New and infatuated

Trufasa

I'm gorwn up adult which has been playing mmos 12 years of his life and I'm not here to troll or "fanboy" anything. I'm stating obvious stuff which is happening NOW as I alt-tab back into the game.

I dare you to make char on Greenhollow and level until Everdusk, these folks are:

- not wearing hongmoon uniforms (we appear to have 3 lvl 40+ ppl here ganking opposing faction members)

- moving around, talking with each other

- got equiped mostly that starting black-red quest reward uniform

- completing daily stalker prize wheel quest (at least 5-6 people there non-stop, for 2 consecutive days)

I have no intentions of discussing this any further. Just make a character and check for yourself.

Now I'm actually glad I picked Greenhollow, because from what I see, other realms are having population issues while here I can't walk 10 seconds without meeting someone (at least in zones I've been so far) 

On 4/29/2016 at 1:05 PM, Tsuchiryu said:

I say you go with those who said not to pay much heed to forums here. Not that some of the complaints here don't have any merit, but some love to accentuate the negative... sometimes the positive too by being in some sort of denial about certain things.

Keep your forum lurking limited to finding a clan in your server and/or the occasional help/tips with harder/trickier elements. Just try to enjoy the game at your own pace and you should be fine.

You're no better than the rest when it comes to not letting go. Take your own advice and learn to let go altogether instead of making these posts.

I let go long ago.  Doesn't mean I can't lurk forums to stay up to date on how the game is failing, I'm also helping others move on from this disaster.

54 minutes ago, Cetra said:

I'm also helping others move on from this disaster.

I'd rather have newcomers try out the game regardless. Yes, it is kind of beginner-unfriendly right now, but with more newcomers in the game that -- and this is very important -- don't spend a single cent, NCsoft will hopefully get their act together since they are losing out on potential Ncoin buyers, 'whales' notwithstanding. At least newbies can give the game the benefit of the doubt that way without the sometimes overtly negative forum feedback bias from users such as you: try for a bit, stick around if they like it enough or leave if they don't, which, by not spending money in the game, will be easier since there will be no risk of 'sunk cost fallacy' in play.

So nope, I really don't think you're helping others as much as you think and, quite frankly, I'd rather you did not. More non-paying gamers beats less players than bots and it's less harmful than the 'vaguely-supported opinions posing as truisms' thing you're pulling here.

The only group of folks the game is friendly to are folks with quite a few hours a day to play the game, who are quite good at playing video games, and, with a noticeable gender bias as well. It has a very narrow cultural focus for the audience it is trying to capture. Peculiarly, it is not actually oriented towards audience that is capable of having income to support a serious hobby.

I can confirm that Greenhollow has a healthy newbie population which is nice. I know, cause i am playing the game at my own pace (aka taking my dirty sweet time with everything). Which i strongly recommend you to do as well. 

Also you usually encounter the most nice and/or fun people in the lower areas.  Try to ignore the negative/lolelitist habit of some of the higher level players. It´s more ridiculous then in Lineage 2 back in 2005 (never thought to see that many frustrated kids in an mmo again). I suppose this game does something with people as they progress like... pumping them full of dark chi or whatnot. xD

22 minutes ago, weaponzero said:

I can confirm that Greenhollow has a healthy newbie population which is nice. I know, cause i am playing the game at my own pace (aka taking my dirty sweet time with everything). Which i strongly recommend you to do as well.

Depends on the server. My level 7 had not found a single other player around Pyres to kill the Stalker on Friday night on 2 channels, and my level 31 Warlock is waiting for 3+ minutes to do green leveling dungeons in x-server. He also had OW PvP area in Cinderlands to himself last week. The only way to do a 24M area, up to and including the Frostscale Basin is to run it with a premade group. The only place I see other people are in SSP and GHS.

I suppose this game does something with people as they progress like... pumping them full of dark chi or whatnot. xD

It's just a natural reaction of someone who is feeling overwhelmed by the list of things to do, and being perpetually a pauper in the game's terms. Every time I look at the list of mats for the next upgrade, I can't help but to feel negative.

few hints and usggestion

- dont read whiny thread, or come to forum just to whine

- dont rush content. u need your time doing the stuff u need to do. take your time.

- find someone to play with or a friendly guild. it will help.

Hahaha. This was a fun read to come back to.

To be honest I've encountered quite a few new players on the servers I've tried. Sometimes it could be a little dry but coming from WoW and WildStar I'm sadly getting used to Single player MMOs.

I want to accuse hackers for my abysmal performance in PvP so far but most likely I'm just not ready haha.

I can see why you guys are having issues with the game and tbh I have a few gripes.

Mainly crafting.

