Sprinkles

Melee and PVE

This is not a whining crying post. Just pointing out some observations I've made while playing melee in PVE. 

I've been playing MMOs since they were invented in the 90s. By far, this is the most anti-melee game I have ever played when speaking of PVE. I could careless about PVP so I'm specifically talking about PVE. 

Most games have some semblance of balance between range and melee. Melee are ALWAYS  harder to play, but there are normally pay offs; reward vs risk. They normally have more DPS and perhaps individual buffs that make up for the lack of time on target. (In other games) Boss fights normally involve mechanics specifically targeted toward range to slow down range dps and reduce range's time on target. BnS is the exact oppose of what makes sense.

In BnS, melee has crazy amounts of mechanics working against them reducing their already low time on target. Mechanics that cannot be block or avoided unless you run away. The game doesn't even follow its own rules of white hits and yellow aoes can always be blocked, while red aoes need to be iframed. There are plenty of white hits that cannot be blocked and plenty of yellow aoes that cannot be blocked either. They can only be iframed or completely avoided. This leads to melee running away and avoiding tons of stuff which makes their dps go down significantly while range just pew pew pewing the entire time. 

Take Mushin's Tower Floors 7 and on. Every floor is designed to work against melee while range just sit back and pew pew. There are countless examples in other dungeons as well of range having no down time and melee standing around waiting to attack. Open world Silverfrost is wretched but a perfect example of anti-melee mechanics. Not to mention they keep nerfing melee classes and adding more and more anti-melee mechanics because they cannot control the bot problem. If you don't know what I'm talking, simple ask yourself why Destroyer's have ZERO base Critical.  

This will never happen, but I would like to see some forward movement toward balancing melee vs range. This is a freakin martial arts game for Christ shake. A few common fixes could be, all melee classes having person burst buffs with short CDs. Like 5s buff that gives 25% more crit damage with 20s CD. Something that can be used always considering the short time on target melee have. Increase melee DPS while significantly reducing range DPS to balance the time on target differences. Add mechanics to bosses that reduce range's time on target. Stuns that only effect range for example. Environments that force range to attack something other than the boss to accomplish an objective. At the very least follow the rules set for the game. White hits and Yellow AoEs should always be blockable while Red AoEs must be iframed. 

It's truly sad that a martial arts game caters so much to classes that having nothing to do with martial arts. By far the hardest classes to play are Sin and KFM yet there is absolutely no reason or reward to play them. I play a KFM simple because I cannot see myself playing a martial arts game with a class that isn't martial arts. It sure as hell isn't because the KFM benefits me in PVE whatsoever. LOL 

Anyway, open for discussion. Not looking for leets or trolls saying "play range" or "my melee is amazing" and "learn to play" bullsh!t. If you want to response, how about some thoughtful input about mechanics and time on target issues. 

Edited by Sprinkles

100% agreed. Playing melee in this game is just a big headache and u end up losing the benefits that ranged class have like easier mushins, soulstone plains...I picked up melee bc i thought would be more fun but it's just a big pain even to find a party  (all players prefer ranged class) either to complete the dungeons. I have so much crap to dodge that i end up losing my dps or i'll just die, a sin not doing dps is just useless... So what's good in playing melee? i wish to know...

Edited by xCandyBear

Taemek   

Playing Melee in this game requires good twitch movement response and low ping <75ms, its as simple as that.

If you are a somewhat lazy player and expect to just powerhouse through stuff by not dodging and iframing, then you will soon learn the very frustrating and hard way, that isn't how the melee mechanics work here.

If you want to have an easy time and pew pew, ranged is more your style.

Edited by Taemek

pixymisa   

Grindtooth and the terrors are the biggest FU to melee i have seen so far. Who thought it was a good idea to have a boss like grindtooth that charges +20m half the time and does yellow and red aoes the other half?

Rinehart   

Idk what you are talking about mmos having melees doing more damage. In most mmos, mages deal high damage with their draw back being low durability.  In most mmos, none of the melees are dps machines except for the rogue/thief classes which, guess what, in this game, Assassins have theoretically the highest single target dps. I say theoretically because unlike ranged they still have to take time to dodge and re-position and the like.  In boss fights like terrors, if the tanking player is ranged then the terror will do a pull.  What this means is that a full party of ranged is not likely going to do well (there are ways around this).  My point is that melee in this game aren't really meant to do damage.  They have their own roles:

BM/KFM: Tank and provide party support buffs (Winged Guardian, Fighting Spirit, etc)

BD/Des: Grab boss/cc for party utility (let the party get in a few seconds of uninterrupted DPS)

Sin: High damage and party buffs (Smokescreen, Fighting Spirit, etc)

Furthermore, I see time and time again that ranged classes don't fall under the martial arts trope.  Stop thinking just about Bruce Lee and his hand to hand combat.  In Chinese Wuxia mythology, there is something known as inner power which can allow the user to project energy/elemental beams and other sorts of forces.  In regards to Summoner and Warlock, shamanic practices is also common.

