Your maintenance time sux

Javice

After reading some Twitter posts by the NA team it seems this extra maintenance is for their ''backend systems''. Not sure what that means but honestly, this isn't something we've had to endure before so even though I'm so very disappointed by the EIGHT hours of maintenance on Wednesday (starting at 4am CST instead of the usual 6am CST, btw - hope people read that) I know they wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't necessary.

They probably shouldn't have called today's downtime scheduled weekly maintenance like they do for the actual weekly one, but ... *shrugs*

Some of the other tweets mention an upcoming Event that will be announced soon, so it could be in preparation for this as well as system upkeep.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Insanyti said:

After reading some Twitter posts by the NA team it seems this extra maintenance is for their ''backend systems''. Not sure what that means but honestly, this isn't something we've had to endure before so even though I'm so very disappointed by the EIGHT hours of maintenance on Wednesday (starting at 4am CST instead of the usual 6am CST, btw - hope people read that) I know they wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't necessary.

They probably shouldn't have called today's downtime scheduled weekly maintenance like they do for the actual weekly one, but ... *shrugs*

Some of the other tweets mention an upcoming Event that will be announced soon, so it could be in preparation for this as well as system upkeep.

another p2w event? Like a Crit Gem only obtained by TREASURE TROVE and CAN'T BE FARMED IN-GAME CONFIRMED By Babbletr0n last stream.

Side question: wth is  with Twitter, Youtube, FB, etc. What happened to posting news, updates on the message boards, and actually communicating with the players. I've seen this trend with other publishers and it makes me sad really. 

3 hours ago, VRock said:

another p2w event? Like a Crit Gem only obtained by TREASURE TROVE and CAN'T BE FARMED IN-GAME CONFIRMED By Babbletr0n last stream.

We will be able to craft the double crit gem at a later stage on game.

You will just not have the 4 AP. 

3 hours ago, VRock said:

Nah, not P2Win, but you just have to pay for a Cash Shop item ("Nebula weapon upgrade stone") if you want to upgrade without the ridiculous upgrade costs and endless grind. If you still don't want to pay (after so many events and awesome opportunities for your credit card?), enjoy your Profane or Oathbreaker weapon for a few more months. 

And they listened to the players for this decision, apparently. Either we're not writing clearly enough here, or they don't read at all... 

really ncsoft ?

we had a 5 hour maintenance yesterday and now today on a wednesday afternoon you gonna do another 8 hour maintenance ?

As a paying customer who played aion and wildstar when it required subscription, and bought ncoins in bns i demand an explaination and that the maintenance times gets changed.

How are we suppose to get all our dailys done if the game is down for the whole day ????

The one thing that annoys gamers is companies that are not honest to their player base. Giving information to players does not hurt. 13 hours of maintenance in two days is not "routine" in any way!

why the lengthy maintenance?

The less time players get to see hackers and bots, the less time players will complain about it? /troll

And during maintenance, you can't even log in on forums :D

You can only post if you were logged in already.

What a bullshit another day i cannot play at all. Thanks ncsoft. Maybe ill just consider buying overwatch and move there. Atleast Blizzard has own maintenance times for EU players

Just now, Brainy said:

The maintenance from yesterday didn't do shit to fix lag spikes. If something, it gotten worse.

I wonder what they are "fixing" during these maintenances... I mean a database backup and server restart can't possibly take 8 hours, can it ?

fixing? Like hell they're.- do you seriously think that ncsoft does anything while servers are down? no they dont

The maintenance from yesterday didn't do shit to fix lag spikes. If something, it gotten worse.

I wonder what they are "fixing" during these maintenances... I mean a database backup and server restart can't possibly take 8 hours, can it ?

I wish they extend it for aproximately 12 hours

So i can enjoy this time and enjoy social life :)

OMG what a lie...what i'm talking? i'll be here, stalking forums 24/7 til server comes up again :'(

I don't have social life, no real life friends :s

Archived