the problem is that many people don't even try to learn. I spent about 20 minutes the other day teaching a summoner how to cc because they didn't even know how cc works :\ most of the people i came across here don't seem to care/know about it, or how useful it is even to optimize damage in certain fights. I come from playing WS where interrupting a boss is no joke and can cost you a wipe if is not done properly. Here in most dungeons that wouldn't matter much, but cc plays an extremely important roll in Soguns lament. And then you can add that also lots of those have no idea they need high acc for this dungeon so you WONT miss the cc, don't know about the antidotes, etc.. This is the people I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

I didn't imply it was that difficult, the problem is that many people don't even try to learn. I spent about 20 minutes the other day teaching a summoner how to cc because they didn't even know how cc works :\ most of the people i came across here don't seem to care/know about it, or how useful it is even to optimize damage in certain fights. I come from playing WS where interrupting a boss is no joke and can cost you a wipe if is not done properly. Here in most dungeons that wouldn't matter much, but cc plays an extremely important roll in Soguns lament. And then you can add that also lots of those have no idea they need high acc for this dungeon so you WONT miss the cc, don't know about the antidotes, etc.. This is the people I'm talking about.

True. Though you also can compensate that factor with certain party-setups. Doing Soguns Lament with 2 FMs is pretty much easy mode. That way, every other party-member doesn't even need high accuracy. xd

Though... Since people are somewhat unable to communicate, I guess Soguns-Lament-PUGs are pretty much impossible. x'D Don't know what's the problem with speaking up, when somebody doesn't know how stuff works. There aren't only assholes playing this game anyway. Some people actually act like decent human beings. :p

1 hour ago, KhaosThanathan said:

True. Though you also can compensate that factor with certain party-setups. Doing Soguns Lament with 2 FMs is pretty much easy mode. That way, every other party-member doesn't even need high accuracy. xd

Though... Since people are somewhat unable to communicate, I guess Soguns-Lament-PUGs are pretty much impossible. x'D Don't know what's the problem with speaking up, when somebody doesn't know how stuff works. There aren't only assholes playing this game anyway. Some people actually act like decent human beings. :p

I remember the first time I went to Yeti, I said, "first time" at the entrance. Nobody answered so I though it was just ok. Then when we faced the Yeti, I asked for mechanics and nobody answered again. So I though it was just ok. Then we wipe, I've been called a noob (that was in fact true cause first time lmao) and everybody left.

I mean, is it too hard to explain mechanics ? Does ppl prefer to wipe and start again the same dungeon ?

I know there's videos, guides etc... But I want to play a video game, not learning a lessons. And I think it's way funnier to learn the mechanics in game than watching videos ....

1 hour ago, FloreSurana said:

I remember the first time I went to Yeti, I said, "first time" at the entrance. Nobody answered so I though it was just ok. Then when we faced the Yeti, I asked for mechanics and nobody answered again. So I though it was just ok. Then we wipe, I've been called a noob (that was in fact true cause first time lmao) and everybody left.

I mean, is it too hard to explain mechanics ? Does ppl prefer to wipe and start again the same dungeon ?

I know there's videos, guides etc... But I want to play a video game, not learning a lessons. And I think it's way funnier to learn the mechanics in game than watching videos ....

Videos are there to introduce the boss mechanics to you. You still have to do the dungeon a few times before mechanics sit with you and so you feel fine doing it. But if I have to run every newcomer through a dungeon and wait for him to figure on his own what the boss does is equally unfair to me. I mean, I have already mastered the tactics and if you want to learn from scratch, go find a new-released game to try those out, or a party willing to do it.

Ya, at the same time it's good to pay-it-forward and help newcomers. You make you 700+ premade one day and then teach another day. 

I have played the game since launch but my grind speed to get high AP has slowed down dramatically due to all the problems with game and being this way doesn't help people like me.

I've never tried the silverfrost dungeon before and I've watched videos but there will come a time were I will try and having people with bad attitude would just be the thing to make me quit for good. Because everyone will be a first-timer once and have to get use to mechanics.

I'm currently 460s AP and trying to keep grinding to get it higher cause people want higher AP. At this rate I will probably never get to those dungeons because of people with this bad nonhelpful attitude. 

6 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

Videos are there to introduce the boss mechanics to you. You still have to do the dungeon a few times before mechanics sit with you and so you feel fine doing it. But if I have to run every newcomer through a dungeon and wait for him to figure on his own what the boss does is equally unfair to me. I mean, I have already mastered the tactics and if you want to learn from scratch, go find a new-released game to try those out, or a party willing to do it.

Well maybe that's you who should find a new-released game if you re already so pro that you don't want to bother with new comer. =)

I don't have any fun watching videos of a video game I can actually play. And I wonder how koreans did learn these mecanics before videos guides pops on youtube ?

