what class counter bd in pvp?

breadANDbutter

is it? i always though bd have the upper hand against fm since bd is kinda similar yet a bit better than bm. and bm counter fm so hard...

is that the only class that counter bd in some way?  (talking at the lv of average pvper gold rank, not the hardcore pvp player)

44 minutes ago, breadANDbutter said:

is it? i always though bd have the upper hand against fm since bd is kinda similar yet a bit better than bm. and bm counter fm so hard...

is that the only class that counter bd in some way?  (talking at the lv of average pvper gold rank, not the hardcore pvp player)

BM works well against FM for 2 reasons. First BM block blocks literally everything fm throws at him beside meteor shower, phantom grip and snowball. BD is open after the first 0,5s of his spin. BD can easily remove freeze but they remain chilled, and chill gets rapidly reapplied by forst orbit (any smart fm will stay close to you so you can't get rid of chill).

BM block however also triggers their cyclone, which is an iframe and it removes both chill and freeze, allowing the bm to charge at the fm. It has a really low cd of 9s. The only way for BD to remove chill reliably is their hongmoon maelstrom at 36s cd.

FM also counter's our grip with their forst orbit. You get chilled every time you attack them, even during grip, once you get frozen they use impact -> you are stunned.

Also their divine veil is a direct counter to our soaring falcon focus restoration.

Did i mention that fm can even disable the spin? No?

So yeah, fm is most likely the hardest matchup. You need very good use of your iframes to beat them (for example: use iframe when they spend their chill stacks to freeze you, so you are no longer chilled. Iframe to get immune to chill stacks, then remove freeze with spin, then charge).

Warlock can be annoying too with their charge disable, but it's duration is much lower. Summoner is still annoying but manageable, all other matchups should be slightly in your favor.

Archived