Completely Bored of Bns

Tavirez

I am completely bored right now in Blade and Soul. I used to play with a clan but they slowly disappeared and now I am alone. I thought "soloing stuff is fun! I don't have to talk to anyone with a mic, I don't have any obligations, this is awesome!" But after about a week or two of solo play, I got completely bored. I went from "yay gotta go do those purple dungeons!" to "ugh I really don't want to...but I need the money." So now I am constantly logging in Bns to do one or two dungeons, get bored, and logging off. 

I haven't tried joining another clan because I want to join those level 45 -50+ clans, however I am level 47 and well...doing the story missions for Silver frost bore me to death (since I am used to leveling with friends). Also I do not talk a lot via Discord, TS, or Skype. I just like to type and observe..but no one likes that so I get kicked from clans and well...back to solo play.

To make a sort of long story short; I am bored of doing stuff solo, joining and staying in clans is a bit iffy, and leveling is a chore. How do I get out of this rut and start having fun again?

My suggestion is either to take a break or find someone else whose more into just joining up in small parties to interact with. 

I was the same way too at first but now I'm just trying to look for anyone to consistently play with in this game. GL though ^^

Sounds like you need a break.

You've attempted solo play for too long so even if you hop into a clan, you'd most likely get bored soon.

Take about a week or two from not playing then attempt to find a clan that suits you. Honestly, I've seen a good amount of clans that don't mind if you do not talk on mic but that depends on your server I guess.

Sadly I can't say much else since I've been playing with friends from the start and they've stayed since so I haven't had a problem with finding the game enjoyable still.

Come join our clan bro on ikkasun sever just message me for details :) and your more than welcome to game with us, we do alot of dungeon runs/dailies/ and striving to go endgame cause we do intend to play quite awhile, its fine if you don't want to chat on social apps were fine with that :P

It gets boring for us to, but the lols keep the game going

10 minutes ago, Synchrite said:

Come join our clan bro on ikkasun sever just message me for details :) and your more than welcome to game with us, we do alot of dungeon runs/dailies/ and striving to go endgame cause we do intend to play quite awhile, its fine if you don't want to chat on social apps were fine with that :P

It gets boring for us to, but the lols keep the game going

I'm on poharan server... :( Thank you for the offer though!

If you don't want to get bored then you need people to hang out with, even if you are not leveling together, if/when you have someone to talk with its more fun. I play every day with my bf and some friends, but i guess I can say our clan is mostly active at night due to work/classes. We use discord but usually is only a few of us there, the rest prefer typing and are a bit more quiet. But we do dungeons and dailies together and we derp and have fun :p

My advice is to find another clan and give it a try, try not to aim to those with really high requirements, there's many in our server I'm sure you saw them (if you are cerulean too), go for something a bit more social for now, that way you won't feel pressure and at the same time you'll be able to chat won't feel like you are playing alone!

This really depends on the person tho,personally I can stay in a 'mmo' solo even for a long time and I won't mind it.

Started Bns at the official launch alone and I'm still playing solo and only use F8 for dungeons.

Game is sure harder this way,well stuff takes longer and sometimes its a pain in the as s to deal with random parties but its still doable.

I kinda prefer it this way,as I don't really get along with most ppls and can get annoyed easily from the childish 'chat' most ppl seems to do/enjoy.

Even when I do join clans in mmos,I prefer small ones where everyone gets along and actually talks to each other in a normal way.

But yea as other said,if you don't find playing solo fun anymore then either take a break or try to talk to some ppls ingame,rather than just blindly joining whatever clan.

Log onto game do dailies on my Main then log onto Alt and do dailies with clan as a WL is lacking for dailies ...repeat this for 10 days to gain 3 AP and 50 crit rate. yeah game content is lacking there are no really epic dungeons that offer good rewards and chance at super rare loot world/field bosses are a joke and don't offer anything game changing.

Pvp is just a zerg fest in open world and arena is full of bots and hackers ...I'm playing a lot less now and even that is boring with the new content coming out it will just add 2 new dungeons and mean you have to drop some others as you only get 40 quests per day. 

I always split the game into three sections when I start playing so it will take a while for me to get bored.

Solo play - I can experience the game at my own speed, no hassle from people and I can enjoy the story. Get bored?

Find a Clan - Either help build up a small one, make your own or join a large one. Get into a small group of people so you can do your dailies without having to stick around ages for a group. Talking and helping out others.

Pvp based content - Soon as I get bored of Pve and feel like I have over done it. I will move onto the competition side of the game and play PvP.(Not on this stage yet but it's getting close).

After that if I can't get back into Pve then I will just leave for a few months and play another game. I am only here till No Man's Sky comes out :P

P.s. Doesn't hurt to be social over Faction/Region chat. If you get bored of one faction then switch to the other.

Playing solo have more good points then bad points tho for exsample you are in a random party.. you will always have that one retard that slow ppl down if it is not during the run it will be when everybody go outside and he stay inside till party fall apart. you will always have that one greedy person that bid on all rare items to claim it themself. so my opinion what maybe would be the best for you is to start a clan of your own and try to find ppl that suits your profile and not the way arround. Then you sure can have fun if not then i would say like anybody else take a break.. but during that break you maybe gone find another game one where you can sit in a guild and where you have fun. so i think you have to make up for yourself  is it worth to stay or is it time to leave BnS behind and move on. But thats just how i think off it tho.

imho, I am one to play quite ALOT solo wise, I wont preach that though, I too at times wish I had someone to talk to or someone else to do things with,

I would either take a break (but u may miss abit due to the fact that the levelling event is going on.. which will make levelling easier/faster) so u might want to try stick through it to see those rewards as it'll get u 50 faster aswell as earn ur HMs faster) however games pretty fast Levelling wise, so I wouldn't take too much heavy heart if u really need that break from the game.