In this game, if you want to damage, you play a ranged class.  It's as simple as that.  Each class offers something different to the table and each class has a role that they excel in, despite there not being the "healer, tanker, attacker" trifecta.

Edited by Rinehart

range is much much easier in this game. Also a lot of times range and cal also kite for a little bit.  If you want an easy time and good dps play FM.

MGT   

Yep all us poor melee are destined to a life of no damage while we block + iframe through entire fights only to trigger grab combo's for everyone else.

Not like the FM/SMN have anything to worry about, until that is they pull hate then just RUN around the entire room nerfing melee dps completely

(Blade call/lightning rod for BM es e.g) or everyone else who needs to right up it's trumpet to actually do anything and not just hear 

"You cannot do that right now". repeated 50 times through a simple fight just made harder. Stay still and tank it if you going to blow it up with no regards for every other person in group. 

Those with no melee in group can ignore this completely as most often cats are tanking everything.

''hey grab this boss for me that needs 1% dmg done to get loot, so i can spam even more than i already am, while you do no dmg and get nothing in return'' (i love playing destro :D)

Kounat   

I have to strongly disagree with you here. Some things are a bit harder for melee classes, but overall, things are pretty balanced to me. I main Destroyer and Warlock (one completely melee and one ranged with a shield) but have been playing for a few years so I have at least SOME experience with everything. The ranged classes in this game are squishy and have low hp/defense. It's true that ranged classes deal higher dps, but classes like KFM and BM are tanks that can grab and hold the aggro on bosses and such while still dealing high amounts of damage while also gaining different boosts for acting as a tank. Destroyers are the ultimate crowd control class that can stun/daze/knockdown and hold bosses to disable them/protect the entire team from certain AOEs. Sin is another class, that even though it's melee, has insane dps but it needs to be played a certain way (dodging attacks at certain times, staying invisible at other times. The last melee class would be BD which does plenty of damage itself, but also has some CCing benefits like Destroyer has.

Melee classes have a role in BNS and though it's not clearly seen in some of the content we have now, I assure you it'll become more clear in time. Honestly though, tanks are required for a lot and kitty can't be depended on to constantly tank as it does have its cooldowns and BMs/KFMs that know how to tank, do a much better job at it. There are plenty of things that are better to do as a melee class, but many open world instances are a bit easier as a ranged class because as long as there's enough of you and the dps is high enough, a field boss can be completely destroyed before mechanics are even relevant. For dungeons and solo instances, there are many places that melees are needed and ranges are not. In my opinion the perfect team setup is a BM/KFM, Summoner, FM, and Wl - why? Simple, the BM/KFM tanks the boss while providing decent dps and occasional ccs; the Summoner can protect the whole team with dandelion, grab aggro if the BM/KFM slips up, and also provide occasional CCs; the FM can shield the team with ice and provide high dps; the Warlock can momentarily tank if it has to, provide high dps, and boost the team with Soulburn. Now... if we remove the BM/KFM there's no longer a tank and one slip up can OHKO any member of the party - the boost from KFM also vanishes as well as the HM block from BM. If we remove the Wl, we can easily replace it with a KFM or a Sin since they can also provide a boost to the team and deal dps. FM is strictly dps except in some rare instances where AOEs need to be avoided but KFM can also ice and sometimes the dungeons have other mechanics to avoid being killed by AOE blasts (collecting ice at Yeti or holding off on scorpions in Necropolis).

Some things that are wrong with your post:

1 - Pretty much everything besides status effects have ways to be avoided, and most of the time, even those have ways to be avoided. All Yellow AOEs CAN be blocked. All red AOEs CAN be iframed - only ones that cannot are enraged boss AOEs (the red blasts when the timer has run out)

2 - Destroyer have 0 base crit because the class has the ability to disable everything, whether it be a boss or a mob - it's also built to keep coming, even by taking damage they get back mana/focus/mp. It's so much easier to do Mushin's tower as a Destroyer than any ranged class IMO. 7 and on is where you're struggling - how? You can pretty much stop Junghado and Mushin from doing anything because as long as you know their mechanics you can stun/daze/kd them before they even move/attack you. What are your stats? If it's not mechanics, then maybe it's your stats that are holding you back and you need to upgrade your gear?

