Is this some kind of sick joke?

9 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

"BnS isn't eSport-able". Stop reading there.

World tournament says hello to you.

cya.

Well sorry, but it isn't. eSport as competitive gaming presupposes an equal standing of both opponents. The counter-class-system is already a joke, though still somewhat acceptable. Having different amounts of skillpoints and/or locked skills which the other party may be able to use is discrimination and distributes yourself with a higher standing than your opponent. Now that isn't competitive at all and the reason why BnS isn't eSport-able. I have absolutely no idea how these tournaments work though. If they distribute characters with lv. 50 HM 15 and unlocked skills, then fine, else... Well, not competitive anymore. Do you get the point now?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Well sorry, but it isn't. eSport as competitive gaming presupposes an equal standing of both opponents. The counter-class-system is already a joke, though still somewhat acceptable. Having different amounts of skillpoints and/or locked skills which the other party may be able to use is discrimination and distributes yourself with a higher standing than your opponent. Now that isn't competitive at all and the reason why BnS isn't eSport-able. I have absolutely no idea how these tournaments work though. If they distribute characters with lv. 50 HM 15 and unlocked skills, then fine, else... Well, not competitive anymore. Do you get the point now?

Yes, i understand your point.

I have one question: Have you played on another region or so? idk why some ppl mention this "counter-class-system"(u not the first person i see mention it, even my guild mates does so), and tbh, the only class that can be really countered right now(in my opinion) is Summoner, when u learn to fight it, it turns into an easy fight.

On the other hand, every class can beat every class(except summoners, they're weak on Lv50 path).

I think the problem with this "counter-system" here is that, many ppl that do arena don't even learned how to fight others classes, the ones u always see on top of rank are the ones comming from others regions that has alot of knowledge of the game already and make fun of those that don't.

Not sure but on top 30 NA there has more sum than any other class.

If u check TOP 100 KR, u barely can see 6 of them...Thats why i said the problem is that "people didnt learn how to fight agains't some classes" and says there has a counter-system that i totally disagree, except for the summoner, this class can rly be countered.

p.s: I went out of the main topic, but thats it what i think.

So we get an event with discounted costs... but... how does this affect future players once the event is over?

It's gonna be like "la-la-la..." and then you end up standing in front of Mount Everest. :P

And about the May 11:th update, will we no longer lose gem sockets when evolving weapons?

43 minutes ago, ander01se said:

So we get an event with discounted costs... but... how does this affect future players once the event is over?

It's gonna be like "la-la-la..." and then you end up standing in front of Mount Everest. :P

And about the May 11:th update, will we no longer lose gem sockets when evolving weapons?

The point on this event is, if u know in the near future u'll have an event that will gives u a discount of 10% to 40% on upgrade costs, u can simple gather materials and keep then, so when the event is up, do the upgrades, just hold on a bit, thats what i'm gona do... Right now i'm ready to go for True Breeze Weapon / Awakened Oathbreak Acessories(already have Belt and Bracelet), after this announcement, i'll upgrade only Necklace, Earring and Ring as the event won't affect it, only Weapon upgrades, and will hold on the weapon, till there i probably will have enough to make 2 upgrades(maybe 3) on it.

About future players, i think NcSoft will think a way to help them out just like in Taiwan, it's not so hard to new players to reach Awakened Breeze/Oath Accessories, they give u alot of things on Survey when u Lvl up.

Yeah, after May 11, we no longer lose gem socket when evolving if u have unlocked it using Gem Hammer.

28 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

The point on this event is, if u know in the near future u'll have an event that will gives u a discount of 10% to 40% on upgrade costs, u can simple gather materials and keep then, so when the event is up, do the upgrades, just hold on a bit, thats what i'm gona do... Right now i'm ready to go for True Breeze Weapon / Awakened Oathbreak Acessories(already have Belt and Bracelet), after this announcement, i'll upgrade only Necklace, Earring and Ring as the event won't affect it, only Weapon upgrades, and will hold on the weapon, till there i probably will have enough to make 2 upgrades(maybe 3) on it.

About future players, i think NcSoft will think a way to help them out just like in Taiwan, it's not so hard to new players to reach Awakened Breeze/Oath Accessories, they give u alot of things on Survey when u Lvl up.

