Misty Wood Necklace

Ok let me tell you how upset I am about how INSANELY hard it is to get this Upgrade.

1: You MUST be in your pvp gear thus you can and will be attacked while farming for it (not fair to those that hate pvp)

2: Most people who are after this can't solo the bosses that spawn even when they are level 50 which leads to next 

3: Most people due to fast content release no longer kill enemy faction nps's for insignia's making getting a couple people together to farm them almost impossible (currently have been trying for 2 days (on the weekend no less) and never found ANYONE who wanted/needed.  

This has got to change not that it will matter in my case because once I feel unwanted like I do now I leave and will never come back. Yet I hope this gets changed for any future new players who will also run into this problem and most likely leave as well. 

Which server are you in ? It seems there's no one around you for farming faction bosses (Myo, Taywong or Gunma and that girl which is the opposite of Myo)

I'll usually drag random ppl to my party. They usually stay and help farming bosses. If there is opposition you can't engage... well.. change channel.

8 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Horros, heh. I could not find anyone who needs Stalker by Foshi Pyres on 2 channels. The thing just wandered around and nobody was there at all.... it was eerie.

Same as Profane Jiangshi. 

though in my server..last time i went there.. there are about 3 bots stationed there waitin for someone to kill the guardians.

My character is level 7, heh. I can't imagine many clans rushing in to recruit it. Neither do I want to put it in a clan, because I won't have time for running it continuously. Just wanted to try a class  to 45-50, maybe try PvP on it.

The clan my main is in is awesome, and already carries my undergeared main to help with stuff.

1 hour ago, ChunkyChicken said:

Ok let me tell you how upset I am about how INSANELY hard it is to get this Upgrade.

1: You MUST be in your pvp gear thus you can and will be attacked while farming for it (not fair to those that hate pvp)

2: Most people who are after this can't solo the bosses that spawn even when they are level 50 which leads to next 

3: Most people due to fast content release no longer kill enemy faction nps's for insignia's making getting a couple people together to farm them almost impossible (currently have been trying for 2 days (on the weekend no less) and never found ANYONE who wanted/needed.  

This has got to change not that it will matter in my case because once I feel unwanted like I do now I leave and will never come back. Yet I hope this gets changed for any future new players who will also run into this problem and most likely leave as well. 

Well...let me put this straight:

1. Yes because it is a faction quest. there is no way around it. Plus if you manage to get on while its a quiet period you can survive without getting attacked or killed, plus there are several channels to choose too.

2. Thats why there is a Clan or Faction that can help you with that. Its just 15 insignias needed i think? Even i help out players who ask for the help i dont mind since i am usually there anyways to kill people :)

3. Blaming it on fast content release is just nonsense. It would be the exact same way if we got the entire content at once because everyone in the right mind would not farm misty woods and just skip to the next best set because if you are a good player, you can survive without having a load of HP.

In  what way does that make you feel unwanted? Thats how the game is and was ever since it released in the other regions, there is no special treatement for anyone, if thousands of other players across all regions can do it, so can you.

My bf when he switched servers leveled up all on his own as it was a new fresh server back then, he was the only person lvl 45 in misty and managed to solo kill the bosses there just fine....its just an example, if you really are willing to get to where you want to be in terms of gear, you will get there, if you expect special treatement then sorry no.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

Same as Profane Jiangshi. 

though in my server..last time i went there.. there are about 3 bots stationed there waitin for someone to kill the guardians.

It's sad when you start to appreciate bots. With the amount of rng and grind needed, only bots would stick around and farm with you.

8 minutes ago, Yetan said:

It's sad when you start to appreciate bots. With the amount of rng and grind needed, only bots would stick around and farm with you.

I would love to add some blue summoner bots as party member during misty party... they're so efficient in their task.. and it can carry me against some reds.

Yep I do not pvp could give 2 shits about pvp way to many bots hacks and cheats in pvp that ncsoft doesn't do anything about so a alternative is getting a breeze accessorys that drops in the beast bog and just forget it.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Well...let me put this straight:

1. Yes because it is a faction quest.

Let me put this straight, Hongmoon is NOT one of the warring faction crap, and the Misty Woods Necklace is require to upgrade your Hongmoon Necklace at a point after you reach Moonwater Plains.

There is NO, ZERO, ZILTCH, NADA, NEIN, NON, reason it should be anywhere related to factions. What it is is stupidty on the game designers part that THEY even realized.

"Hey Kim you know this faction stuff doesn't make sense and nobody will care about owPVP right?"

"Well Chung, that is an easy fix, we will FORCE them into the factions before they can  leave Viridian Coast, force them to buy everything from factions to finish Old Man Cho quests to give longer running and more running skills, and force them to upgrade their gear having to do faction stuff!"

"Brilliant Kim! We can force the struggles of North vs South Korea on EVERYONE in the world through factions!"

Both laugh maniacally.

And you know what makes it even more stupid in the Misty Woods faction crap? You are constantly fighting the 8 masters for the insignia, you know the ones that saved your CRICKETING life! How stupid is that? Yes those insignia drop from 4 of the 8 masters, 2 per faction.

Have you seen the part of the gearing path that requires soulstones by the bucket, and then - the moonstones? There is no playing this game without the OW PvP, and doing a significant damage while at it.

Equally, there is no playing this game without re-running the dungeons a few dozens of time per character.

It is not a great design, but philosophically, the game is made for a player that engages in all three modes of play and voraciously.

so the game was made for East minded players, why did they bring it to the west?

Thre exists better games in the West made by and for the west for story play, grinding, and PVP, BNS excels at none of them. They are going to have to change their East-minded thinking if they want it to be a success for there to be any West playing for their "worlds" e-sport nonsense. PVP players alone wont pay the bills at NCWest, so they are going to have to start tailoring a west0minded philosophy to the game that takes place OUTSIDE the arena where their e-sport happens in order to support the e-sport from PVE.

