Misty Wood Necklace

50 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I will be rude right now and say:

It is no secret how the game is. It is no secret what the upgrade paths are. It is jo secret it's a Korean game and as such is designed mostly for their market. Now....

I don't like pvp either but guess what I do it anyway cause I have to and I found out I am actually darn good at it.

That's the way the cookie crumbles. You need to do both pvp and pve to upgrade no other way around it. If you can't fit in you are free to leave.

Considering people have been leaving in droves for awhile now it's probably not the greatest of ideas to tell someone to leave.

wtf really its GRANNY time, seriously really? "if you can't fit in you are free to leave" Its like I'm on the ****ing Wildstar forums all over again, "its too hard for you,then leave"(quoted numerous times in Wildstar forums) well people left now Ncsoft is backpedaling trying to make the game work again thru adjustments but its still a ghost town.PvE or PvP who gives a flying **** at least people are playing. Its ****ing Ncsoft job is to accommodate ALL ****ing players and who gives a crap of what other regions are doing from day ****ing one on announcement of this game in livestreams stated that NA/EU versions were going to be different,now that's all on Ncsoft to live up to their ****ing word.It wouldn't hurt to make adjustments to help along new players /players leveling alts along the way, whatever ****ing playstyle they enjoy.*golf clap* but ya tell people to leave that's the best course of action ****ing AWESOME.

P.S not even going to respond to any remarks on my quote but happy gaming and cya in game

To OP and anyone reading this post, if you're on Soha server and need help with something just ask me I'll be more than willing to help out. :P Insigs are easy to farm anyway.

34 minutes ago, Blackwyrm said:

you saying a lv 50 cannot solo these bosses? lol.

You can be level 50 and have only 380 AP, which is hardly enough to fight back anything depending on your class. Some people will need help. Luckily there's tonnes of bots for that ... lol. 

19 hours ago, testosterone said:

Considering people have been leaving in droves for awhile now it's probably not the greatest of ideas to tell someone to leave.

Well....would u rather have him stay and fell unwanted or unhappy ?

• 2 weeks later...

@GrimoirDo you just browse the forum all the day and copy/paste basically "suck it up and accept the system, that's the way of the game or leave" all day?

Doesn't sound like ur bf is as inexperience as OP, I had trouble soloing misty woods for weap breakthrough item when I was trying to upgrade my weap on my SUM. Luckily my now dead 3men clan helped me out at the time. Farming insig in misty woods is not designed to do it urself, sure its doable, but new players are having trouble to get those because of bad game design. (pirate emblems started to sell in HM store)  It may have worked months ago, with fresh players everyday, but things are not the same anymore. Just depending player feedback or NC's willingness to do anything about it.

Eventually the lower leverl will be scarce of new players, but that's when a game had matured enough that its customer base had all move passed these contents. BnS has been out like 12 weeks or so? This is not in anyway "healthy" for a game that wishes to compete with its counter parts in other regions. For NA/EU to participate in e-sports, they need players to do so.

Posts like these are warning signs. Special treatment or not, I thought we were pretty special for keeping pirate weap path after Silverfrost, different from other regions. It just comes down if NC is willing to do it, base on PLAYERS feedback.

Let's go a bit extreme, by your way of thinking, ppl shouldnt offer their feedback to their government because thats the way their world is, don't try to change it. Roll over, accept ur fate or die.

Can't we be helpful to one another? I helped out 2 players farming insig in misty woods one day, They kept spamning in /f chat, but I was the only one who showed up to help them. I didnt have time to stay too long, so I hoped I had help them even a little. And we were on the popular faction in Hajoon. Imagine this phenomenon across all servers and in NA/EU. I like this game and I wish everyone would find enjoyment out of it like I do. Not having ppl feel unwelcome of being stuck on evolving their equipment at lv45, let's lend them a hand.

12 hours ago, Mistia said:

@GrimoirDo you just browse the forum all the day and copy/paste basically "suck it up and accept the system, that's the way of the game or leave" all day?

Doesn't sound like ur bf is as inexperience as OP, I had trouble soloing misty woods for weap breakthrough item when I was trying to upgrade my weap on my SUM. Luckily my now dead 3men clan helped me out at the time. Farming insig in misty woods is not designed to do it urself, sure its doable, but new players are having trouble to get those because of bad game design. (pirate emblems started to sell in HM store)  It may have worked months ago, with fresh players everyday, but things are not the same anymore. Just depending player feedback or NC's willingness to do anything about it.

