The Hax R Back

Randomonium

Seems it took the providers of the hack programs the speed hackers are using an entire day to put their customers back in the business of ruining Soul Stone Plains, but they are back with a vengeance.  They can clear out both sides and kill all the opposition in just a couple of minutes.  It's obvious that the methods NC is using are useless as these guys weren't banned.  Its the same ones just using an updated cheat.  All NC had to do is remove the weapons from SSP and we can take care of the rest.  Why didn't they do this one simple thing?  Are they not able?  There must be a reason.  Anyway it looks like this was the top rated question for the Stream in half an hour.  I'll be interested if it is even mentioned.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely evade the question and neither mentioned and if they want to respond say they are working on it and are looking for a permanent way as all the other times I asked the same in the first Livestreams or the last time I think they said was that they could not say anything ... how are "fighting" bots ofc

They won't, and as they claim to be working on it honestly I think they're doing nothing. I see the same ones week after week same bat time, same bat channel, same bat names, same bat locations.

I think they probably could do something, I just think they're too incompetent to.

They won't answer any questions about it as they NEVER answer any real questions.

They did address it right off the bat, but only to give the standard boilerplate "we are aware of it" "we are working on it" "no we can't share details".  Meanwhile here is a peek at the wasteland in SSP they are ignoring right this minute:

Another Sunny Day in Soul Stone Plains

They haven't committed to removing weapons but are taking it under advisement.  They "are aware of the situation" WRT the masks making reporting them impossible.  Hime said we had way to report them so I'm guessing she means to use the report bot function.  When one kills you it will show up under P menu, even if masked and you can report them for botting.  I guess that's the best we are gonna get for now.

No i don't want to report anyone, because GM's obviously aren't doing it, sure lets have the players report them, and they'll someday ban that account, but that never solves anything since this shit is Free to make an account. Do your job properly, I'm a computer science major, and I know for a fact it's not that hard. Take the *cricket*ing weapons out of the soulstone plains map or let me do your job properly, since you guys aren't taking any smart measures to stop hackers in soulstone plains.

To answer the simple question of the Topic: They never will since NC doesnt care because enough people still throw their money at them with growing intrest  and since they get the feedback "They spend money so theyr happy" they wont do shit

Lol, college kids - think you know everything. You're going to have a real rude awakening when you get out into the world friend. Your binary trees and your circular arrays aren't going to get you that A anymore. Glad you got those "facts" down though. Since it's so easy, why don't you toss an example up here. Maybe you'll get some extra credit.

30 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Lol, college kids - think you know everything. You're going to have a real rude awakening when you get out into the world friend. Your binary trees and your circular arrays aren't going to get you that A anymore. Glad you got those "facts" down though. Since it's so easy, why don't you toss an example up here. Maybe you'll get some extra credit.

lol so now I'm in college? and now I'm a kid? I'm 27 and i've worked with software engineering for over 8 years, taking out those *cricket*ing weapons in ssplains takes 0 brain, even a *cricket*ing middle schooler can do it.

• NCSOFT

Hello everyone,

The development team is very aware and understand how frustrating the hacking situation within Soulstone Plains can be and they are working diligently on addressing the issue as soon as possible. The team is looking into multiple options including the player suggestion of removing or reducing the damage of the weapon crates. Once the most feasible option has been decided, the change will be implemented around May 11.

We will be sure to keep you in the know regarding any possible developmental changes that may arise.

11 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello everyone,

The development team is very aware and understand how frustrating the hacking situation within Soulstone Plains can be and they are working diligently on addressing the issue as soon as possible. The team is looking into multiple options including the player suggestion of removing or reducing the damage of the weapon crates. Once the most feasible option has been decided, the change will be implemented around May 11.

We will be sure to keep you in the know regarding any possible developmental changes that may arise.

Thanks for the reply Bethany, it is good to finally hear SOMETHING from the NC side that this is being looked into.  I'm not sure if you saw the video I posted, but we had a good run going, then 30 seconds later our entire team was decimated by those hackers toting nade launchers and machine guns then the rest of their faction buds descended on us wiping out all NPCs on both sides in a matter of a couple of minutes.  This has been going on all day today and as you can see it's not just a small problem anymore.  There are dozens of them involved now and seemingly acting with impunity and hopping from channel to channel.  The masks should not hide their identities as we are unable to submit videos like these to support as no names are visible.  The masks also prove that they were not banned as it takes time to get the 1K kills to get those masks unless they have hacked those as well.  Just keep us in the loop and maybe drop in and play some SSP from time to time and start swingin that almighty banhammer when you see them drop in.

3 minutes ago, Randomonium said:

Haha yea its amazing how much it smooths out when your entire team is lying dead on the ground and not making spell effects anymore.  Also a 980Ti helps a bit too.

Yeah, sorry about that :/ On the bright side, I managed to save an Injured Soldier today on Ebon Hall EU! Yay! The other one was whisked away by a speed hacker though :/

26 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello everyone,

Thats great and all as a starting point (most likely they'll just go back to force chokes and teleporting to the nearest hostile terror) but what we really need is an effect way to report them and have them removed as opposed to the report and watch them continue on to do it for the next several weeks.

26 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello everyone,

Thats great and all as a starting point (most likely they'll just go back to force chokes and teleporting to the nearest hostile terror) but what we really need is an effect way to report them and have them removed as opposed to the report and watch them continue on to do it for the next several weeks.

