Is all the $$$ and time spent worth it?

Anabella

But, yeah. Right now I just log into this, put some music on, run 6-man Poh on 2 or 3 of my chars and log out.

Used to do the other Harbor dailies, but everyone's moved on to Silverfrost. Sure, I could do the same, but I'm just not feeling it.

Saw the massive jump in resources even from just Profane to Siren.  Not my jam. Especially since I'm a bit of an alt-oholic.

Haven't quit entirely; I still play... But just enough to have some quick fun before moving on something else.

On 5.5.2016 at 7:36 AM, Anabella said:

I feel "Blade and Soul" is the last NCSoft game I'll play (But you never know). I need fun... games are supposed to be fun... it's not fun any more. I mean, what's the purpose of making alts if we cannot even ever use them, simply because it is impossible to max out even just ONE character? It's been such a mind-numbing grind - even after all the money I spent (thx bad RNG) - that I find myself just staring at the screen then logging out, or just afking for hours.

I can completely confirm this.

I have 3 lvl 50 characters which are all around 500 - 550 ap. True Breeze and oathbreaker accessoires.

Its going so slowly from now on, even when im playing with my lvl 40 toon its already getting annoying to see the moonwater transformation stones, its hilarious how much those cost... nvm the Scorpio Axe on lvl 50.

Its just time consuming and repeating the old routine... its not fun anymore its just endless grinding if u dont want to pay to progress. This is why I personally want a pay to play game, pay once and get the possibility to farm for Outfits (which are now in the Hongmoon Store) or just farm for those mats u need for the high tier weapons. (with reduced cost)

Pay to Play will also prevent those annoying gold sellers and will also reduce the amount of hackers ingame.

Seriously thinking of leaving this game behind as it is ...

(Everyone who finds a grammar failure can keep it, im from germany)

Regarts,

Flock

2 hours ago, Laneera said:

I'm fine with not having maxed out gear. I'm not fine with having to run older content that none of my friends is still interested in just for mats or skills. I'm not fine with having to play any PvP because it's the only way to gain certain skills or materials. And most of all I really don't want to be running Yeti for hours every day.

Well, I don't run Yeti all day. I do something else to make gold.

1 hour ago, ARC-1276 said:

Well, I don't run Yeti all day. I do something else to make gold.

There are other ways to gain gold, but most involve dailies (which run out once you finish them all) or grinding the same content over and over for efficiency.

1 hour ago, FlockUndead said:

Pay to Play will also prevent those annoying gold sellers and will also reduce the amount of hackers ingame.

Did you ever play a P2P MMO? Let's take WoW for instance, the amount of gold sellers in that was no less than it is in B&S at some points in time. And it will actually be more interesting to hack players and steal their accounts to do this goldselling on...

P2P would definitely make the game better if that meant a severe reduction in required materials for item upgrades and no more P2W items in the store, but it would definitely not improve the rate of "crime" ingame.

No. I spent 50$ on this game, and have no plans to spend any more at this point.

2 hours ago, FlockUndead said:

personally want a pay to play game

44 minutes ago, Laneera said:

P2P would definitely make the game better

...why do people assume that having a subscription would make anything better? Wildstar's dismal performance, along with every other MMO that had a subscription that they eventually ditched say otherwise.

57 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

...why do people assume that having a subscription would make anything better? Wildstar's dismal performance, along with every other MMO that had a subscription that they eventually ditched say otherwise.

I have only played another game, SWTOR. While it have a hybrid system of F2P, Preferred and Current Subscriber, really it was only worth playing as a Subscriber. As a Subscriber I felt I was getting my money worth while I went through all the content that interested me (I played for 2 years). It barely had any cheating and hacking, and the amount of non-repetitive content was about 10-20 times the BnS has to offer. It also was generous with the features, like housing, pets, mounts, legacy items. For example, I am still in disbelieve that you have to pay and pay to feed a pet in BnS, after my SWTOR experience of having them dropped, stored in a menu of pets that did not impact inventory, and had a button to summon a random one from a collection. Once I bought an item, I could pay to put it in a  collection from where I could access it on all of my 30 or so alts... alts on a server all worked for the same pool of achievements. Alts gave bonuses to the other alts... there were companions and story unique to each class, and fully voiced including the different voices for every line of multiple choices of the PC dialogue for each of the 8 classes....

So, it is natural for me to assume that a subscription game >>> an F2P one. because, really, save for combat system that is A+ in SWTOR and cross-server BnS is nowhere near SWTOR in content, fun and generosity to the player!

Also, after I subbed for BnS, I can't really see much of a difference from being an F2P. So, it's like they don't even want my money & want people to play for free. Well, you get what you pay for....

1 hour ago, Nilkemios said:

As someone who actually played Wildstar at launch: that game was actually pretty bad. I got the collector's edition (or whatever they called the expensive digital version of it) and paid my monthly fee but quit within a month after that and never turned back. There was no real story to speak of and it got too complicated too quickly. It was not the business model that killed the game, it was the game itself.

In the mean time I'm paying just as much for B&S premium as I ever paid for my WoW or Wildstar subs, while at the same time the game pretty much expects you to spend more money in the store. I'm getting sick of that double-dipping strategy.

I'm with mostly everyone else in this thread. I'm looking at the 290 stingers I need to upgrade my weapon to Awakened Scorpion. At 3,2g pr stinger we're talking a 930(ish)g investment, just in the stingers. Then you can add the moonstones, tablets, gold cost, etc, etc, and we're upwards of 1500g. And what happens when you upgrade it? You get a handful more AP, and some of the other stats actually go down. That's right, you just invested 1500g in upgrading your weapon, and the stats go down from what you already had... and then you have to further upgrade it to level 10, to get better stats.

It's this incremental upgrade that really stinks. You never feel like you got something that significantly boosted your character. I have 563 AP. If I throw 400g at a 35 AP diamond, I'm gonna have 573 AP. Who's gonna feel the difference between 563 and 573? Instead of giving us tiny upgrades for huge costs, give us SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES FOR REASONABLE COSTS!!!!

Archived