Your maintenance time sux

Javice

19 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

it depends on the build but... having worked in the industry i can tell you that a full build transfer can take even up to 12 hours. Perhaps they have problems with build transfers and they said 8 hours in case things go wrong and they have to deploy a new build.

Sorry mate but failsoft doesnt throw money into hire 1 gm cant belive their bs.

Imo they just shut down servers due to the fact that they are potato due to the fact they dont invest the millions dollars or euros players have spend  for better hardware to deliver a decend service to us the players.

They are like shut down servers for 8 hours n let them cool down a bit

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Imo they just shut down servers due to the fact that they are potato due to the fact they dont invest the millions dollars or euros players have spend  for better hardware to deliver a decend service to us the players.

No need to be snide. You have no insight on how they work or what their servers are, for all you know, they could be upgrading the super-"potatoes" that holds the servers. 

8 minutes ago, Yndril said:

No need to be snide. You have no insight on how they work or what their servers are, for all you know, they could be upgrading the super-"potatoes" that holds the servers. 

Dont want to argue but listen.

When this ncsoft dont even hire in game GMs i want me to beieve they put money into upgrade their potatoes?

Just think about it!

Can u blame me for thinking this way?

30 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Ermm have you ever worked in gaming industry? I am just curious because you dont seem to know how a build deployment woks. Builds fail to deploy all the time specially if they carry a lot of changes and it's not server failure but a completely different  problem.
And why would they shut down their way of making money? 

Also trust me, you do NOT want them to upgrade their servers. It take months to transfer all the data and the issues... oh gosh... XD.

5 hours ago, Corpsicle said:

The one thing that annoys gamers is companies that are not honest to their player base. Giving information to players does not hurt. 13 hours of maintenance in two days is not "routine" in any way!

why the lengthy maintenance?

Only a few companies I found out there to be fairly honest with their player-base. And those are at the top because you cannot expect to be deceitful and always giving politically correct answers and keep your players. Easy as that.

6 hours ago, Corpsicle said:

The one thing that annoys gamers is companies that are not honest to their player base. Giving information to players does not hurt. 13 hours of maintenance in two days is not "routine" in any way!

why the lengthy maintenance?

please don't start the qq's archeage had 24hr maintenance as well as 3 day server outages due to ddos. this 8hrs on top of 5hrs is nothing compared to that.

After this maintenance if followed criterias are not met better move to other games:

-If game wont give me 121 fps all times

-Ping below 20

-No DC when ever switching from dungeon lobby to world or otherway around.

-No skill delay

-Better customer support

My quess is none of them is accomplished

4 hours ago, Bronn said:

Hallo,

sowohl die Wartung gestern, als auch die heutige Wartung betrafen die gesamte NCSOFT-Plattform und entsprechend alle darauf laufenden Spiele.

Hintergrund sind größere Arbeiten an der internen Infrastruktur und Zahlungssystemen. Neben dem Ziel einer besseren Stabilität, wird dabei auch unter anderem die Grundlage für getrennte Wartungsarbeiten in Europa / Nordamerika geschaffen und einige Abläufe während der Wartungen sollen beschleunigt werden.

Die Änderungen werden aber nicht sofort bei euch spürbar sein, sondern sind, wie gesagt, eine Grundlage für zukünftige Verbesserungen.

This is from a german thread. 

He said taht there where a NCsoft platform maintence yesterday and today its not only game specific.

Reason for it was for better stability and the basis for a dedicated maintence for NA and Europe. Also some processes, in maintence, should be faster then.

3 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Dont want to argue but listen.

When this ncsoft dont even hire in game GMs i want me to beieve they put money into upgrade their potatoes?

Just think about it!

Can u blame me for thinking this way?

I don't really care if you believe one way or another and I'm not in any way trying to impose my thoughts on the matter to your belief (highly doubt they would upgrade the servers anyway). I was saying we don't know what they are doing or why they are doing it, so until you know that, I think you should refrain from being snide. Those "potatoes" is hosting millions of players after all.

Lineage II, Aion and B'n'S had 8 hour maintenance today at the same time. Probably 1 tech team for all 3 games did all maintenance during an 8h shift. Don't know if it's true but would make some sense.

Archived