This needs to stop.

RavTH

its fine, if people want a fast run with equal people, why shouldnt they? its not like they should carry you all the time

you can just either do the following two things yourself:

1. Make your own group with how much AP you want to have in it

2. Pug

its not that, I know I dont need 400ap for completing it.

But, people can finish this in like 10 mins with high ap all around. Instead of using 30+ mins to do, while carrying people thats below.

I have a 570 ap summoner, and I dont  always have play time to carry people, so I will join high ap to finish fast, that way I can spend more time on my 400 ap forcemaster, leveling that up after im done with the dailies

And how can it even bother you, there are more then enough people wanting to play with u in pugs/clans/friends

Just now, SweetJust said:

its fine, if people want a fast run with equal people, why shouldnt they? its not like they should carry you all the time

2. Pug

no um it's just that you don't really need 400ap for poh if you know what to do and how each boss works, but at same time you could still deal damage?

I saw the name in your ss, dunno it is appropriate but at least she was polite.

She didnt mention like "no noobs" must know "mechanics" etc.

when ASura came out first day, I saw ppl asking to know the mechanics in order to join.

how the hell you going to learn the mechanic without actually doing it?

However, he just want to speed thing up, nothing personal.

I believe you can always find a group near your ap range to join.

What bothers me is when people have, for example, 400 AP and they ask for 450+ AP for their group. If you aren't at 450+ AP then don't ask for 450+ AP!

/endrant

In response to your post, OP, like what SweetJust said, people can request whatever AP they want especially when they don't want to waste time. Yeah, it's doable at like 370 AP or less, but that's not what they're looking for. They don't want just completion, but speed.

This is becoming a cancer, and it hurts new  or lower level players especially on the less populated servers. Yesterday I joined a Naryu random no AP restriction and by the time I loaded in to the CSD 3 of the "highest" levels had already bailed, another bailed 10 seconds later. Left and joined another pug group, this time four of the 6 bailed before we ever got out of the first room. tried again.. this time we had 9 bail total between the first room and the boss.

A few days prior I had joined another pug that was replacing one member at the final boss and got told to leave cause I didn't have enough AP, and got bitched at because I was trying to join a Naryu with just under 400 ap (I had done it multiple times before on another character that was well under 400 ap and did fine)

People requiring AP levels are becoming a cancer, it's going to greatly restrict lower and new players from running the dungeons that they needed in order to get the good SS and upgrade items for jewelry and weapons. Especially if people are requiring 460+ AP for blackram. If you have that much AP you probably don't even need to run that dungeon anymore.

23 minutes ago, Passel said:

when ASura came out first day, I saw ppl asking to know the mechanics in order to join.

You would know the mechanics if you watch a video or a guide. Asura is not an easy dungeon, is one of those you should try to analyze before even trying. And before you say something like oh but it defeats the purpose of having fun while learning! This is the method used in many games for harder instances, raids, etc. People don't just jump on it, they learn bosses mechanics and how it works, unless it's completely new and there is no record (which is not the case) then yeah, that's when you jump in and learn from slapping.

1 hour ago, Passel said:

+1
Some people can be rude to low AP, yet have 0 knowledge about dungeon or game.

1 hour ago, xSonatax said:

You would know the mechanics if you watch a video or a guide. Asura is not an easy dungeon, is one of those you should try to analyze before even trying. And before you say something like oh but it defeats the purpose of having fun while learning! This is the method used in many games for harder instances, raids, etc. People don't just jump on it, they learn bosses mechanics and how it works, unless it's completely new and there is no record (which is not the case) then yeah, that's when you jump in and learn from slapping.

Why should I play?

I should just watch all the videos of all dungeons.

CLAP! CLAP! done with BnS

next is Neverwinter ? AION? SWTOR? so much videos to watch...

I'm kiddin but the butt slapping of a unknown (pov of the player) dungeon is really thrilling.

An idea I used back in my days on Aion when I LFG I notified the type :

- Expert only ( mean people used to it with high AP or not, well in Aion they looked at your stuff).

- First time (mean what it mean ^^)

27 minutes ago, Tsuki no Koibito said:

Why should I play?

I should just watch all the videos of all dungeons.

CLAP! CLAP! done with BnS

next is Neverwinter ? AION? SWTOR? so much videos to watch...

I'm kiddin but the butt slapping of a unknown (pov of the player) dungeon is really thrilling.

An idea I used back in my days on Aion when I LFG I notified the type :

- Expert only ( mean people used to it with high AP or not, well in Aion they looked at your stuff).

- First time (mean what it mean ^^)

I played aion, I never minded carrying people, and teaching people. But what I said has nothing to do with it. When you are going to do something hard, you prepare for it. You don't need to be an expert without even being there, but you need to be at least interiorized with some basics about the fight (again, when we are talking about a hard one). But I guess we have a very different opinion in how to do certain things.

isnt this a thread with same title of another similar thread?

also, why do u care much about those requirement? are u jealous? cant u use LFP feature?

tell me OP, i am all ears.

in my server 2h ago someone asked for  "ASURA4 630ap 120%acc" and i loled.

but ok

Guy must have sh*tty ping to the server, as this video example shows how crappy your DPS can become, where a 450AP with 250ms will do less DPS then 300AP with 10ms ping.

I think I am going to start PUGs with <20ms pings as the primary requirement from now on as clearly game skill and know-how doesn't matter anymore.

I know how you feel but a lot of times this has nothing to do with "not wanting noobs or low AP players in a pt," I do this myself and its not because i dont want low APs in my pt(i have 610+AP) the reason why I and others do it is simple to manage time better. Some of us don't have as much free time to play so we try to do as much possible and doing this shortens the time by A LOT.

The problems are:

No punishment for leaving uncompleted dungeons

No Minimum requirements for pug dungeons 

This has lead to:

People getting sick and tired of carrying low ap / crit / crit damage people who do less damage and cause the dungeon to take so much longer

Everyone wanting to be carried

Even I have begun leaving Heroic dungeons when characters are not level 50 with at least 400 ap. I am talking about someone who played Wow, Rift, lol and multiple other games without ever once leaving anything. 

i saw today poh6 450 or kick... remember times when poh4 380-390 was fastrun, and i must laugh it, but just click LFP, and you get even some 600, and will have fastest run

same starts happening with yeti, this noooobs now want 580 or at least 550, i ran today with 3 such pugs, and all failed and disbanded! yeti LFP button also works better than joining those groups (talking about 4man) and im way over their requirements, and i ran that 260 times, about 100 times 3man 520ap group farming, so i dont complain about requirements, i just wanna do my daily!

im so scared that all good players gonna quit cuz state of game, and ignorance of devs, and only noob whales stay, if that is not happening already =(

7 hours ago, SweetJust said:

2. Pug

I agree with you on the fact that people can form a team with whatever requirements they want.  However, they're not carrying someone with a 400 AP :p  Or hell, even the old max APs that you could get on a PoH run.

I don't understand where's the problem ? I was a bit late cause I was busy IRL last weeks. And when I didn't find group with my AP lvl, I just created one by myself then ppl join and that's it. And now I've farmed enough and I have 520 AP and I find more groups. And if I don't find group with my AP lvl, guess what ? I create one by myself, and ppl join!

Sometimes i have only around 1 hour daily playing time to do challenge and/or ssp dailies. Which means that i need to finish challenge dungs as quick as possble. Which means i always join the dungeon lobby with highest ap requirements i can find. 30 seconds per boss is kinda faster than 3min per bos right? And that's why i like high ap parties.

Archived