Really? More p2w?

I ran off a game that i been playing like 3 years (for the p2w things) -the game was great ,the community awesome and good fun.Still,when i encountered too much of those boxes at one point i got so sick of it that i left ,never looking back. I moved out to WildStar .Great fun lvling -no end game content later on ,bugs and oh,boxes.I unsub imideately and left the game .Started here to be kind of same ,if the skill and dedication of player counts less then the wallet skills,well ,I'm off from here too very soonish.I prefer to play GW2 or any other game that i've paid for . I feel like the p2w aspect is a major cheating to a massive part of population ( I do have sub here too ,so i'm supporting the game). 

Those kind of things manage to draw player base away and make the company loose credibility in its customers eyes.When the lag will be fixed with the maintenance,when the bots will be taken care ,when the hackers won't stop bothering ppls in SSP? When EU players will have maintenace at the hours that would be normal to do ,not wasting their sub days and dailes? when the errors and crashes will not be part of our frustration while ''playing?''

At some point,we will realise that we just gather frustrations from a game that should bring us fun.Many of us will leave,probably.

The p2w aspect for me stays as cheating your base players into spending rl moneys to be able to advance through content .Where are you rushing anyways,NCsoft?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Windy said:

I ran off a game that i been playing like 3 years (for the p2w things) -the game was great ,the community awesome and good fun.Still,when i encountered too much of those boxes at one point i got so sick of it that i left ,never looking back. I moved out to WildStar .Great fun lvling -no end game content later on ,bugs and oh,boxes.I unsub imideately and left the game .Started here to be kind of same ,if the skill and dedication of player counts less then the wallet skills,well ,I'm off from here too very soonish.I prefer to play GW2 or any other game that i've paid for . I feel like the p2w aspect is a major cheating to a massive part of population ( I do have sub here too ,so i'm supporting the game). 

Those kind of things manage to draw player base away and make the company loose credibility in its customers eyes.When the lag will be fixed with the maintenance,when the bots will be taken care ,when the hackers won't stop bothering ppls in SSP? When EU players will have maintenace at the hours that would be normal to do ,not wasting their sub days and dailes? when the errors and crashes will not be part of our frustration while ''playing?''

At some point,we will realise that we just gather frustrations from a game that should bring us fun.Many of us will leave,probably.

The p2w aspect for me stays as cheating your base players into spending rl moneys to be able to advance through content .Where are you rushing anyways,NCsoft?

leave now please. you don't want to support the game right? another free loader. did the game offer those items just in boxes?? if you want to grind for those items that's your choice right? this is like the 3rd or 4th iteration of boxes, why are you still here?

21 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

LEARN WHAT P2W ACTUALLY MEANS FFS.

P2W F2P Games are games YOU CANNOT do well in no matter HOW MUCH you avoid spending money.  You can grind for 70 hours a week and STILL FAIL in a p2w F2p Game. Why? because those games 100% LOCK Necessary mechanics and items behind paywalls that you MUST PAY to progress. BNS IS NOT LIKE THAT!  

ANYTHING  of substance in that box can be obtained IN GAME WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY! Therefore bns is NOT P2W.... How many times does this have to be said? Are people just deluding themselves because they are jealous they cant pay to progress faster? God stop being salty cause you dont want / cant spend money on rng boxes. RNG boxes are NOT p2w. LEARN definitions before you make more threads that serve no purpose other than squabbling....

Yes it is pay to win because what I do in 70 hours a week only takes someone else 7 minutes with a swipe of a card. 

11 minutes ago, DeadlyAxeMan said:

Yes it is pay to win because what I do in 70 hours a week only takes someone else 7 minutes with a swipe of a card. 

So quit mmos and focus on fps games you play single play on your computer then.

As long as people can play togather there will be this "p2w" moment when one or more people will offer selling whatever thing the game offer to take an advantage/skip farming/etc.

Let's say this is WOW or any other famous game.Lets say it's expansion based too.

You have 20h a day to play but I don't.You don't have money at all but I do.I buy for you the next expansion of WOW or insert random name here and you pay me in gold.Gold you farmed for weeks or whatver and I used a "swipe of a card".Does it make any differencE?

1 hour ago, Teffy said:

So quit mmos and focus on fps games you play single play on your computer then.

As long as people can play togather there will be this "p2w" moment when one or more people will offer selling whatever thing the game offer to take an advantage/skip farming/etc.

Let's say this is WOW or any other famous game.Lets say it's expansion based too.

You have 20h a day to play but I don't.You don't have money at all but I do.I buy for you the next expansion of WOW or insert random name here and you pay me in gold.Gold you farmed for weeks or whatver and I used a "swipe of a card".Does it make any differencE?

I guess the difference people have about ''p2w'' elements, is that they feel cheated. If you invest time and effort into a game spending hours grinding for something, there's a certain pay-off that comes with it, while someone else can just 'swipe a card' and get it pretty much instantaneously. Then again, its your money you can do with what you want. But I think the original post was more about this event being just another cash-grab., and from a company 'milking-it', cause they can get away with it without doing ANY effort, or fixing or improving anything, 

My previous experiences regarding these rng boxes and yes China BnS had quite a number of them on their hongmoon store as well. China BnS rng boxes is quite honestly a huge gamble and majority of the time its just not worth buying them period then comparing to the Treasure Cove events. I also have zero desires of buying any rng boxes from this hongmoon store due to saving my ncoin for potential costume purchases later on which is actually two days from now this week.

