Where is everyone?

asmariya

Hi all, I was just curious on the population on Poharan. I last played about two weeks ago but I stopped for a bit because everywhere I go on the server seems completely dead! With the exception of maybe 10-15 players I see standing in Jadestone Village, I never see anyone questing, or in other main areas....I'm only level 44 so maybe the areas I have been to are not so called popular spots? Or is there just no body playing on the server anymore?!

People leveled up. The main places where everyone is chilling now is Hogshead Hamlet, and Zaiwei (silverfrost map) you might still find people in yehara but if you are 40+ just keep questing and get to Hogshead. Did you join a faction? Because the chat is going on all day. I also recommend you joining a clan if you haven't. Not sure how crimson side is in Poh right now, I'm Cerulean.

The population has been steadily decreasing in general over the last month or so, but more quickly in the last two weeks.

I think that NCWest thought that releasing new content quickly would gloss over a number of their other issues, but it's not the case, and would seem to have actually had an adverse affect overall. It's just a very expensive game to play if you want to be able to keep up, not mentioning the amount of time you have to spend, particularly if you don't spend a lot of money.

B&S is too grindy for alts, and it therefore relies almost entirely on new players going through content to supply parties for early- and mid-game content. As a game wanes in popularity or reaches its niche audience -- an inevitable outcome for all games -- new players become scarce. There are also various peaks and troughs in a game's lifetime where there are many or few new players available. Right now, if you're a gamer not already into B&S, you're probably trying out the Overwatch beta, then Tree of Savior launch the day after Overwatch beta ends. B&S is not built with sufficient robustness to handle the wax and wane of MMORPG player numbers, so at least right now (and likely until Soul Fighter launches, by my wager), it might be a bit trying to find others.

Yeah, the rapid pace of the new content along with the massive grind it requires and the repetitiveness of it has steadily driven players off. I logged in the other day and spent hours just doing a few dailies to start gathering gold again so I can continue progressing and then just said eff it. It's just not fun.

Archived