Forums

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Please tell me this is a joke.  You're actually retiring the pirate path because "hurrdurr you have to farm old dungeons"?  Please tell me you're *cricket*ing kidding me -.-

NCSoft, do you

• play this game at all?
  • actually give a single shit about players?
  • remember that this game is f2p?
  • plan on releasing soul fighter before you pull this shit?

Removing the pirate path for weapons ends up doing *cricket* all to help anyone because we still have to go back to those dungeons to grind out our accessories anyway which have an even lower drop rate than weapons.  Let's face it, with awakened infernal crap you're not going anywhere in endgame.

Unless you're planning to make this event permanent or frequently reoccurring, not only are you *cricket*ing people with alts (yay need to rush another pirate weapon) and those who prepped for soul fighter, but you're *cricket*ing new potential players that have yet to start playing. up to oathbreaker its pretty easy then true oath and beyond skyrocket to prices just not feasible for newcomers.  Hackers dominating SSP makes getting soul and moon stones really difficult (for pve players) and silverfrost trans stones are 3 times the price of moonwater stones.  This is the NA version, we neither want to do nor have the time to grind so much

Over the last few months we’ve been collecting your feedback on weapon upgrade paths and costs, as well as looking at data on how well players are progressing.

Sorry but i have to call bull *cricket*ing shit.  People like me who can't grind all day or swipe are still sitting at true pirate/siren accessories.  Also i challenge you to find any significant amount (or any amount for that matter) of people who are un-ironically supportive of this change

Once again NCSoft you are thinking only how to squeeze as much money out of this game as possible before it dies, rather than making changes to help this game flourish in the long term.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell me this is a joke.  You're actually retiring the pirate path because "hurrdurr you have to farm old dungeons"?  Please tell me you're *cricket*ing kidding me -.-   NCSoft, do you

To be honest, I think other regions took out the siren/pirate path as level cap was increased to 50. Think they were nice enough to let us have siren/pirate path for as long as it lasted. An

people dont understand YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AT THE GEAR CAP to play current content! for example yeti is EASILY BEATABLE in 6 man if every has ast least 440AP. all the people that were asking for nea

The single reason why I can never play an alt. Keeping a 600+ char is already quite expensive. Trying for a second or third, quite insane. I'm not sure where they got the idea that we'd prefer the Oathbreaker route. Extremely gold inefficient not to mention you won't be getting that skill damage amplification bonus. Quite sad =/

To be honest, I think other regions took out the siren/pirate path as level cap was increased to 50.

Think they were nice enough to let us have siren/pirate path for as long as it lasted.

And wow 600+ char >_> I play 2 char an assassin (my main) and a FM (farm SSP). neither even 550.

If anything, this got me excited. I mean everyone with a true pirate gets a free true breeze instead, what more do you want? Also the first few iterations of the silverfrost weapon isnt that expensive either. A lot of players chose oathbreaker from thr begining and i never heard any of them complain. 

3 minutes ago, Mucski said:

If anything, this got me excited. I mean everyone with a true pirate gets a free true breeze instead, what more do you want? Also the first few iterations of the silverfrost weapon isnt that expensive either. A lot of players chose oathbreaker from thr begining and i never heard any of them complain. 

True Breeze isn't free. There was a twitter post from Babbletr0n on that matter.

a06816b114.png

Sorry for double post but this forum is so buggy i can't quote people properly.  Yeah i forgot to mention that with oathbreaker path you don't get  the skill until true breeze which costs an extra 200+ gold on that path.

1 minute ago, Mucski said:

Are you sure the post means we're getting true breeze just for having true pirate?  what I gathered was that they were simply stating that the path stays the same.  is there any other confirmation of this?

9 minutes ago, Syanonn said:

To be honest, I think other regions took out the siren/pirate path as level cap was increased to 50.

Think they were nice enough to let us have siren/pirate path for as long as it lasted.

And wow 600+ char >_> I play 2 char an assassin (my main) and a FM (farm SSP). neither even 550.

Yes, they were being nice. Also this event that is coming that will reduce upgrade cost between 10% and 40% should be quite helpful in offsetting the additional cost of the new path. 

I main bm 596 ap and have a fm alt that is at 480 ap, if I had it to do over again I would have skipped the pirate path due to the extra time needed to save that gold vs how much gold she would have earned in relevant content with the limited time I play her. 

Just now, Mucski said:

All path will get the next iteration in silverfrost path. Says right there. True siren will get true oathbreaker .. For some reason and true pirate will get true breeze instead. Also upgrading from true siren to true pirate is about 200 gold too .. Especially with nowadays inflated prices in the market and 500 ap requirements to farm anything on your own.

a06816b114.png

awakened breeze to true breeze is ~1200g btw

Edited by TheRockmanEXE
1 minute ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

Sorry for double post but this forum is so buggy i can't quote people properly.  Yeah i forgot to mention that with oathbreaker path you don't get  the skill until true breeze which costs an extra 200+ gold on that path.

Are you sure the post means we're getting true breeze just for having true pirate?  what I gathered was that they were simply stating that the path stays the same.  is there any other confirmation of this?