PVE players dont want to PVP.

PVP players dont want to PVE. (Mosh was even about to quit the other day, and may have because he is sick of having to PVE for ANYTHING)

Welcome to the West Johnathan Lien, where people want different things than the East, pelase enjoy your stay and remember to wipe your feet. Now learn what the West wants from its games. owPVP aint it. See: EverQuest from 1990s PVE servers where PVP wasn't even possible, WoW PVE servers where PVP wasn't even possible, BNS PVP required by all on ALL servers.

NCSoft/NCWest isn't going to do better or make more money than Blizzard or Sony, so you better get with the program and psychology of West players and deliver the game style they like to play, or polish off your resume cause your revenue stream won't support the company and everyone there will be looking for new jobs before Xmas.

As a band-aid fix, they'd be better off making that necklace/other insignia items buyable for silver. Considering that lower level areas are dying as people are highly concentrated in Silverfrost now, I'd say that's something they should consider implementing soon.

As a long term fix for new players. They should make it so all items need for breakthrough comes from quest. For anyone leveling a new character or leveling an alt pretty much all the old content is empty or with bots farming only some world boss. Some world boss you need the brekthough don't even have bots since they are not worth it.

I just Faction chat to ask for help and usually a hoard of them would show up :D

Granted, I understand your frustration because in order to buy those, besides the insig requirement, you have to be at a certain ranking in the faction. I recall you need to be Spire ranking in Crimson in order to get the weapon so I think it's the same for the accessories. Meaning you now have to do the rest of the dailies to rank up in order to purchase and there is always a chance the opposite faction players would kill you while you are doing it.

However, like others said, just grab question and shout out in the faction chats, there will be people come to your rescue and party up :)

I despise PvP, and was *very* upset about needing to get the weapon and necklace using Insignias, as well as needing a certain rank.  And the first few days of trying to get them was very frustrating.  I'm now on my 3rd character getting ready to do these, and I don't mind at all.

What I learned:

It is not necessary to kill a single other player in order to get the rank and the insignias.

Getting the necessary rank takes about 20 minutes per day for 2 days, just doing the faction quests at the Wanderer's Hut and in the Cinderlands desert.   You are unlikely to encounter an opposing player.  If you do it is unlikely that he will want to kill you (he's just doing the same thing you're doing).  If he does want to kill you, it is unlikely he will follow you when you switch channels.  Even if he does, wait an hour and come back. 

Getting the necessary insignias is trivial if you are in a clan.  It takes a half hour to get enough for both your weapon and your necklace.  If the enemy camp is full of other players on all channels and you or your clan aren't into PvP, just come back at another time.

It's more tricky to get the insignias if you are not in a clan, as I wasn't on my first character.  However, it still turned out not to be that hard or frustrating once I just resigned myself to it.  My method: go to Misty woods, check out other camp while not wearing faction clothes.  If my side is there farming insignias, put on uniform and join them.  If not, do the dailies in the Talus camp for soulstones, then check again.  If still no one is there, ask in faction chat.  If no one wants to come, give up for the day, or else come back later even though you're done with dailies.  You only need to get lucky for about a half hour, farming both bosses 3 times should give you enough, 4 at the most, and they spawn pretty often.

12 hours ago, Shadzar said:

And you know what makes it even more stupid in the Misty Woods faction crap? You are constantly fighting the 8 masters for the insignia, you know the ones that saved your CRICKETING life! How stupid is that? Yes those insignia drop from 4 of the 8 masters, 2 per faction.

A very way to *cricket* up with your emotion, especially if you care about the story... Yeah i feel that too.

I was kind of hmm turned upside down maybe.. learning that Soha and Juwol IS the faction boss at Cinderlands.

20 hours ago, ChunkyChicken said:

BOOM!! Make Misty Woods Necklace obtainable via 30 Faction Insignia, Its so easy its ****ing stupid, problem solved.

13 hours ago, Shadzar said:

so the game was made for East minded players, why did they bring it to the west?

Thre exists better games in the West made by and for the west for story play, grinding, and PVP, BNS excels at none of them. They are going to have to change their East-minded thinking if they want it to be a success for there to be any West playing for their "worlds" e-sport nonsense. PVP players alone wont pay the bills at NCWest, so they are going to have to start tailoring a west0minded philosophy to the game that takes place OUTSIDE the arena where their e-sport happens in order to support the e-sport from PVE.

PVE players dont want to PVP.

PVP players dont want to PVE. (Mosh was even about to quit the other day, and may have because he is sick of having to PVE for ANYTHING)

Welcome to the West Johnathan Lien, where people want different things than the East, pelase enjoy your stay and remember to wipe your feet. Now learn what the West wants from its games. owPVP aint it. See: EverQuest from 1990s PVE servers where PVP wasn't even possible, WoW PVE servers where PVP wasn't even possible, BNS PVP required by all on ALL servers.

NCSoft/NCWest isn't going to do better or make more money than Blizzard or Sony, so you better get with the program and psychology of West players and deliver the game style they like to play, or polish off your resume cause your revenue stream won't support the company and everyone there will be looking for new jobs before Xmas.

I will be rude right now and say:

It is no secret how the game is. It is no secret what the upgrade paths are. It is jo secret it's a Korean game and as such is designed mostly for their market. Now....

I don't like pvp either but guess what I do it anyway cause I have to and I found out I am actually darn good at it.

That's the way the cookie crumbles. You need to do both pvp and pve to upgrade no other way around it. If you can't fit in you are free to leave.

Archived