Eventually the lower leverl will be scarce of new players, but that's when a game had matured enough that its customer base had all move passed these contents. BnS has been out like 12 weeks or so? This is not in anyway "healthy" for a game that wishes to compete with its counter parts in other regions. For NA/EU to participate in e-sports, they need players to do so.

Posts like these are warning signs. Special treatment or not, I thought we were pretty special for keeping pirate weap path after Silverfrost, different from other regions. It just comes down if NC is willing to do it, base on PLAYERS feedback.

Let's go a bit extreme, by your way of thinking, ppl shouldnt offer their feedback to their government because thats the way their world is, don't try to change it. Roll over, accept ur fate or die.

Can't we be helpful to one another? I helped out 2 players farming insig in misty woods one day, They kept spamning in /f chat, but I was the only one who showed up to help them. I didnt have time to stay too long, so I hoped I had help them even a little. And we were on the popular faction in Hajoon. Imagine this phenomenon across all servers and in NA/EU. I like this game and I wish everyone would find enjoyment out of it like I do. Not having ppl feel unwelcome of being stuck on evolving their equipment at lv45, let's lend them a hand.

Nope but 90% of the time it is just suckin it up.

anyways:

you call it a bad designed game but you miss one fact: that is how this game is designed. Its made so you have to do pvp and pve in order to progress. thats how this game is, and its not bad designed, this is the design. hence my "suck it up" comment.

I dont mind helping someone farm the insignias if they need help and they ask, but the blame is not on the game its on the players who choose to be aholes and kill the ones farming.

Just because it was made that way, doesn't mean it wasnt a bad design. You know like a spork, part spoon, part fork. there was an unnamed part spoon part knife also, but after people used it normally without thinking and cutting themselves they abandoned the design. Should they just suck it up because that is the way the spife was designed.

Are you willing to shove something with a knife blade into your mouth like that to proof that people should just suck it up? Or maybe you can admit that some things are designed poorly and the forced PVP into PVE, and forced PVE into PVP is bad design and why it was avoided for 20 YEARS!

Just because you like something, doesn't mean it isnt a bad design to it either, so don't even bother going that route. The design for all the work that had to go into creating the environs and characters should have been something that would attract and KEEP a lot of happy players. It is failing due to design and production in NA/EU  plain and simple.

I have to agree with @Grimoir on this one; you all knew this game focuses on both PvE and PvP. I never understood people who just want to farm PvE content in MMOs, like how is that being competitive? This game was always famous of it's PvP system, arena or open-word, and if you don't like PvP, you should not have chosen this game, because it is not for you. Easy as that.

I spent ages in Misty Woods farming the Insignia for the outfit because I liked it. Most people would avoid you so you stop to let them turn in their dailies. If they attack you then you attack them back. Welcome to the world of MMO. If you want an easier game then try playing on Facebook and stop ruining games like everyother free loader pve'er

Love someone who does 70% Pve and 30% Pvp

Original poster is 100% correct if you are on the BLUE team. "You will get ganked 100% of the time on my server as level 50 trying to grinds some faction coins for vendor gear item 24 hours a day on all channels"

How ever if you are on the RED team this part is easy.

Me I have 8 toons on the BLUE team and every one needs something from the pvp vendor. On my server its like 10 to 1 for RED to BLUE team and the 1 i am told is a BOT. NC soft you really need to do something about BALANCE on world PVP it is a BAD JOKE at the moment and the BLUE team are the PUNCH LINE if you get my pun!

How about letting us swap factions once a week even if it for say a limited 24 hours then we switch back automatically  just so we don't hit the gear cap world PVP wall???

Just tried again in misty woods with a friend lasted 2 mins before got ganked by 5 Red team members. Not fun not fair and *cricket* poor design. What i struggle to understand is that the game has been out +2 years and you have not fixed this.

While writing this a Red team member reserrected me and then instantly killed me again. Seriously you let the enemy rez you to kill you. Wow 

change channel and as soon as faction boss spawns 3 red gank me fighting him.  J O K E 

@FrannySince you agree the game is great as is, then why there were pvp players that requested for PvE obtainable contents be available for PvP as well? And were unwilling to do PvE in a game with both aspects to it? BnS isn't for those players, leave right? But were contents changed? Yes. Did NC took feedback and made a change to the system? Yes. Suddenly now PvE or OWPvP content that needs some re-working, those players need to suck it up or leave? Or why make any changes at all? Why bother bring the game to NA/EU? The game had basically been translated when it was in other regions right?

