why so much selfishness from level 50 people?

RextheonE

It's the 3rd time that i'm trying doing blackram narrows in cross server and i have always party members of lv 50. all are going to hasty (img lv 20) and i can't fight like them...  so...  many times i have been trapped by fire and never receive reward from dynamic quest.i can't evolve my weapon for this reason. Please, more consideration for the low lv people. that's it, ty :C

48 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Why are Level 50 people even running that to begin with?

Yesterday's daily includes Blackram Narrows.

and yes.. im also got killed by fire yesterday because of over eagerness.  they just rush ahead.. start boss fight and forget that there's a teammate behind.

If it were me..i will use "No man left behind principles"

dunno why people queue in cross-server for that one at lv 50 and screw over low levels in party while doing it :l

I guess "might as well do it and get it done while I'm on cross-server" being the reason...

But honestly at lv 50, you should be able to just walk in there from your own server and solo it .-. Unless people are being stingy about like 5 silver windstriding fee to Viridian Coast x.x

Oh. Right. That stupid daily challenge.

Well. I would wait for others. But then again I am not a complete *cricket* wanting to kill people in fire.

They really should've done what Tera did, just have a door that triggers to lock the arena after the fight starts. Having fire that kills people just gives an impression of sadism on the part of whichever developer put it in, and I have seen one (just one so far, but still there, mind you) player actually do this on purpose to kill people behind and admit to it.

This is yet another one of those reasons I prefer to solo.

It's unfortunate that NA's unspoken rule is "be a jerk."

I do want to complete the dungeon as fast as possible, but not if it means others have to suffer for it. Really, the level 50s can go into open world zone and solo it with ease instead of making the level 20s suffer.

But honestly at lv 50, you should be able to just walk in there from your own server and solo it .-. Unless people are being stingy about like 5 silver windstriding fee to Viridian Coast x.x

It costs like 40 something copper for just taking the Zaiwei port to Jadestone Village for no cost, and then porting to Blackram Narrows.

Thanks to the Achivement Merchant you'll get people running it for that too but it's honestly easier just to cross server it with the rest of your dailies.  I'd only solo it if I was grinding for outfit. Sorry...

But with that said I'm not a rushing jerk-wad and I wait for every last personsometimes to the dismay of the other 50's and end up dead in the fiery pits of doom but it goes the other way around too, sometimes a lower level think they're suddenly invincible just because there's a 50 on the team so they dive in and get an insta wipe ha.

It's not the games fault, it's the people :/

Not everyone is jerk though :)

Yes, it is the people. I wouldn't even run a dungeon below 45 randomly over F8 for the daily. It doesn't matter which dungeon, People should wait for all, at least at the bosses where fire starts. What I personally hate is when People are afk for ages in the beginning. Then I also don't wait if it's not necessary but if the Person isn't in range, he won't die due fire so it's ok I think.

11 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

It's unfortunate that NA's unspoken rule is "be a jerk."

I do want to complete the dungeon as fast as possible, but not if it means others have to suffer for it. Really, the level 50s can go into open world zone and solo it with ease instead of making the level 20s suffer.

It costs like 40 something copper for just taking the Zaiwei port to Jadestone Village for no cost, and then porting to Blackram Narrows.

ah yeah forgot about the port from Zaiwei hahaha

But yeah you can just go in and solo with no problem as lv 50...and people would rather just queue it up in F8 while they're doing other dungeons I guess :l

I am one of those lvl 50's too that do the dungeon for the achievement a few runs every day.

However i always do it via xserver mainly because i let the low 20's tag along and make the run faster for them. I always wait till all members are there before engaging every fight. the few seconds wont kill me and it helps others so why not.

Most ppl are just jerks.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am one of those lvl 50's too that do the dungeon for the achievement a few runs every day.

However i always do it via xserver mainly because i let the low 20's tag along and make the run faster for them. I always wait till all members are there before engaging every fight. the few seconds wont kill me and it helps others so why not.

Most ppl are just jerks.

I do the same from my end , also try to go to all the dungeon areas on my server from Lakeside onwards , trying to help people who need help standing around there . 

@OP : If you are on Yunwa, message me , i can help you with narrows

Well is all the lvl 50 jerks. I always wait for the low levels. I hate to say this but the whole group got kill by this Sin who just went ahead to kill the boss. This isn't the first time a Sin does this lol.

I think for the dailies there should be a special version of the dungeons like only lvl 50 can enter and they do more damage and every mob and bass have 5x as much hp.

Or they could make it that you won't complete your daily if everyone in the group is not in the room to kill the boss. It will force people to wait.

In all fairness, this game wasn't originally made with western gamers' tendency for dickish and selfish behavior in mind. So you can only go so far in blaming the game for shit like this. That's on people more than anything else.

