Anyone else starting to feel left out on this patch?

Enamour

Ya I am left out as well but that's ok I will just move on to another game when I get tired of doing the same thing over and over for money. XP events aren't the issue its lack of gold and they are not going to change that fact. If they really want to help players gear up then they need to up the amount you can make from quests and daily's or make soul stones and transformation stones and items needed for upgrading a common drop. After all treasure chests should hold some treasure not items that are common drops from everything. I have 337 keys 333 dumplings and 885 healing potions how about some real treasure in those daily boxes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, NekoBetty said:

I have 337 keys 333 dumplings and 885 healing potions how about some real treasure in those daily boxes.

hehehe I got 5 stacks (1000) of dumpling and healing tonics and around 700 keys from those dailies chest :P (probably 3000 dropped from trash mobs)

Would be nice we getting something better rather than same items I get from trash mobs almost every kills.

I haven't been able to get all 4 dalies done, not high enough geared, but at least the two I can, give the that extra fragment. And frankly I am sick n tired of fretting about being behind, so *cricket* it. I'm trying to focas on things I enjoy and taking my sweet time

I only feel left out when my friends quit bns. If you have friends to play with, why would you ever feel left out. You can do new content with friends, you may not ever complete it (if you're undergeared) but you can still participate with friends and get wiped with em. I think that's pretty fun. I think people treat bns like a chore and then complain about it. A clan isnt that fun to me compared to friends I've known for years. You can do stuff with clan mates, but they might get mad at you for wiping. It just makes everything seem more like a chore. "Only run these dungeons if you're #amazing". :(

20 hours ago, Kromede said:

My highest character AP is 472 and the rest of my clan are 500+ and highest one is 600 (we got a few at 600 AP), that's meant I never get invite to do anything with them accept some dailies like frostscale basin since more ppls = faster kill...That's it. LOL

I'm already said in some other threads that I can't keep up I'll just quit and focus on BDO since I'm already bough that game few month ago and didn't play it yet...

Our clan leader is the type that despise AP requirements. We actually took our sin that was in lower~400AP range to 4men Yeti. It wasn't smooth at all, but that was because our sin wasn't as experience at the time/can't see the dam snowflake. About a week later, we KO Yeti just fine. Its all about da skillz.

Yep and lots of people are already leaving because they are so far behind everyone else. There are issues when your 455 and people drop party's for blue dungeon's because your not 500+ to do blue dungeons now they are shouting for 500+ for lab and a few others. Ya people are going to quit if you grind for 5 or 6 days to make money to upgrade after a while you do not feel any accomplishment and you will not stay. NCsoft says they are working on the issues, just like they are working on the bot and hacker issues who have been reported time and time again every day and have yet to do anything about. They say they are investigating but we all are well aware of how long their investigations take. BLESS will be in NA long before NCsoft gets around to addressing issues that are killing this game and I for one will make the switch I will not remain in this game because its 0 fun to have to grind dungeon's for a week just to get a single upgrade.

22 minutes ago, Kaid said:

Everyone first reaction on treasure chests.

3365dcd.png

This just made me LOL, its what I've encountered countless times.

Why can't they just remove pot/dumpling from the chest reward list that's from purple dungeons?

4 minutes ago, Mistia said:

Why can't they just remove pot/dumpling from the chest reward list that's from purple dungeons?

I don't mind having dumpling or tonics, but give us something rewarding along, it's always either x1 dumpling or healing tonics, small chance getting x1 key or charm.

And those are "Large" purple dungeon chests. Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Yes, yes, thank you for the huge chest that complains that my inventory is full even if I know darned well that I got enough spaces to accommodate all the riches it's gonna bestow on me! Finally, upon rearranging the inventory... okay, here goes it....

I got the same drop from Mob#16942, plus 60 bronze.

Underwhelming much? Maybe if it gave a small portrait of Ctn. Picard, and 250 of these could be traded for a small pouch of soulst-....

That cartoon is awesome, made my day!

Gear is not stopping you from enjoying content. Join a clan and make sure to show you want to try everything, if your in a clan and it's not willing to be open to lesser geared players in runs, time to look for a new clan. My clan can easily accomodate lower geared players into our daily 6man dungeon runs, and we try to make sure we bring at least 2 with low AP thru per day to help make sure they can get those dailys done.

And if you wanna make the complaint "solo" player, then be mad ur left outta shit, what do you expect? The high school loner is left out of everything for a reason, and refusing to play alongside others in game pretty much 100% about grouping is going against what the game is about, expect it to add to the difficulty.

29 minutes ago, Mistia said:

Those chests are so crappy.

At minimum they need to make unseal charms 80% per box, and boost pickaxes by a lot (25-35% chance to drop wouldn't hurt). One of the things hamstringing the economy is just how gathering tools are rare and inconvenient to craft. I'd also suggest putting a couple soulstones in them.

Daily chests obtained from SSP should give 50% for SSP keys.

Upping venture token drops for all chests wouldn't hurt if done in moderation.

1 minute ago, Tsunakai said:

Gear is not stopping you from enjoying content. Join a clan and make sure to show you want to try everything, if your in a clan and it's not willing to be open to lesser geared players in runs, time to look for a new clan. My clan can easily accomodate lower geared players into our daily 6man dungeon runs, and we try to make sure we bring at least 2 with low AP thru per day to help make sure they can get those dailys done.

Gear is not the only issue at hand. If someone is unfortunate to join low-population server (didn't do any research, no real research to be done anyway, those # are not open to us), you can only see it by the posts in forum for each server as indicator. And no clan is recruiting new/low lv players, but you have already lvl up to 30ish. With no server jump option available. You can either cut your loses and create a new char. on a popular server or stick with or quit.