Your post is confusing, in open world you apparently can't do enough damage fast enough and in dungeons you seem to struggle as well. I'm thinking there's a high chance your stats are just awful.

Melee classes have lots of utility to them, there's no need to shoot them down or complain about them, there are plenty of players that'll agree with how good/useful they are. Black Wyrm would have been a struggle for the first month or so until people upgraded gear enough, if not for KFM/BM tanks. BSH4 was a joke for a team of all Destroyers to run through when it first came out because of their ability to take hits, lift all the bosses, and keep hits coming. Sins can do pretty much everything from 1-50 (except purple dungeons and some open world bosses) without ever being seen by the things they're attacking. Blade Dancers are one of the most versatile classes in the game with the most speed, great dps, and benefits from 3 other classes (BM attacks, Destroyer's spin, and FMs grab) easily making it one of the strongest classes out there. There's nothing wrong with melee classes, they just require more, in some places, than ranged classes do, but they're well worth the effort.

NN13   
1 hour ago, Kounat said:

I have to strongly disagree with you here. Some things are a bit harder for melee classes, but overall, things are pretty balanced to me. I main Destroyer and Warlock (one completely melee and one ranged with a shield) but have been playing for a few years so I have at least SOME experience with everything. The ranged classes in this game are squishy and have low hp/defense. It's true that ranged classes deal higher dps, but classes like KFM and BM are tanks that can grab and hold the aggro on bosses and such while still dealing high amounts of damage while also gaining different boosts for acting as a tank. Destroyers are the ultimate crowd control class that can stun/daze/knockdown and hold bosses to disable them/protect the entire team from certain AOEs. Sin is another class, that even though it's melee, has insane dps but it needs to be played a certain way (dodging attacks at certain times, staying invisible at other times. The last melee class would be BD which does plenty of damage itself, but also has some CCing benefits like Destroyer has.

And I have to completely disagree with YOU. Not some things, MOST of the things are not-so-rewarding for Melee classes in this game. And there is only one reason for that - Rewards in this game are based on pure DPS.

BM and KFM can tank a lot,true. Destroyer can lift even the largest boss, true. What is not true is that these things are useful for that particular melee class. Yes, obviously if a BM tanks or Destroyer lifts the boss, FMs,WLs and Summoners will appreciate that, but unfortunately, we melee DO NOT get rewarded for making life easier of everyone. Instead, the pew pew FM gets more rewarded thanks to us tanking or lifting bosses.

Different boosts for acting as a tank? I don't know about KFM, but as a BM, I sure as hell do not get any type of boost.

Problem with BNS is not the fact that melee are supposed to play a different role in the game, the problem with BNS is that it does not reward me for playing the class in the way it is supposed to be played. BNS does not reward me for tanking the boss and making the life of my team easier. It rewards me for DPS. So, essentially, although melee are supposed to do a different job, the game does not want melee to do that job.

As a Destroyer, you can lift the Terrors in SSP for your team/faction members, but the game would not reward you for that.

Major example of this is Enrage timer making many bosses immune to damage. When Mushin 7F came out, I went to kill Junghado. A funny thing happened. I could not output enough DPS to kill him before Enrage timer hit. So, after the enrage timer started, I survived each and every one of his hits for 10 minutes straight, because I am a BM. But, unfortunately, I still could not win, since Enrage timer made him immune to damage.

So, basically, the game wanted me to output DPS like a FM, but did not consider the fact that I am not supposed to DPS like a FM, I am supposed to survive like a BM. Let the enrage timer hit, but why make Junghado immune to damage?

