Force Master bugged

wpgsux

about 60 % of the time I attack a mob from range they reset. I have to run towards them to keep them from resetting. The problem is much worse since the patch on the 27th.
There is nothing in "Known Issues".
I’ve posted a video clip of the problem to YouTube.  The video is poor quality because I recorded it on my camcorder.
(tried a free screen capture program but it wouldn’t work.

The video clearly shows the mob resetting multiple time.

response from Tech Support:

Upon checking your request, it is intended for monsters to have their HP Reset if they are bound by a certain skill and the said caster of the skill is out of their range. It is more like of an enemy recognizes that he is being attacked, but doesn't know the source of it being too far away and the system resets its HP instead.

In other words, it won't be fixed.  FM's are not a ranged class.  (working as intended)

Well, it's really bad designed. I think it happens if you are out of range of the mob. It doesn't happen against bosses or big Monsters because they either jump to you or grab you followed by an nearly instant kill (necro ftw). The range concept is shit in that game. If you have aggro and are Standing too far away will result in what I mentioned earlier or a reset. You have to go in melee range as fm in that game what is really useless. Same in PVP anyway because you can't kite and every class can either attack from range or jump to you.

This is a martial arts game, not a shooter. Get in there and pummel them. On a more serious note, yes you have to get in close, but its not that bad. Most trash mobs you just have to take the hits as an FM. I normally run and gather mobs before killing anyways. Makes it go faster.

For most mobs if they target is more than 8m away they switch to "ranged" mode. That means they will throw something or try to jump/charge at target. If they want to jump/charge and they can`t do it because of root/freeze/chill they will reset. The solution is to keep your distance from 5 to 8m. They won`t hit you with their melee atack if you are 5m away from them and they won`t switch to "ranged" mode either.

Forcemaster may not be the problem.  Problem may be the new zones.
I rolled a new FM and I am at level 25.   I start every fight from maximum range and
have never had a mob reset.  When I log on to my lev 50 FM problem returns on almost every mob.
I noticed the problem getting worse after the patch on 27 Apr.
I'll keep watching to see what zone it starts happening.

It's a zone problem, definitely. Had that happen to one of these mobs with Destroyer of all classes. But I haven't been in that zone ever since the update that brought it, so I dunno for myself if they actually fixed it.

10 hours ago, wpgsux said:

Forcemaster may not be the problem.  Problem may be the new zones.
I rolled a new FM and I am at level 25.   I start every fight from maximum range and
have never had a mob reset.  When I log on to my lev 50 FM problem returns on almost every mob.
I noticed the problem getting worse after the patch on 27 Apr.
I'll keep watching to see what zone it starts happening.

That`s because at low levels mobs doesn`t charge/jump when you are too far away. I`ve noticed this reseting thing at higher level mobs (moonwater area) already when the game came out.

Archived