What level should I even attempt Bloodshade Harbour at?

Melodia

I've played my share of MMO's to know that the "recommended level requirement" for any endgame instance in an MMO is just bull. I went in for the first time at level 48 with all up to date weapon/soul shield (no I'm not level 50 so I obviously can't be wearing Yeti) thinking I'm 3 levels over the requirement, it can't be THAT bad, and died 5 times in less than 2 minutes. Every other player in the LFG was level 50 so of course they just rushed ahead and can survive the damage from all the aggro'd snipers. Enemies hit for 6k+ damage per hit, with half of them being gunners so it's impossible to avoid or glide over because they get aggro'd from 20m away.

So I'm guessing this instance is really only meant for level 50's? I'm still stuck on moonwater valor soul shield because it seems like there's not another set I can transition to?

@Melodia You could try doing Nightshade Harbor. You can get Bloodshade soul shield set pieces over there but if it's really crowded try getting first few pieces of Blackram from Poh. Level 48 is more than ok to go in Bloodshade Harbor but it can be hard without any knowledge. Also if you happen to have enough gold buy the Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond with Attack Power. Make sure it's Attack Power and not Additional Damage.

Then to the other question. Are you familiar of the skipping routes where to run and which walls to run up and glide from there to next spot? If you happen on be in EU server I could one time invite you to Nightshade to do a run and teach you the ways how "rushers" do it if you are not familiar. Was it also your first time in the dungeon and did you check any information about the dungeon mechanisms?

When I starts doing BSH 6-men, I have Poh's SS set.

For the dungeon itself, we skip a lot of mobs. We don't kill everything :) That's why, don't be surprised every people starts running like crazy. We'll stop to fight if someone get hit and now in combat mode.

Like Lunakitty said, you absolutely needs to get Wall Dash skill to 1. skipping mobs, and 2. run to next area after you fight Thrasher and Blood Mane.

Let those lv50 run first and follow them, you shouldn't get hit since the mob agro the first or 2nd runner :) 

If you are on NA - Old Man Cho server, you can party me up and we can run together.

BSH, along with Blackram Supply Chain, are where minimum AP threshold across the entire party begins to matter a good deal (from personal experience, around/close to 380 AP should be good enough for both of them). Outside that, knowledge of these dungeons matters just as much, if not more, which includes boss-specific mechanics/gimmicks and patterns and knowing where to Wall Dash and avoid mobs whenever possible. Lvls alone won't really cut it starting here.

BTW, Bloodshade soul shield set is excellent, both blue and purple ones. I'd recommend you farm blue set as some sort of transition stage if you got the Unsealing Charms to spare, then aim for purple. It will last you for quite some time while you take your time to farm the better ones (Labyrinth/Scorpio/Yeti).

3 hours ago, Melodia said:

I've played my share of MMO's to know that the "recommended level requirement" for any endgame instance in an MMO is just bull. I went in for the first time at level 48 with all up to date weapon/soul shield (no I'm not level 50 so I obviously can't be wearing Yeti) thinking I'm 3 levels over the requirement, it can't be THAT bad, and died 5 times in less than 2 minutes. Every other player in the LFG was level 50 so of course they just rushed ahead and can survive the damage from all the aggro'd snipers. Enemies hit for 6k+ damage per hit, with half of them being gunners so it's impossible to avoid or glide over because they get aggro'd from 20m away.

So I'm guessing this instance is really only meant for level 50's? I'm still stuck on moonwater valor soul shield because it seems like there's not another set I can transition to?

It's meant for lvl 45 with soulshield from Poh 6, but still doable even if you only have Profane souldshield but this is only if you are familiar with the dungeon.

The trick to running that dungeon beside the boss mechanics is knowing how to avoid mobs using windstride and wallruns, the layout is the same as NSH so it's good if you practice there to learn how to skip mobs and climb up to boxes. The snipers damage are high, you need to avoid them when gliding, they can easily 1-2 shot you.

I really can't imagine a group of 45's beating this. It's really toxic how these dungeons are designed so that only players with the best gear will beat it with any ease, yet in order to get those gear you pretty much have to run it.

So many people in this game simply leave the party if they see ANY non-50's in the party. Just queued and got disbanded three times in a row earlier because there are non-50's in the party. One jerk leaves, then the rest of the 50's all follow suit. Exact same thing with Tera, it's like living a reskin of the endgame grind dread all over again. But one thing that Tera did right was to have a penalty timer if you leave the party for no reason. You're unable to queue for another 15 minutes. This game totally needs the penalty timer to prevent a-holes from simply queuing for parties then leaving just to get a free teleport to a warehouse.

Bloodshade Harbor was the third hardest endgame dungeon in Level 45 Moonwater Era, behind Mushin Floor 8 and Naryu Labryinth. The minimum AP requirement is roughly 380 AP, and the minimum Soul Shield requirement was Profane/Poharan Mix, full Moonwater Valor, or full Blue Nightshade Harbor (Moonwater Arena sucks for PvE, and the amount of Unsealing Charms used for it is pretty high).

You only see Level 50 400+ AP requirements because people have ridiculous/elitist expectations or just want the run to go fast.

Well, this is what happens when the progression system relies on the market from Awakened Infernal onward and gates things behind cheaply designed dungeons (especially purple ones where you're expected to see a vid or two first rather than attempt to learn it by playing it).

Archived