WK

Well played NCSoft

Recommended Posts

WK   

Hello everyone,

 

I stopped playing the game due to a variety of reason.  Biggest one was the optimization and grind involved.  I use to buy premium membership through NCoins when 30 days was available.  Once that was gone I purchased 30 more days through the site.  Thought it was easy enough.  Didn't think it was a big deal.  However, I must of missed some sort of fine print and stupid me should have checked the account settings, but it added a subscription to my account and just withdrew another 30 days worth of premium membership today even though its been about 1-2 weeks since I logged in.

 

I know if I contest it, there will be a very good chance that my account will be banned or closed.  I was hoping if things got better I jump back on if NCsoft decided to fix the issues at hand, but it looks like they just got another 11.99 out of me.  Well done NCSoft.  I hope you use it to actually fix your game.

 

For all those who quit playing the game.  Check your account settings and make sure there is no subscription.  

 

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeLulu   

So right at the top of the purchase page:

"Subscribe to a Premium Membership to enhance your Blade & Soul experience."

If you look at the FAQs right below it, it clearly states that you are agreeing to subscribe and have your card charged on a regular basis. None of this was hidden and I found all of it within 30 seconds of looking. It wasn't even "fine print", it was written plainly as day. It's not NCSoft's fault that you failed to read the terms before signing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WK   
2 minutes ago, LimeLulu said:

So right at the top of the purchase page:

"Subscribe to a Premium Membership to enhance your Blade & Soul experience."

If you look at the FAQs right below it, it clearly states that you are agreeing to subscribe and have your card charged on a regular basis. None of this was hidden and I found all of it within 30 seconds of looking. It wasn't even "fine print", it was written plainly as day. It's not NCSoft's fault that you failed to read the terms before signing up. 

Even though your point is valid.  I just took the 30 days and didn't think about reading the FAQ.  My initial thought it was like the NCoins where you would buy it 30 days at a time or however long you would like the membership.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
12 minutes ago, WK said:

Even though your point is valid.  I just took the 30 days and didn't think about reading the FAQ.  My initial thought it was like the NCoins where you would buy it 30 days at a time or however long you would like the membership.  

 

This is a trap unfortunately where most other sites warn you that it will be a subscription OR just a once off 30 day fee.

 

NCsoft West is renown for pushing the line on what they can get away with ever since Lineage 2.

Edited by Taemek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
28 minutes ago, WK said:

Even though your point is valid.  I just took the 30 days and didn't think about reading the FAQ.  My initial thought it was like the NCoins where you would buy it 30 days at a time or however long you would like the membership.  

 

Then it's your own fault isn't it if you did not even bother to read the FAQs in big font right below, not like they are even trying to hide it in small font so ppl would miss it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syanonn   

Guess it got buried, when it first came out - it was pretty heavily advertised as reoccurring subscription if you purchase premium from the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if my story will make you feel any better,but here it is.

 

Many years ago i thought i would be playing Aion,so i bought a year with my credit card.After the year it charged me with one more year,couse i didnt cancel it or something :P.

How much time u ask me i played aion?It was about 2 weeks and i payed for 2 years :P.

PS:Good old times when i was working well and had some cash around and didnt care much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
31 minutes ago, vita said:

Then it's your own fault isn't it if you did not even bother to read the FAQs in big font right below, not like they are even trying to hide it in small font so ppl would miss it

Almost every other company out there prompts you of what is happening and what will happen, you are either warned that it will be a *reoccurring* subscription OR that it is a one off payment for 30 days. If you pay through Paypal you get this prompt, if you pay through the in game shop, you don't.

 

Again, there is a line and NCsoft know how to walk it, and they do without batting an eye lid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
13 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

I dont know if my story will make you feel any better,but here it is.

 

Many years ago i thought i would be playing Aion,so i bought a year with my credit card.After the year it charged me with one more year,couse i didnt cancel it or something :P.

How much time u ask me i played aion?It was about 2 weeks and i payed for 2 years :P.

PS:Good old times when i was working well and had some cash around and didnt care much.

 

This right here, how much money do you think they make off people who are in the same mindset, its only 12 bux right? Ahhhh who cares, I will unsubscribe next month, I don't have time today.......6 months later..........oh damn, I forgot to unsubscribe, I will do that now.

 

It happens a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Taemek said:

Almost every other company out there prompts you of what is happening and what will happen, you are either warned that it will be a *reoccurring* subscription OR that it is a one off payment for 30 days. If you pay through Paypal you get this prompt, if you pay through the in game shop, you don't.

