Anyone else starting to feel left out on this patch?

Enamour

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My highest character AP is 472 and the rest of my clan are 500+ and highest one is 600 (we got a few at 600 AP), that's meant I never get invite to do anything with them accept some dailies like frostscale basin since more ppls = faster kill...That's it. LOL

I'm already said in some other threads that I can't keep up I'll just quit and focus on BDO since I'm already bough that game few month ago and didn't play it yet...

Personally, I haven't felt like that. Though I am kind of one of those people who has gotten to good enough gear to not be forgotten or left behind.

But when it comes to my clan mates, I guess they don't feel left behind even if they don't have the best gear since our clan still does everything together. We still help them upgrade their gear and get to the same level as me and a few other higher AP people to actually enjoy the other things we do.

Guess it all depends on who you're around since some people really don't feel like helping others even if in the same clan.

I feel like if NCSoft is going to push out content this fast, they need to help players who don't throw $1k+ on the game gear up too. Before the game came out, I thought that spending money on the game would just mean more outfits and luxuries. (cuz that's what they made it seem like) But now people who throw money at the game are the ones with 600+ AP. I like how the treasure trove was supposed to help us gear, but it only helped you IF you spent money on keys. I love this game but either you P2W or spend 5+ hours on the game every day. 

Also, I'm one of the lucky people who have a clan and I can't imagine being a solo player now and having to run with pugs. Even if you're in a good group, if you mess up, all you get is flaming idiots -_-' But I definitely feel left out this patch because people only ask the ones with the highest AP to run dungeons. And I'm saying this as a 520 AP Summoner...

Pretty much. I was hoping for at least the rest of the story (since they obviously have all of Act 1 done at least), but not even that. Just some more dungeons I can't run, some more floors of that tower I never run, and...that's it.

They acknowledged that this is an issue on today's livestream, and said they will be making changes to help people gear up.  They gave as examples the ongoing XP event and the increased frozen stinger drop rate, and said there would be more events and changes in the future.  As a related example, they said this patch was originally planned to include a separate legendary weapon path that is much more expensive than the one we ended up getting, but they yanked it because it would be too expensive for most people.

I got the impression from the way they spoke that they legitimately are aware that the gap between the haves and have-nots is too large and really will work on fixing it.  I cut them some slack here, they're being forced to make up these adjustments on the fly, because it's impossible to accurately predict what releasing all this content in such a short period of time will look like.  On a semi-related note, they said that the +AP gems from the trove event will be available to get via some non-pay method.

1 hour ago, Kromede said:

My highest character AP is 472 and the rest of my clan are 500+ and highest one is 600 (we got a few at 600 AP), that's meant I never get invite to do anything with them accept some dailies like frostscale basin since more ppls = faster kill...That's it. LOL

I'm already said in some other threads that I can't keep up I'll just quit and focus on BDO since I'm already bough that game few month ago and didn't play it yet...

Wow.  On my guild we just ran AD/Necro last night with just anyone who wanted in.  Yeah, I'm at only about 430, and 2/3 others over that, but the others all under 400.

5 minutes ago, Andrewgr said:

They acknowledged that this is an issue on today's livestream, and said they will be making changes to help people gear up.  They gave as examples the ongoing XP event and the increased frozen stinger drop rate, and said there would be more events and changes in the future.  As a related example, they said this patch was originally planned to include a separate legendary weapon path that is much more expensive than the one we ended up getting, but they yanked it because it would be too expensive for most people.

I got the impression from the way they spoke that they legitimately are aware that the gap between the haves and have-nots is too large and really will work on fixing it.  I cut them some slack here, they're being forced to make up these adjustments on the fly, because it's impossible to accurately predict what releasing all this content in such a short period of time will look like.  On a semi-related note, they said that the +AP gems from the trove event will be available to get via some non-pay method.

Ah! Thanks for this silver-lining pretty much. I'll probably just slowly keep working on my main using cross server or the such for now.

