Since Hongmoon Pills and Skillbooks can be obtained with Zen Beans, how about making the Royal Zen Bean obtainable via PvE?

56 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

There's no "effort" required.  The previous system for HM skills required a massive amount of effort by PvP players to obtain skills.  Skills that PVE players could grind.  You had to:\

It's not about effort: most PvE players put in an extraordinary amount of work for pathetic rewards. The issue is that fighting other players is stressful and not the sort of scene they want to be in. Having a bunch of people mad at you for leeching would be just as stressful!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/05/2016 at 0:47 PM, KatHead said:

PVE players have zero room at all to complain about anything pve vs pvp related

do soulstones ring a bell? you know, that green shit you need to upgrade "6" items, for craft, transmute, etc bullshit. and before you say marketplace like a wannabe smartass, 30+s each=nope. at Awaken Siren and after, you need soulstone 2 times for each weapon/accessory rank: 1 time for breakthrough, and another one for evolution. at first soulstones may not seem much, but when you need 200*5=1000(for the 5 accessory) only for the final rank available, it's absurd. to upgrade all accessory after Infernal till max rank you need 680*5=3400 soulstones. to upgrade weapon after True Profane till True Scorpio its 1902 soulstones via Siren/Pirate path, and 1933 via Oathbreaker path. 5302 or 5333 soulstones, only for weapons+accessory. no calculating craft, transmute, etc etc.  yup, pve should not complain at all

8 hours ago, Ginki said:

do soulstones ring a bell? you know, that green shit you need to upgrade "6" items, for craft, transmute, etc bullshit. and before you say marketplace like a wannabe smartass, 30+s each=nope. at Awaken Siren and after, you need soulstone 2 times for each weapon/accessory rank: 1 time for breakthrough, and another one for evolution. at first soulstones may not seem much, but when you need 200*5=1000(for the 5 accessory) only for the final rank available, it's absurd. to upgrade all accessory after Infernal till max rank you need 680*5=3400 soulstones. to upgrade weapon after True Profane till True Scorpio its 1902 soulstones via Siren/Pirate path, and 1933 via Oathbreaker path. 5302 or 5333 soulstones, only for weapons+accessory. no calculating craft, transmute, etc etc.  yup, pve should not complain at all

Im at 617ap, I know what it cost to upgrade. Pve has no room to complain, you are simply blinded by your hatred for pvp. I am pvx, so I know very well which tasks are giving me bank and which task I am doing only for fun and not the pitiful rewards.

Believe what you want to believe but stop crying on the forums about bad rewards when you on the side of the argument with the good rewards. 

Why everybody is complaining about soulstones? Sure, PvP guys get them a little easier, PvE guys need to deal with hackers and lags in SSP but TBH I find getting other materials like Naryu Tablets and Frozen Stingers (not to mention Ornaments) much more pain in the a$$. I too not enjoy PvP (especially Arena) much but if I need SS fast i just do some dailies in Silverfros and buy soulstones. Not the cheapest way but look at the prices of tablets and stingers. Buying those can ruin you really fast even if you have a premade party for dungs coz everybody need them. You can't expect your guildmates to give them to you, right?

Only thing that pisses me off is the moonstone drop rate, here we could use some improvements for sure.

1 minute ago, Bartas said:

Why everybody is complaining about soulstones? Sure, PvP guys get them a little easier,

Not even that. In SSP you get soulstones extremely easy. Just do your dailies there and you have like 50-60 without byuing the pounches and the additional quests (15 and 20). You can get over 100 easily with all quests within an hour every day. If that's too hard for someone, sorry, but that's not the game's fault.

Moon Stones are the worst things, that's true, because you can get them only by luck (or doing 6v6).

2 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Not even that. In SSP you get soulstones extremely easy. Just do your dailies there and you have like 50-60 without byuing the pounches and the additional quests (15 and 20). You can get over 100 easily with all quests within an hour every day. If that's too hard for someone, sorry, but that's not the game's fault.

For many people it is the game's fault coz not everyone owns NASA grade computer and connection that allows them to even move in SSP not to mention scoring a kill with bosses. That's another matter tho.

The money making suggestions are failing for me so far. :(

Wheel sucked up all my valor stones, with nothing very valuable in return.

I was told to leave my first try at a 4-man: not because my AP was too low, but because I don't have a complete Yeti soul shield for acc and crit.

Spent half the day (8 tries in all) trying to complete Yeti for a soul shield piece I already had.

