New and infatuated

Trufasa

Hey I just started playing a few days ago and I'm in love.

I've never been too involved in an MMOs community before even though I've played many others.

Playing this game has made me want to be as involved with this game as much as possible.

So I guess this is just a hello everybody and thanks in advanced for any tips you want to send my way.

- Trufasa

Until you hit the speed hackers in SSP.

Until you hit the speed hacking/perma invisible+perma resist sunflower spamming summoners in PvP

I wish you luck enjoying it.

Because lots of quit because of how poorly this MMO is handled by NC$oft.

If you want to enjoy the game as much as possible, you should stop reading the forums. So many people crying for no reason on the forums, but the game is a lot of fun :) Just play with some friends, who are like-minded and have fun.

18 minutes ago, Tykea said:

If you want to enjoy the game as much as possible, you should stop reading the forums. So many people crying for no reason on the forums, but the game is a lot of fun :) Just play with some friends, who are like-minded and have fun.

The forums are just pointing out the truth (mostly), this game is awesome but it is full of problems that ncsw is doing nothing to combat. The rate at which this game is shrinking due to unabated cheating is actually mind boggling. I hate the negative attitude here as well, but eventually there comes a point where you have to realize this is ncsw fault. They are ignoring the in game issues and creating the bad publicity for themselves. 

How hard could it be to have a couple intern gms on each server right click banning bots and hackers. 

10 hours ago, KatHead said:

The forums are just pointing out the truth (mostly), this game is awesome but it is full of problems that ncsw is doing nothing to combat. The rate at which this game is shrinking due to unabated cheating is actually mind boggling. I hate the negative attitude here as well, but eventually there comes a point where you have to realize this is ncsw fault. They are ignoring the in game issues and creating the bad publicity for themselves. 

How hard could it be to have a couple intern gms on each server right click banning bots and hackers. 

The game isn't shrinking, the player base is getting larger and larger every day.

Anyways.

@Trufasa My advice to you is take it very steady because if/when you get caught up with the competitive side of the game(world and arena pvp, high tier gearing) you're going to tear you hair out. The amount of time it takes to gather mats via dungeons is time consuming and not to mention the toxic phag players, most of which translate into miserable ugly af souls in real life, that try their best to make it hard for beginners and veterans alike.

Go at your own pace, do what you want to do wear what you want be what you want. Forget opinions, forget elitist morons that work at fast food joints or something, use trial and error to learn class skills and weaknesses. Also, when you come to face the hackers/bots/spammers...take a deep breath and just walk away. They aren't worth the rage/trouble, besides, taking action into your own hands against them will only put your neck in a noose...irony abounds...yes but this is how the game is managed so far. You have to come to  just chill or you can rage endlessly like most forum posters are doing which, in all honesty, is justified majority if not all of the time.

Wanna see dead game, go play Wildstar and Rift (games i'm coming from)

BnS is literally swarming with players everywhere you look in lowbie zones. I assume it's pretty much the same at level cap.

I'm not leveling alone, unlike in many maaaany other new mmos.

1 hour ago, Owondiah said:

BnS is literally swarming with players everywhere you look in lowbie zones. I assume it's pretty much the same at level cap.

Yeah, no. I don't know which server you're talking about, but I can tell you that it's not Yehara. What BnS is swarming with in low lowbie zones is bots, not players. You'll get a handful of players here and there, but I have honestly met more bots during my latest alt's leveling process than real people.

By the time I still played Wildstar, after it went F2P, it definitely had a far higher player-to-bot-ratio than BnS already seems to at this point.

You've really made me curious, now, though. Which server is "literally swarming with players everywhere you look in lowbie zones"?

And you don't mean Destroyers wearing the Hongmoon outfit, I take it?

Hiya and Welcome :)

I hope you will enjoy the game and forum :)

I played all other MMO games out there(before BDO came out.) and this is Not as social as others. Just a small tip for you.(you did ask for tips.)

My first MMO, well, that was UO... OMFG!!! We have and oldie here :P Please, if you dont know what UO is, for love of G.. look it up. It was the BEST game out there! Untill all the whiners won and then they gave players a new world in the same game called Trammel.. Where players could be safe from getting killed by other players. ANYWAY, back to year 2016, this game is good and can give you A LOT of fun PvE.

From level 1 to 49, just sit back and enjoy the story quest line. It's fun and sad. (i wrote 49 and thats cause many people ends at 49 when the last chapter is done.)

Your only FORCED to equip a faction suit around 45/46ish to do the main story quest. DO NOT WORRY, you wont die. Just run over near the faction camp, then equip the suit and rush in, then do the quest. Go straight into the tent near you. Now unequip the suit and teleport out. Grats you done the quest without any death.

So you can go without running into any bots or griefers and whatnot and your not forced to play the end game.

Before you upgrade any weapon after 45. Please remember you can lose the gem sockets.(just another tip.)

Again, i Really hope you will enjoy the game and not get your hopes ruined by some of the things myself and others have.(not a whine reply.)

Don't worry the Honeymoon will be short and bittersweet.  It's a really cool game that has been completely fumbled by an inept company like their past titles.  Don't fall too in-love because you will end up heartbroken, it's better to move on asap.  Don't listen to the guys who suggest not reading the forums and ignoring these warnings, they're in too deep and make excuses for the disaster at hand because they simply haven't learned to let go.

I actually would suggest farming Faction rank to the second one (do a Faction quest daily 2-3 times) in order to make sure Mistywoods unlock prior to reaching level 45.  I di dit on my new toon right away. I saw just recently someone who could not get into Misty because s/he did not have a rank, and Cinderlands did not level up his/her Faction points.

