Forums

Since Hongmoon Pills and Skillbooks can be obtained with Zen Beans, how about making the Royal Zen Bean obtainable via PvE?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although 5k zen beans aren't hard to farm, I wouldn't mind having this choice. Since they went through the trouble of fulfilling the wish of PvP players, now they should cater to that of PvE players as well.

Don't you guys already have drops that are the books to become? I have gotten one page out of 300 or something like that.

And, if they make Zen beans obtainable thorough PvE, then tags should drop Small Dragon Certificates. The only reason I keep having to run PvE is that I need gear for the SDC, or playing PvP is without any rewards.

24 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Don't you guys already have drops that are the books to become? I have gotten one page out of 300 or something like that.

And, if they make Zen beans obtainable thorough PvE, then tags should drop Small Dragon Certificates. The only reason I keep having to run PvE is that I need gear for the SDC, or playing PvP is without any rewards.

This isn't about Dragon Certs, though I would not be opposed to returning Dragon Certs to the blue Moonwater dungeons or removing the requirement to use them to exchange zen beans (or any reasonable alternative).

29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

No, the skill that is available from Royal Zen Bean is not available from PvE. The one you are talking about is skill 1, afaik.

As for SDC, we PvE players could care less even if it is directly added to Arena and Whirlwind Valley rewards. It is not like we can use those SDC, neither can we sell them like PvP players sell Soulstones.

Go ahead, ask NCSoft to add SDC in Arena itself, but then again, it will increase bots in Arena as well.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

I am just saying that as far as I know there are ways to obtain books via PvE already. While there is absolutely nothing you can do to date with the PvP currency w/o PvE. At least now you can spend beans (hopefully) on something useful w/o having to collect gazillion bits in pieces in the hundreds of runs of the same dungeon. I just want the gear good enough to do the story-line and arenas, and the way it is structured now, I can't really spend time in PvP, because I am not geared enough for the next chapter for PvE, and to do so, I need to make Zen beans convertible, and to do that I need to gear even more or rely on the kindness of other folks to carry me.

Dude, no. Lightning Draw Tier 5 Stage 4 is ONLY available from Royal Zen Bean. Stage 1-3 are available from BSH book.

6 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Dude, no. Lightning Draw Tier 5 Stage 4 is ONLY available from Royal Zen Bean. Stage 1-3 are available from BSH book.

Like I said, I did not know. I was just going on the general impression I got that in terms of stuff you need, PvE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arenas, and Arenas generally speaking are pretty useless in terms of rewards if you do not PvE.

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Like I said, I did not know. I was just going on the general impression I got that in terms of stuff you need, PvE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arenas, and Arenas generally speaking are pretty useless in terms of rewards if you do not PvE.

Honestly, why the developers had to force PvE players to PvP and PvP players to PvE is beyond me. I mean, people play games to enjoy. I absolutely do not enjoy doing SSP, but need to. Meanwhile, you probably do not enjoy running Heroic Dungeons, but you have to.

Why NCS don't just separate the 2 aspects and let people enjoy how they want to, is also beyond me.

5 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Honestly, why the developers had to force PvE players to PvP and PvP players to PvE is beyond me. I mean, people play games to enjoy. I absolutely do not enjoy doing SSP, but need to. Meanwhile, you probably do not enjoy running Heroic Dungeons, but you have to.

Why NCS don't just separate the 2 aspects and let people enjoy how they want to, is also beyond me.

I think it's more about the quantity of each. Run a dungeon 5 or 10 times? Well, that's okay, I suppose. But run it every day and preferably a few times, and actually a few of them too? That's just too much. I am normally okay for one dungeon a day that I consider hard, then I just don't feel like focusing as much as it takes to keep up with the party and try not to be idiotic about using my skills. One Naryu, and I don't want to run BHS afterwards...  While Arenas, well, let's say I have to put a timer to buzz to remind myself to stop once I started. But, I feel darn guilty doing it because my character is in rags and I should be doing Brightstone or BHS or whatever I need for my gearing.