1 hour ago, Kounat said:

Melee classes have a role in BNS and though it's not clearly seen in some of the content we have now, I assure you it'll become more clear in time. Honestly though, tanks are required for a lot and kitty can't be depended on to constantly tank as it does have its cooldowns and BMs/KFMs that know how to tank, do a much better job at it. There are plenty of things that are better to do as a melee class, but many open world instances are a bit easier as a ranged class because as long as there's enough of you and the dps is high enough, a field boss can be completely destroyed before mechanics are even relevant. For dungeons and solo instances, there are many places that melees are needed and ranges are not. In my opinion the perfect team setup is a BM/KFM, Summoner, FM, and Wl - why? Simple, the BM/KFM tanks the boss while providing decent dps and occasional ccs; the Summoner can protect the whole team with dandelion, grab aggro if the BM/KFM slips up, and also provide occasional CCs; the FM can shield the team with ice and provide high dps; the Warlock can momentarily tank if it has to, provide high dps, and boost the team with Soulburn. Now... if we remove the BM/KFM there's no longer a tank and one slip up can OHKO any member of the party - the boost from KFM also vanishes as well as the HM block from BM. If we remove the Wl, we can easily replace it with a KFM or a Sin since they can also provide a boost to the team and deal dps. FM is strictly dps except in some rare instances where AOEs need to be avoided but KFM can also ice and sometimes the dungeons have other mechanics to avoid being killed by AOE blasts (collecting ice at Yeti or holding off on scorpions in Necropolis).

I do not know what content needs my tanking help, but as of now, it is really frustrating to fight Terrors in SSP as a BM, because if I agrro and tank for the team, I do not get a chest. That is what the game rewards me for making the life of other characters easier.

So, I repeat the same question - Yes, as a BM, my job is to tank with some burst DPS and quite a few CC, but what reward do I get for doing this?

This is the main problem melee have - Reward. We DO NOT get rewarded for tanking.

1 hour ago, Kounat said:

Some things that are wrong with your post:

1 - Pretty much everything besides status effects have ways to be avoided, and most of the time, even those have ways to be avoided. All Yellow AOEs CAN be blocked. All red AOEs CAN be iframed - only ones that cannot are enraged boss AOEs (the red blasts when the timer has run out)

2 - Destroyer have 0 base crit because the class has the ability to disable everything, whether it be a boss or a mob - it's also built to keep coming, even by taking damage they get back mana/focus/mp. It's so much easier to do Mushin's tower as a Destroyer than any ranged class IMO. 7 and on is where you're struggling - how? You can pretty much stop Junghado and Mushin from doing anything because as long as you know their mechanics you can stun/daze/kd them before they even move/attack you. What are your stats? If it's not mechanics, then maybe it's your stats that are holding you back and you need to upgrade your gear?

Your post is confusing, in open world you apparently can't do enough damage fast enough and in dungeons you seem to struggle as well. I'm thinking there's a high chance your stats are just awful.

I do not know how long you played the game or if you played BM, but you are completely wrong with point 1 -

1. All red AOEs can be iFramed. Infact, everything can be iFramed, because well, its an iFrame. This part is right.

However, not a single yellow attack can be blocked FOR ZERO DAMAGE in the Silverfrost dungeons. I say this as a BM. Be it Yeti's slap, Scorpion Queen's blade or Naga King's shield dash.

Even if I block these attacks, I still take like 10% of the damage I would have taken if not blocked. Like 500-700 damage. Now I know that this damage is not much, but the point is that the game is not true to what it taught us all the way to Moonwater Plains.

Please make me understand how it is fair that melee can not TOTALLY block yellow attacks, while Ranged can be out of range of these attacks altogether. In the Silverfrost Dungeons, I can not do one thing properly which my class was designed to do. Block is BM's unique feature. That is the thing that defines a BM. And now, we can not even block the whole damage from Yellow attacks.

1 hour ago, Kounat said:

Melee classes have lots of utility to them, there's no need to shoot them down or complain about them, there are plenty of players that'll agree with how good/useful they are. Black Wyrm would have been a struggle for the first month or so until people upgraded gear enough, if not for KFM/BM tanks. BSH4 was a joke for a team of all Destroyers to run through when it first came out because of their ability to take hits, lift all the bosses, and keep hits coming. Sins can do pretty much everything from 1-50 (except purple dungeons and some open world bosses) without ever being seen by the things they're attacking. Blade Dancers are one of the most versatile classes in the game with the most speed, great dps, and benefits from 3 other classes (BM attacks, Destroyer's spin, and FMs grab) easily making it one of the strongest classes out there. There's nothing wrong with melee classes, they just require more, in some places, than ranged classes do, but they're well worth the effort.

Yes, Melee has utility. But BNS DOES NOT reward me for my utility. It rewards FM or WL or Summoner for using my utility. I stun/CC boss and thus lose DPS, and the game goes on and rewards the ranged for DPS'ing the boss during that time interval.

True, BW would have been a struggle if not for us BM/KFM. But did we get rewarded for helping the whole freaking faction? ABSOLUTELY NOT. The ones that got rewarded are the ranged classes and why? Because we BM/KFM tanked while they were DPS'ing the boss.