Also, as some have already said, there're stuff like daily challenges and achievements. For the latter regarding Blackram Narrows in particular, there's one where you have to kill the Devourer in less than 4 seconds IIRC, aside from the one requiring to run the dungeon 100 times. Add that to the newbies farming stuff like Blight gears to evolve Hongmoon ones and the like... so people should learn to just wait for other to catch up or go with premade parties. It really shouldn't be that hard to try to speed run stuff without screwing up others in the process.

55 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

In all fairness, this game wasn't originally made with western gamers' tendency for dickish and selfish behavior in mind. So you can only go so far in blaming the game for shit like this. That's on people more than anything else.

Its Exactly like Tsuchiryu said, like I said in another post you will rarely run into the mentality of asian players here.

Its all ME ME ME and the rest can (insert bad word here , altho we all know what it is) it

Apparently most of those 50ties r also stupid enough not to know that you can leave the prty and solo the dungeon.

I always wait with my high lvs and if some 50 rushes ahead killing others I just quit prty and find a better one.

If its low char that run ahead and kill peeps by fire I will not help them and I wait and let em try and die to bosses so if maybe they can learn not to kill anyone by fire , at least I can only hope.

In fact I played for years in Asia and I never had any issues there.I was doing act V and even VI(In 6 man due to ping) dungeons just fine via F7 without any comunication.I did there everything you can think of without problems at all and it was fine...here I can't even imagine doing asura with pugs.I did tried once and it was horrible - i`ll stick with my static for it.Sad part is Asura is not even hard,wasn't hard even in Asia with 50% of the dmg we have now but the inc dungeons will get harder and harder.Forgotten tomb and underground prison will be nightmare with pugs...

It just really depends... I ran those on my lv50 Sum and I never rush... When I was your level, I had those lv50 in my team before and I dislike that. I never understand the logic of "let's rush it"

I usually just leave the party and find another, but before I leave, I tend to just say "If you are that much in a hurry, maybe you should not play or just go solo it" XD

One option is to see if the lv 50 people rush and then rush with them. They will most likely aggro the mobs anyway so you have safe route to follow them. Unfortunately lv 50 think they can simply rush and kill their team just because they have a bit more AP.

8 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

One option is to see if the lv 50 people rush and then rush with them. They will most likely aggro the mobs anyway so you have safe route to follow them. Unfortunately lv 50 think they can simply rush and kill their team just because they have a bit more AP.

Doens't work with a Sin. They just go invisble and rush! Leaving all the mobs to attack you instead.

1 hour ago, spongemike said:

Doens't work with a Sin. They just go invisble and rush! Leaving all the mobs to attack you instead.

Personally I've never seen that happen in the endgame zones. What I have seen is that 99% of the time people would rather rush in and not wait for me to pop stealth ON THE ENTIRE PARTY whether I ask them to wait or not. Even if there's another sin in the party, I see non-sins rushing ahead before them.

People are going to have to learn one day not to disregard party stealth, both the yolo assassin and the yolo non-assassins.

On 30/4/2016 at 9:20 AM, Vivien said:

Loading screen, 1 to viridian, 1 to dungeon, 1 to go back = 3

Cross server = 1 to go in, 1 to dungeon, 1 to go back = 3, plus the one to load cross server and go back = 5, but when i join cross server i do all my daily and some dungeons, so i pref this way. If i do the first option (Windstride to viridian) it aslo would take 5 loading screen cause i'll join cross server later to do another dungeon

Anyway, if there are low lvl ppl in my party (usually not, cause i go with clanmates) i'll wait them and everyone should, or don't queue with them -_-

I'm a level 50, i experienced it with other level 50s who said to me and one other guy who downed in the fire, "SUCK IT UP AND GET BBQ" because the other guy who downed with me said "can't you guys wait?" 

17 hours ago, Charly said:

Loading screen, 1 to viridian, 1 to dungeon, 1 to go back = 3

Cross server = 1 to go in, 1 to dungeon, 1 to go back = 3, plus the one to load cross server and go back = 5, but when i join cross server i do all my daily and some dungeons, so i pref this way. If i do the first option (Windstride to viridian) it aslo would take 5 loading screen cause i'll join cross server later to do another dungeon

Anyway, if there are low lvl ppl in my party (usually not, cause i go with clanmates) i'll wait them and everyone should, or don't queue with them -_-

Which is why I said " I guess "might as well do it and get it done while I'm on cross-server" being the reason... "

I can see why for those that have long loading screen time, as I just queue up the blue lv 50 dungeons as well while doing heroics.

If they really just wanted to do it in xsesrver and not have other people to drag them down, people could join until they get into the open lobby (not the queue up dungeon one but where you can access bank) and leave party and go back inside to just solo it.

But I guess that's another 2 loading screens huh :l

Was in the path of exilies with a lvl 50 HM 5 WL, lvl 46 summoner, me lvl 50 FM and 3 other lvl 30lish. WL doesn't even help anyone just rush in and shut 3 ppl out of the first boss fight. I got piass and told him to wait for everyone and if he is in a rush he can leave party and do it on his own.

I then leave party. I refuse to run with any high levels with no regards to anyone.

Archived