Your maintenance time sux

Javice

Dear ncsoft,

4AM PDT is maybe in the middle of the night for you guys, but thats in the middle of the day for us in europe.

4AM PDT = 1PM for me

Useally you do it on wednesday, wich means all the kids get home and all the work people from early shift get and BOOM, you start mainentance

How about you guys do it during your normal day shift, your day shift = night with us in europe

Thats dubble profit : no night shift for you guys, and we can play during the day

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but they just wont do it so we can give up trying...

5hrs downtime in europe during the day make it hard to do anything but the dailies in europe... Often you arent able to get all dailies anyway during maintenance day so...

After first big patch they said something like this: "this was our first major content update so from now on maintenances wont take so long." Well suprise suprise every *cricket*ing maintenance is from 4hours to 6 hours + 1-3 hours extensions for their screw ups.

Top of that they said why EU cant have their own maintenance times: Its not possible to them do that. Which is utterly bullshit and they said then others would start QQing about the fact that other region would get content patches sooner. Well *cricket* yeah who the heck cares what ever NA gets it 12 hours earlier when in current method EU players gametime is cut by several hours because of maintenance times.

For me this maintenance starts at 2 PM and ends at 7 PM + extensions. How much fun when i cant play the game that i've supported and paid. (master pack + premiums).

Also if they cannot give us own maintenance times then ATLEAST rotate maintenance times so EU players could enjoy playing game at their prime time.

Ncsoft has been lying in everyturn and neglated EU players. Eu players already pay more for this game if they wish to pay. With current USD/EURO rate we're paying 17% more. So yeah we deserve our own maintenance times and fair treatment

3 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

After first big patch they said something like this: "this was our first major content update so from now on maintenances wont take so long." Well suprise suprise every *cricket*ing maintenance is from 4hours to 6 hours + 1-3 hours extensions for their screw ups.

Top of that they said why EU cant have their own maintenance times: Its not possible to them do that. Which is utterly bullshit and they said then others would start QQing about the fact that other region would get content patches sooner. Well *cricket* yeah who the heck cares what ever NA gets it 12 hours earlier when in current method EU players gametime is cut by several hours because of maintenance times.

For me this maintenance starts at 2 PM and ends at 7 PM + extensions. How much fun when i cant play the game that i've supported and paid. (master pack + premiums).

Also if they cannot give us own maintenance times then ATLEAST rotate maintenance times so EU players could enjoy playing game at their prime time.

Ncsoft has been lying in everyturn and neglated EU players. Eu players already pay more for this game if they wish to pay. With current USD/EURO rate we're paying 17% more. So yeah we deserve our own maintenance times and fair treatment

lovely .. one maintenance on tues, one on wed ... and nothing will change .. just lock out people for hours lol

Edit : Still waiting to see what prompted this "urgent" maintenance for over 5 hours ... and also no statement about maintenance status tomm lol

Just now, Crimsonjrjr said:

Get a job or go to school. Then you wont have to worry about the down time

My work ends when servers go down so yeah. Good argument. If i was school i would be out 2-3pm too so yeah once again good argument

2 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

My work ends when servers go down so yeah. Good argument. If i was school i would be out 2-3pm too so yeah once again good argument

Yeah sorry.  I forgot you count for 90% of the player population.

2 minutes ago, Crimsonjrjr said:

Get a job or go to school. Then you wont have to worry about the down time

I have a job. At a school. As a teacher.
We have vacation this week though, so this is the first time I'm really affected by this one.

What I'm kind of annoyed about now is the fact that every single maintenance since I've started playing was on a wednesday.
And with a less than 12 hour notice, this day gets changed.

And yes, I know that according to the ToS you have to agree to on each log-in they can do this, but still.

I learned about it because I was doing bloodshade and the 15 minute notice popped up just before Widows.
Outfit dropped, almost no-one bids on it because they wanted to hurry to get it done.
We beat MM as the 'going offline' message pops up, and a Secret Technique drops that goes for only 20g (couldn't bid more as I had just upgradede my weapon, so only had 19 myself).
But now it is 1:16 PM and I'm still standing in Mushin's Tower, and doing almost everything....so yeah....

Just now, EvaLynBoder said:

We have vacation this week though, so this is the first time I'm really affected by this one.

What I'm kind of annoyed about now is the fact that every single maintenance since I've started playing was on a wednesday.

And yes, I know that according to the ToS you have to agree to on each log-in they can do this, but still.

Think it's maintenance on a Tuesday and Patches on a Wednesday. Not 100% for most people since the timezone for EU goes from like GMT 0 to GMT +12

And as always EU gets *cricket*ed because the times! While NA can play in decent hours! EU can't and premium time runs out! because when maintenance ends EU people will need go sleep to wake up early next day but in NA server will be up by the time they wake up and will be online for full day.

How are we sure that there WILL be another maintenance tomorrow when there was only notice for maintenance for today? So far I haven't seen any information about maintenance being on tomorrow so perhaps they simply switched it for today?

Just now, EvaLynBoder said:

this.... i have a fulltime job to. And every damn time i have a day off they have a maintance.. Now i started getting used on the fact that its on Wednesday but now having it on today to + Wednesday makes me pretty frustrated.. They promise every damn time there gonna fix the server to seperate it from na but they just dont. And more anoying, the hackers and buggs are still in the game. So all this together i feel like theres another useless freaking maintance for 5 and more hours. If they would seriously fix some things i wouldnt mind but this is just bothering me and very much other people in europe to.... :/

I mean shifting the maintenance timings with like what just 12 hour notification ? how is that a bad thing ? I mean , listing off all that has been done to "help" players ... like non banning hackers, bots, responding with automated replies to tickets, random banning people from forums for posting about hackers/bots ... this sudden maintenance is nothing lol

give them a break, they are human too. and no matter how many thousands of complains they receive, they are trying to hard already. you get to enjoy your game, they have to play hard and work even harder. it's just another scene of a policeman and a taxpayer in an ice cream shop..

8 minutes ago, Crimsonjrjr said:

Yeah sorry.  I forgot you count for 90% of the player population.

Yeah sorry lets see how 90% of eu population is working evening shifts or at school so late oh wait yeah

Just now, Fael said:

At least confirmed by Youmukon on the french forum : maintenance today and tomorrow. 

For real? ._. Now this was one big of a bad news so some people will lose two days of Daily Dash because of long maintenance during the day. They should really start thinking of EU's situation a bit more.

Archived