Limit the gold > hongmoon currency exchange prices from being too low

It is literally impossible to get hongmoon coins now. Trove event ended and we still have these stupid prices: 

13115775_1016208868472474_1562214919_n.j

With gold being worth so little, it's easy for P2W people to just buy a tonne using NCoin and level up their chars np. Not that I have anything wrong with those people because they do support the game, but the F2Pers or average person who cant dump thousands of dollars to level are struggling to farm gold for even longer and harder now just to be able to buy outfits or anything else in the store. It shouldn't take hundreds of gold just to buy one thing. 

Feel free to agree or disagree but I miss the 1g > 75 hongmoon coin prices. 

The market was recovering, and had briefly reached a ratio of 1:30, but this new event with RNG boxes will likely drive us to a ratio of 1:10 by the time it ends. We're never seeing 1:75 again, sadly. NCSoft never learns it seems...and is part of why this game will die in NA/EU well before its time.

Look at all the games that didn't listen. They're dying. Sure, whales still buy your RNG boxes, but this needs to END. You're hurting the majority of the population. No population means no players for the whales to play with.

I think you are all missing a big picture here... Outside of the F2P arena E Sport, the whales are all they need in order to keep the servers paid for for the e-sport. Also as happens in Vegas, whales only want to play with other whales anyway, thus why that term is being used here as well.

So the MMO exists to pay for the Arena E-sport, plain and simple.

15 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I think you are all missing a big picture here... Outside of the F2P arena E Sport, the whales are all they need in order to keep the servers paid for for the e-sport. Also as happens in Vegas, whales only want to play with other whales anyway, thus why that term is being used here as well.

So the MMO exists to pay for the Arena E-sport, plain and simple.

If you look below the picture in my post, you'll see I do understand it funds the game, and that I have nothing wrong with those people. I just feel this system is being abused heavily. :P 

I doubt NCSoft will listen, cuz the lower the ratio is, the better for them.

Lower gold:coin ratio will promote people to open their wallet, buying NCoins, so that they will have a healthy gold income when exchange their real life money (in form of NCoins) for a massive amount of gold. In the end, whale prospers, while normal players either have to part with store accessibility, sell more gold (intended, due to higher daily income now), or is resorted to the Real Money Trading (RMT), which they gain more selling their gold illegally than legally.

Not mention the stupid HM coin tax, which only adds salt to the injury. The tax should be flexible and reduce the taxing amount when the ratio is too low. You don't actually put personal tax on people whose income can barely feed themselves, do you?

Sorry but with each patch more and more gold comes into the economy, inflation happens

even without these rng boxes and whatnot the ratio will only go down over time

Like Jonathan said in stream, the prices are based on demands, cost is going down because nobody is buying your gold, that is why it's going down, also I think profit wise it is more worth it to buy those rng boxes than gold from currency exchange. So don't blame ncsoft on this, blame people that don't want that gold :)

not much they can do the economy is run by us the players its like asking to the government to bail you out because stocks are crashing. yea the RNG boxes  effect the value of gold sure but people are being to passive  and the high demand for MATS gems outfits etc. isn't being balanced just yet. and untill 60% of the players don't need certain MATS like stingers  or Mass farming is to take place this will keep happening  same with cute/cool outfits skins etc. If they rotated in a Butt ugly set of outfits  gold wouldnt crash as bad *not asking for butt ugly outfits dont consider this feedback*  If some one wanted to they could easy rekt the economy with 100k gold

just buy all the MATS and up the prices till you see fit. 

Archived