Finished the day having earned 30 gold: which is what I normally earn if I work all day. :-/

2 minutes ago, tandava said:

I was told to leave my first try at a 4-man: not because my AP was too low, but because I don't have a complete Yeti soul shield for acc and crit.

Spent half the day (8 tries in all) trying to complete Yeti for a soul shield piece I already had.

Finished the day having earned 30 gold: which is what I normally earn if I work all day. :-/

Wait, what? If I played all day I could easily get 120g+. 30g is the normal amount for Silverfrost dailies (iincluding purple dungeons, no Asura even) and you doo all that in about 1 hour. Oh and why you spent you valor stones on wheel? OFC it will give you nothing of value. I have 1000 sitting in my inventory and no idea what to do with them lol. 

As far as 4-man dungs are considered there is no point in doing them if you are low on cash coz if something of value drops you will be outbid anyway. I don't think that you will get many soulsields there too. 

Silverfrost dailies take over 2 hours if you don't play at a good time for a squad in the naga area. Then another hour or so for the blue dungeons. Then a ridiculous amount of time on purple dungeons...

I tried the valor stone wheel and the 4-man dungeon, because that's what was recommended by the person who said they make 100g just on their alt.

What I don't do is SSP, which PVP players consider to be PVE but PVE players consider to be PVP. Can you confirm that my reluctance to do SSP is the reason I don't make 100g/day?

Ps. I get out-bid just as easily in 6-person dungeons. This is why the game seems imbalanced against PvE players to me. It does seem pointless to continue for 30g a day when most people make 100-150g/day.

10 minutes ago, tandava said:

Silverfrost dailies take over 2 hours if you don't play at a good time for a squad in the naga area. Then another hour or so for the blue dungeons. Then a ridiculous amount of time on purple dungeons...

What 2 hours? What are you doing that long? Naga area takes maybe 15-20 min. solo and beastbog is only worth to do if you get an invite to the boss. Otherwise I skip it. I also don't do the blue dungeons. For what should I? The purple dungeons don't take that long. Yeti is most likely done in 10 min. or less. Frozen too and necro takes some more minutes but not much. All 4 man of course cause it's most likely faster than 6 man with half afk people + you get more money. Asura takes a bit longer but with a solid Group, it's totally worth it cause of the good drops and the quests.

18 minutes ago, tandava said:

What I don't do is SSP, which PVP players consider to be PVE but PVE players consider to be PVP. Can you confirm that my reluctance to do SSP is the reason I don't make 100g/day?

SSP dailies give you much money. Just think of about 70-100 ss and what they are worth on the market. That for 30-45 min. is totally worth it. And if you are lucky, you will get some moonstones, too.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

the blue dungeons. For what should I?

Unless you are HM 10 you are missing out on a lot of XP. They also give good gold for the 15 minutes it takes to do all of them, its mainly a do I have time for this thing. If you have the time they are totally worth it, just shouldnt be prioritized. 

Ok, that's a point. For 2 days I had 40/40 so it would not work anyway. I did misty woods and arena dailies along with bsh 24 man (because of the daily) completely. I think it is time so increase the number of dailies you can do (to 60 maybe) but I don't think that will happen.

8 hours ago, Zedonia said:

What 2 hours? What are you doing that long? Naga area takes maybe 15-20 min. =

I know the ones below the Frostscale Basin area take over 1 hour because I've often tried to get them done after the hour warning for the Daily Dash reset. The naga area takes a long time if there are few other people on the map. It takes me around an hour to hunt 100 nagas as an FM. The time the bosses take also depend on who is around.

As far as I can tell, the only way to make more gold in ratio to investment of time is SSP. But that isn't fun game play for me.

9 hours ago, tandava said:

3000 crit is the bare minimum, 4000+ is optimal. However, you don't need more than 110% accuracy if it's not Asura.

9 hours ago, Zedonia said:

What 2 hours? What are you doing that long? Naga area takes maybe 15-20 min. solo and beastbog is only worth to do if you get an invite to the boss. Otherwise I skip it. I also don't do the blue dungeons. For what should I? The purple dungeons don't take that long. Yeti is most likely done in 10 min. or less. Frozen too and necro takes some more minutes but not much. All 4 man of course cause it's most likely faster than 6 man with half afk people + you get more money. Asura takes a bit longer but with a solid Group, it's totally worth it cause of the good drops and the quests.

SSP dailies give you much money. Just think of about 70-100 ss and what they are worth on the market. That for 30-45 min. is totally worth it. And if you are lucky, you will get some moonstones, too.