In other words regarding these rng boxes. Its a tarp! but anyways I treat them as buy at your own risk imho.

1 hour ago, DeadlyAxeMan said:

Lol keep deluding yourself. thats not p2w. thats pay to progress faster. ANYTHING a swiper does, you can do. if you dont have the time? well thats your problem. im progressing pretty well considering i only play 20something hours a week. im just not like most of the dummies trying to be 600ap when thats over kill for the current content.

1 hour ago, Negaimu said:

LEARN WHAT P2W ACTUALLY MEANS FFS.

P2W F2P Games are games YOU CANNOT do well in no matter HOW MUCH you avoid spending money.  You can grind for 70 hours a week and STILL FAIL in a p2w F2p Game. Why? because those games 100% LOCK Necessary mechanics and items behind paywalls that you MUST PAY to progress. BNS IS NOT LIKE THAT!  

ANYTHING  of substance in that box can be obtained IN GAME WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY! Therefore bns is NOT P2W.... How many times does this have to be said? Are people just deluding themselves because they are jealous they cant pay to progress faster? God stop being salty cause you dont want / cant spend money on rng boxes. RNG boxes are NOT p2w. LEARN definitions before you make more threads that serve no purpose other than squabbling....

How i can get these gems in the game?If you can tell me how i can solo blackwyrm i would be glad to know it.

Your definition is way off.Who is gonna get the boxes in ssp the f2p or the one WHO pays and has allready 700ap?Who is gonna win in the NEW 6vs6 pvp the f2p or again the one WHO allready has 700ap.Stop kidding yourself,its p2w by a long shot.

Here is the end of me quoting you.Down are my general remarks on thread:

Now i dont mind where and how u spend your Money,but some ppl here start insulting the f2p players.You do know that without those players the population playing would be reduced by a lot lot?

If you are happy to spend you money,be my guest,woudnt it be better to make all things easier for all,so you yourself also woudnt had to spend all that money and spend less?Unless ur rly rly rich and you have a tree growing money on it.

Its easy to insult f2p players,when i had a job i would also spend money on games,where i live atm we have at least 50% unemployment rates,so before you start to insult ppl you dont know at all,go and think for 5sec before you post stuff.

Regarding those two gems that u could rarely get from those rng boxes, they are the hongmoon version of those gems that are upgradeable later on, not the ingame Blackwyrm gems. Here is the catch though since I have experience from playing the asian regions. There will be better endgame gems coming up later on when NA/EU will have another treasure cove event in the future then the ones we currently have. As of regarding if these rng boxes go into the dark path of ptw...I feel its more along the lines of pay to progress but at the same time if players luck goes bad then yeah this kind of rng box can either be a huge hit for u or a huge miss.

53 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

How i can get these gems in the game?If you can tell me how i can solo blackwyrm i would be glad to know it.

Your definition is way off.Who is gonna get the boxes in ssp the f2p or the one WHO pays and has allready 700ap?Who is gonna win in the NEW 6vs6 pvp the f2p or again the one WHO allready has 700ap.Stop kidding yourself,its p2w by a long shot.

Here is the end of me quoting you.Down are my general remarks on thread:

Now i dont mind where and how u spend your Money,but some ppl here start insulting the f2p players.You do know that without those players the population playing would be reduced by a lot lot?

If you are happy to spend you money,be my guest,woudnt it be better to make all things easier for all,so you yourself also woudnt had to spend all that money and spend less?Unless ur rly rly rich and you have a tree growing money on it.

Its easy to insult f2p players,when i had a job i would also spend money on games,where i live atm we have at least 50% unemployment rates,so before you start to insult ppl you dont know at all,go and think for 5sec before you post stuff.

Unh... i said essential items. Those gems? not essential.. at all. Na is just inflating their worth because na stupidly thinks AP = everything. if  you are over 500AP, then little chunks of ap on those gems do literally nothing to your dps. your crit dmg is all your dps. So no, those gems are NOT essential content. you do not need any of those gems to successfully do any current or future content. you can get a regular 200 ame easy, you can get a 1 crit or 2 crit ruby by transmute(easy rates), you can get a  drain citrine etc, and they server virtually the same purpose. all you are missing is slivers of AP on the flaweless versions which again do almost NOTHING to your dps.

Any essential item in those rng boxes or treasure trove, can be obtained by grinding. essential items are mats & such, not shiney gems that do almost nothing to your dps. its just NA stroking their Epeen and needs the BIS stuff even if the bis stuff is only 2% better than the tier under it lol...

the flawless gems arent essential. the mats are. and you can farm them.

Lol keep deluding yourself. thats not p2w. thats pay to progress faster. ANYTHING a swiper does, you can do. if you dont have the time? well thats your problem. im progressing pretty well considering i only play 20something hours a week. im just not like most of the dummies trying to be 600ap when thats over kill for the current content.

