Really? More p2w?

(edited)

While you are arguing in a very undecent and unpolite maneer for a large segment of players I suggest you to evolve your lvl of decent comunication and why not of showing off some adult thinking like skills.Otherwise the other readers might ,for the sake of decency already report your post .Wich i gladly did it already.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Negaimu said:

you have numbers of the current population? also fyi its 2016. NO GAME retains  vast majority of its over hyped install base. so many people pickup new games off of pure hype then drop them in weeks. its just how the climate is now. its insanely rare for a game to release get millions and retain millions forever. it just doesnt happen anymore unless its a magical accident or a hit. There are too many options & distractions in entertainment now. BNS is a great game and i never see a lack of people around . maybe your server is dead lol but mushin is bustling at all times of the day & night.

Again the game just isnt for you if you cant imagine how people keep playing it if its such a grind. bns has only grown & become more profitable over the years in all of its regions. so that says its a fun game enough for lots of people to stick to it. Even tons of people that spent years on tw or jp or cn then started all over on NA lol. bns is good. and it will stay populated & successful. sure it could be better, but id rather have this bns than no bns. thats what it comes down to.

if the game isnt for you thats fine. no ones forcing you to stay : P just play the game you think is worth spending your time on.

The other regions are very different than this market. Americans/EU players as a general audience tend to be more casual and prefer games that they don't have to no-life to stay relevant in. I have no doubt that this game is doing well because the whales are supporting the crap out of it, but for a game that's not even six months old the influx of new players has dropped off heavily.

There's also the inanity that is NCSoft's obsession with doing everything over social media instead of keeping players updated via the forums. This game just isn't run in a way that's inviting for new players in terms of the grind, the management, or the elitism that is rampant.

You don't have to tell me to play the game that I think is worth spending my time on, I've already done that. As to population numbers, yes, main servers like Mushin that had multi-hour queue times from the start likely still are doing relatively well, but many servers are not as evidenced by the posts in that regard that are constantly popping up. On Juwol the only areas that still see multiple channels regularly are Silverfrost and on. E. Fleet and Nightshade are virtually dead, people have to beg for help to do Hujikar, etc, and other low level areas are borderline deserted. Luckily there's cross server to fill the gap for some of it, but I can't see a new player hopping into this game on most servers and thinking it's remotely active besides the bots.

4 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

The other regions are very different than this market. Americans/EU players as a general audience tend to be more casual and prefer games that they don't have to no-life to stay relevant in. I have no doubt that this game is doing well because the whales are supporting the crap out of it, but for a game that's not even six months old the influx of new players has dropped off heavily.

There's also the inanity that is NCSoft's obsession with doing everything over social media instead of keeping players updated via the forums. This game just isn't run in a way that's inviting for new players in terms of the grind, the management, or the elitism that is rampant.

You don't have to tell me to play the game that I think is worth spending my time on, I've already done that. As to population numbers, yes, main servers like Mushin that had multi-hour queue times from the start likely still are doing relatively well, but many servers are not as evidenced by the posts in that regard that are constantly popping up. On Juwol the only areas that still see multiple channels regularly are Silverfrost and on. E. Fleet and Nightshade are virtually dead, people have to beg for help to do Hujikar, etc, and other low level areas are borderline deserted. Luckily there's cross server to fill the gap for some of it, but I can't see a new player hopping into this game on most servers and thinking it's remotely active besides the bots.

Actually outside of typically busy areas such as PvP Misty Woods, SSP...quest hubs such as Herbside Camp and it's surrounding areas...and various market/vault kiosks, you'd be hard pressed to run into a single living soul while leveling on Mushin.

Emphasis on "living soul", as you're far more likely to run into bots than humans on the way to 50.

The drop in new players is quite evident on Mushin. I shudder to think what it's like on "newer" servers such as Gunma.

16 hours ago, Negaimu said:

Unh... i said essential items. Those gems? not essential.. at all. Na is just inflating their worth because na stupidly thinks AP = everything. if  you are over 500AP, then little chunks of ap on those gems do literally nothing to your dps. your crit dmg is all your dps. So no, those gems are NOT essential content. you do not need any of those gems to successfully do any current or future content. you can get a regular 200 ame easy, you can get a 1 crit or 2 crit ruby by transmute(easy rates), you can get a  drain citrine etc, and they server virtually the same purpose. all you are missing is slivers of AP on the flaweless versions which again do almost NOTHING to your dps.