SSP can give money, yes, but that depends on your server and faction, as well as hacker activity. Otherwise you might spend an hour and get nothing done. Furthermore, gear and class matters - getting credit on Grindtooth as a melee is quite difficult, seconded by the ogre captains.

Just make it so PvPers can sell the Royal Zen Bean and whatever else on the marketplace.

Don't know why everyone is discussing gear upgrades and Soulstones but:

If you PvE, you can buy Soulstones with the money you earn from PvE.

If you PvX, you earn from both.

If you mainly PvP, you can buy other mats with the money you earn from PvP.

If you only PvP, the only thing I can think of PvPers needing are the skillbooks which you can buy with the money you earn from PvP.

The only thing you absolutely need to PvE for in order to help with PvP (as far as I know) is that skill where you need to eat a bunch of shit (farmed or bought from achievement merchant), along with the Hongmoon Pellet.

If they make it so that the Royal Zen Bean can be sold, they should make it so you can sell those food things on the marketplace as well.

I don't really know if PvP gets the short end of the stick here (I don't PvP often), but shouldn't that be the case anyway since gear upgrade is PvE content? Of course those who PvE should have an upperhand in... PvE content.

6v6 is a weird one.

18 hours ago, tandava said:

How many did you roll ? Again, I do this every 7 - 10 days and it is by far the best way to use those stones.

Never made less than 15g (150 rolls) from it, not to mention those op jewels / Nayru Coin / Silver. 

4 man or 6 man is kinda luck based on if you make gold or not (depends on drops ofc), you could spam asura as it drops sealed flower of lament and thats 300g. Maybe its just good luck but I have seen it twice in around 10 runs. It also drops outfit patterns that people pay dearly for as well, and ive seen a good bit of stingers there. Not to mention people bid pretty high on the ss pieces. 

My gear is not up to Asura yet, and it may be an eternity before I'm even allowed in 4 man Frozen Fang.

Why do people pay 300g for a flower of lament?

I had 44 valor stones to use on the wheel, and I mostly got "Try Again" certificates back.

I like the suggestion to allow PVPers to sell beans, as long as there is a balancing money-maker on the (true) PvE side. I'd really like to be able to get the Hongmoon Pill on my own.

2 hours ago, tandava said:

My gear is not up to Asura yet, and it may be an eternity before I'm even allowed in 4 man Frozen Fang.

Why do people pay 300g for a flower of lament?

I had 44 valor stones to use on the wheel, and I mostly got "Try Again" certificates back.

I like the suggestion to allow PVPers to sell beans, as long as there is a balancing money-maker on the (true) PvE side. I'd really like to be able to get the Hongmoon Pill on my own.

The "sealed" flower of lament is needed to upgrade to legendary and can be traded. The price on them is falling slowly but I believe they will go up as they are under valued due to so few players being any where near needing them. I actually think they are about half of what the real value on them is which I am guessing is around 600 - 700. 

Usually I wait until I have in between 150 - 200 stones before I roll. 40 is way to small of a sample size, but you can trade those "try again" tickets back in for valor stones on a 5 - 1 ratio.

On 10.5.2016 at 6:34 PM, tandava said:

It takes me around an hour to hunt 100 nagas as an FM. The time the bosses take also depend on who is around.

oO Really? Maybe your gear is still not that high, I understand that. I checked it yesterday and I need about 15 min. for all 3 quests (solo). If there are no people around, I do the bosses alone, takes some more minutes then. I'm not doing any normal dailies on the map, only frostscale, beastbog, ssp and dungeons.

24 minutes ago, tandava said:

Yep, gearing up is hard when you earn so little gold. I'm still on Oathbreaker. :(

What do your accessories look like ? Do you have a soul from nayru yet ? If your ring, neck and earring are still infernal stop thinking about your weapon and get your accessories upgraded as they offer HUGE dps boosts. HUGE !

Tandava, are you in the same Oathbreaker leg with 180 SS/11 MTS and then 190 SS/12 MTS as I am? I think it is a really hard portion of the gearing curve, b/c I can only get 20-30 ss a day from Misty and partials in SSP & both the evo and the MTS crafting wants them ss (and I did my firs batch when they still asked for 100 ss per 10 MTS, ouch). I am also hoping to push past it during the gearing event, and then go back to maxing out all my accessories to the Siren/Pirate interface (I only did Ring, Earring & Bracelet so far) & getting the Naryu Soul.

At 30 gold a day you are laughing compared to me though! I am like 12 G - oh, lucky day!