Yeah, after May 11, we no longer lose gem socket when evolving if u have unlocked it using Gem Hammer.

Nice, might be worth investing in some for that 4th gem slot then. 

3 hours ago, TigerKFM said:

INB4 the people that rushed wants a discount or something free to reimburse them for rushing to scorpio and want half their mats back or something...

I know it's gonna happen.

it's already happening in facebook comments. I laughed out loud today :D i'm at true breeze st. 10 myself and I'm happy for the event, more people to play with in heroic dungeons. :) why can't we be happy for others...

9 hours ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Well, just FYI, yes, they set everyone in the tournament to HM 15 with all skills unlocked (except the unreleased ones, obviously). 

58 minutes ago, Nattia said:

it's already happening in facebook comments. I laughed out loud today :D i'm at true breeze st. 10 myself and I'm happy for the event, more people to play with in heroic dungeons. :) why can't we be happy for others...

Link plox! *Grabs popcorn*

Retiring the siren/pirate path is a bad idea. Oathbreaker path is still expensive (which was why I chose the siren/pirate path even after the Silverfrost content came out weeks ago, and I will probably make the same choice now). Although the other regions removed the siren/pirate path when Silverfrost came out, they (supposedly) had it for 2 years compared to 3 months with NA. 2 years gave even the casuals time to farm endgame content, but that isn't/wasn't the case for us.

If new content keeps rolling out, and at the same time unachievable for casual players due to obscene upgrade costs and whatnot, it'll be a rough run for not only the casuals, since they'll be quitting, but also for the hardcore players, since they'll have no one to play with. I know this sounds really negative, but it's just what I'm feeling.

GREAT JOB, since more mats we need to update with new path, so u remove the old one, more FARM for new @undergear players.

I feel  this just gonna more and more close to CN server, NO MONEY? LEAVE WHEN U FINISH ALL MAIN QUESTS!

19 hours ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

f15db678e7.png

Would this event revolve around killing some type of boss like the Grand Harvest Raid?  If it's like the Grand Harvest Raid bosses or the Soul Stone Plain bosses then all I can see is lag.  It would not benefit people who play melee and people with low AP because geared ranged players will just kill these things so fast that you have zero chance of getting any credit for participation which would totally defeat the purpose of said event.  Such an event would only benefit those who are already geared.  In a sense, participation is totally free but getting credit for participating would require monetary investment to gear up.

If the event currency is part of the reward for the daily challenge then I hardly see how that would be helpful at all as low AP people like myself can't hope to complete the daily challenge with requirements like completing the Lv50 elite dungeons.  Again, I fail to see how this would help people with low AP to gear up at all.  Only people who are already geared would benefit.

On 05/05/2016 at 4:36 AM, Lalilulelo said:

Only people who are already geared would benefit.

Yeah it will only further widen the gap in AP between those that can and those who try to. As will removal of Pirate, people still need to run the old stuff to upgrade accessories so their reasoning of wanting people doing lvl 50 content holds no grounds.

On 5/4/2016 at 6:01 AM, KhaosThanathan said:

Well, the eSport-argument is bullshit. They simply could fully equalize Arena instead of being half-assed about it. Having different amounts of skillpoints and/or missing HM-skills is a discrimination, because that way, skill isn't the only match-deciding factor. That stupid counter-class-system which they imported from Aion is already far to ridiculous. As long as there's discrimination regarding HM-skills and skillpoints, BnS isn't eSport-able anyway.

That way "catching up" with content because of eSport-tournaments is nonsense. They could simply distribute us with a second Arena-skill-tab in which every skill is unlocked and in which we have as much skillpoints as 50 HM 15 gives us.

The only reason for that fast patch-speed is probably cash-grab. There are far to many hardcore-cashers anyway. They even do gear-gating. Just compare our bosses HP with that of other regions (i.e. Yeti). Even No-Lifers can't keep up with hardcore-cashers anymore, which is just ridiculous.

So yeah, go figure...

I agree... BnS and esport don't even belong in the same sentence. Really, this is just an elaborate dress up game with some sort of halfassed pvp/pvx in addition to the one-dimensional pve content.

Archived