Impact T5S3 Damage Comparison

ShadowSync

Hi All,

As the title, I want to ask how much damage you do with Impact T5S3 compare with Blazing Beam.

For example with my current 510AP and 1700 Crit damage usually do 12k damage with blazing beam on burning enemy, will I do more with the impact?  (5 ember stack of course)

If yes than maybe you can point out around how much damage I will do with it?

I am in dilemma whether to sell or use the scroll I got just now..

With T5S3 Impact, on detonating 5 embers with it to apply a burn, it does about 2k or so less damage than 2.

So if you're doing 12k with your 2 on a burning target, you'll do 10k with application of burn. It's really good to use the book to learn that skill, as in a burn build, you won't lose DPS applying burn as the damage is almost negligible with the boost in your Impact damage.

My 2 hits for 15-17k, while my 1 hits for 13-14k when applying a burn. I would highly recommend using it.

Yea its a pretty good dmg increase for a skill ull be constantly using regardless. I mean its not like ur sacrificing anything else for it other then the 2 points u need to invest in it. All gain seems like a win win in my book. Literally book... GET IT?!?!??

12 hours ago, Skaitavi said:

With T5S3 Impact, on detonating 5 embers with it to apply a burn, it does about 2k or so less damage than 2.

So if you're doing 12k with your 2 on a burning target, you'll do 10k with application of burn. It's really good to use the book to learn that skill, as in a burn build, you won't lose DPS applying burn as the damage is almost negligible with the boost in your Impact damage.

My 2 hits for 15-17k, while my 1 hits for 13-14k when applying a burn. I would highly recommend using it.

Okay I understand now.. Thanks for the info :D

If you can freeze the enemy and then burn with tier 3 stage 2 impact, you will hit about 10k depending on gear. Applying freeze periodically aint tricky, using cold snap then maybe a dragonfrost should freeze them each time you need to reapply burn with impact. Don't use this is you have an ice build FM in your party, unless they are auto detonating your embers ofc.

No you don't lol. Cold snap for over time damage and will chill on crit, rotate 1 dragonfrost in. The aim isn't to try and freeze, the aim is you get bonus damage if they are frozen, and if they aren't frozen then you do the same damage you would with force blast.

10 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

No you don't lol. Cold snap for over time damage and will chill on crit, rotate 1 dragonfrost in. The aim isn't to try and freeze, the aim is you get bonus damage if they are frozen, and if they aren't frozen then you do the same damage you would with force blast.

You will lose damage, deal with it. Cold snap damage is a joke and by using it, you lose one use of blazing beam which deals way more damage. Tier 3 stage 2 impact is also slower in the execution than stage 3 so it's even worse. And even if it would always work, you would freeze the enemy every 18s which is almost useless. Another point is that dragonfrost does less damage than blazing beam so you lose damage there, too. After all, it's a harder strategy for less damage. Nothing more to say about that.

10 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

if they aren't frozen then you do the same damage you would with force blast

And that's also not true. T3S3 does more damage than T3S2 + the thread owner asked for T5S3 which does alot more damage. So it's simple, T5S3 is best for damage.

If you don't know how to freeze a target without losing dps, that's your fault, I do it just fine, and impact is around 300 less dmg, vs 1200 more if target is frozen. It also has a more fluent cast since it doesn't require a target. By your login dual dragons is our most useless skill since using it requires us to lose dps to build up to it.

You can't accept it when others are right, do you? I told you exactly why you are losing damage and you have nothing else to say than:

13 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

If you don't know how to freeze a target without losing dps, that's your fault,

I don't see an explanation and I'm sure there won't be any because you know I'm right. You can't freeze the target without losing dps that's why fire is for dps. And no, dual Dragons is great but I only use it while soulburn or when I need focus. Othewise it's not worth using fire fury to be able to use dual dragons because I would lose the dps gain from the dragons by using fire fury. But I'm sure you will deny that as well.

19 hours ago, Kyserzose said:

Wait t'll you see a Auto Detonate FM in the group that makes your HM Impact useless :D

You usually don't see such idiots in 4 man groups. Most of all useless people are running 6 man that's why I avoid it as possible. And I won't spec in lower dmg because other people are to stupid to spec the right skills.

Archived