Enjoy the game if you really like it. Try not to let the negative minority overwhelm and change your perspective and make you hate the game : P While it is true ncsoft could do a much better job communicating with us the game is very fun. I just hope the west version will get better managed.

I say you go with those who said not to pay much heed to forums here. Not that some of the complaints here don't have any merit, but some love to accentuate the negative... sometimes the positive too by being in some sort of denial about certain things.

Keep your forum lurking limited to finding a clan in your server and/or the occasional help/tips with harder/trickier elements. Just try to enjoy the game at your own pace and you should be fine.

2 hours ago, Cetra said:

Don't listen to the guys who suggest not reading the forums and ignoring these warnings, they're in too deep and make excuses for the disaster at hand because they simply haven't learned to let go.

You're no better than the rest when it comes to not letting go. Take your own advice and learn to let go altogether instead of making these posts.

2 minutes ago, Riepah said:

All the recommendations about staying off the forum should give you a good idea of the state of the game, anyway.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there sure is a lot of smoke on this forum.

There are lots of people trying to help and welcome new people. It would be sad if new people didnt come here. They can give valid points to things.

2 minutes ago, Bardo said:

There are lots of people trying to help and welcome new people. It would be sad if new people didnt come here. They can give valid points to things.

New people are great, and I approve of welcoming them. I just don't think it's a good thing to try to sweep this game's massive problems under the rug and pretend that everything's okay. Until NCSoft gets around to fixing some of the glaring issues, most prominently the rampant botting and hacking, players will quit faster than new people can take their place. New players in the game's current state are like sprinkling water on a rock that's swimming in lava.

3 hours ago, Owondiah said:

I play on Mushin, (MUSHIN mind you), and I can wholeheartedly refute this sentiment.

Lowbie areas swarming with players? Nah bro. Swarming with bots maybe, but not players.

8 alts, 3 of which are 50, 36, 25, 17, 11, 6. I speak from experience.

6 minutes ago, Riepah said:

New people are great, and I approve of welcoming them. I just don't think it's a good thing to try to sweep this game's massive problems under the rug and pretend that everything's okay. Until NCSoft gets around to fixing some of the glaring issues, most prominently the rampant botting and hacking, players will quit faster than new people can take their place. New players in the game's current state are like sprinkling water on a rock that's swimming in lava.

People forget, those things shouldnt be a problem for New players.

New players wont meet those PvP cheats, new players will be doing mostly PvE from level 1 to 45 and even 50 without meeting any of those.

Sure they meet bots at world bosses, but, that should be a problem for them, since the bots kill the boss and so they can join in and get the reward and complete the quest.

I have not seen any PvP problems while i was leveling my first 3 characters up, i was kinda a big question mark when people told me about speed-hacks and whatnot and now after i have 8characters i still didnt see any ingame. Thats cause im here to PvE.

8 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

I play on Mushin, (MUSHIN mind you), and I can wholeheartedly refute this sentiment.

Lowbie areas swarming with players? Nah bro. Swarming with bots maybe, but not players.

8 alts, 3 of which are 50, 36, 25, 17, 11, 6. I speak from experience.

I'm logged in right now in Greenhollow, trying to find certain music on from game on youtube.

Wanna screenshot of Foshi Pyres? At least 20 people here. (players, not bots... NOT bots) 

And 20 people for first/second lowbie zone is alot... go check out few "bigger" mmos in newb zones... ghost-towns.

Why do you think I lie? Any use of lying about such stuff? 

Just now, Owondiah said:

Wanna screenshot of Foshi Pyres? At least 20 people here.

Just to play devil's advocate here: are most of these 20 players wearing the Hongmoon outfit and/or are Destroyers/Summoners with cobbled together IGNs? If so, chances are a good chunk of them are bots.

I don't think Arcayne thinks you lied. More likely that you couldn't actually tell the bots from the actual players.

5 minutes ago, Bardo said:

People forget, those things shouldnt be a problem for New players.

New players wont meet those PvP cheats, new players will be doing mostly PvE from level 1 to 45 and even 50 without meeting any of those.

Sure they meet bots at world bosses, but, that should be a problem for them, since the bots kill the boss and so they can join in and get the reward and complete the quest.

I have not seen any PvP problems while i was leveling my first 3 characters up, i was kinda a big question mark when people told me about speed-hacks and whatnot and now after i have 8characters i still didnt see any ingame. Thats cause im here to PvE.

Maybe your server is luckier than mine, then. When I leveled my third (and fourth) character, I encountered more bots than players. Story dungeons had droves of bots going in and out, I am not exaggerating when I say that there were literally several dozens of bots per dungeon. At one point it was so bad that I, literally, counted a new bot every 1-2 seconds.

I'm not trying to drive new players away, mind you. I just want to be honest with them about what situation the game is in.

The game itself is great, but the way NCSoft is (or isn't) handling it is nothing short of atrocious.

Just now, Owondiah said:

I'm logged in right now in Greenhollow, trying to find certain music on from game on youtube.

Wanna screenshot of Foshi Pyres? At least 20 people here.

Why do you think I lie? Any use of lying about such stuff? 

I'm not accusing you of outright lying, but given that I play on what's probably the highest pop server in NA/EU, and I see mostly empty starter zones it's more than just a tad bit dubious. Even the Golden Deva and Pinchy bosses are mostly barren nowadays. What used to be popular hubs for players.

Archived