Most fun pvp class?

Boopity

Just now, Charly said:

Well i'm at lvl 48 with my alt blade master, lvling it to do only arena pvp, got a guildmate that is BM and as he say, it's hardest than other classes, you need something called brain to play it. The problem is that you need a lot of skillpoints to pvp with it, i'll not go pvp until lvl 50 hm 3 or like that ^^ cause i really need these points

You can aslo go for Assasin, a bit more easy to master and bit OP right now

idc much about "OP" more so fun. How long does it take to lvl to 50? is it required for BM to do good in pvp?

Just now, Boopity said:

Funny you say that, iv actually been looking at that class, it looks pretty fun! is it really hard?

Well i'm at lvl 48 with my alt blade master, lvling it to do only arena pvp, got a guildmate that is BM and as he say, it's hardest than other classes, you need something called brain to play it. The problem is that you need a lot of skillpoints to pvp with it, i'll not go pvp until lvl 50 hm 3 or like that ^^ cause i really need these points

You can aslo go for Assasin, a bit more easy to master and bit OP right now

Every class can be fun, depends what you see fun as yourself. Every class can be bored at certain point. Every class have bad and good match ups etc... just choose the class what you see fun yourself. BTW we are gonna get xp event after maintenance so leveling is easier after then. If you wanna see effort you can get hm 1 - 5 like in a week if you have premium bonus as well.

BM sure is fun ! but it requires a lot of skill points, and legendary skills. You will have to spend a lot of time studying your class and other classes, to climb up the ladder.
Destroyer is quite fun too, easy to punish people at low rank.

There's no most fun class.

Play what you enjoy.

Some people love force master. Other people hate playing ranged classes. Some people love wreaking havoc with destroyer, others prefer to stay in the shadows as a sin.

So yeah, play what YOU find interesting.

At low rank there is few classes you don't have to know anything about what you`re doing and who you are fighting to actually win.

Summoner - cc/grapple with cat and spam random buttons.Become sunflower spam bot and you`ll get to gold without a clue what you`re doing.

Force Master - spam LB/RB + F and gold rank is guaranteed.

Destroyer - Spam tab and random buttons - it will work.

Blade Dancer - spam random buttons and it will work.

However in higher gold and above is abit different.Way too much different.There some classes played by players with skills and experience will start to shine and some you have to be one of the beasts in your region to be actually good.Some will start to shine later on(cough BM HM Pull cough).

4 hours ago, Boopity said:

I picked BM, im lvl 10 and its fun so far

Warning: The following is the opinion of the author and is not to be taken as fact.

Welcome to the cool kids club. 

BM is super fun, but is not hard to play. BM takes a long time to learn how to play, and has a lot of room to progressively improve yourself in game.  You do need to learn a LOT about the bm class before you can even hope to begin to excel. You need HM levels as fast as you can get them along with Lightning Draw and Block HM skills (hopefully we will get hm soaring falcon / hm 15 soon). 

It isnt on the character selection screen and there is no way of knowing this but Blade Masters are considered tanks (you are NOT tanky) and basically this means you have tools to increase your threat and a way to prevent / mitigate damage = block.  In pve content people will want you to tank stuff, in this game you tank by holding threat (doing damage and using threat increasing skills) and avoiding damage (iframes) or blocking damage (block). 

In pvp:

We beat:

Force Master - once you learn how to play the match up you will rarely / never lose it again, although the first few times you play them you should expect to get whipped (chill op). Never be disrespectful to these guys after beating them, it sucks being in a almost hopeless match up. (most fun of the ranged classes to play)

We go even with:

KFM - Whoever makes the first mistake dies a horrific death in a 100 - 0 cc chain (probably the best pvp class in this game, past / present / future, ping dependant and combo heavy) (second funnest class)

Destroyer - We rofl stomp red buff, but blue buff is a long close game. Early on in your BM career these guys will poop on you, but as you learn to bm the tide of battle swings ever so slightly (very slight) in your favor.  (easy to begin playing but gets old pretty quickly, I cant help but view mine as a farm toon)

We lose to:

Blade Dancer: These guys wanna be us, despite being hobbits. They should always get the opener on you and have a lot of advantages over you, winnable game but not a game you should win. If you can get to a 40% win rate in this match up you are doing pretty well and should be able to achieve the goals you have established for your self. (strong pvp class, similar to bm but much much easier to play and therefore becomes boring)

We get trashed by:

Skummoners: Hobbit with a cat, this class was built to beat you. You should almost always lose this match up if the skill level is within 500 points. You can beat your head against a wall and watch every bm vs summoner you tube video ever made / read every guide ever written and in the end it should not matter, we lose this match up. The summoner needs to play so poorly for you to win that it is unlikely to find one that much of a weaker player than you once you get to gold. People have bad days though and in plat I occasionally beat summoners (feels like winning the fcking game). (least fun class to play, everything is so easy for this class / best farm toon/ super good at pve)

Assassin: This class takes some effort to play, when you first encounter them in silver / gold you will do well against them. Once you meet the ones who have a pulse you are in a bad match up and should lose a lot more than you win. (fun to play)

Warlock: Not a good pvp class, same as assassin in the fact that you can win in lower tiers vs them by using your I frames on the pet and slapping them in the face with 5 point and a air combo. Once you meet solid Warlocks, you are at a disadvantage. This match up is better for bm than skum and assassin ones. (cool looking to play with nice visual and audio queues but gets boring really quick).

Press F 11 in game and go to the "My class" section, look for some higher rated bms on your server and try to join the guild they are in / befriend them / pick there brain and learn from them. You tube is full of guys teaching bm game play and all of it is helpful stuff. You will need to have a attitude that craves knowledge of your bm and its matchups in pvp to progress at any sort of rate (at least I needed that attitude). 

I like this dudes channel, he is pretty funny / a little awkward (super nice)  but a good player with a lot of high quality videos tailored to teaching you the combos and how to execute our cc chain / spec your bm. There are a lot of others as well and finding a bm to watch stream / scope there you tube should be pretty easy. 

Vs KFM

18 hours ago, KatHead said:

BM takes a long time to learn how to play, and has a lot of room to progressively improve yourself in game.  You do need to learn a LOT about the bm class before you can even hope to begin to excel.

That's what i mean with hard ^^

Aslo, my bm friend told me that he don't lose against BD, it's almost a draw too like destro/kfm

11 minutes ago, Charly said:

That's what i mean with hard ^^

Aslo, my bm friend told me that he don't lose against BD, it's almost a draw too like destro/kfm

I rarely lose against BD and DS. For me, KFM is harder to beat than BD and DS due to their triple kick.
Warlocks can nuke really hard, but we don't get trash by them at all.
Summoners are a bit more annoying, because their cat can CC you when you perform an air combo, still, I win most of my matches against them.
Assassins, this one is the class I struggle the most against, with their HM Decoy, no more brainless five point strike free engage =(.

Just my opinion here~~ (Plat BM in EU)

Archived