How will it be the asura dg for melee?

xCandyBear

another unfriendly dungeon for melee turning you into a bigger scrub or melee will be finally usefull?

I remember when naryu came out i could only do 5 runs of 4man because got kicked 80% of the time i was searching for a pt because "sin is useless" i really hope this is not gonna happen again at least for 6man. 

The only unfriendly game content i could think of is possibly SSP bosses, I don't think any dungeon are intended to be unfriendly to any classes.

What happened to you my friend, is class discrimination made by its players mentality because they didn't like or want a sin, a bd or maybe your stats are too low...etcs
Personally i feel like every class is useful for their roles in a party so you don't have to worry too much, it's more about skills/knowledge in specific dungeon that make you a great assets to the party.

ps- find some friends/clanmates to run dungeon with, you'll find it enjoyable and more fun \o/

I don't know why a sin would be kicked? They provide a great party buff which is good and amazing with warlocks soulburn, and if the party wipes they tend to be able to finish off the boss by themselves. You just ended up coming across some jerks, sorry about that. :(

A lot of the boss have AoE after AoE and being in melee really sucks. Take one of the lvl 50 dungeons for example (I forgot which one but is the one with the frozen queen).

Not only does the boss do AoE but also there are stuff coming down on you that you have to avoid. Is pretty normally to see 2 out of 5 run to see a melee die and simple the range have to burn the boss down. This is also the biggest problem I have when trying to tank. Too punishing on melee and add to the fact in open world PvP range have much more advantage making farming soulstones easier.

Also, for the record, melees in general definitely have their uses in Labyrinth. They're far from useless there and I fail to see how it would be any different with Sins.

Just learn your tools and the dungeons and you should pull your weight just fine like anyone else. It's not that complicated.

20 hours ago, Yohana said:

Sin is useful for Asura dg see at  2:10 video pull trick   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZDF-CSKbc  

!! I've never thought about that! Heh I should start gearing up my Sin for this now 8D

On Topic: I main a BM and I've managed to run Asura twice now. First time, my clan and I were still trying to figure out the mechanics of the fight so we got wiped a lot but from what I saw, nothing was particularly unfair for melee. Asura is mechanic heavy more than anything anyways.

The thing here is, do you know the dungeon mechanic. From previous dungeon, beside maybe Yeti, it's just a dps race, and frankly there's no mechanic at all. For this dungeon, you need to know mechanics, read guide even if you have to so you know what to do.

When you mention "sin is useless", I kinda giggled a bit. Sin this patch is everything but unwanted. They provide a freaking crit buff, and for this particular dungeon: 1st bosses, they are one of the few class who can cross the ice river when the pt mess up. Last boss, they can provide smokescreen to shield pt from Asura's fire/ice arrow.

So no, this dungeon is not unfriendly for melee, especially sin. So far i can tell, sin is no.1 wanted class in here, since we dont need *cricket*ing FM like we need them in Yeti 4m, they can provide support like fm and summ, with an extra crit buff

2 hours ago, Duh Harro said:

The thing here is, do you know the dungeon mechanic. From previous dungeon, beside maybe Yeti, it's just a dps race, and frankly there's no mechanic at all. For this dungeon, you need to know mechanics, read guide even if you have to so you know what to do.

When you mention "sin is useless", I kinda giggled a bit. Sin this patch is everything but unwanted. They provide a freaking crit buff, and for this particular dungeon: 1st bosses, they are one of the few class who can cross the ice river when the pt mess up. Last boss, they can provide smokescreen to shield pt from Asura's fire/ice arrow.

So no, this dungeon is not unfriendly for melee, especially sin. So far i can tell, sin is no.1 wanted class in here, since we dont need *cricket*ing FM like we need them in Yeti 4m, they can provide support like fm and summ, with an extra crit buff

Agreed.

Surprisingly FM is less useful here than other classes. This dungeon is quite melee friendly comparatively. The only real issue is Asura's flaming swords if some dumb melee lets him drop them all around him. The first half of the dungeon is destro/sin paradise and Asura has mechanics that requires every class to contribute. You've got FM, lock, sin shielding from arrows. BM, lock, destro blocking balls. Destro, BD, summ eating flowers.

The whole dungeon is almost pure mechanics where dps isn't all that relevant. Even on Asura if you know the patterns and don't die, dps is unlikely to be an issue.

Just now, Rockbridge said:

The whole dungeon is almost pure mechanics where dps isn't all that relevant. Even on Asura if you know the patterns and don't die, dps is unlikely to be an issue.

That's a relief. The last thing this game needs is MORE dungeons demanding DPS checks via enrage timers and whatnot. It's hard enough as it is to have us catch up with new content gear-wise this fast.

Archived