BnS and Lineage 2 sharing the same servers?

Kenshin

I noticed that both games get the same maintenance times and duration. 

i 1st noticed that when we got a morning till late afternoon (EU) last BnS update BUT that day there was a Lineage 2 server merge.

The 1st BnS "expansion" suppossed to be much bigger than adding 2 dungeons and some items (shattered empire update) lasted way less. No lineage 2 changes happended back then so we got normal maintenance duration.

Today Lineage 2 gets an 8 hour duration maintenance to conclude the 12th unniversary so BnS gets an 8h duration as well for no actual reason and changing the "path" of weapon progression isnt something that would last that much cause files are already created before the maintenance and just getting added today.

Where i want to conclude is that if that is the case we got spot in server already in use and and also ended up with coming 2nd in line to get a good gaming exp.

That would explain the OW lags/arena lags and randon f8,f5 and f9 crashes and even the Lameguard problem setting it to "protect" 2 games instead of one prioritising Lineage 2 (more ppl-more income)

A MOD-GM answering this would be great.

2 minutes ago, Kenshin said:

I noticed that both games get the same maintenance times and duration. 

i 1st noticed that when we got a morning till late afternoon (EU) last BnS update BUT that day there was a Lineage 2 server merge.

The 1st BnS "expansion" suppossed to be much bigger than adding 2 dungeons and some items (shattered empire update) lasted way less. No lineage 2 changes happended back then so we got normal maintenance duration.

Today Lineage 2 gets an 8 hour duration maintenance to conclude the 12th universary so BnS gets an 8h duration as well for no actual reason and changing the "path" of weapon progression isnt something that would last that much cause files are already created before the maintenance and just getting added today.

Where i want to conclude is that if that is the case we got spot in server already in use and and also ended up with coming 2nd in line to get a good gaming exp.

That would explain the OW lags/arena lags and randon f8,f5 and f9 crashes and even the Lameguard problem setting it to "protect" 2 games instead of one prioritising Lineage 2 (more ppl-more income)

A MOD-GM answering this would be great.

BnS isn't getting any changes on weapon progression path today, it will be done at 1st June, and will be an large update, more content will be added.

And today's maintenance isn't exactly BnS maintenance, they said on French Forum that it's a NcSoft Platform maintenance that affects BnS, thats why the game is down during this period, so does Lineage II.

• NCSOFT

Hey Kenshin,

Blade & Soul and Lineage 2 (in North America) aren't sharing the same game servers. However both games are dependent of the NCSOFT Platform. Aion (North America) and WildStar are also dependent. Lots of things are going on during Wednesday maintenances and not everything always directly relate to Blade & Soul. Our Operation Team take that opportunity to proceed with numerous routines updates and fixes during the maintenance window. These updates are of various nature, ranging from Database maintenance, to software security updates, etc.

Game updates may also be deployed, but not always and not for all games (i.e. no visible in-game changes are expected today for Blade & Soul). Changes to in-game content are only the visible part of the iceberg; there are lot of things going on in the shadows. We also sometime make changes that are "invisible" to the end-user and then get triggered at a later date. This also explains why maintenances are sometime long despite some products seeing little to no changes.

We completely understand the impact these maintenances have on our players and our goal is always to keep service disruption to a minimum. We are also aware that European players see themselves way more impacted by maintenances as they often occur in the middle of the day in Europe. Our teams are still looking at the possibility of splitting the NCSOFT Platform in two, North America and Europe which would then enable us to run maintenances at two different timeframe and thus drastically reduce the amount of players impacted by maintenances (some players will always be impacted regardless). However this is a long term project and due to the complexity of that task, such a change will not happen any time soon.

3 hours ago, Youmukon said:

We completely understand the impact these maintenances have on our players and our goal is always to keep service disruption to a minimum. We are also aware that European players see themselves way more impacted by maintenances as they often occur in the middle of the day in Europe. Our teams are still looking at the possibility of splitting the NCSOFT Platform in two, North America and Europe which would then enable us to run maintenances at two different timeframe and thus drastically reduce the amount of players impacted by maintenances (some players will always be impacted regardless). However this is a long term project and due to the complexity of that task, such a change will not happen any time soon.

"we dont just see it" We're impacted more by maintenance times and that is a FACT. Hard to understand that? Its FACT that every freaking maintenance hits EU prime time and top of that after first big patch was it bloodshade harbor? Ncsoft told us that from this point they would have lower downtime on maintenances. Quess what that was pure bullshit. Maintenance times has kept increasing all the time + few hours extensions for screwing things up top of that theres no point of trusting Ncsoft for doing what is right which is giving EU players their own maintenance times.

For few months you guys have been saying that "we look into it" and no solution or anything done to it. Instead of giving excuses and make up stuff that you cant hold on how about just for once say "*cricket* europeans we have no plans of making maintenance times this time because you guys are not worth it". Atleast then we would know the truth

WE're living in 2016 which means these things are BASICS and should have been figured out before even releasing BETA which you guys did not do. European players are paying +15% more than Na players if they wish to spent cash to NCsoft (which i dont recommend anyone from EU doing so till we get fair treatment) and in every turn we're the ones who suffer from these maintenance times. Yesterday i was able to play 30mins because of shitty maintenance times and today im not able to play at all. So 2 days wasted from my premium + every other time when we had maintenance at middle of day / evening with your extensions.

Also how about dont sell 30 days premium memberships to EU players because we're not able to play use that 30 days because of this retarded arrangement. Last month alone i lost 3-4 days worth of premium because maintenance times hit prime time in EU. So yeah great job indeed.

Archived