2 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello everyone

This is a great news! Can they at least disable the weapon boxes for now until they decide the solution? Like how they did when assassins could stealth with the weapons. I really cannot take anymore of this.

There is a real value to everything in this game due to the gold/NCCoin exchange, what the hackers are doing amounts to illegal petty theft of prestige. Hacking and stealing $0.50 worth of goods (prestige for soulstones) is still theft and if someone hacked into your bank account and stole $0.50 here and there, they would be facing jail time.

So this bring up another point, is NCSoft an accomplice of petty theft because they are NOT cleaning up all the real value theft from the hacking going on in their game?

Lets stop sugar coating that hacking and look at what is really going on.

I would love to start pressing charges of petty theft to all the hackers who steal my prestige at the Soulstone Plains. What NCSoft is doing is criminal. What happens if you walk out a gas station with a $0.25 pack of gum you didn't pay for?

They should just put boots on the ground, if a in game moderators spent 5 minute in SSP and saw what is really going on I think he would be shocked at how broken the game is right now.

I honestly don't think they even realize how bad it is.. Sure they get people making threads on the forums and see it on reddit, but it was the same with the bots before and they were mostly harmless.. If they saw 40 people in a group all in masks teleporting as one across the SSP, and killing everyone in a massive ball of hacks they might start to understand how *cricket*ed it really is.

Here is what i have after researching for a couple weeks. I found that NCSOFT is actually doing their job to prevent Hackers and botters.

First, a lot of summoners and destroyers are banned from pvp, there are Chinese program called Ezbot that not only level up from level 1 to level 50, pvp, they also can grind in blue dungeon as well. So far the way they make profit is to farming tears and ssp. There were a bunches of destroyers farming tears in front of ogong dungeon. There're summoners and destroyers farming tears in the pigsty but they enter from the other entrance. How to see if they are hackers or not? If they are destroyers lvl>49 grinding Ogong&Pigsty, they're bots. If they are summoners and you don't see their cats, you see them running in and out dungeon manually instead of using teleport at the end after killing boss, they are bots. Plus, any class that grinding dungeons, doing similar things over and over again and incapable of using teleport in dungeon is bot. Go in front of the Ogong, Brightstone, the pigsty( the other entrance) then you see. When you report, they will definitely be banned very soon. I have tried report like hundreds of them on my server, NCSOFT is doing their job a lot quicker than before as long as we keep reporting. 

Spread the word.

3 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello everyone,

Rukkirii, I like you, but this is a horrible lazy solution to an ongoing problem.  Your idea of combating cheaters and hackers is to ... punish legitimate players by removing features you've given us?  Listen to the people, we are so fed up with friendly invite spammers that we have asked for the game to completely get rid of friends requests as it's less f-in annoying.  So now the next phase is to nerf weapons instead of remove hackers?  Are you serious???  For the love of god, I can give you 17 million reasons, one dollar at a time, why there should be an online GM at all time addressing these violators.  We are fed up with it.  Many of us have left.  Is this publisher's goal to milk every penny they can out of the remaining players before shutting the servers down like you have with that super heroes game??  No other game in the last 15 years of playing MMO's have had such a deplorable publisher when it came to combating bots.

20 minutes ago, Follower said:

Here is what i have after researching for a couple weeks. I found that NCSOFT is actually doing their job to prevent Hackers and botters.

First, a lot of summoners and destroyers are banned from pvp, there are Chinese program called Ezbot that not only level up from level 1 to level 50, pvp, they also can grind in blue dungeon as well. So far the way they make profit is to farming tears and ssp. There were a bunches of destroyers farming tears in front of ogong dungeon. There're summoners and destroyers farming tears in the pigsty but they enter from the other entrance. How to see if they are hackers or not? If they are destroyers lvl>49 grinding Ogong&Pigsty, they're bots. If they are summoners and you don't see their cats, you see them running in and out dungeon manually instead of using teleport at the end after killing boss, they are bots. Plus, any class that grinding dungeons, doing similar things over and over again and incapable of using teleport in dungeon is bot. Go in front of the Ogong, Brightstone, the pigsty( the other entrance) then you see. When you report, they will definitely be banned very soon. I have tried report like hundreds of them on my server, NCSOFT is doing their job a lot quicker than before as long as we keep reporting. 

Spread the word.

Please just let them go back to botting tears and arena.. that did not effect anyone really (unless you are to shit to beat a bot in pvp)  just made soulstones and tears cheaper which pretty much everyone enjoyed..

What is happening in SSP right now is pissing off so many people, it's keeping us from ranking up in faction and is driving moonstone prices up the wall.

1 minute ago, Miku Lyn said:

Please just let them go back to botting tears and arena.. that did not effect anyone really (unless you are to shit to beat a bot in pvp)  just messed with market prices, what is happening in SSP right now is pissing off so many people, it's keeping us from ranking up in faction and is driving moonstone prices up the wall.

The only way to stop those Chinese bots is to stop every possible way for them to make money, when they don't have money they will have to stop. When they are banned they have to build from level 1 again, then they will use the same pattern leveling up,  check the jiangshi field boss and others along the story quests u will see a lot of bots not only destroyers using teleport or farming the same shit to gear up n level up real fast. 

Let  them go back botting tears n arena will give them more money and more time to ruin other contents of the game. 

Archived