Sooooo NC said they didnt wanna become p2w. They lied

dmoe33

Pay to win requires exclusivity. This box is no different than the exp bonus attached to the premium membership, except with the boxes the people that buy them can share with other people. In essence the box is LESS pay to win than premium membership, so go complain about that instead.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

Sooo when NC said they didnt wanna make bns p2w if it wasnt obvious before it is now that that was a blatant lie it was bad when they released RNG boxes back when moonwater plains was still relevant they then released Treasure trove which is a huge P2W scheme and now they release silverfrost RNG boxes which is again another example of P2W. Now some of u are gonna say "oh jus farm gold and use currency exchange its not p2w" im sorry but ur wrong and thats just straight up damage control. Even if u wanted to do it with gold it would be WAAAAAAY less efficient then using $$$$ because 1 RNG sucks and 2 Things like these crash currency exchange which then results in being able to 1 further push the ppl who spend on the game even further then they already can be and 2 further screw over the f2p group by pushing them farther and farther behind like they already are. Now not everythings a race yea but u dont exactly want to spend forever upgrading also i personally like to progress fast which when silverfrost hit it was slowed but i was ok but then these P2W aspects came into play and now just because im an f2p player i am extremely far behind part of it being me not being able to play much and farm dungs much but the majority due to these P2W aspects NC are introducing. Im all for rewarding people who support ur game and giving em good stuff but this is pushing it wayy too much. Honestly im playing less and less everyday due to other stuff and the demotivating atmosphere NC has created with these P2W models. Im not butthurt on not being able to upgrade as fast im butthurt cause people are getting a significant advantage over me jus for spending cash on the game thus affecting me because people keep recruiting for higher and higher requirements for dungs (i do pug runs) thus reducing the overall partys i am able to join thus affecting my experience resulting in killing the mood to play or spend cash on here. TBH shoulda seen it coming and i dont expect these to stop, its been proven NC dont care and are just milking da game if it wasnt proven in ur face before it definitely is now.

Feels free to post ur opinions but please keep it to a civil discussion 

You can pretty easely do Yeti 4 man with 3 people that have around 500 ap and still have 2 mins left on the timer, whatever people are asking for in their groups is a load of bs, just make your own 440-460 yeti 4 or 6 man group and thus being able to get a decent amount of stingers / gold.

Nothing is stopping any F2P to do that.

8 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

Im always lazy when writing posts and just stuff online in general not writing an essay im trying to relay info so its not rlly important... and im super lazy ^^

You don't need to be writing an essay to require the use of correct grammar. It just makes you look dumb and diverts people from reading what you are trying to say.

If you write correctly more often it then becomes second nature and you start doing it without even thinking. Try it =)!

And yeah, I couldn't finish reading because of that. You don't want to put the time to write correctly, I don't want to put the time into reading the letters vomit =D. Sounds fair, right?

Im good with it.Moonstone price before the boxes hit 4g tag and in a matter of few hours dropped down to 3g.I'm happy about them.Rich people will always find a way to get what they want one way or another.

56 minutes ago, Thaxsom said:

Pay to win requires exclusivity. This box is no different than the exp bonus attached to the premium membership, except with the boxes the people that buy them can share with other people. In essence the box is LESS pay to win than premium membership, so go complain about that instead.

Lets see sports.

6 people are at start line, they will run 10km. After 1km the 1st guy buy a car and win the race. The 2nd guy buy a bicycle, still arrive to the finish line. The 3rd guy after a very long a tiresome run reach the line too. New round starts (update). The 4-5-6th guy just give up and leave. Same stuff happens, 1st buy a car, 2nd the bicycle. The 3rd guy is very tired and he just give up. Now you see what is pay to win and why its bad.

9 minutes ago, KzE said:

Lets see sports.

6 people are at start line, they will run 10km. After 1km the 1st guy buy a car and win the race. The 2nd guy buy a bicycle, still arrive to the finish line. The 3rd guy after a very long a tiresome run reach the line too. New round starts (update). The 4-5-6th guy just give up and leave. Same stuff happens, 1st buy a car, 2nd the bicycle. The 3rd guy is very tired and he just give up. Now you see what is pay to win and why its bad.

But its not a race. The old "finish line" will always be there and you can cross it anytime you want. The vast majority of players on BnS are f2p so they will be right there with you. Who cares if a bunch of whales drive ahead. They are few and far between and will be alone come the next race. You don't need to clear all the new content on Day 1 of a new expansion. At least for now, its easy enough for f2p players like myself to get 550+AP and run virtually all content in the game.

