Really? More p2w?

i opened 60 and got nothing better than 100 moonstones...i think that is close to 100$ and with 100$ people can prob get like 700g or so from those advertised gold websites...NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE DOES(Might be a scam) but why wouldn't people just take the chance buying gold instead?..it would be a gamble anyways...

to me it just seems NCSoft is desperate for funds so they're adding rigged or very low chance lotteries to get shit loads of money from it without giving people shit for spending that much money

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All game company objective is to make money.

f2p is just a marketing strategy. 

many people keep saying they going to quit if it's p2w but more players joined everyday, so what is the point?

Game company is not philanthropist.

If they want to gamble, let them gamble if that's what makes them happy. I really don't see a problem here. Does it hurt that someone has that much money to burn? Personally I don't give a cricket.

1 minute ago, Nattia said:

oh, first time I see these boxes, this has been implemented today? I couldn't care less how people spend their money, why would anyone?

When you play really well say a normal hours to get your items well and when I say well are perhaps weapon awakened scorpion and then comes an event like this and you do not tending how to pay ncoin What can you feel knowing that you will cost a lot to do this and others with its clear money (P2W) do so in a matter of minutes I think this is already doing very far in the first Livestreams said the market model of this game would be based outfit and accesories but it seems it was not true

and talking about these random boxes that I can say? and not think the game needs to fix with bots, hackers and goldsellers and they put more things in the hongmoon shop? knowing they are doing P2W, pay for progress is the same whatever you pay to have something in the game but that something is one thing that a normal player is getting weeks

Just now, Guinte said:

When you play really well say a normal hours to get your items well and when I say well are perhaps weapon awakened scorpion and then comes an event like this and you do not tending how to pay ncoin What can you feel knowing that you will cost a lot to do this and others with its clear money (P2W) do so in a matter of minutes I think this is already doing very far in the first Livestreams said the market model of this game would be based outfit and accesories but it seems it was not true

and talking about these random boxes that I can say? and not think the game needs to fix with bots, hackers and goldsellers and they put more things in the hongmoon shop? knowing they are doing P2W, pay for progress is the same whatever you pay to have something in the game but that something is one thing that a normal player is getting weeks

why do you care about what someone else has? This is pure human nature don't "we" just hate it when someone is in better circumstances than "us"?

Well once World of Warcraft Legion comes out.

Probably hand full of people like me will move to World of Warcraft.

This game has current 0 content except for a endless grind and upgrading you're gear always.

I don't except any good MMO to release this decade any way so might just throw in towel just play games on my library on Steam   

I think it is less of a problem that they are selling these and more of a problem that they are so damn expensive. I can deal with rng when the prices aren't ludicrous, but on Taiwan I could get 58 (50+8 bonus boxes) boxes in a bundle for 1450 ncoin, and I generally got a ton of good stuff from them. 1450 ncoin on TW is about $43, and that is with the markup from buying the ncoin cards from the middleman I use, offgamer. I even double checked current prices of both ncoin and boxes for TW as I am writing this post, so they are as current as they can be. One box on NA is exactly $1.50 so 58 * 1.5 = $87. Yes, the boxes are DOUBLE the price.

Adding to that,  you may be paying $1.50 and get nothing more than a key and an unseal charm, seeing as those are the only guaranteed drops. Keep in mind that other than frozen stingers, which are very cheap now on TW at about 25s each, the majority of our weapon upgrade materials are around the same prices, if not cheaper.  While I do not know too much about JP or CN prices, I know that the Korea server prices are even cheaper than Taiwan's, although that is likely thanks in part to it being pay to play.  

This is ridiculous, and the fact that they are trying to pass this off as $1.50 being a "discount for the next couple weeks" is honestly just giving a big "*cricket* you" to the western player-base so they can make the biggest cash grab possible off of those gullible enough spend a ton of money on grossly overpriced rng boxes, that don't even have anywhere near good enough rng to justify those prices.

14 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Bought 30. Got 100 moonstones, 100 stingers, 300 soulstones and a flawless Amethyst.  RNG boxes FTW.

The salty tears of people crying p2w taste sooooooo sweet.

You can thank me for supporting the game so you can play for free.  Don't blame me because I have a good job and have disposable income.  

I'm willing to bet you people crying are Bernie supporters and want everything given to you for free. Amirite?

I don't care about them being p2w, I just think they are way too overpriced. Millionaires don't stay millionaires by spending their money frivolously on things that cost more than they should by a large margin, so it's not really a issue of having disposable income or not in my opinion. And I am almost rank 10 premium, so I have definitely given them plenty of support and don't expect everything for free.

jQSPhGH.png

21 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Bought 30. Got 100 moonstones, 100 stingers, 300 soulstones and a flawless Amethyst.  RNG boxes FTW.

