Gold seller bot harassment, spamming friend request

NiaTheIncubus

Screenshot_160426_000.jpg?noCache=146169

This gold seller keeps harassing me and a lot of people I know, constantly spamming friend requests. There is no way to block this or prevent this from re-occuring and it's getting extremely annoying. NCsoft needs to do something about this. My friend has been spammed constantly by party invites by gold sellers, while another gets spams in PM and mail. Implement a way to block spams of these, if nothing else can be done at the very least. Bots, hacker, and spammer already destroying the game... 

Yeah it is very annoying, I was receiving a request about every 15mins yesterday. What I also hate is though you can block them from whispering you and you no longer hear them when they do whisper you they still can. Blocked should mean that they can no longer whisper to you. My GF and I use whispers to talk to each other in the game and it can be so annoying when you go too use whisper only too find that you just whispered your message to a fracken gold seller.

• NCSOFT

Thank you for reporting these bots to us. We have forwarded the issue along to the team to add these character names to the name filter list so they can no longer spam you from these advertisements as well as to look into other means on how to report these users easier.

29 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Thank you for reporting these bots to us. We have forwarded the issue along to the team to add these character names to the name filter list so they can no longer spam you from these advertisements as well as to look into other means on how to report these users easier.

what can I do if my blocklist is FULL.

I've been having the exact same issue. After awhile i just started to ignore the request. To the point where actual players wanting to be my friend got buried among the bots/spammers.
6744a66b75.jpg

Only 1 other friend of mine is having the issue. I guess we're on that special spammer list :(

1 hour ago, YamiKokennin said:

I blocked them and they still able to send request...

Blocking is not helping.

That's because the block function is blocking their character and not their full account.  They'll just make a new character and send another invite, the block function needs to block their whole account or else there's no point in blocking someone.....

Yea I am also getting numerous requests from these people, please anything you can do to help is get rid of them in our game play experience would be greatly appreciated!

G G A T M c o m S e l l G O L D i o f e

G G A T M c o m S e l l G o l d

W T B G G c o m S e l l G O L D   i u s

W T B G G c o m S e l l G o l d

Somehow these accounts can send me request after request, Despite being on my block list and spam list.

Is there maybe a way we can consolidate our block lists into one? I have 8 characters and having to block the same people over and over get really annoying fast.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Is there any chance we can get a filter function to block messages containing certain keywords?

If you make a list with banned words they'll just scan through it and bypass it with spaces or other replacement letters in 5 mins. With a personal filter you wouldn't have to wait for you guys to update it either.

8 minutes ago, VirtueXOA said:

You can flush it then reblock. most of the bot you blocked before are banned.

No... they're not. They're really not. I regularly run into bots I'd reported weeks prior, especially in arena. The reports seem to be entirely ineffective, aside from the automated bans attached to the "Report Spammer" function. My assumption at this point is that they're simply a placebo to give us something to do while NC tries to make something out of the steaming pile of *cricket* that is GameGuard.

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

No... they're not. They're really not. I regularly run into bots I'd reported weeks prior, especially in arena. The reports seem to be entirely ineffective. My assumption at this point is that they're simply a placebo to give us something to do while NC tries to make something out of the steaming pile of *cricket* that is GameGuard.

Well on my server i report bot often, cant talk about arena, since i never remember the bots names in there but for exemple in SSP bots are banned every weeks (since 3 weeks)  , at least a part of them. We first see gon destro bots, now banned , we got the BD lyn bots now and a part of them are already banned. Maybe we got lucky, but they are banned.

Plus, the bots that spamm tchat are banned , i'm sure of it , because i already flushed my blocklist once, and you know what ? I dont have to reblock any of them.

the thing i really hate is hack (speedhack) , they realy should fix this but since they ban some of them , it's ok for me , better than nothing !

I still want GM in the game that have ban hammer or even a temp ban , but they dont seems to wanna do it.

Yes i'm tilted about P2progress(bit to fast) , bot and hacks , but even if they dont communicate , they seems to finally move .

13 hours ago, Quantum said:

That's because the block function is blocking their character and not their full account.  They'll just make a new character and send another invite, the block function needs to block their whole account or else there's no point in blocking someone.....

Suppose you are half-right, there are two types of blocks it seems; the spammer block which is stored locally on your computer, bound to your character and only block character names; and the regular block-list, this blocks the player, not the character, and is stored on the servers on your account, however, this block does not seem to actually block friend or party invites (and can't be blocked this way unless you accept their friend invite and block them through the context menu).

They either need to add a feature that disable friend/party invites from blocked players (like it already should), make sure the spam-list block the player not the character or give us a flat out option to ignore all friend and/or party invites altogether. If I want to add a friend I usually talk to the person in question first, I can just disable the option temporarily to add that friend.

If the developers want to argue that it can cause the same problem like the "vote kick" option would do and give the same stand on the matter, I'm giving up all faith in this company.

I'm already getting annoyed with the AFK bots/players that sit at the entrance and get money from the auctions without contributing anything at all, and those guys are in no way penalized for that behavior. They get free gold, just tabbing in once in a while to change group... the developers decision of not implementing vote kick have some merit, but I heavily doubt that it would cause more problems than it would fix.

If they really think all trolls and elitists will start vote kicking left and right, then put it on a cooldown or make sure the party can't invite a new player for some 15 minutes or so, or simply penalize abuse of the vote kick. a 15 minutes ban on inviting new players wouldn't bother the ones that get an AFK, after all, the party is already a man short, they will run that instance 5-man regardless, but they don't have to feed the AFK free stuff then.

Err, guess the latter part is off-topic, but I really don't care.

20 hours ago, Arealynn said:

Yea, and u can't report them since system says they never online, LOL

This.

I found out how to make them "stop", just dont remove their request. then they cannot send you any new :D

it's just amazing to me that a game that has been out for 3 yrs cannot figure out how to keep hackers out yet.plog sanctum is now being farmed by these damm hackers and ncsoft does not have a damm glue on how to stop them.

My question is: Would it be okay to accept a bot's friend request and simply block them after I've added them? The only reason I haven't tried this yet is because of some as of yet unsubstantiated rumor that we can get banned out of "association" with bot accounts.

its such a complicated thing to solve, i mean its only been going on since day one and they are loosing many players each day to the bot/gold seller/cheater issue, so they are working on it as number one priority, i mean cant you see how much has been happening in 3 months?

I mean litterally.....nothing....in 3 months...gg.....

its the same characters sending the friend invites since day one btw....so much gg.

• 1 month later...

Archived