Yeah, it is not fostering a healthy community. I've met people that actually do think you need 450 Ap to do poh. I'm really not lying. I asked him if he was trolling because I was in such disbelief since this was around the time poh 4 recently got removed, so I assumed people at the time still recognize that poh 6 is like around 340ap. Poh 4 is around 380ap.  Though this concept is lost now. I duoed poh 4 with 385 and 400 ap. Also, no one gets the lever at poh anymore... No one knows that summoners can reset aggro of the running parts. No one gets on top of the boxes anymore to try to reset aggro...

It's also fostering bad attitude. People leave after 1 wipe, assuming they cannot complete it. I enjoyed wiping. It taught me what to look out for more. I learned faster. Now people complain about 6 man yeti pugs going bad, and mine are always perfect because I learned how to tank, good times to root, get grabbed, cc the yeti, good moments to seed shroud party and have petals tier 3 for chi restoration invincibility for some people. 

18 hours ago, FloreSurana said:

Well maybe that's you who should find a new-released game if you re already so pro that you don't want to bother with new comer. =)

I don't have any fun watching videos of a video game I can actually play. And I wonder how koreans did learn these mecanics before videos guides pops on youtube ?

Point=Missed. If you want to discover boss mechanics on your own, find like-minded people and knock yourself out doing it for most of the day. But don't come into a pug group and expect everyone to have understanding for you when you didn't even have decency to learn basic boss mechanics for a given encounter. Of course, there are some people who expect from you to know everything, have everything mastered before you even enter the dungeon and that is rightfully fault on them. But the fault is on you if you expect to basically be carried through the dungeon. And you can't even compare the game from then to the game now. That's completely different.

3 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

Point=Missed. If you want to discover boss mechanics on your own, find like-minded people and knock yourself out doing it for most of the day. But don't come into a pug group and expect everyone to have understanding for you when you didn't even have decency to learn basic boss mechanics for a given encounter. Of course, there are some people who expect from you to know everything, have everything mastered before you even enter the dungeon and that is rightfully fault on them. But the fault is on you if you expect to basically be carried through the dungeon. And you can't even compare the game from then to the game now. That's completely different.

Yeah sure explaining mechanics boss is carrying. Or the problem is that people like you are just too asocial to answer question in group chat ? Cause it seems like BnS community is allergic to communication and cooperation. I guess that's the next-gen MMO syndrom (and that's fun cause I'm still young but I've played old MMOs). Everything must be done as fast as possible.

And I'd want to add, if you play in pug and don't join formed group or just play with your guild/friends, then why do you expect ppl to be pro ? PUG is usually used by new comers....

3 hours ago, FloreSurana said:

Yeah sure explaining mechanics boss is carrying. Or the problem is that people like you are just too asocial to answer question in group chat ? Cause it seems like BnS community is allergic to communication and cooperation. I guess that's the next-gen MMO syndrom (and that's fun cause I'm still young but I've played old MMOs). Everything must be done as fast as possible.

And I'd want to add, if you play in pug and don't join formed group or just play with your guild/friends, then why do you expect ppl to be pro ? PUG is usually used by new comers....

Au contraire, I talk to people, I explain tactics and I don't mind running with newcomers or people who are in the dungeon for the first time. You are confusing me with those elitist jerks who are all about their gear and no skill. But don't go around telling me that I should have patience with you if you're in it with too low gear or no knowledge about the content whatsoever (that's my personal PoV). That's not fair towards me because I don't go into your groups expecting to just die on the first boss special attack (or otherwise struggle to survive the boss) and let you struggle even more with outputting enough damage to finish off the boss. I don't then expect you to do that either, let alone *cricket* about how people have no heart towards you because you just want to enjoy the game and do a dungeon the whole day. You also need to understand that the game is heavily grind-dependent and people usually don't want to spend any more time in given dungeons than they have to (that's not my PoV but general PoV).

As for this syndrome, congratulations! You have just discovered warm water! No offense but this way of thinking was adopted in games much less strenuous than BnS and with the addition of dungeon finder tools. Believe me when I say, I have gotten my hands on games which are old and don't have those mechanics enabled, and the amount of conversation just the omission of dungeon finder tools (meaning you have to go to the entrance of actual dungeon and talk to people to actually recruit them for a party) sparks is incredible. The problem with this is debatable and there are many reasons for and against it, but I digress with it.

Last part, I don't expect people to be pro, I expect them to at least carry their own weight in a dungeon. By that logic, neither should you expect people to be sympathetic to you for going blindly into an encounter.

5 hours ago, Yuina said:

If you require 400+ AP for something as simple as Poh 6 man you are retarded.

I agree with this. This is just absurd but there are plenty of PUGs doing Poharan and BSH with lower gear. Don't pay attention to those guys who demand that much AP, just make your own group. 

Archived