My idea to keep bots out of BnS

JPangZiC

I really like this game, but the bots are ruining my experience with blade and soul.

They are basically everywhere from arena's, SSP, and battle grounds.

Gold farming bots is pretty common for any f2p game, but not games with monthly subs because with F2P gold sellers can basically make money for free.

Making an account cost them nothing so they could make thousands and thousands of them.

For example BnS in both China and Taiwan faces bot problems, but not BnS in Japan.  

The thing is no matter how much bots NCsoft bans, there will always be more bots cause it cost nothing to create a new account.

This is an endless chase that is not effective.

My proposal is to implement a free trial till the lv cap/content of the previous patch.

After that players will need to subscribe for at least a month or pay an one time fee to continue.

After subscribing the account will be marked in the system as a contributor and all alts for that account can enjoy the full content.

So lets say for example if a person opens a new account now their lv cap will be 45 and they will not be able to go to or participate in any Silver Frost content until they pay up.

After they pay up they will be free to experience the latest content and future contents.

All current users will not be effected by this new policy.

So if this were to work there will be a lot less bot created. Even if there was, the new bots will not be able to affect the game much because they can't participate in the latest content.

After banning the old bots the game should have a fresh start.

Feel free to comment or oppose. This is just an outline every idea could potentially contribute and make it better.

Even WoW has bots, and that's buy to play AND pay to play.

You won't get rid of bots entirely. They did a great job with their last maintenance, in my opinion. Bots are almost gone.

P2P have bots, but unarguably fewer of them.

Still, bots per se don't bother me that much. My panties don't get in a bunch if I see a bunch of bots farming a dungeon for some moonwater tears or whatever. Bot farms are gonna bot farm, and it doesn't bother me. 

On the other hand, hackers, and people who are actual players that commit to using speedhacks/cooldown hacks/whatever hacks would *cricket* me off. Making the game P2P would reduce the amount of bots, and perhaps slightly that of hackers since people would be more reluctant to use a hack they might be banned for after they'd paid for the game, but most importantly it would drop the chunk of game's healthy population and - finally - create a REAL paywall and yet another stain on NC's reputation, after they've preached so much about how all the content will forever be free to play.

I posted this about 2 or 3 times now. I'm going to post it again, as I've seen no substantial rebuttal that outweighs the pros to date. 

Here it is;

Disable trading/bidding of gold inside of cross server. That way the gold sellers and buyers, who will still be desperate and cheap enough, will exchange in their server or sell items for exorbitant amounts of gold on market, massive gold gains in short space of time w/o evident effort = flagged, looked into, find the pattern, ban.

They dont catch the buyers and sellers because they go to cross server for their respective regions and fight until an item drops for bidding, the seller bids the amount of gold bought, the buyer passes on the bid and gets the gold when the timer runs down.

To get in the cross server they give you the dungeon party number, in world u just be lvl 15+...hit F8 and enter party number and you're in their party ready to go. I could have a character on one server and buy gold in the next server so long as its same region. Now imagine if someone makes a fall guy account in one server, buys gold in another server and moves the gold from the fall guy account onto their main account in yet ANOTHER server. How are you even going to trace 20 people doing this, among thousands of hypothetically legit players?

Worse yet...how are you going to track down one account that moves gold from lets say seller>>fall guy>> fall guy>>main with all chars on different accounts and servers but same region? Add in 3 fall guys, now add 4....and we're still on that one person and seller doing this...multiply this by 10 buyers...now 20...smh.

I lobby for disabling bidding in cross server, force the sellers and desperate buyers to do business within one server so its easier to trace and recognize gold gain patterns and ban parties involved even if its market place its still easier to track. If an item drops in cross server, it should RNG to determine who gets it regardless of who picks it up. Sure this is annoying but its a sacrifice some players will cry about now but still buckle down and take it anyway...just like the bad server pings in eu and the pvp hackers in arena. People still pvp in arena after they cry and scream and stomp. Same can be said for other issues.

End result is not a eradication of bots but a huge mitigation of them and an increase in gold prices set by black market.

I mentioned this before in another thread and it got buried and ignored among complaints and half baked solutions of putting humans to ban bots. Now I'm going to add this to my clipboard and whenever these bot complaint threads or post show up, I'll just paste this.

14 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

-snip-

Just as the "large amount of gold" can be traced in AH purchase, you can trace the same "large amount of gold" from bidding in dungeon. Just as how you'd do it on cross-server, you can chain the accounts through auction house as well. Bidding 10000 gold for Viridian Earring in a dungeon is just as unnatural as buying the viridian earring for 10000 gold from auction house.

The only differences are that, one, AH is taxed; two, it's harder to accuse someone of elaborate "gold buying" if their dumb 10k gold viridian ring auction lot got bought.

I don't see any sort of positive result disabling bids in xserver would bring except very slightly bumping gold prices and making "afk bots" less viable in xserver. On the other hand, it would greatly inconvenience people who actually are using the bidding properly and would likely bar people away from doing any sort of xserver PUG runs altogether.

lol worst solution ever. WoW is P2P and have tons of hacks and bots.

BnS Korea is P2P have tons of bots(dunno about hackers) 

FF have bots and hacks

every game have Bots and hacks even LoL!

Not getting any more of my money till this shit is fixed, bots/hacks

(unidentified players(10 of them when I logged in to day pulling people off our spawn in misty woods so mostly dead before done loading in)) all of it.

Fix your shit!!

Archived