Therefore, melee classes are NOT well the effort. We do not get rewarded for our effort.

EDIT - Just so you know, I play BM and FM, BM being my main since I find FM pretty boring. And it is infinitely easier to play as an FM than as a BM. So, I am not just saying things. I have experience about what I am saying.

Edited by NN13

Tykea   

I am fine with iframing everything the boss does as a melee, the only problem is the low cast time on those AoEs. Thanks to our shitty servers, and because of the fact that 20+ players in a boss fight turn this game into a lag feast, you see the red circle, press your iframe, and it's too late - boom you are dead. At least give us a second to react to those things, and don't expect us to be psychic.

And the chaining of those AoEs is sometimes ridiculous. If you manage to iframe one attack, there will be a second and third AoE following within 2 seconds, for sure. Give us a 10 second break, will ya?

Edited by Tykea

You said you play a warlock as range. I got a FM and warlock and the FM output much more dps than my warlock. OH FM does have a lot of defensive skills. DV, Ice armor, ice stealth...... just name a few.

Yamyatos   

I dont have a problem with dungeons and stuff. Also not with mushins tower. It required more skill, but that's to be expected when playing meele and i enjoyed it. 

What really is annoying is doing these open world or 24 man events such as terrors, soulstone plains and grand harvest where you will hardly get to even survive as a meele. I'm not even talking about skill. It would be much less annoying if the game had a stable connection with good fps all the time, but the servers are broken (i live in germany. Ping jumps between 30 which should be what i always have - and 230... which shouldnt even be possible.. and that every few seconds or even more often. And there are a lot of people having this problem. It's not my ISP btw.) and the game's engine is not especially made for mmorpgs which causes huge performance loss with many players on the screen, even if you turn down the settings. 

Of course, on top of that there are really unfair mechanics like the irregularily spammed mechanics of the terrors.

So jeah, i sorta agree. You can easily play dungeons and stuff in this game, but if you want to do all content without living in the house next to the server farm and a 2000€+ computer, then playing ranged is the option to go.

Zuf   

Yeah, it's absolutely unfair to melees.

It needs to be addressed. It will never happen.

luzt   

It wont happen no,

If those range classes weren't introduced to the game it would have never stayed alive for so long in Asia.

Just imagine those people playing em, also summoning 3 Sunbros and 2 White phantoms at Covetous Demon in Ds2.

While they are shooting their Soul Arrows from a safe distance. (people killed him blindfolded)

In general people want the easy way out, get their rewards asap.

Because its all about them rewards and not about the boring gameplay of standing still as a turret while pew pewing

7 hours ago, NN13 said:

However, not a single yellow attack can be blocked FOR ZERO DAMAGE in the Silverfrost dungeons. I say this as a BM. Be it Yeti's slap, Scorpion Queen's blade or Naga King's shield dash.

Might be due to your evasion stat

On topic, I agree for the most part. My fps suffers in open world and makes it really hard to dodge and combo at the same time. Even in dungeons with a lot of particles.. I wish I was able to run and gun from afar instead of blocking. 

No surprise I also agree, I've played and have every class to max with the exception of Assassin (LV 23 as of writing this) and BD (LV 42 as of writing this)

During my KFM I had to resort to guides from Godrik to even find a viable build and customize into my current one which works like a charm now to even fight the simple mobs.

Destroyer was so fun smashing my enemy to bits, but vary my build to the type of enemy I'm facing, Player, Boss and small Mobs.

Blade Dancer is by far the worst experience, the weakest defense I've ever had with a class and requireing perfect ping to time deflects and similar to KFM I needed a guide to get anywhere.

Summoner.... Left and Right click....

Force Master.... Spam Lc, Rc and 2.  And funny enough with force master I beat almost everyone in PVP with nonstop freezes and ridiclous damage output.

The Blade Dancer despite being a close range fighter had worse defenses then a Force Master because not only does a FM fight at long range, has back step and 2 side steps in a frontal direct that can teleport behind an enemy if close enough but thier defenses double when you max the ice buff. The only draw back I felt while playing these classes is that they are boring. I don't even play Summoner anymore other than to grind easy soulstones in moonwater. All you have to do as FM is to mash to win unless you're against a player whom knows how to counter you like BDs.