All path will get the next iteration in silverfrost path. Says right there. True siren will get true oathbreaker .. For some reason and true pirate will get true breeze instead. Also upgrading from true siren to true pirate is about 200 gold too .. Especially with nowadays inflated prices in the market and 500 ap requirements to farm anything on your own.

3 minutes ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

a06816b114.png

I wont believe that. Regardless i don't, what happens happens, if it made the rest of the regions thriwe after this i am sure we wont die cause of it either

10 minutes ago, TheRockmanEXE said:

Just wait when you get True Breeze and you need to do Aw. Scorpio. Humans will quit on that point, only 24/7 farm machines and cash shoppers will stay.

Edited by KzE
3 minutes ago, KzE said:

Just wait when you get True Breeze and you need to do Aw. Scorpio. Humans will quit on that point, only 24/7 farm machines and cash shoppers will stay.

yea its bad.  i'm not looking forward to past breeze.  at least my breeze will last me a while.

this is gonna end bad  yea sure u discount the amount of MATS and cost but then the MATS will skyrocket probly doubling in price there for doesnt change anything its double edged sword...

I interpreted this abit different.

For example, True Profane will only now be able to progress to Oathbreaker, True Siren’s next path will become True Oathbreaker, and True Pirate will then become True Breeze.

Now with {} around the important parts and the missing text ** added.

For example, True Profane will { only now be able to progress  }to Oathbreaker, True Siren’s { next path will become } True Oathbreaker, and True Pirate*next path* will then become True Breeze.

Your weapons are not going to change only the next available path for upgrade.

True pirate already evolves into True Breeze, so no change there.

-The Twitter quote from Jonathan Lien obviously is referring to the Nebula Weapon Upgrade Stone, which will give you a discount to the upgrade.

16 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

I interpreted this abit different.

Now with {} around the important parts and the missing text ** added.

For example, True Profane will { only now be able to progress  }to Oathbreaker, True Siren’s { next path will become } True Oathbreaker, and True Pirate*next path* will then become True Breeze.

Your weapons are not going to change only the next available path for upgrade.

True pirate already evolves into True Breeze, so no change there.

-The Twitter quote from Jonathan Lien obviously is referring to the Nebula Weapon Upgrade Stone, which will give you a discount to the upgrade.

It's this. Nothing will be gifted or anything, your next upgrade choice will change, that's all. 

And until proven wrong, I'm still convinced that the "discount" on the upgrade costs with the stones will be available by paying it on the cash shop. Like almost every other event : "event" = "Limited edition item on the cash shop". No need for the stones otherwise, they would just announce a reduction of the upgrade costs. 

Edited by Fael
6 minutes ago, Fael said:

It's this. Nothing will be gifted or anything, your next upgrade choice will change, that's all. 

And until proven wrong, I'm still convinced that the "discount" on the upgrade costs with the stones will be available by paying it on the cash shop. Like almost every other event : "event" = "Limited edition item on the cash shop". No need for the stones otherwise, they would just announce a reduction of the upgrade costs. 

f15db678e7.png

57 minutes ago, Mucski said:

This is what I'm thinking too, free true breeze <3

Also this is quite funny:

" A while back we had identified an issue with players potentially losing the gem sockets they unlocked with Gem Hammers when they upgraded their weapon to the Silverfrost Mountains path. While this is how this system is intended to function, and has functioned in other regions, we agreed that it could be improved.  "

So....uhmmm....identified issue....but this is how the system works....? So the system is the actual issue and they just identified how the system works after 5-6 years from the game release? 

Mind=blown

1 minute ago, Trix said:

So i'm at True Pirate stage 10 and my next upgrade step is Yeti Weapon, 10 STS, 220 SS, 190 Stingers, 70 MS and 7 NT. Does it mean that I will be able to skip that step and my next upgrade will switch to True Breeze instead?

Your True Pirate weapon will go to True Breeze stage 1 if you do the upgrade with the listed items. That doesn't change.

Edited by LaiHai
Just now, TheRockmanEXE said:

yeah except you don't get a free breeze weapon, proof was posted earlier

Yeah I've noticed too late and was lazy to edit. Still wtf is a discount to weapon upgrade? Does this mean requirements for weapon progression will be lowered?

So i'm at True Pirate stage 10 and my next upgrade step is Yeti Weapon, 10 STS, 220 SS, 190 Stingers, 70 MS and 7 NT. Does it mean that I will be able to skip that step and my next upgrade will switch to True Breeze instead?

Just now, Trix said:

From true pirate you will upgrade to true breeze. Nothing will change for you. With the nebula stuff you will get some discount, thats all.

Just now, Udunnome said:

Yeah I've noticed too late and was lazy to edit. Still wtf is a discount to weapon upgrade? Does this mean requirements for weapon progression will be lowered?

if it's anything like the taiwan event you use the stone in lieu of a weapon and doing so gives you a discount on the other mats.  it's not a very significant discount because the higher your weapon the less of a discount you get.  Article said 10-40%.  10% off a *cricket* ton is still a shit ton.