Force Master bugged

wpgsux

response from Support: 

Upon checking your request, it is intended for monsters to have their HP Reset if they are bound by a certain skill and the said caster of the skill is out of their range. It is more like of an enemy recognizes that he is being attacked, but doesn't know the source of it being too far away and the system resets its HP instead.

In other words, working as intended.  FM's are not a ranged class.  No fix being considered.

29 minutes ago, wpgsux said:

response from Support: 

Upon checking your request, it is intended for monsters to have their HP Reset if they are bound by a certain skill and the said caster of the skill is out of their range. It is more like of an enemy recognizes that he is being attacked, but doesn't know the source of it being too far away and the system resets its HP instead.

In other words, working as intended.  FM's are not a ranged class.  No fix being considered.

Lol. Why am I not surprised.

This happends to me on both FM and WL and it's because they run to "long".

If you go half the way your doing now, you shouldnt have this problem and yes OFC i know, range classes depend on distance between our enemys. I didnt die yet because of this, so you should be fine.

Just circle around, yea you can get "dizzy" :p BUT! So does the enemy.

Melee classes attack range 3M

FM, WL, SMN range 16M and need to stay at clsoe range within 3M to avoid mobs reset...and you called that work intended? It's totally BS.

Someone report the mons reseted even at 1M range and proved with his video....Working intended my asssss!

36 minutes ago, Kromede said:

Melee classes attack range 3M

FM, WL, SMN range 16M and need to stay at clsoe range within 3M to avoid mobs reset...and you called that work intended? It's totally BS.

Someone report the mons reseted even at 1M range and proved with his video....Working intended my asssss!

I guess you never kitted mobs around. Just to let you know I kite boss all the time during dungeons coz I tend to pull a lot of aggro. Better learn it now it will save you in the long run.

TBF many games I've played before had this kind of system in place to prevent it being too easy. In Ragnarok, for example, if the mob has a target and can't attack it/walk to it due to some terrain issues (i.e. being attacked from a cliff or through an ice wall), the mob teleports away. So the reasoning could be that if you could just freeze every mob in place permanently it'd be way too easy.

The video, however, doesn't show a frozen mob. The mob just can't form a path to the player, and resets because of it (despite it being a straight line, some map feature is probably derping). It's a bug, and I noticed it happening often in newer areas (Silverfrost icy ones especially, wolves for example).

2 minutes ago, spongemike said:

I guess you never kitted mobs around. Just to let you know I kite boss all the time during dungeons coz I tend to pull a lot of aggro. Better learn it now it will save you in the long run.

LOL I'm solo tank most of the time in any boss fights in any dungeon so I do know how to work around this problem because this stupid glitch won't get fix and NCsoft didn't admit something wrong in their game, why this problem exist in NA version and not in KR version? working intended?

I just pissed because of their stupid "working intended" replied.

It's basically a tether range for a mob.  If you walk the mob outside of the tether range, it will reset.  It's like that with a lot of games like this, otherwise there would be trolls who lead mobs into town and have mobs kill afk players or newbies in town.  Why don't they have this in kr or cn servers you ask?  cause they work around it and kite in circles instead of a straight line.  It's honestly nothing to complain about cause there is no basis for complaining about it.  

23 minutes ago, Radinferno said:

It's basically a tether range for a mob.  If you walk the mob outside of the tether range, it will reset.  It's like that with a lot of games like this, otherwise there would be trolls who lead mobs into town and have mobs kill afk players or newbies in town.  Why don't they have this in kr or cn servers you ask?  cause they work around it and kite in circles instead of a straight line.  It's honestly nothing to complain about cause there is no basis for complaining about it.  

Wrong! the mobs reset at the spot where they are spawn in certain skill from FM or WL.

So. please research before you speak...this NOTHING about lure mobs far away from their spawn point.

If you have WL go to 24 mans and go to  a room with 4 or 5 mobs...gather them and pop your soulshackle skill I'm pretty sure mobs that are KFM or BD classes will reset instantly without leave the damn room and ofcourse they will aggro you again since you right in front of their face.

32 minutes ago, Radinferno said:

It's not that. Today some mob just reset while standing ON his spawning place.

5 minutes ago, Yuina said:

It's not that. Today some mob just reset while standing ON his spawning place.

Where? Screenshot of the place?

I be more than happy to test that out, just to see if i can do the same. If it's inside an instance, then it could be another bug. Cause out in the open i never seen mobs that i couldnt use the circle kite option on.

Fellow force master here. I have this issue too. T_T Nightshade Harbor (24-man) is the WORSE for me when it comes to resetting. In order to keep enemies from resetting, I have to stand right on top of enemies and allow them to freeze/burn me. If I move even one step to the side for some enemies, they will reset. I have had the horrible and extremely embarrassing luck of resetting multiple world bosses and having people cuss me out. And it's always when I'm right smack in front of the boss with the melee classes. Never when I am attacking from a distance. (Because I know what will happen if I do.)

Forcemaster may not be the problem.  Problem may be the new zones.

I rolled a new FM and I am at level 25.   I start every fight from maximum range and

have never had a mob reset.  When I log on to my lev 50 FM problem returns on almost every mob.

I noticed the problem getting worse after the patch on 27 Apr.

I'll keep watching to see what zone it starts happening.

I have to agree with OP-the mobs actually reset in their place -even if i was in melee range of them.Very stupid.Even if mob was at 50% hp and my FM alt in the melee range of it.

Working as intended? Huh?

Spec out of chill, it rarely happens (but does still happen rarely) to my fm when not chill spec.

This is annoying af though, having to spec out of the fms defining feature would be like bms needing to do dailies without a block skill of kfms not being able to anti cancel while doing dailies. 

The mob reset is dumb. It even happens on my Blade dancer. And for my FM, even if I was in range for them to cast a fire wall (not sure what it's called exactly) or ice flower, they still reset. They're attacking me! Why do they still reset?!

Archived