23 hours ago, Ikasu said:

Don't know why everyone is discussing gear upgrades and Soulstones but:

If you PvE, you can buy Soulstones with the money you earn from PvE.

cause we need that green shit to upgrade 6 gear items, craft, etc etc, and it's mostly from pvp content. that's why. zen beans too to be sold in marketplace? how about no? they should add it in pve like they did with HM skillbooks that added it in pvp. pve needs more than 5000 soulstones for gear. if we calculate craft, transmute etc, add few more thousand. add zen beans in pve and be sold in marketplace? yes. obtained by pvp and sold in marketplace? NO. soulstones aren't enough, and you want to screw and rip us off with zen beans too?

soulstones cost 32s right now on my server, and they periodically go up to 35s. give me the gold and i'll gladly buy them. i don't need much. around 5.000

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, KatHead said:

Im at 617ap, I know what it cost to upgrade. Pve has no room to complain, you are simply blinded by your hatred for pvp. I am pvx, so I know very well which tasks are giving me bank and which task I am doing only for fun and not the pitiful rewards.

Believe what you want to believe but stop crying on the forums about bad rewards when you on the side of the argument with the good rewards. 

so, pvp can cry about HM skillbooks, but pve can't cry about zen beans or soulstones. hahahahaha, thanks for the laugh. pve easily has room to complain, especially if you're only pve. i know that you didn't reply to me, but i'm not blinded by hatred for pvp. i don't "LIKE" pvp(i write it like this so that you don't confuse it with hate. i'm 1000% sure that you will still confuse it, but i don't really care). it's simple as that. i'm only pve and i will complain about soulstones, just how pvp complained about HM skillbooks. pvp were crying about HM skillbooks, and they got it. since pvp got what they wanted, why can't we pve get what we want(soulstones or zen beans in pve)? only satisfy pvp, and pve can go to hell? that's not how it goes. if you got what you wanted as pvx, you can't prevent us pve to get what we want and say we have no room to complain and we're blinded by hatred about pvp. since they listened pvp that were crying about HM skillbooks, we will keep crying about soulstones or zen beans to be added on pve

10 minutes ago, Yagion said:

so, pvp can cry about HM skillbooks, but pve can't cry about zen beans or soulstones. hahahahaha, thanks for the laugh. pve easily has room to complain, especially if you're only pve. i know that you didn't reply to me, but i'm not blinded by hatred for pvp. i don't "LIKE" pvp(i write it like this so that you don't confuse it with hate. i'm 1000% sure that you will still confuse it, but i don't really care). it's simple as that. i'm only pve and i will complain about soulstones, just how pvp complained about HM skillbooks. pvp were crying about HM skillbooks, and they got it. since pvp got what they wanted, why can't we pve get what we want(soulstones or zen beans in pve)? only satisfy pvp, and pve can go to hell? that's not how it goes. if you got what you wanted as pvx, you can't prevent us pve to get what we want and say we have no room to complain and we're blinded by hatred about pvp. since they listened pvp that were crying about HM skillbooks, we will keep crying about soulstones or zen beans to be added on pve

Dude it is really simple, people with 200 ap or less cant do 4 man xxxx dungeon for hm skills. It was never a question of Wahhhhh I do not like pve, it was a question of can not be done. Crying about soulstones does you no good, because you are easily able to obtain one of the easiest to obtain but still semi valuable commodities in this game. If rng was not involved and a pvp only player could have queued for a dungeon and got his hm ability in a hour or two then it would have been silly of them to have ever complained. This was not the case, 200 (and much less) ap does not clear 4 man content.  

Your post seems very angry, but maybe that is just the way I am reading it. Soul stones are necessary, but anyone can get them. They can be gotten with no gear at all, with mw dailies and ssp (other insignificant places as well). HM Skills being locked behind content that was not doable is a completely different story. If you do not wish to participate in activities that reward soul stones, simply buy them from the auction house. They are super cheap at around 26 - 30 silver per, unlike the pve variant of soulstones which is currently 2.5g per and rising rapidly. 

You can have a zen bean in 2 hours max, if you actually want / need one. With the amount of real issues effecting this game, it is a waste of time to spend time complaining about something that you get around in 2 hours time and never ever have to touch it again. 

Look at this another way:

If I only have 2 hours of play time today and must choose between arena and dungeons which one do you think I will choose ? I have no choice, I am FORCED to play the pve content or fall behind it is that simple. Pve has no argument to make in the pve vs pvp WAAHH fest that is this thread. 

People just want to complain, they just want things to be easy. Stuff that is worth having is difficult to get, in life and video games.

Archived