Soooooo when will ap reqs be actually relevant?

dmoe33

So this is a bit of a sensitive topic but i want an honest answer. No elitism No crying a concrete legit answer. So when are AP requirements gonna actually be relevant? when will the new gear be actually be required? As of right now all dungs can be completed with true pirate/siren accs at around 470 ish AP and about 190% cdmg and 45~crit so when will we need higher ap reqs and for which dungs? ofc im only talking about 6 mans

Replies appreciated 

4 minutes ago, FieryPassion said:

Personally i don't think it will ever be truly necessary to have ap requirements.

If/when we FINALLY get a kick option to deal with the AFKers/bots in dungeons, a reasonable, enforced AP requirement will be necessary as well - along with a rule stating that if you kick a party member for low AP you can be reported an action taken against your account.

I have no idea why but recently the only afks I have seen have been those HM 6+ with premium. But yeah kick option would be nice so at least those afks couldn't get anything and instead we could have teams that actually fight. It might take a long time until there is proper AP requirement that the dungeon needs but people can make any AP requirements to finish the dungeons faster so basically you can say there are already those 500+ AP for fast running in 4-man and 470+ AP in 6-man Yeti for example.

I wonder why NCsoft don't use their brain like Square Enix (FFXIV), you can't enter dungeon if you don't meet the requirements and for those over geared will scale down so everyone will have challenge time (still easier for those got scaled down cause you still at top tier gears compare to a noob), also AFK will get auto kick if inactivity for 10 mins in endgame dungeons, (note: FFXIV has vote kick option and it does get abuse by player especially a pre-made party that short member and Queue up then kick other player if they are not meet their expectation).

38 minutes ago, Kromede said:

I wonder why NCsoft don't use their brain like Square Enix (FFXIV), you can't enter dungeon if you don't meet the requirements and for those over geared will scale down so everyone will have challenge time (still easier for those got scaled down cause you still at top tier gears compare to a noob), also AFK will get auto kick if inactivity for 10 mins in endgame dungeons, (note: FFXIV has vote kick option and it does get abuse by player especially a pre-made party that short member and Queue up then kick other player if they are not meet their expectation).

But that would require effort.

53 minutes ago, FieryPassion said:

Personally i don't think it will ever be truly necessary to have ap requirements. I imagine later on you still only benefit in faster/easier runs the higher the ap/crit/crit dmg you have.

Well AP is sort of like a general gear measure (its not completely but gives a good idea) so like when will upgrading gear be necessary/ required? is basically what im asking

2 hours ago, Lurkios said:

along with a rule stating that if you kick a party member for low AP you can be reported an action taken against your account.

I don't see this happening in a thousand years.

As for AP, it's never relevant on its own. 1000 AP and 25%/150% crit/crit damage will severely lose in dps against 500 AP and 60%/210% crit/crit damage.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I don't see this happening in a thousand years.

As for AP, it's never relevant on its own. 1000 AP and 25%/150% crit/crit damage will severely lose in dps against 500 AP and 60%/210% crit/crit damage.

You are indeed correct but the thing is half the ppl who recruit for dungs ask for AP requirements which for someone who pugs every single dung it makes it extremely hard to find a group when all of them ask for like 550 ap + for asura when u can do it jus as well with 480-500, also what u mentioned the crit factor which again they dont realize and only ask for AP

Archived