Guys there is no need for a 'zen beans being obtainable through PvE' discussion and freak out the PvP players. They don't even have to remotely go that far to make the royal zen bean available through PvE. PvE already has a lot of currencies, all they need to do is to also make the royal zen bean available through one of those currencies. 

However, if the royal zen bean is also used for anything else other than to get that skill, then it would make things complicated.

3 hours ago, NN13 said:

Well I can think of a reason why the system was designed that way. The reason is because there aren't only two groups of players (namely PvP and PvE) but the is another one too; the PvPvE (aka PvX) one. That is the group of players that likes their game to incorporate both PvP and PvE in the gameplay while both parts being important and combined into it. Also keep in mind that this group is most probably the majority of players.

That being said, I don't mind having more ways of obtaining HM skills, either that is through PvP or PvE.

I do my PvP some days when I have the intestinal fortitude for it but it would be a nice option. Not just for purely selfish reasons either but also for those who get stuck with me in 3v3 dailies. I really try not to let down my team but I just freak out and make silly mistakes cos I'm not at all a PvPer. And I also feel sorry for anyone who has to chase me around in 1v1s cos I run away like a little girl sometimes being brave enough to try and get a hit in lol. It's crazy I know but oh well. I won't apologise for being me, the worst PvPer in the world!

just don't get mad at me people; NCSoft made me do it!!!

Why do pve players want or need a hm skill they will never use ? BM barely uses that hm skill in pvp, because the pve one is better (unless vs assassin and even then it is more of a suprise get you out of stealth move). 

Takes a hour tops to get the pvp zen bean hm skill. Takes forever / tons of gold to get the pve versions. This is not equality you are asking for, this is wanting everything for free / nothing. PVE hm skills were made available for pvpers because they were no longer obtainable to pvp only players (due to gearing). The pve version of hm skills takes a very very very very very very very long time to earn in pvp, it isnt like they are free or easy to get. 

The pve community is so spoiled. Every single decent avenue in this game for revenue is on the pve side and still you complain. 

Bots everywhere ? 

NCSW: Lets fck the pvpers by removing dragon certs. 

PVE players have zero room at all to complain about anything pve vs pvp related. Complain about bots, hacks and poor optimization but stop wasting your breath on arguments than are nothing but folly. 5k zen beans is nothing, do your pvp arena dailies 2 days in a row or pvp for a hour. Now you have a ability you will never use, congratulations. 

10 hours ago, Rajak said:

Well I can think of a reason why the system was designed that way. The reason is because there aren't only two groups of players (namely PvP and PvE) but the is another one too; the PvPvE (aka PvX) one. That is the group of players that likes their game to incorporate both PvP and PvE in the gameplay while both parts being important and combined into it. Also keep in mind that this group is most probably the majority of players.

That being said, I don't mind having more ways of obtaining HM skills, either that is through PvP or PvE.

I fall into the pvx category, and threads like this are very irritating. PVPers by far get the worst end of the deal in this game when it comes to: Gold, Exp, HM Skills, Outfits, and thats not to mention EVERYTHING ELSE DESIRABLE IN THIS GAME.

The pve community even has a battleground to farm ss and moonstones in now as pvp only players will not play it due to gear imbalance. 

15 hours ago, NN13 said:

No, the skill that is available from Royal Zen Bean is not available from PvE. The one you are talking about is skill 1, afaik.

As for SDC, we PvE players could care less even if it is directly added to Arena and Whirlwind Valley rewards. It is not like we can use those SDC, neither can we sell them like PvP players sell Soulstones.

Go ahead, ask NCSoft to add SDC in Arena itself, but then again, it will increase bots in Arena as well.

Agree, the reason NCSOFT removed the SDC from the Arena is due to the bot. These days, it is unlikely for you to match against a bot. If you do, that's rare. But then again, I only do Arena for Dailies.

11 hours ago, KatHead said:

Why do pve players want or need a hm skill they will never use ? BM barely uses that hm skill in pvp, because the pve one is better (unless vs assassin and even then it is more of a suprise get you out of stealth move). 