 

Again, there is a line and NCsoft know how to walk it, and they do without batting an eye lid.

i don't rely on prompt, I do not trust any company to inform me, I will always read any FAQs that are present and make sure I understand them. If information is provided then it's up to the consumer to actually read it, if they do not and simply assume then it's not the company's fault. Yes how the company present the information is important as well, but as a smart consumer it's equally important that you do not assume anything and read any FAQs that they put there, it's there for a reason. Hence when someone said, oh I thought it's not going to be recurring and I didn't bother to read the FAQs even though it's big right under there, I would still say well it's your own fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
3 minutes ago, vita said:

i don't rely on prompt, I do not trust any company to inform me, I will always read any FAQs that are present and make sure I understand them. If information is provided then it's up to the consumer to actually read it, if they do not and simply assume then it's not the company's fault. Yes how the company present the information is important as well, but as a smart consumer it's equally important that you do not assume anything and read any FAQs that they put there, it's there for a reason. Hence when someone said, oh I thought it's not going to be recurring and I didn't bother to read the FAQs even though it's big right under there, I would still say well it's your own fault.

Let me explain this again.

 

Paypal prompts you, the in game store does not, it just auto completes the second you hit the button, see the issue here?

Edited by Taemek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Taemek said:

Let me explain this again.

 

Paypal prompts you, the in game store does not, see the issue here?

Let me explain again, information is provided, read it.

 

And I don't use pay pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
Just now, vita said:

Let me explain again, information is provided, read it.

 

And I don't use pay pal.

The information is provided in the wrong spot.

 

It needs to be made transparent at either the check out OR in the description of the content you are purchasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Taemek said:

The information is provided in the wrong spot.

 

It needs to be made transparent at either the check out OR in the description of the content you are purchasing.

Information is right below it, there is a link on top that says Read the FAQs, seems like the right spot to me.

 

Or consumer nowadays are so lazy to even scroll down a bit and read the FAQs. Like I said, the information is not hidden, it's there and it does tells you to read the FAQs below. I do agree that it can be more visible but since the information is not hidden at all and if anyone would take a moment to read it, they would know that this is a recurring sub.

 

Do consumer nowadays just pay for stuff without actually reading anything, even the FAQs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
4 minutes ago, vita said:

Information is right below it, there is a link on top that says Read the FAQs, seems like the right spot to me.

 

Or consumer nowadays are so lazy to even scroll down a bit and read the FAQs. Like I said, the information is not hidden, it's there and it does tells you to read the FAQs below. I do agree that it can be more visible but since the information is not hidden at all and if anyone would take a moment to read it, they would know that this is a recurring sub.

 

Do consumer nowadays just pay for stuff without actually reading anything, even the FAQs.

We are talking about Hongmoon shop purchases champ, not forum warrioring for FAQ's that no one comes here to search for when purchasing in game content....

 

Go check it for yourself and tell us where it states that it will be a reoccurring subscription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Taemek said:

We are talking about Hongmoon shop purchases champ, not forum warrioring for FAQ's that no one comes here to search for when purchasing in game content....

 

Go check it for yourself and tell us where it states that it will be a reoccurring subscription.

Dude, the OP mention he bought it from the site not the one from the HM store, HM store doesn't have 30 days anymore, it's just 90 days non-recurring sub. I bought that 90 days myself. And previously when 30 days is available in-game it was never recurring, it has always been a 1 time use only.

 

My god, did you even read what the OP was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
3 minutes ago, vita said:

Dude, the OP mention he bought it from the site not the one from the HM store, HM store doesn't have 30 days anymore, it's just 90 days non-recurring sub. I bought that 90 days myself. And previously when 30 days is available in-game it was never recurring, it has always been a 1 time use only.

 

My god, did you even read what the OP was talking about.

Either way, there is a standard when purchasing online products and it comes with a prompt that tells you exactly what you are buying.

 

We have pointed out that the in game store and official website does not do this and you are defending it by saying we have to go to some hidden webpage on a forum to find out how it works, yet paying via PayPal clearly spells it out for you, in your face upon check out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
Just now, Taemek said:

Either way, there is a standard when purchasing online products and it comes with a prompt that tells you exactly what you are buying.

 

We have pointed out that the in game store and official website does not do this and you are defending it by saying we have to go to some hidden webpage on a forum to find out how it works, yet paying via PayPal clearly spells it out for you, in your face upon check out.

What is there to prompt, you can't even buy recurring from in-game only through the website.

 

And if you buy from the website the information is already there, prompt or no prompt if you do not read it's your own fault. It's not even hidden. You have to be on the page where the FAQs is to even click buy.

 

Anyway this argument is going no where, there is no point to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now