This game is such a grind.

But crafting.

It's farmville.

Disappointed!

On 29. 4. 2016 at 4:29 PM, Owondiah said:

Wanna see dead game, go play Wildstar and Rift (games i'm coming from)

BnS is literally swarming with players everywhere you look in lowbie zones. I assume it's pretty much the same at level cap.

I'm not leveling alone, unlike in many maaaany other new mmos.

are you sure theyre not bots? cuz lowbie zones are quite deserted, with tons of destro with funky names

Nope. We've talked. We've danced. We've ran some dailies.  I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time I was tricked by a robot. *Damn you Sharooon!*

How low level do you consider lowbie zones?

On 2. 5. 2016 at 8:17 PM, weaponzero said:

Also you usually encounter the most nice and/or fun people in the lower areas.  Try to ignore the negative/lolelitist habit of some of the higher level players. It´s more ridiculous then in Lineage 2 back in 2005 (never thought to see that many frustrated kids in an mmo again). I suppose this game does something with people as they progress like... pumping them full of dark chi or whatnot. xD

cause some ppl play this game from start, love it, and see where it goes, every day worse and worse, bots hacks spammers, and whats really frustrating, dev response is ZERO, only cashgrab boxes

Hi and welcome on board! :) 

The game in my opinion is awesome, but I don't deny it has some problems: bot, hackers, community (for last one anyway it's enough a good antidote :D).

Are you playing on NA or EU? If EU maybe we'll meet in cross server, if you are playing on Hao District as well feel free to contact me for any help.

@Trufasa: About your question of lowbie zones, anything before Act 3 and even some stuff early and mid Act 3 could be considered lowbie, if your definition of it is 'increasingly barren'. Luckily, much of that stuff that is required to progress the story and your gear isn't hard enough to require a party if you are sufficiently skilled. Of course, you may still try to find a party, but expect getting more than 3 people in PUGs to take a bit longer, especially with green dungeons. Most world bosses have been having this tendency of having very few, if any, other people around to help you without you explicitly requesting help, although 2 or more players are enough if you can't solo them (and pretty much all of them are soloable).

And if by crafting you mean guilds, then yes, it's a general consensus around here it sucks ass. Now, if you mean gear progression, that's a bit less bad. Just a bit.

i will admit now, I'm on the EU, the bot problems are MUCH Smaller on our servers in comparison to NA.

however, tbh a lot of players due to a bot/hacker problem, are very quick to accuse anything of one of the either options, I've been accused of "botting" in dungeons, I've been accused of "hacking/macroing" in Arena, yet both are completely false, any player who persistently farms Outfits, Any player who can Ani-cancel Really well in Groups or PvP will be accused, I used the hongmoon outfit for AGES, its the only good Option for jin for quite a while after, I think I swapped when I got Stinger for the first time, yet I aint a bot, I just generally liked the hongmoon outfit also, we're hongmoon students after all :D.

the amount of arguments I see about Macros/botting/hacking is unrea; where as a Population people accuse one another continuously after every duel, do I aknowledge, theirs a bot/hacking problem currently yes, however I feel its Inflated and bias, People are making out as if there is ALOT More bots then there truly ALOT are far too quick to jump the gun before accusing a player.

Blade and Soul does have some problems (On EU we only really suffering Summoner hackers who are currently right at the top of 1v1 arena) Outside of that, I have 2 chars I pvp with a Blade dancer and a Assassin, I have seen 1or 2 bots, however on the Larger scale Majority have not been. I'm on Ebon Hall, and tbh even though we arnt the biggest server its got Plenty on it, I'm even on the Losing Faction (we're ALOT less then the Crimson) and its still got a lot of players around.

however some servers are dying, this game has ALOT OF SERVERS.

Welcome to Blade and Soul. Hopefully your stay is enjoyable, for however long it lasts.

Regarding the bot thing...isn't Greenhollow an EU server? I don't know how it is over there, but so far what I've read of those on EU servers is that the bots are nowhere near as rampant as they are NA servers.

It's a great game for the story and leveling, but at 'end game' when you hit 50 and see the costs of gearing, it turns into a slave job and PvP is totally unbalanced and messed up. NCSoft require us to play each and every class for countless of hours to learn every combo and counter so that we can progress in Arena, otherwise ridiculous things can happen like a KFM killing you in one single combo, or a destroyer spinning you, grabbing you, slamming you to death, or a BD resisting every single thing and CC-ing you to death, or a Summoner smashing flowers in your face as his pet sits on you until you die, or an assassin who sits in stealth through the whole match and waits for you to waste all your cooldowns then does a combo that'll kill you in one go, and on and on and on.

Archived