1 minute ago, Rockbridge said:

But its not a race. The old "finish line" will always be there and you can cross it anytime you want. The vast majority of players on BnS are f2p so they will be right there with you. Who cares if a bunch of whales drive ahead. They are few and far between and will be alone come the next race. You don't need to clear all the new content on Day 1 of a new expansion. At least for now, its easy enough for f2p players like myself to get 550+AP and run virtually all content in the game.

If its not a race, why there are enrage timers, 1% damage restrictions, leaderboards... Why day 1 clears get the big money from items? Why the new ppl need to pay the inflated price for materials at the same amount of income, like the old players had? Its a race and always will be a race.

43 minutes ago, KzE said:

If its not a race, why there are enrage timers, 1% damage restrictions, leaderboards... Why day 1 clears get the big money from items? Why the new ppl need to pay the inflated price for materials at the same amount of income, like the old players had? Its a race and always will be a race.

Its only a race if you make it one.

You want to be there together with the whales, keeping up while not spending a single dime to support the game.

I on the other hand just want to play the game and see where i can get, sure ill spend 50 euro's on an event, which i would otherwise spend on fuel for my car, tickets for the movie, food at the movie and fuel to get back home, you don't get very far anymore with 50 euro's at best it gets you 3 or so hours of movie entertainment + cheap food for 2, while if i spend it ingame, its going to last me a good while.

What you want is free food, free movie, free car and a free fuel card....

1 hour ago, KzE said:

Lets see sports.

Also, it sounds like in that Running sport of yours, those guys are all cheating, i mean who allows a car during a running marathon.

A better analogy would be

The Whales arrives at the start with a Formula 1 car.
The Premium players that spend some money here and there bring nice sports to race cars.
The free player brings their moms Civic with 60 hp, none V-Tec.

You are going to get to the finish at some point, it is just going to take you longer....but who cares, there are a boatload of Civics to race against

Im a free player and i dont think Game is P2W ppl in this days want all fast and easy (just sad)

I agree RNG box are bad just try get $ but is ppl fault just stop pay for them.

You guys do race analogy? Is a MMO game is not supposed to end.

You guys have play other MMO games you guys remembre how boring is when you get end game gear?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 10:50 PM, dmoe33 said:

Sooo when NC said they didnt wanna make bns p2w if it wasnt obvious before it is now that that was a blatant lie...

Fact is, if no one pays NCS, then they don't win, so be glad there are people paying NCS so you can have it F2P. I know I paid my share as founder, and NCS isn't going to get another dime from me unless they 100% rid the BOTs and the hackers.

The coin exchange was crashed by the players who wanted their cash now. They undercut each other to the point it's cheap. This happened in eve and any other game that has this system. I have a sad story for you. Every game online from now own will be like this where players pay to get ahead faster. You can't stop it. This is not pay 2 win as there are not cash shop only legendary es or gear with bis stats.

Wanna see a real P2W game play PWI.

The Assassins there could buy items in CS to speed up their attack rate from lets say 3 secs default lower it up to 0.20 sec. The attacks were insanely fast the mobs dropped dead in less than 2 secs.

Tbh, I think this game is too free to play. I am still in disbelief of how there is absolutely no advantage to pay to the NC Soft directly to play their game there is. All the content is available, and the Premium bonuses are negligible. I guess games make far more money on gambling types who want a huge payback vs the low risk-low reward types who just want to pay a flat-rate for QoL and easier time in the game, like myself. Oh, well.

This late in the game people are still this delusional about it being P2win.  

Few things to set the record straight..

-Just because you can obtain X item from farming doesn't make the $ purchase of that same X item anyless p2win (how significant+ Exclusivity of X being bought with money vs everything else gameplay/gameplay time is what defines how p2win it is)-  

-"Whales are saving the game" False! whales only make up a certain percentage of the games economy. Whales also buy so f2pers can see them strut their stuff but when a majority of the f2pers (the actual playerbase) quit then rest assured the whales will quit too.-  

NCsoft has been profiting for a while off the players it has atm and where it goes idk. 

Lets just face facts here...people are quitting left and right (P2win pays a strong roll in the blame game imo), requirements on simple dungeons are getting worse and worse (EX...500 ap for Naryu lab- 540AP for most 4mans.) I've seen a 700 rec pop its head up once and I didn't think it was even possible to get that much yet..

People will just leave the party the second they see someone with less AP than them and the people with decked out epic equips don't even know how to avoid Yeti Aoes.  

AP doesn't equal skill and skill wont help you make money or gear up at the rate of the wallet warriors (the way things are now) so it just feels useless and people quit.  The progression in this game is just constantly getting floped too so new players struggle unless they just buy and skip content. Pissing off the old players that fail runs with these inexperienced players or now find themselves being undergeared compared to them.