On a side note, I find it actually funny now that 510-520 AP is low q-q

11 minutes ago, Andrewgr said:

Thanks for that. i normally can't/don't watch the livestream. My internet normally doesn't really let it load properly or I can't keep up with everything they say xD

Same here. I don't really do much with my clan at all. Doubtlessly because they are all higher ap than me. And the people on map chat and talk channel are usually like bots. Meaning nobody offers helpful info when u ask. Altogether the community here is less friendly and not nice at all. Sometimes I wonder if they are bots in disguise.

hey guys, i made a topic for pve and pvp players, check it out... suggest, comment a positive or negative... let's make a topic that everyone who likes blade and soul may agree... and make the game better for us... if we make a seperate topic everytime blade and soul workers won't do anything for us.. but if we made a topic that people may agree on... they might reconsider some of it... so go and comment or suggest anything... hate comment or like comment doesn't matter, every opinion will be considered :D

This is true for me due to fact trove event drove me away and now im left behind and cannot dungeons/pvp or ANY decent party cause people asking for 550-600 AP and yet stuck at 506 ap :( so this has put me off so much i started playing BDO which more gear friendly

Well imagine you're a new player and not a 'wallet warrior' and you see all the AP requirements in the lobby for dungeons - I bet if you'll probably think about quitting before even starting. The divide between paying/non-paying players will just get wider with each update, not that AP really matters, but for a new player he/she will see those requirements as a norm. And being in a guild doesn't really help you that much: most of the time people just run with their static groups within the guild, so you're lucky if the guild you're in actually take the time to help you gear up.

Yea I met someone that had just came back to the game and naturally I like helping them. I thought about it though and was like...how the hell can she get back into the game? I mean duoing poh was pretty easy, and can cross server a few dungeons (thank god) but then it's like...if you wanted to run a dungeon just to funnel things to 1 person (taking time into account for this), everyone's pretty much afk or farming Asura. No one wants to come back and help the other people *usually* (I know there are others out there like me though that don't mind helping).

I think it's this inflated sense of feeling pressured to have better gear though. I found myself having it. I enjoy farming 4 man dungeons, sure. Even 3 manning them feels pretty nice. But sometimes you just wanna do poh6 or bsh (that cosmetic farm) but when you're in a spot like me where you can't quite solo bsh but the other person isn't quite geared enough to duo it...it's a sticky spot. The one thing I did like about my older clan was the fact that we'd happily take ANYONE to naryu/poh6/bsh and get them soulshields and such pretty much when they're 43-45. Too bad there aren't a lot of places (to my knowledge) like this.

I'm indeed feeling left behind.... Felt like that since silver frost came out... Now I'm at the point where I'm not even gonna go finish the silver frost stuff till I've upped my gear.... A slow daunting task because of the stupid low gear I have at 49.... Oh well I'll be a scrub for a few months. See you allay the next huge wall haha

don't worry...there are plenty like us. though even if i didn't feel like i was lagging behind people, it still may feel like the game is leaving us behind. as it were, i'd guess the majority of players are like you and me.

I JUST managed to beat Junghado for the first time with my 410 AP. You tell me how left behind I am. :P

At least the EXP event should motivate me to get my two alts through Act 3, plus lvl guilds faster. Good thing I got their Purification Jars already.

12 hours ago, Lukka said:

Well imagine you're a new player and not a 'wallet warrior' and you see all the AP requirements in the lobby for dungeons - I bet if you'll probably think about quitting before even starting. The divide between paying/non-paying players will just get wider with each update, not that AP really matters, but for a new player he/she will see those requirements as a norm.

This is also driving the players to make bad decisions on their gear. Everyone just focuses on getting high AP, throwing away their real dps potential, just so they can join more parties. 

Last night, a couple of my clan mates and myself wanted to finish cold storage for the daily challenge, so we went into cross server (3 of us), and decided to recruit 3 more. A summoner that joined us had 505 AP, but 3000 crit and 459 crit damage............

I think my FM has the highest AP of my 8characters and the 409 or was it 410, dont remember now while i write this. I gave up on this game a long time ago.

I mean, i gave up on the idea of playing with others(group clan etc.), kinda sad, playing a MMO where the chances of group fun is -80%. At least i could complete my characters to 50 and done story to chapter33 was it? Dont remember.

Maybe i'll find some real group action and social fun in the next MMO i join, if i ever join another new one. Pretty much played them all out there.

So you could say im also left out atm, but, thats not new to me. Sadly, but true.

I am honestly, out of ideas on how to get all the mats and soulstones and gold all at the same time. It feels like it is only one of the three each day I play, and you need a lot of each. I am doing stuff that was really top-nothch 3 or 4 patches ago, 'cause that's where my gear is at.

I think they aimed the game at 4+ hours of play a day, and that's just not the reality of life for me. I only have about 2.

They acknowledged that this is an issue on today's livestream, and said they will be making changes to help people gear up.  They gave as examples the ongoing XP event and the increased frozen stinger drop rate, and said there would be more events and changes in the future.

Which helps the players that managed to break the 450AP threshold prior to March 23rd. What about the lowest of the low who can't participate in the level 50 content because we are stuck on the level 45 content?

Archived