Still no Amazon NCoin...Why?

Suntwist

Like countless others who play Blade and Soul, I have relied upon the security and convenience of Amazon for purchasing NCoin since I began playing the game. The transactions are flawless and I've never had any issue whatever with processing their codes ..aside from NCSoft's rather clumsy multi-step activation process. The transaction on Amazon's part is always immediate, the codes are received as soon as the purchase clears, within seconds, and the coins are available the moment one enters them into the Blade and Soul account.

Last week for some unknown reason and without notice or explanation this option was made unavailable.

When understandably upset by the entirely unexpected inconvenience, players were very kindly promised by NCSoft forum staff, on more than one occasion, that this issue would be resolved "by the end of the week" at the latest. That meant by last Friday. it is now Monday evening, May 2, and the return of service that NCSoft staff assured us would occur is several days late, and again without announcement or explanation.

I 'followed' the original thread which contained the reassuring posts by NC staff (as well as a rather heated one by me) but apparently made a mistake in the process (?) because I cannot find it now. It is not my intent to create a duplicate thread and if I have I apologize. I still have a few things to say.

***If you're bored by questions or paragraphs or are knee-jerk defensive of anything Blade and Soul please save yourself the bother of reading further.*** 

Also, I absolutely separate Blade and Soul the game from NCSoft Corporate. The game I love. Corporate...not so much. The two can be separated by thinking educated humans. Creative/labor/providers and corporate are often at odds in real life and corporate rarely has the best interests of anyone but themselves in mind across all walks of life. Gaming is no exception. Moving forward:

I could speculate that NCSoft is intentionally making Amazon purchases, likely used by adult and other more fiscally aware players, unavailable to ..let's say 'strongly encourage' more people to capitulate and deal with NC directly due to impatience with waiting for this issue to resolve. That, however, would lead to questions regarding why NC Corp is so interested in obtaining credit/debit card information and a Pandora's Box of conspiracy theories not yet supported by the facts. This ploy wouldn't make sense anyway, as it's not as if one can't impulse buy using Amazon, especially given Amazon's transactions and immediate availability of NCoin actually tends to be much quicker.

Another possibility is that NCSoft isn't fully in control of the situation. Perhaps Amazon has objected to one thing or another related to NC Corp's practices and has placed restrictions on sales until these issues are rectified. Again, this is purely speculation, but when we are given no official explanation, such speculation is bound to happen. 

My hope is that this is simply a matter of delayed logistics. Yet if that is the case, then why has there STILL been no official announcement more than a week after the fact and several days after resolution was promised?

As an adult professional and paying premium customer who makes significant vanity item purchases on a regular basis I would like to know when the promised restoration of the Amazon option will take place for people who rely on it for secure and convenient purchasing

I may not be legally entitled to Amazon service, the simple courtesy of an explanation or anything else under TOS, but what's truly nagging at my mind is the fact that this move is costing NC so much money, not just on NA but on EU servers as well, which also received the same promise we did. It is extremely bad business to remove a revenue stream, yet that is precisely what NC Corp appears to be doing. This simply does not mesh with the fact that NCSoft Corporate has repeatedly shown itself to be, well ..exceptionally enthusiastic in regard to getting their hands on as much money as humanly possible. Or does it?

Then again, I suppose with a total par value of $10,964,511,000 (http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/structure.aspx) a few days' Amazon income is a pittance. I believe Mr. Kim, with all due respect of course, will survive.

The one strength I have always and 'vocally' appreciated about NCSoft is the superb quality of its customer service. I truly hope they can find a way to resolve this issue.

It's simple. Amazon takes a small cut from the transactions. NCSoft seeks to get as much money within 6-8 months before they announce that due to a lack of interest Blade and Soul NA/EU will be shut down.

Archived