But diffrent strokes for diffrent folks likely the classes won't change as the easy mode range are for the more Casual Audience, not saying hardcore players won't play them but thiers more fun in the challenge. Why do you think Dark Souls is so popular with the hardcore demographic? People like challenge but it doesn't stop me thinking that FMs and Summoners got it 10x easier then all Melee. Hell when I fight BW I always use FM because it's so easy and safe and reward is garenteed. Only recently faught him with my Destroyer and lucky enough to get the dam reward and all this like beating Mushin while having only 3/4 or less then my highest damage output melee class. (Struggling to beat first form Mushin as of right now with 470 AP Destro.... beat mushin up to his 3rd form as FM with only 370 AP maybe even less.

Always keep in mind though without you amazing tanks out there whom play all these melee classes, most FMs would be screwed without you especially you the outright needed Blade Master whom probably doesn't even get a reward cause he's too busy tanking for the little guys.

:)

Edited by ReignDarkness
Didn't add class

so.. nerf range dps , put the AOE's towards range sounds good.. then they should remove 55% of melees iframes then, cause you dont need it right? and buff the damage of melee after that.. everyone happy then?

Unsheath   

It's true that melee got the short end of the stick in this game. Having played mostly melee classes myself (sin, bm) switching to ranged (wl, fm) was so much easier and so much more rewarding. Having known the pain of trying to catch a boss some ranged decided to tank by running circles, whenever I get aggro (rarely since bombardment is best spec'd at non threat-gen) I tank it from 3-4m distance. Granted, this is on WL which has a block, on FM is involves near constant strafing 2-3m from boss.

IMO, it would be very interesting to see all of the bosses getting tweaked to use yellow/red zones that hit only after 8m or something along those lines. Then perhaps things would be more balanced and less people would complain about not getting rewarded for their effort on 24m zones (which are still horribly optimized but that's another topic). As of now, ranged can and will safely pew pew from afar and come on top of most PvE content without nearly as much effort as melee.

Edited by Unsheath

2 minutes ago, Unsheath said:

IMO, it would be very interesting to see all of the bosses getting tweaked to use yellow/red zones that hit only after 8m or something along those lines. Then perhaps things would be more balanced and less people would complain about not getting rewarded for their effort on 24m zones (which are still horribly optimized but that's another topic). As of now, ranged can and will safely pew pew from afar and come on top of most PvE content withouth nearly as much effort as melee.

I also think that this is the best solution wihtout wildly nerfing here and there ... Introduce some ranged AOEs that begin at a certain range, so ranged have to dodge too. Not as much as a melee has too, just ~half as much. 

Rinehart   

Simply to respond to OP's gripe that classes like BM and KFM do not get rewarded for tanking, how about let a ranged tank? The amount of kiting out of your AoE dps (particularly for BM's Lightning Draw and Blade Call) will make you want to pull your hair out.  In fights like Blackwyrm, yes the tank will be dealing less damage than the FMs that his tanking will allow to stay at a distance but man you don't want BW to be spouting poison at your feet all the time.  Yes you are making life easier for your teammates by tanking but you are also increasing your own damage output by tanking.  

BM tanking = more cyclones = more focus = more time in Draw Stance = more damage

BM tanking = boss stays in place = full damage from Blade Call and Lightning Draw

bad range tank = less chances to block = less cyclones = less focus = less time in Draw Stance = less damage

bad range tank = boss moves around = forcing to chase down boss = severely less damage

If you don't see the reward from tanking then uhhhhh idk what to tell you.

To Fuel the fire a large example of this would be fighting Terrors in Misty Woods faction base on a BD.

A Terror can easily tear into a BD in a couple hits doing close to 70% of our health in GREAT gear.

I try to be behind a terror as good as I can but there's just so many AOE's that my 5 Resist Guardian Tempest, q, e, and Triple bubble from V, cannot keep up with how fast the boss is being burned. One rotation he did a half circle>full circle (3 hit spin)>Charge AOE>Charge AOE>Red aoe> Red aoe> full circle (3 hit spin). With flawless evading I can dodge most of it and sip a pot coming out okay but I lost so much DPS time that I might not get the loot. I know other melee classes don't have the luxury of the amount of resists that a BD has which proves negative results in Melee classes missing area boss loots due to forcing themselves to Evade or die.

would be already good enough if they would increase melee attack range by 1 or 2m. and increase the cone so that mobs are hit even at an 180° angle. just a thought though. but the game is already so old, I dont believe that it will happen^^ what do the koreans play? mostly ranged? they also must have same issues

Edited by Minity SN

Kaid   

This game wasn't made with balance in mind, but $$$ in mind :)

Nope, will never happen. Deal with it.