The frustration is real and tangible, because I had them myself.

24 minutes ago, Tsunakai said:

I always ask before pugging if anyone else needs the same things I do, but seeing I need level 45 stuff, and the new level 50 is out all the time, 'tis no wonder folks prefer other things, plus everyone's playing at a different time of day, so, it is fairly not easy to find the content everyone both wants and needs to do right now. Then you start another thing, and so on.... I come along trying out what the guys are doing, but with my gear, I don't get the rewards for the DPS-dependent content.

In another MMO I played it was far easier. There was a scheduled run every night on the Guild Calendar (and other events), you signed up, showed up, and went to do what was on the game's calendar, and maybe hit more things afterwards or re-run the Daily/Weekly on the alts, switching the roles. In BnS, because there are so many things, and they are all so important, it is hard to schedule stuff.

I have the ability to OP gear any one character. Thanks to 3 50's, (two of which are at stage 10 awakened siren), I can easily do most my dailies, (outside of end game purples like yeti but meh), and I get a lot of crafting for profit done. If I wanted to, I could easily support one toon to the 500 Ap super happy fun time epeeness mark in no time. Thing is, I honestly don't care.

Yeah, I can see how this game can easily make casuals feel left out in the dust. The gear requirements, (as per community standards), are getting ridiculous. Even the initial introduction period of Gear Score era WoW wasn't this bad. 

Given what I'm seeing as far as game direction goes, I'm more than pessimistic regarding this games long term viability in this region. Hence, my focus has shifted from gearing for PvP and/or end game effectiveness, to costume whoring.

I create alts, (spending an inordinate amount of time playing with/at the character customization screens), dress them up, do some dailies, dungeons, get bored, make more alts, rinse/repeat. Surprisingly, it's kindve entertaining for me, (for now), but it's a recipe for burn out. It's only a matter of time before I call it gg.

Still, if and when it happens, at least I did so after doing what I wanted to do, not what the community expected from me. That's, what the essence of MMORPGs are supposed to be all about after all. Free to play however you choose to. 

So don't stress it, forget reaching some arbitrary number set forth by the elite, just do what you want. You're game, play it your way! 

Now you're playing with power!

Yeah this daily challenge and all is a total joke. People are struggling badly in Moonwater cause gear upgrade costs any only p2w people and bots have been able to progress.

Soulstones are still PVP only and you need 1000 + to upgrade moonwater gear even with the "reduced" crafting costs, though gear didnt get reduced at all, and unless you are in the right faction you can only get 2 soulstones per day. So if you happen to prefer outfits of the minority faction or just couldnt get into the majority faction to get soulstones you are screwed over.

Worse the people that rush the old dungeons cause the daily challenge and so many taking the easiest 4 of the 5 are ruining it for low level/new players

This does not boost new player growth or access to the game, it only makes sure entry level into the game is ruined so fewer people start playing or more people quit.

They have their priorities wrong worrying about getting everyone up to level 50 HM 10 to be ready for some PVP nonsense world tournament with other countries when the majority of players don't stand a chance to be able to play the content because they lack the gear that other countries had 3 YEARS to get, not jsut 3 months we have had.

Content is too rushed, and NOTHING is being done to make it where ALL players have an even playing field. so NA/EU will be a joke in any World PVP Tournament because people jsut cant get into it, or dont hae the tie to PVP because they are so busy jsut struggling by to upgrade their gear to 3 patches ago.

Yeah it really seems that these updates are coming out way too fast. I know some people with no life are really happy but for those of us who work 8hours a day or go too school and can play just a few hours a night after dinner it will be many many months before we are geared well enough too experience these new epic instances. My GF and I are just about ready too hit the 1st of the epic instance from the last patch and now we have more.

Glad you all liked that cartoon :D took ~10min on paint.

@Shadzar Your post is pointing it straight forward what most other said/thinking.

They are trying to rush contents and contests asap squeezing every single $ they can, not giving shit about non hardcore players cuz they probably not p2w.

Only p2w players are their priority as it seems.

On 4/30/2016 at 5:49 PM, Kaid said:

Glad you all liked that cartoon :D took ~10min on paint.

@Shadzar Your post is pointing it straight forward what most other said/thinking.

They are trying to rush contents and contests asap squeezing every single $ they can, not giving shit about non hardcore players cuz they probably not p2w.

Only p2w players are their priority as it seems.

Actually, I don't think they're rushing content to make $$$, at least not directly.  They're rushing content because they really, really want this game to be an e-sport in the West, and in order to do that we need to be able to compete in the world championships, and in order to do that we need to be hongmoon level 20 (maybe 15? I'm not positive, but it's more than 10) and have access to all of the hongmoon skills.

I think this is a terrible decision, but I do think that's the reason they're doing it, as opposed to trying to get money out of people trying to keep up.  Most people have a set amount they can afford to spend each month, even if it's not an actual budget per se, and that amount doesn't go up just because there's more stuff available to buy.  I'm sure they are getting more money from the upper 5% of spenders or whatever, but they're also losing money from people getting frustrated and quitting.  I think if it wasn't for the e-sport thing, they'd be releasing the expansions maybe once every 4 or 5 months.

I find it a bit ironic NCsoft wanting to make this game e-sport-ready in NA/EU faster and yet apparently leaving much to be desired regarding how they handle hackers/bots in there. Can't help but think their priorities may be a wee bit skewed for a few things.

Although daily challenges kind of motivating you to at least try PvP a bit doesn't exactly hurt if you ask me. At least it's one more incentive besides Zen Beans.

Archived