You can thank me for supporting the game so you can play for free.  Don't blame me because I have a good job and have disposable income.  

I'm willing to bet you people crying are Bernie supporters and want everything given to you for free. Amirite?

you've been blessed by rng, that's all :D I've finished my spending on rng stuff, I have bad luck anyway xD always nice to see what others have been getting even if I can never get there, lol.

3 hours ago, Fael said:

You're jocking but that's the excuse Babbletr0n managed to give on Twitter XD

Hmm, can anyone tell me what happens on May 11 update? I am not seeing anything on official site. Apology in advance if it has been asked/answered.

Yep they want to get more players to higher AP help the community out by p2w events, yet they could cut the upgrade cost and materials in 1/2 to help players out. Do they do that nope they want to charge you money rofl. Here is a thought if they really wanted to have a p2w even why not just sell legendary weapons in the cash shop quit wasting people time with bullshit events? Would I myself buy one from the cash shop?
 Not on your life I will not support this game in any way shape or from through cash grabs. I don't sub I wont sub and  I have been through the games ncsoft plays when it comes to cash grabs (played AION for almost 2 years) I know them I know the crap they pull. How come no one every bitches that they don't actually post the win percentages on items when it comes to a event and treasure boxes. ya know they all little blue yellow and purple tabs that are clearly visible on the boxes when you hover over them? Well they actually put some percentage numbers in their to tell you what kind of chance at winning said item is? Nope and its because they don't want you to know the actual percentage is 1 in 1000 or more so they get you to buy more and more boxes.

I don't have a problem with p2w players if they want to throw money away that's their business and its ncsofts business to get that money. But my purse is close to not because I don't have it but because of glaring issues in the game they will not address.

First off they allow bots even reporting bots sending in videos time and time again bots are still allowed to be in the game wouldn't you guess I am sure that you can figure out where all the bots come from.

Second if you sub you can hack cheat buy and sell gold and you do not loose your accounts lots of bots have been reported time and time again and lets not talk about the hacking as well as rmt that runs unchecked in bot and script because if they sub many who use stolen credit cards they are still running around in the game.

Third when you force pvp players to pve and pve players to pvp you *cricket* a lot of people off. Question why isn't pve and pvp gear separated in this game is in every other ncsoft game why not this one. Well for 1 pvp isn't what draws people to blade and soul its the story line not pvp, their I said it pvp don't mean shit to 65% of the players in the game. Most do it to upgrade or make money but even that's been killed because yet again hacks and bots in PVP. Find it rather sad that the top leader boards for the longest times were nothing but bots sums and destroyers with resist hacks. Now players get to deal with blink hacks on top of that.

Forth the spam I ignore friends request I have all chat turned off because I just don't want to waste my time reporting the spam over and over and over. With no active G.M's in the game the issue is not going to magically fix its self over night, NCsoft has to be proactive in the fight against them and they are not.

40 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Cool shit, chill though, your insecurities are showing. Anyways yeah supporting the game, gotcha.

I'm sure the legions of bots are grateful. In a few months when all that's left are bots and haxors I'm sure you'll have loads of fun showing off your new gear to them.

One thing though, you won't be able to kick them cause they have low AP. But on the brightside, you can carry them with your uber credit card bought AP gear.

Amirite?

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

50 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Begging your mother in tears for her CC doesn't count as a good job. How about some real work like delivering newspaper after your middle school classes are over?

Think-refusers like you don't even bother to understand other opinions and rather throw fancy generalisations in the room like "you people *blablabla* want everything for free. *bla*" Seriously, take your middle school classes more serious, especially reading comprehension.

I mean the people how buy these chests i feel to said for them. 

That they believe by buying there way out makes them a better player

I give you a example my Guild master. 

purchased keys form the last event got his AP up to 550 AP never done any 4m dungeons or played the game :)

And the average people how have a decent or High AP have no clue what there doing in general like FM's and Summoners never use there CD.

When you ask them when there going to use it. 

They don't reply at all and just pull the boss and we wipe most of the time.

Most of these people with Master Credit card skills refuse to play games like Wow because the graphic's are awful only comment they come up with.

At least when decide to be a *cricket* or no skill noobs get kickt form the Raid and guild :).

Gratz spending all you're money a game that no content to offer except for some PVP ^^

33 minutes ago, Ryuukishi said:

Begging your mother in tears for her CC doesn't count as a good job. How about some real work like delivering newspaper after your middle school classes are over?