Game doesn't offer server transfers, so looking for a clan could be difficult, specially as there are so many different servers, u may find the perfect clan, but it could end up forcing you to completely start again to see those bonus's So finding the right clan in the right place takes time and is difficult, I personally Applied to a Clan Before choosing my server, however if anything went wrong I think i'd find myself in the same place as you realistically. starting again.. would be a real task considering how much progression u have done for the main character.

trying out the opposite faction can also be a option, among as people said above look under the Clan tab on the website look under ur own server and see what clans are about, I mean I'm in a clan which does want discord, however never been required to use the Mic.

sadly with the limitation from Server transfers etc etc, realistically NCsoft has not made Moving to different Social Communities easy for us, it is a task to realistically find those things, generally I keep myself amused with side projects, mixing what I do with my time, sometimes I pvp for a entire day.. sometimes I go for the 40/40 dailies.. other times I just find myself having Conversations in Faction chat... I try different classes and Play alts at times, the constant gold farm etc etc can get to u at times.. so really its good to take breaks from the game or find something else to do.

Either way, it sounds like ur not a solo player, so finding a new clan to settle with is most likely your best option.

13 hours ago, Tavirez said:

What's your playstyle like? BF and I are pretty much the only two people in our clan but we play really really REALLY casually. I mean like, still working on BSH/NSH/sometimes Lab and gearing our many different alts up to Pirate casually. We're also on Poharan server.

We don't really "recruit" for our clan, cuz frankly most of the "gotta go fast" gearing crowd don't mesh well with us, but we could always add you and see if you're ever up for doing stuff with us.

13 hours ago, Tavirez said:

I have a clan that's rank 6 at the moment (just barely a week since we founded it) with 21 members if you're interested.

It's called Red Wolf and it's on poharan server (crimson legion side). We're still recruiting and we don't have a discord, skype, TS, etc. We don't care about that stuff (but that's not to say we won't have something in the future).

Right now we're just concentrating on helping each other out and upgrading the guild on and off. We communicate through guild chat in game and nothing more.

Far too many guilds require you to be on discord, team speak, Skype, etc. and It's honestly ridiculous. We'll never kick you from the guild and you can play as you please.

We have about 8-10 active players right now, so we encourage teaming up and helping each other out whenever possible. You're more than welcome to try us out, we're just a small circle of people and hope to eventually be a force to be reckoned with someday. Building it from the ground up.

If you're interested message me in game or send me a mail (in game name: George) or message Ayameh.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck and I know it can be boring playing solo which is why we created this guild :)

Well OP this is mmo.You learn by videos,mushin,dummies how to play your class at max potention and friends will come.Everyone want good players to play with.Clan help too but being good player will help you in both - friends and clan.

I was bad player and I had no friends and even worse - I was playing in region/server where finding friendly western players was a miracle and the natives didn't know a word in english(90% of them anyway) and the only key was to push yourself and become good.Eventually after months trying(I'm die hard - I don't give up)I finally got to a point people actually wanted to play with me despite the fact my FM at time was on the bottom tier DPS list.The harder you try the better you become.I know ncsoft is not helping with this content rush but you can do it!

Whenever I'm running with strangers there is atleast one that want to add me in hes/r friend list - be it for just a players they can count on for dungeons later on or for asking me questions about the game,the class and so on.Thats how you learn.Usually good players are not full retards - they often then not are willing to give tips and so on.Don't be shy! People don't bite!

9 hours ago, xSonatax said:

If you don't want to get bored then you need people to hang out with, even if you are not leveling together, if/when you have someone to talk with its more fun. I play every day with my bf and some friends, but i guess I can say our clan is mostly active at night due to work/classes. We use discord but usually is only a few of us there, the rest prefer typing and are a bit more quiet. But we do dungeons and dailies together and we derp and have fun :p

My advice is to find another clan and give it a try, try not to aim to those with really high requirements, there's many in our server I'm sure you saw them (if you are cerulean too), go for something a bit more social for now, that way you won't feel pressure and at the same time you'll be able to chat won't feel like you are playing alone!

I will have to try to join something a bit more social...tysm <3

6 hours ago, TheRealGeorge said:

I have a clan that's rank 6 at the moment (just barely a week since we founded it) with 21 members if you're interested.

It's called Red Wolf and it's on poharan server (crimson legion side). We're still recruiting and we don't have a discord, skype, TS, etc. We don't care about that stuff (but that's not to say we won't have something in the future).

Right now we're just concentrating on helping each other out and upgrading the guild on and off. We communicate through guild chat in game and nothing more.

Far too many guilds require you to be on discord, team speak, Skype, etc. and It's honestly ridiculous. We'll never kick you from the guild and you can play as you please.

We have about 8-10 active players right now, so we encourage teaming up and helping each other out whenever possible. You're more than welcome to try us out, we're just a small circle of people and hope to eventually be a force to be reckoned with someday. Building it from the ground up.

If you're interested message me in game or send me a mail (in game name: George) or message Ayameh.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck and I know it can be boring playing solo which is why we created this guild :)

Would you mind having a level 47 destroyer? Because I was going to level her but...ya know, I got bored. I can sure drop you a message though! Thank you !

5 hours ago, Tavirez said:

Would you mind having a level 47 destroyer? Because I was going to level her but...ya know, I got bored. I can sure drop you a message though! Thank you !

Sure =) we have no level requirements, I've been busy so haven't been on, I'll be on in a bit

15 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

If that's only what bores you of the game then I guess joining a laid back clan (without much rules like must use discord and stuff like these -__-) should fix your problem.

Maaaaaan (or woman) I hope so lol

Archived