Sudden client crashes during first few seconds at Winter Mane

ComradeCrab

During the first 10 seconds or so of fighting Winter Mane in Cold Storage, as soon as I hear him say "Now you've made me mad!" my client suddenly closes every time.  There's no freeze, lag, or delay, it doesn't go to the white logo screen that sometimes shows up when there's a crash or disconnect, it just closes.  There's no error message but there is a bug report submission message that pops up.  I always hit send but I don't really know if it actually sends (I know at least once the crash reporter crashed, which is kind of funny.).

I haven't seen any other posts about this so I don't know how common it is - I've only run into one other person who I know it happens to.

It's super frustrating.  I've tried a few measures (ctrl F to hide party, file repair, turning all graphics settings to 1, turning on the optimize for low end PC option...) but nothing seems to stop it.  This doesn't happen anywhere else (I would think that it would at least happen at Blood Mane too since they use the same boss models/animations/robot friends.)

The exact same thing happens to me whenever I enter Cold Storage and try to defeat Cold Mane. Me or the other party members, but someone always crashes. 

This is really, really, r e a l l y frustrating. Please, do something about this issue!

Right when I enter the fight with the boss, it freezes (or so laggy there is minimal movement) before it gives me a disconnected screen and closes. It's extremely frustrating having to keep re-entering. You get backlash from other party members and keep having to do the same dungeon over again with similar results. I've also tried messing with the settings or repairing the file which neither seems to have any effects. This crap needs to be fixed and soon. 

Archived