Think-refusers like you don't even bother to understand other opinions and rather throw fancy generalisations in the room like "you people *blablabla* want everything for free. *bla*" Seriously, take your middle school classes more serious, especially reading comprehension.

Son, I haven't had to get money from my parents for quite a long time. You expect me to feel bad because I have the money to spend on a game and not think twice about it? A game is entertainment. People spend money on entertainment everyday. 

52 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Cool shit, chill though, your insecurities are showing. Anyways yeah supporting the game, gotcha.

I'm sure the legions of bots are grateful. In a few months when all that's left are bots and haxors I'm sure you'll have loads of fun showing off your new gear to them.

One thing though, you won't be able to kick them cause they have low AP. But on the brightside, you can carry them with your uber credit card bought AP gear.

Amirite?

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

Who cares if this game goes belly up in a few months.  Do you ever spend money drinking? smoke?  Goto a movie or anything else for entertainment?  Say you go out drinking for a night and spend $50. Guess what, you get to enjoy that $50 worth of alcohol for what, maybe a few hours?  I get to enjoy my entertainment spending for quite a bit longer than a few hours.

I find it funny people whine about what others spend their money on. Is it because they are jealous and can't do the same thing?

It's not p2w it's scam-boxes.

Spent 20$ and got charms\keys\~40ss\few moonstones and 1 silverfrost key. Bravo.

In past i make same mistake and spent 20$ on trash trove event, get nothing, absolute nothing.

If you want to spent some $ on this game, never ever participate in this gambling rng s**t.

Better to buy gold from hongmoon shop.

3 hours ago, Dray0s said:

<snip>

Just because every other game does it, does it make any less  of a money grab strategy? If this only occurs once a season of longer than that time spam, what is the harm in humoring ourselves and the game we love? Not that @Tupac Shakur had to sound bitter about, as one has the right to spend his/her money however they like, when they've earn it legally. Sure other game offer similar/same things, but at what rate? Is it like very 2 weeks? Or does other game does it when holidays arrive?

We just went though the same thing with treasure trove. True, the items are not the same. But also true that items that can potentially be obtained will drastically affect players progress in game.

I'll admit I will spend ncoins on these chests myself just to try and get lucky (excessive gambling is bad for you). But just treasure trove I can tell myself that it is a way to catch up on my gears. A repeat performance just leave a bad taste in your mouth. On top of this, we see no announcement from the website. We get it when they offer new outfits in store don't we? By logic, why didn't NC announce these chests?

They got a taste with the trove event and now they want a repeat and boost their earnings in May. Yes the choice is on us, to buy it or not. But the fact as players we are seeing NC putting efforts in money grabbing events like this, instead of actual improvements/optimization of the game. Essentially those who participates (myself included) are afraid we are enabling them to slack off on actually improving the game base on players' beneficial suggestions. For many issues still persists since launch till today.

I don't get it.

P2 what? Moonstones yestarday hit 4 gold tag in EU,and thats crazy.I refuse to farm SSP(I'm FM and I have 630 AP/40 FPS in SSP)as it's just bullshit spending 30 min for 3 ogre boxes and maybe 2-3 chances to get a key but usually u end up in best case with couple of them.Too much rng this SSP.

So now due to boxes MS dropped to 3g and i'm very happy about it.

Gems was in AH the moment people get pass awaken infernal and started farming BW.They will be there in the future too.I can simply buy ncoins and sell stuff to people(which I did already many times) and buy what I need.But I'm aware most are not like me and they can't afford to blown 500-2k euro or dollars per month if they feel like doing it and actually this is helping them a lot.Prices are going down and the materials needed will be more accessible by the non paying comunity.It's a win-win.

Did I`ll sell people 90 days premiums or other junks / buy gold from CTRL +C  or buy rng boxes and sell the materials in broker...in both cases I`ll earn the desired amount of gold I'm aiming at.

I was selling subs in P2P games without cash shop and I was always top geared and I`ll always be because I CAN.Deal with it.

LEARN WHAT P2W ACTUALLY MEANS FFS.

P2W F2P Games are games YOU CANNOT do well in no matter HOW MUCH you avoid spending money.  You can grind for 70 hours a week and STILL FAIL in a p2w F2p Game. Why? because those games 100% LOCK Necessary mechanics and items behind paywalls that you MUST PAY to progress. BNS IS NOT LIKE THAT!  

ANYTHING  of substance in that box can be obtained IN GAME WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY! Therefore bns is NOT P2W.... How many times does this have to be said? Are people just deluding themselves because they are jealous they cant pay to progress faster? God stop being salty cause you dont want / cant spend money on rng boxes. RNG boxes are NOT p2w. LEARN definitions before you make more threads that serve no purpose other than squabbling....

Archived