Takes a hour tops to get the pvp zen bean hm skill. Takes forever / tons of gold to get the pve versions. This is not equality you are asking for, this is wanting everything for free / nothing. PVE hm skills were made available for pvpers because they were no longer obtainable to pvp only players (due to gearing). The pve version of hm skills takes a very very very very very very very long time to earn in pvp, it isnt like they are free or easy to get. 

The pve community is so spoiled. Every single decent avenue in this game for revenue is on the pve side and still you complain. 

Bots everywhere ? 

NCSW: Lets fck the pvpers by removing dragon certs. 

PVE players have zero room at all to complain about anything pve vs pvp related. Complain about bots, hacks and poor optimization but stop wasting your breath on arguments than are nothing but folly. 5k zen beans is nothing, do your pvp arena dailies 2 days in a row or pvp for a hour. Now you have a ability you will never use, congratulations. 

Seems to me that you're just here to pick a fight. The majority of us have no problem with PvP-only players getting access to PvE items through PvP. Nobody complained when more HM skill items were added to the zen bean vendor.

Perhaps we should ask NC to return things to the way they were before, and make the Lost Hongmoon Volumes/HM books/elixir/pill only available via achievement/clan craft/4man again.

11 hours ago, KatHead said:

I fall into the pvx category, and threads like this are very irritating. PVPers by far get the worst end of the deal in this game when it comes to: Gold, Exp, HM Skills, Outfits, and thats not to mention EVERYTHING ELSE DESIRABLE IN THIS GAME.

The pve community even has a battleground to farm ss and moonstones in now as pvp only players will not play it due to gear imbalance. 

Yeah I know PvPers get the worst end of the deal, I have never denied such a thing. And tbh I have personally stopped going into arena cuz ATM I have nothing to gain from it. I can get my moonstones and ss from faction dailies. 1 hour of SS plains will get me a very minimum of 70+ ss and 5+ moonstones (mainly from the dailies ofc). So no point for me to go into arena unless I really want to PvP right?

However I do get annoyed that the faction related stuff is regarded as pure PvE, especially since it flags you for PvP. It is OWPvP with elements of PvE in it(I.e. the faction quests). Now the part that annoyes me is that most PvP players only regard arena as PvP since they don't have to care about gear and shit. And when the PvE part becomes necessary, they expect to get a free pass as if they were special snowflakes. If you are going to ignore OWPvP and faction stuff along with all its goodies, then you might as well suffer the consequences. 

Also, as long as 6v6 is considered, it is in no way related to PvE. It is pure PvP mode without the gear balancing. Even the currency is very similar to zen beans. Yes I know PvE/PvX players will have an advantage cuz they most likely have better gear but that does not change the fact that it is PvP. So ofc most PvP players will give this mode the same treatment as the OWPvP and faction related stuff and regard it as if it is a privilege of PvE players.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that that fact that PvP players choose to engage in only 1 aspect of the game (and very selectively at that) but will not accept the concequences of their choice makes it a bit hard for me to fully sympathise with them.

I'm gonna be bumping this thread for NCsoft to see it, because I think getting hm pellet via PVE is our right :) if PVPers can get it why not us? I prefer doing all the PVE instances daily why I cannot get this skill doing what I like the most, that is PVE?

27 minutes ago, Rajak said:

However I do get annoyed that the faction related stuff is regarded as pure PvE, especially since it flags you for PvP. It is OWPvP with elements of PvE in it(I.e. the faction quests). Now the part that annoyes me is that most PvP players only regard arena as PvP since they don't have to care about gear and shit. And when the PvE part becomes necessary, they expect to get a free pass as if they were special snowflakes. If you are going to ignore OWPvP and faction stuff along with all its goodies, then you might as well suffer the consequences. 

I don't ignore it! Every time I upgrade my gear I try it in a vain hope I get the drops. But, no, still not   there. And means I need to do more dungeons. Not just middle-range difficulty PvE, the purple heroic dungeons for the end-game group PvE. And I never get to play arena, not  really. Because dungeons is the only thing that matters, Even that I want to, and don't want to run dungeons a lot. How's that fair that you cannot get rewards for something you are eager to do, and instead you need to do things you do not want to do a few hundred times?

Why can't blue dungeons give stuff you need for progressing, not as much as the purple ones, but at least a bit?

Archived