Any essential item in those rng boxes or treasure trove, can be obtained by grinding. essential items are mats & such, not shiney gems that do almost nothing to your dps. its just NA stroking their Epeen and needs the BIS stuff even if the bis stuff is only 2% better than the tier under it lol...

the flawless gems arent essential. the mats are. and you can farm them.

Thank you for taking the time to give me an actual and useful answer.

Yeah you can farm most items that you need,but as long as there are parts of the game that gives you a huge advantage by paying from the non paying players,its still a big p2w for me.Now dont get me wrong,the paying customers ofc should have a small advantage,but the gap atm is huge.I am over 500ap yes,i can do asura 6m atm,but i am not talking about me,new and returning players have no chance in hell to reach the 700ap some few ppl allready have.

In all mmos its like that,if new players come and see the huge gap and that they will never reach the cool max gear,then they prolly leave the game in starter regions.I want more players to be able to play here,so we can easily form parties for dungeons,pvp,etc.Its better for the company also,couse those new players,are potential paying customers also.

On 4. 5. 2016 at 7:54 PM, Thaxsom said:

If by pay to win you mean it'll drop prices thus making it easier for newbies to afford mats, then yes. Honestly of all the problems with this game that people have, this is not one of them.

have you noticed any drop in price btw? i didnt, just make whales more fat

9 minutes ago, babeln said:

have you noticed any drop in price btw? i didnt, just make whales more fat

Actually I have noticed prices for moonwater stone related mats go UP the last couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 8:35 PM, 882184_1452550488 said:

A new rng box with good again.. you said on your stream you wont do it again? but here we go again with a new one

And to think,dumb people still claiming its pay to progress.. lol

On 4/5/2016 at 9:44 PM, Unicorns said:

Ive been saying for a while how this game is not p2w yet, that the treasure trove was kinda pushing it towards that direction but it was nothing too bad just yet. Well i guess now we got to that point where it is pay to win. Yea yea i know, give me all the pay to progress bull crap, but when you are literally just poping the mats out of thin air with 0 work (because if you bough them from the marketplace, someone still had to farm those and sell them to you), its very close to just put the weapons for NCcoins in the HM store. It might decrese the cost for some mats for new players, but the gap between new players and ppl that are spending thousands in this game is going to just get bigger, so they are never even gona get close to catching up, just further and further away.

And really, you cant only blame ncsoft for this, its how the gaming community is now, not just in bns, they need to have everything NOW they dont find joy in working for something and getting it as a result of them playing the game, they just need it now now now, so they spend thousands, get what they want, get bored and move on to the next game.

Always had been pay to win,since day 1.All went according to plan.

A game is NOT free to develop, publish, host and support. We should be thanking people that spend money so others can play for FREE.

And providing everything you can get in game (or via hongmoon coin) then I still say its P2P and not P2W you just get there much quicker with coin.

8 hours ago, Aryen said:

A game is NOT free to develop, publish, host and support. We should be thanking people that spend money so others can play for FREE.

And providing everything you can get in game (or via hongmoon coin) then I still say its P2P and not P2W you just get there much quicker with coin.

I'm pretty sure they were doing just fine when they opened the doors and sold millions of subs, starter packs and cosmetics.  The problem everyone has now is that NCWest got greedy and have since fully embraced freemium with basically selling power and massive jumps in upgrade speed and providing cash buyers access to things that free players literally can't get (such as with the last RNG box).  On top of all that they gate many of these cash items behind RNG meaning even folks willing to pay and support the game often get shafted with only a lucky few or the whaliest of whales getting the top tier items.  

This shift in dynamic has caused many to quit including paying players while many who stayed grow steadily more upset with NCWest.  Upcoming cash grabs such as infinite tower resets and pets/food are likely going to make things worse.  So yes, they need to make money, but they did and with that money they should have put more back into the game with in game GMs, bug fixes, balancing and other things players have asked for.  Instead they see that money and think squeezing harder will make them more and supporting the players fun in the game becomes entirely secondary.  In the long run this sort of thinking has sunk other F2P MMOs.

For god sake, no one is forcing you to buy the rng box..they release a couple rng boxes every now and then and you all start cryiing about pay 2 win this and that..and the boxes arent even here to stay, they are always a limited time thing. You wouldnt know what pay 2 win was if it gave birth to you. Unless you've played maplestory, prefect world international or grand chase or dragon nest, you have no idea what ur talking about. so stop with the pay2win nonsense. Im sure if you got 2 or 3 of those boxes for fun and got 100 moonstones, or one of the flawless gems, you wouldnt be crying

Archived