Am I saying whales wont keep the game up?  Not really NCsoft gotta make money. However, at the same time don't just dismiss people or give em a free pass cause they have a job. A game community needs to be made up of many different individuals.  F2P MMO's are massive multiplayer games and wont last long without the masses.

-You aren't winning anything by paying-   

Remember when Bsh 4 was a thing? Well if you don't reach what is considered by the masses a acceptable gear cap then you stand the chance of missing out on content but there's no rush (counting the days till necro and lair 4 are removed). + HM upgradeable gems , battleground -which I still haven't done after seeing a Destroyer 1 hit a 45k hp FM like release week of 6v6-, dungeon resets (<- I don't like this trend), and HM skills in general.    

Is Bns p2win to me? Yes it is wallet warriors will have more stats, time to do things, be favorable to partys, hell they could out buy me and destroy my gold/game time value too... but at the same time the game isint pay2play and I think more game time will put me in good standing. No way in I will be the best in the game without paying something but them paying2win just gives me a bigger hurdle to jump over in staying on par with them. Games should have challenges.  Being the best in the game as a F2Per is undoubtedly an impossibility (atleast in Pve. Pvp is remotely debatable but more or less the same).      

I think true endgame was somewhere in the 5k G+ department? Where as I struggle to keep afloat at 110G. 

Does that make BNS bad? ^  Yes and No the community has grown so toxic and ignorant to these kinds of problems (and is quick to pass it off) that its sickening but the game is still very fun while you can detour around all of that.

And that's the end of my thoughts on this p2win deal.  

I really hope they balance the economy better in later updates....

Vipercap was a good step but that's being removed and a edge is still given to the wallet warriors.

Well, "pay to catch up" is somewhat a unfair advantage you can get from using your money, so most players have bad times at faction pvp, because the ones that haves tons of nc coins can just be overpowered, while the eternal farm hardwork players suffer.

Only if the cash only gives players more bag space, character slots, costumes and cool tags and effects.

Thats why we have tons of ridiculous bots hagging around.

14 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Maybe NCSoft should start to sell RNG boxes that give a chance to win sealed True Scorpio weapons/accessories. Define it's P2W or Pay-to-catch-up/progress in your own definition. Going to a fun sight to see :D

Shhhhhhhhh, don't give them good ideias ! Or they will make RGN boxes that drops level 50 soul shields sets with refined max stats.

You both act like people haven't been riding their profits from the previous events to get Scorpio stuff. It's called an indirect occurrence or basically people pretty much did win the wep from rng box profits. 

3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Maybe NCSoft should start to sell RNG boxes that give a chance to win sealed True Scorpio weapons/accessories. Define it's P2W or Pay-to-catch-up/progress in your own definition. Going to a fun sight to see :D

Obvious Trollbait post couldn't be anymore obvious.

Why don't you answer it yourself since it varies to certain degrees? Or read the post LITERALLY 1 comment ahead of yours. Though reading might be a bit advanced for you and we should all just post faaaceeeesss!!  ;d

I think the better question you should be asking is "How do I end my statements without making readers feel like their brain just got taken out of a blender?". 

3 hours ago, Miykh said:

Shhhhhhhhh, don't give them good ideias ! Or they will make RGN boxes that drops level 50 soul shields sets with refined max stats.

Why not, it just pay 2 progress overall, and everyone is fine with that here...

56 minutes ago, Bretto said:

You both act like people haven't been riding their profits from the previous events to get Scorpio stuff. It's called an indirect occurrence or basically people pretty much did win the wep from rng box profits. 

Obvious Trollbait post couldn't be anymore obvious.

Why don't you answer it yourself since it varies to certain degrees? Or read the post LITERALLY 1 comment ahead of yours. Though reading might be a bit advanced for you and we should all just post faaaceeeesss!!  ;d

I think the better question you should be asking is "How do I end my statements without making readers feel like their brain just got taken out of a blender?". 

Troll bait or not, you already took it the moment you reply it :)

People here are too serious about the definition of P2W. As long as you can get something from the store with your own efforts, then it isn't P2W <- If you go with this, then selling directly high-end weapons, or selling the materials to make them, all stuffed in a RNG box, is pretty much the same thing.

My post is intended to be funny. If you cannot find it funny and need a serious reply for it, then there is two possiblity:

-It's not that funny. You have my 'honest' apology for my lame joke :P

-You need to chill out and stop being too serious in the Internet :D

Don't bother quoting me, cuz I won't reply <- This is a troll bait, quote me at your own risk. I may continue to reply you, lol.

Archived