got scammed with bid system

Akyzo

2 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

How is this anyone else's fault but your own?  I should expect this though as society today wants to blame everyone else for their screw ups.  Grow a pair and man up and realize you are the only one the blame in the situation.

ok . so i can abuse bid system too . i've seen so many ppl spamming bid . ez money -.- ( and i didn't spammed i pressed right before he bid / i didn't had time to see how much he bid)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DomiSotto said:

The guy is a jerk. So, if you notice that you bidded more than you wanted, you have to click "leave party" before the 10 seconds run out?

he passed immediately

So, you can't even leave? That's just sick, really asking for the abuse. Should at least have a notification that the upbid was more than 5x of the previous bid. The game warns you of every little thing after all.

EDIT: I also can't believe the folks saying that it's on the player, not on the obvious cheat.

28 minutes ago, Akyzo said:

not spam , i pressed in the same time( after 0.3 sec ) with the guy who bid 140+  ( he had a friend  so he waited and passed right before i bid /  so if  i had time to see how much he bid and pass he could leave and reset the bid )

Seriously, what a scum. This is one examply of why the community is so toxic.

Just now, Yuina said:

Seriously, what a scum. This is one examply of why the community is so toxic.

yea... and i'm not the only one who got scammed with this method . thy can add pop up window with " do you want to get "x" item for " x " amount of money and if u press no the guy who bid less than you will get the item ( if anyone else pass)

1 hour ago, Hrssss said:

If you press bid almost at same time as other person either your bid counts if you pressed faster or its says bid failed if you were slower. so dont lie about 0.3 secs

No, your bid is adjusted upward immediately unless you manually edit the bid amount before bidding. If you ever bid the minimum amount, you risk hitting the button at the exact frame it updates, giving you a much higher bid than you intended. This is not avoidable with human reaction times.

3 hours ago, IncredibleOne6 said:

This is why I manually type in any bid I want. If someone place a bid higher than what I'm typing in it won't let me bid. I like this system and have no problem with it.

That's a janky workaround for a fundamentally broken system.

5 minutes ago, Nattia said:

people defending the scammer... this community is so toxic

I'd argue the "toxic" bit of the community are the ones who want their hand held through every little transaction. How about taking a bit of responsibility for ourselves here?

Seriously, guys, the OP was a bit absent-minded, and the other guy had an obvious intent to con another player. I for one hope that OP reports and that NC acts upon the report. Gods be good, the game has enough cheaters and unpleasant surprises.

5 hours ago, IncredibleOne6 said:

This is why I manually type in any bid I want. If someone place a bid higher than what I'm typing in it won't let me bid. I like this system and have no problem with it.

^^^ This right here is probably the best solution to avoid bidding too high. It's a little annoying to have to type in numbers when people are rapidly bidding, but there's no chance of accidentally bidding away your fortune. 

I'm sorry that happened to you, and I don't think it's right to blame you for a crummy thing some other guy did. Yeah, you could have taken more measures to prevent it, but to say it's your fault is silly when the other guy is the one in the morally wrong.

5 hours ago, Ninfu said:

You did not get scammed by anyone. Your own fault :)

51 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

How about taking a bit of responsibility for ourselves here?

48 minutes ago, Hrssss said:

its his fault for rushing.

This is not the right way of thinking. You guys are saying that the guy who caused him to overbid did nothing wrong? So if a criminal robs a store, is it the store's fault for not having better security locks/alarms? That's not how it would work. It is the criminal's fault; he is the one who did something morally wrong. Sure, OP could have taken more measures to prevent this, but that shouldn't shift blame from where it belongs, with the guy who purposely tried to get a large amount of money out of OP unfairly. You -can- say that OP should've been more careful, and in this or that way, while still admitting the other guy did wrong. I hope none of you find yourselves in a situation where you are a victim, whether in a mere game or in real life, where you are blamed for being a victim.

16 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

I'd argue the "toxic" bit of the community are the ones who want their hand held through every little transaction. How about taking a bit of responsibility for ourselves here?

I don't think you understand what the word "toxic" means. Failure to meet your arbitrary standards for personal responsibility does not qualify.

It is a trick; perhaps not a scam exactly. There used to be a similar trick played in the WoW auction house - you put up a bunch of identical stacks of some cheap crafting material at 50 copper a go, with one in the middle that looks identical but is actually priced at 50 gold. You hope that someone will come and buy the lot quickly assuming that they really are the same.

I think people do this to get more money out of it. When someone wins a bid,  you also get a return back. I'm not sure exactly how much but for ex if you won a bid at 1xx gold, everyone would get quite a bit of cash.

I didn't read the other posts and I'm sure they have said the same thing. Bid carefully and slowly and leave the party if you made a mistake.

54 minutes ago, Abaxial said:

It is a trick; perhaps not a scam exactly. There used to be a similar trick played in the WoW auction house - you put up a bunch of identical stacks of some cheap crafting material at 50 copper a go, with one in the middle that looks identical but is actually priced at 50 gold. You hope that someone will come and buy the lot quickly assuming that they really are the same.

it is indeed a scam and should be reported as such:

Definition of scam -  to swindle (someone) by means of a trick

To OP - just send your screenshot to support. You won't lose anything by doing so. I've been seeing these scammers way to freqeuntly lately and if I see someone doing this trick, I'm going to screenshot and report it - just because I hate scammers.

Pretty sure it's not TC's fault.

I see 4 people bidding on the screenshot. The first 3 members and Akyzo being the 5th member.

After Akyzo bids, they all pass, giving him little to no time to take action.

Coincidentally, the first three members are all from [DE] Frostgipfel?

I believe this is well planned and organized scamming. From what I see on their character infos, they are quite successful in their endeavors.

On a side note; What's wrong with the community here?

Kicking a person who's already down? Watching and waiting for the next person to mess up so you can express your much needed opinions.

He might have been careless (which he was not in this case), but it's absolutely not his fault.

Makes you think what people would do in real life if there are no consequences, doesn't it?

Bullying, stealing, discrimination, etc..

But hey, it's a game. Feel free to do whatever you want, bring to light your deepest and darkest desires.

blablabla...

How come it might be an abuse if there was no spam? He definetly wanted that ss for that price but unfortunately you overbid him. You should leave the party next time if things like that happen.

Archived