Forums

How in the world do you beat Junghado?

Shenron02

I've been stuck on Junghado for a week now, the *beep*er made me use 3 fortune potions and 3 Skips to F5... I'm a lv 50+1 Blade Master with 400 AP and 43,5K Max HP, check all stats if you want LightSpeedTooSlow. I've been really frustrated since my 10th try to beat him, it went over 30 tries which resulted into 0 wins, every single fight he is somewhere between 10% and 15%, and then either timer runs out or he air combo's me for 30k hp damage because I misclicked ONCE. I need tips on what items to use, if I should level up more before I do it more, if I'm completely missing the point, what should my rotations be etc. This has been really frustrating for me, that frustrating that I've thought about quitting for a while if I can't rip out his balls, feed it to him, make him vomit it, grill it, blend it, and sell it on ebay... Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone could tell me his move pattern, that'd be great!

you need to change your build specifically for this fight, dont use a build you use in other 'normal' content,  use all your stuns, knockdowns and dazes, and Watch your CD's always keep something available same goes for your i-frames, that is how you beat Hado on every class, bassically keep him 'tied up'

Junghado is basically DPS race mixed with CC (the more the better and knockdowns are especially effective if you keep attacking right after) to keep him from freezing and interrupting you with his attacks. Plus iframes and/or block for his Lightning Draw attack (the 4-hit combo right after he sheathes his blade, right after red AOE). It's easier said and done, though, and you may need to respec some stuff to be better prepared.

It's the kind of question people who actually play BM would be more qualified to answer, since each class has their own methods. The above is just a general idea of the strategy I use as a Destroyer.

39 minutes ago, orianthi said:

you need to change your build specifically for this fight, dont use a build you use in other 'normal' content,  use all your stuns, knockdowns and dazes, and Watch your CD's always keep something available same goes for your i-frames, that is how you beat Hado on every class, bassically keep him 'tied up'

Yeah so this is a good start. You want to try to stun lock him and combo as often as you call.

Also make sure to use have a 5 times stack of the defense buff from the mushin's dumplings (They are fairly cheap in lobby, 4th floor, 6th floor)

Make sure to pop a 6 second invincibility potion if you see that dragon strike attack (the red aoe around him) when your defense skills are on cooldown. I think the 3 second potions are trash. Use 6 second ones.

Are you sure time ran out? I thought so on my destroyer but my first clear my ap was low like yours as I saw the dreaded 3x dragon strike. That usually killed me in the last 30 seconds. Once I survived all 3 I beat him with like 5 seconds left. (As destroyer used shield on first one, potion on second one, iframed third one) Once your dps gets higher and/or you stun lock better you wont see that attack as much.

Also try to find a BM clear video online. That helped me how to survive a little bit better. In retrospect I agree with what the NPC's say in the tower that the floors help you to learn your class.

12 hours ago, mzerohdl said:

IYeah so this is a good start. You want to try to stun lock him and combo as often as you call.

Also make sure to use have a 5 times stack of the defense buff from the mushin's dumplings (They are fairly cheap in lobby, 4th floor, 6th floor)

Make sure to pop a 6 second invincibility potion if you see that dragon strike attack (the red aoe around him) when your defense skills are on cooldown. I think the 3 second potions are trash. Use 6 second ones.

Are you sure time ran out? I thought so on my destroyer but my first clear my ap was low like yours as I saw the dreaded 3x dragon strike. That usually killed me in the last 30 seconds. Once I survived all 3 I beat him with like 5 seconds left. (As destroyer used shield on first one, potion on second one, iframed third one) Once your dps gets higher and/or you stun lock better you wont see that attack as much.

Also try to find a BM clear video online. That helped me how to survive a little bit better. In retrospect I agree with what the NPC's say in the tower that the floors help you to learn your class.

I asked a friend if stacking dumplings help, he said it wont do anything drastic, but I'll try it anyway. I saw the timer go down, but I think I just don't have enough experience to beat him as efficiently as another guy I saw on YouTube with 379 ap and 36k hp. I suppose I just need more ap since I don't have the experience to predict and/or counter him, and I think 15~20 should do it. I'm pretty new to this game, can anyone tell me the most efficient way to increase my ap? I don't have a soul and I have a 25 ap gem on True Profane.

This is the video.

@Shenron02 the BM in the video also couldn't properly predict Hados attacks, he blocked half the fight and just tried to stay the whole battojutsu duration for max dmg (note: RBM on battojutsu stance deals more dmg to stunned targets etc.). I tell you in pve you need good offensive stats you try to aim for and hp is not worth as much in pve as it does in pvp I guess you been using full defensive soulshields.

To note: further than 8m all mobs switch to ranged stance aka change attacks.

To hados pattern.

100-50% (idk he dies too fast) hado will start fight with 3-4 slashes that should ice you, he will SS after, switching to battojutsu, 3x frontal swing, 1x charging up (you can X on him during this animation to stun), after charge stun + mario kart attack, then charges frontal unblockable skill on the floor (easy to dodge), repeat. 50-30% he will do same pattern but after 3x frontal slash he will SS again and dash to you and do the rest of his pattern. For random ice puddles or if he starts charging swords behind his back just CC him or stand in a empty place.

30-0% hado will sometimes do the red circle super sayan move (dont stay in there), then dash 3-4 times (just block like the bm in the video).

P.S. you can't kill him once he reaches enrage timer (thats why you need offensive gear and skills, endless tower food is just to make yourself less vulnerable

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2016 at 8:53 AM, MushinKFM said:

@Shenron02 the BM in the video also couldn't properly predict Hados attacks, he blocked half the fight and just tried to stay the whole battojutsu duration for max dmg (note: RBM on battojutsu stance deals more dmg to stunned targets etc.). I tell you in pve you need good offensive stats you try to aim for and hp is not worth as much in pve as it does in pvp I guess you been using full defensive soulshields.

To note: further than 8m all mobs switch to ranged stance aka change attacks.

To hados pattern.

100-50% (idk he dies too fast) hado will start fight with 3-4 slashes that should ice you, he will SS after, switching to battojutsu, 3x frontal swing, 1x charging up (you can X on him during this animation to stun), after charge stun + mario kart attack, then charges frontal unblockable skill on the floor (easy to dodge), repeat. 50-30% he will do same pattern but after 3x frontal slash he will SS again and dash to you and do the rest of his pattern. For random ice puddles or if he starts charging swords behind his back just CC him or stand in a empty place.

30-0% hado will sometimes do the red circle super sayan move (dont stay in there), then dash 3-4 times (just block like the bm in the video).

P.S. you can't kill him once he reaches enrage timer (thats why you need offensive gear and skills, endless tower food is just to make yourself less vulnerable

Yeah I've beat him about a month ago. Getting the extra 10 ap really helped I kept getting stuck on the part where he does multislash and freezes me and the "taunt" stance counter, flash step, knockup. That used to do 80% of my hp, but now that I've got 70k hp and 480 ap, I can defeat him in about a minute. Thanks everyone who tried to help me, I appreciate all of you <3

Archived