got scammed with bid system

Akyzo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LoL... Stop pressing "Y", 2 days ago a friend also got trolled like this, him likes to press "Y" non stop at start of bid when it's on copper, someone throw 70gold and him paid it cuz him didnt pay attention... And i felt so much for him(even knowing it's his fault) cuz at begin i had already passed on item cuz i didnt needed it.

Also, when i want to bid, i never go on "Y", i prefer to use RMB or input the exactly quantity i want to pay, also i wait the bid to be around 5-6secs so i don't get trolled...

3 minutes ago, ToffyNexy said:

The only solution to this issue, though it might raise another problem is to lock the (Y) button for maybe 1 second after someone else put a bid.

Or maybe even 2 seconds, if someone accidently put wrong value, he can leave haha :)

On 5/1/2016 at 1:55 PM, Akyzo said:

at asura someone abuse bid system biding fast 140+ gold after 1.60g bid and i bid again cuz i didn't expected to bid that much

http://imgur.com/drFoFtY

Next time... dont spam YYYYYYYYYYYYY lol.. its a dumb mistake. S. Happens lol..

Well next time that happens. just leave the party. and it wont count ^_^.. u wont lose a gold. and they wont get the loot either..

I lost 22 gold on a 44 silver item (moonwater tear) because of a similar dick move. Some players here call it "auction sniping". I have to work all day to get 22 gold through quests, so this was a major setback for me.

Now I'm always scared in Naryu where people force you to run, fight, and bid at the same time. It would be very easy to snipe me there.

People on the forum like to pile on with "you should pay attention", which makes me wonder how many of them are getting away with this trick. Another player called it "economic warfare": I don't think this should be an accepted game strategy. When one player "wins", another player ends up losing enough to quit the game and grumble about it to their friends so they go as a group to play another game where they won't feel so cheated. I hope the GMs will consider auction sniping a bannable offense, which will nudge players toward treating each other with more respect.

You have my sympathies.

I used to be bid-scammed. Lose 15g prior-Silverforst patch was painful when gold was more scarce, but I got recovered quickly thanks to luck and grinding in days later.

Tips to avoid being bid-scammed:

-Beware of copper war where people bid up copper by copper. This is a trick to make you lose patience and give up the bid at cheap prices, or an attempt for a bidding fever to bid-bait players.

-To avoid of copper war, you can ask the leader to change the minimum amount to 10 silver. People don't often complain, cuz what they want to bid often worth more than 10 silver, and what are lower than 10 silver are often worthless to them.

-Don't spam Y or place your finger on Y button. Use your mouse to click the button, and move your cursor away from the bidding window to avoid misclicking. You have 10-15s to check the price and think. No one rush you to be the highest bidder to win that item.

-Manually input your price. You won't be able to get scammed this way, because your own input price doesn't change with the bidding fever.

-Try to settle with a price where you feel the most willing to give in. If the item is over-budget, just pass it and be done with it.

-If you see worthless items and doesn't want to take part in the bidding, just Pass them in the loot list. No more worry about pressing wrong button, and it helps to skip them to nicer items.

- -If you get scammed, you can keep your money by quitting the party immediately. Scammers will follow the suit, cuz they don't want to pay their own prices. You will lose the loot and the bidding money from other items, but at least, you still have your money, while the scammer will also not get anything.

Archived