NC had said they are localizing the game themselves. Aspects of our version is different from other regions, whether we like some of them or not. How unreasonable is OP to have requested the game to be improved due the lack of players in misty woods to farm insigs right? How dare OP try to make a suggestion to a system that can be better for only him/herself but also other players who faces the same conundrum right?

I don't like PvP too, and I rarely participate in it. Luckily I started the early, didn't run in too much trouble. But not everyone is the same and not everyone is expert gamer. OP's opinion has merit. I would've LOL if this was 2 months ago (misty woods had 5/6 chs open), but its not the same anymore.

Ok after getting MAD posting here I spammed my faction chat for 20 mins got 5 man level 50 team and finally farmed 30 dame tokens for the break through Necklace from the Misty Woods vendor.  

Rant over the world is a great place to be again. So for the orginal poster i sugest you spam faction Chat for 20 mins and get a 5 man level 50 team.

Vardy LCFC player of the year over and out!

18 minutes ago, Syanonn said:

There is no PvP gear in this game.

The hongmoon accessories are used in owPvP as well as 6v6.

Get over it and farm your insignias, it isn't that hard.

Well it could be hard with heavy opposing factions activities. Especially if they were happen to be very active at that time.  Return fire would be option for those who have good pings and FPS but not so much for those who don't.

Also this is an area where BlackWyrm is very close and if a few of the opposing factions jump off the hill into enemy camp, they did it to survive so they will attack all the NPCs and anyone around in their effort to try to return to blackwyrm

The only point of the owPVP in this game is to cause a delay in your grind. Nothing in the story requires it, only to choose one faction or the other, and maybe something else later in Moonwater.

Lets look at the factions and see if this Misty Woods Necklace has an excuse for existing, or even owPVP.

Tyrian v Stratus.

Nobody cares, the story quest that put you close to be able to get Tyrian Cult outfit really is rushed through to get out of the green area of Scorching sands and onto the the larger part where the story takes place.

Skyhaven v Talus

Nobdy has the Skyhaven Resistance uniform because it takes a lot to get it, and then when you are strong enough to get it you don't really go back anywhere it can be used. You are too busy in Silverfrost where Talus are the "good guys" and you only get attacked by them per quest.

Bamboo v Blackram

I dont even remember when you get the Bamboo if it is when first leaving to Everdusk or before moving on to Cinderlands through the story, but Blackram is gotten in Jadestone a long time after. The odds of people running into each other to do ow PVP wearing these is slim.

Now with all these the odds are slim and for those that do wear them and attack others outside of Songshu Isle farming the Specter outfits, they are griefers and PKs, which most games with common sense frown upon. Why would you purposefully put a negative gaming element into a game?

This leaves us with the Red/Blue factions that are forced onto people and your choose only means whether you are screwed for the rest of the game. You can't choose the philosophy you want, either you choose the right one or you have to work 10 times as hard to get things and buy them from the other faction from the market. The only time non-griefers are using Cerulean or Crimson uniforms is doing faction dailies and random quests like Wind Meteor (when the teleporting bots havent got them camped). Otherwise it is just griefers there wearing assassin cloth to ruin the game for others by killing them and sending them to a loading screen to resurrect, either via faction or clan outfits.

There really is nothing positive about about any of the owPVP in this game, especially now that Whirlwind Valley is open for 6v6 PVP. owPVP isnt need and plays no role but to cause problems with things like Misty Woods Necklace (weapon path no longer needed after new paths are forced), moonstones and soulstones.

This is just flawed game design and needs to be removed, or PROVEN it is wanted. Put mass access to soulstones, moonstones, and the necklace in non-owPVP availability and see how many people still do the owPVP to get it? I bet you would find most would do it the non-PVP way. When they do, you learn that more people prefer PVE to PVP.

The fact someone has to spam chat for 20 minutes to be able to do this just shows even more of the design flaw, because spamming chat is also a negative play experience and frowned upon by people with common sense.

I challenge BnS makers to provide PVP materials through non PVP methods and see if people still prefer to get them through PVP. I bet you would find only bots left in SSP, because people would go other places for the majority of their moonstones and soulstones.

If PVP is still the prefered method of MOST, then I am wrong, but if even 20% use the PVE method to get those upgrade mterials and crafting materials, then for crying out load make some PVE only servers for those players to enjoy the game using their playstyle, not some meta forced by someone.

The moment you introduce a require meta-gaming mentality into a game is the moment it becomes no longer a game, but instead a chore to routinely follow that meta. This is why seasons of those MOBAs change things so the meta doesn't become stagnant, or their isn't only a single meta and people can play their way that is different from another way and still progress and enjoy the game.

Archived