That's part-time job status right there. 20 hours a week was fun in Battlefield and many other games that I've played. In this it's mostly 20 hours of grind if you're not leveling. This game is so much more an obsession than a leisure activity.

I'm more upset that there are outfits locked behind both a paywall AND RNG. I can deal with one or the other, but not both. It sucked when the Trove did it, and it sucks now. NCWest, you would have gotten my dollars had you just let Spring Breeze and the Red Gangplank be purchasable in the shop and let the RNG boxes contain the in-game stuff. The Trove event burned me too hard to spend another dime on something that's just a "chance", though, so now you get nothing.

45 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

That's part-time job status right there. 20 hours a week was fun in Battlefield and many other games that I've played. In this it's mostly 20 hours of grind if you're not leveling. This game is so much more an obsession than a leisure activity.

Not really lol. it depends on your definition of fun. I play pve & pvp.. so no im not just soullessly grinding for 20 hrs a week. I enjoy bns and i gear at a moderate rate. the game is in no way a job to me.

I understand what both sides are saying but at the end of the day we should support the games that we play and enjoy and stop raging when they do these events.

I prescribe monthly and I pay for costumes with ncoin and i see no problem with it.

If u can afford it, then do it, if u can't, stop raging at people that can and calling it p2w.

Also maybe they are doing this to help people that can't grind 24/7 to catch up and don't feel too far behind and end up quitting. Do u think about that?

RNG boxes, whatever; I'm just absolutely livid that THIS is the 'help with gear progression' that staff is giving us. An excuse bullshat to the extreme for quick buck making, and obviously there were far better options to ACTUALLY help people in gear progression without having to be a wallet warrior.

Lower mat count or costs, add mats to heroic daily drops or rewards, etc.

Hell, add these boxes as a chance to drop from heroic bosses if you're that bent on keeping them.

Not really lol. it depends on your definition of fun. I play pve & pvp.. so no im not just soullessly grinding for 20 hrs a week. I enjoy bns and i gear at a moderate rate. the game is in no way a job to me.

Well you at least have PvP to break it up, but outside of leveling new characters or if you're in a great group with players over voice so that it's hanging out first and the grind is just in the background I just don't see how anyone could continue playing this game long term. If you play casually you just can't reasonably keep up, even more so if you actually want to enjoy your alts.  Even Vindictus isn't as bad when it comes to having multiple viable alts in terms of decent gear, though both do end up  in the "pay or no-life" category when it comes to really maxing out at end game.

Still, this game's current population shows exactly what the majority  think of the state of the game, and that's what really matters.

11 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

Well you at least have PvP to break it up, but outside of leveling new characters or if you're in a great group with players over voice so that it's hanging out first and the grind is just in the background I just don't see how anyone could continue playing this game long term. If you play casually you just can't reasonably keep up, even more so if you actually want to enjoy your alts.  Even Vindictus isn't as bad when it comes to having multiple viable alts in terms of decent gear, though both do end up  in the "pay or no-life" category when it comes to really maxing out at end game.

Still, this game's current population shows exactly what the majority  think of the state of the game, and that's what really matters.

you have numbers of the current population? also fyi its 2016. NO GAME retains  vast majority of its over hyped install base. so many people pickup new games off of pure hype then drop them in weeks. its just how the climate is now. its insanely rare for a game to release get millions and retain millions forever. it just doesnt happen anymore unless its a magical accident or a hit. There are too many options & distractions in entertainment now. BNS is a great game and i never see a lack of people around . maybe your server is dead lol but mushin is bustling at all times of the day & night.

Again the game just isnt for you if you cant imagine how people keep playing it if its such a grind. bns has only grown & become more profitable over the years in all of its regions. so that says its a fun game enough for lots of people to stick to it. Even tons of people that spent years on tw or jp or cn then started all over on NA lol. bns is good. and it will stay populated & successful. sure it could be better, but id rather have this bns than no bns. thats what it comes down to.

if the game isnt for you thats fine. no ones forcing you to stay : P just play the game you think is worth spending your time on.

9 hours ago, KriMzOn said:

leave now please. you don't want to support the game right? another free loader. did the game offer those items just in boxes?? if you want to grind for those items that's your choice right? this is like the 3rd or 4th iteration of boxes, why are you still here?

If i leave ,I leave for own personal reasons -not for a stranger that tells me to do it .No you can't control my wallet,and i'd support the game more (as i say i have sub) if the game would support its own customers.I have my standards for the quality of service i recieve,thats all ,and a good mentality that tells me when to spend and for what to spend my own moneys.I'm still here for the fun if i can get it -I consider myself a very supportive player who already had enough of the problems that the game encounters atm.

I don't give a dime for the persons that tells me to leave ,taking no one 's reasons in consideration while they are not argumented in a polite way and constructive.

For me,you are nothing then a skilled wallet stunner that wants to buy some more advantages instead to play the game as many others . Any MMORPG involves grinding and farming for items ,sometimes years .Probably you are the one floating in a wring boat?:)

Have fun opening the boxes .Is all you can do to progress!

Archived