Question about Overflow for Sunflower

kiwituatara

Hi guys,

So I understand that you need to get 5x Photosynthesis to get to Overflow. The trouble I'm having is getting those stacks. I find that sometimes I am not getting my stacks when I'm hitting something under the "prerequisites" (stealth stance, Doom n' Bloom, Flying Nettles, on pinned down enemy).

My question is:

Does it have to be a Sunflower hit under the prerequisites?

Does it have to be a critical hit under the prerequisites?

Also can somebody give me advice on stacking Photosynthesis efficiently?
I get that the rotation is something like:

1. 1=>F
  2. LMB & RMB (multiple times)
  3. F
  4. LMB & RMB (multiple times)
  5. Repeat 1-4 until 5 stacks and spam RMB

But I am having trouble with bosses that move around a lot (going out of my Flying Nettles).

Thanks!

For bosses you have 3 options to make them stay still:

1. Use cat jump with joint technique to knockdown and pin boss. (r+r) I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't work if you use other skills, so I just wait until the combo is finished before I spam skills.

2. Root (when you root don't distance yourself too much or the boss might jump you and lose root)

3. Cat taunt.

You can alternate this way and the boss can practically be made to stay still 90% of the time. For example pin down (R-R)+Q+1+Q+ counter (4) to reset 1+ 1 + Q + R-R, etc.

Each time the boss stays still I use D'n'B with focus regen. LMB+RMB twice for 2 photo stacks +F (flying nettles)+ LMB+RMB 3 times (so 5 super sunflower shots total) for overflow. Having stage 4 sunflower with increased overflow duration is very nice dps and also gives you time for D'n'B to reset.

This is what I use, I rarely use 1+f or 2+f then D'n'B. Might be better for overflow though, but my luck with focus regen is bad so I usually end up with 1 super sunflower hit before I run out of focus, and my whole routine gets messed up.

Ah ok. This clears things up a lot. Thanks guys!

Now I have another question about focus regen.

My weapons says:
-Triggers 100% Focus restoration

How do you trigger this?

Is there an internal cooldown? If so, how long is it?

3 minutes ago, kiwituatara said:

Ah ok. This clears things up a lot. Thanks guys!

Now I have another question about focus regen.

My weapons says:
-Triggers 100% Focus restoration

How do you trigger this?

Is there an internal cooldown? If so, how long is it?

Random trigger, not sure if there is a cooldown though.

Ah sorry about that, I confused the 18.7% crit damage with the trigger chance for focus recovery. Either way the trigger for focus regen or any other bonus is applied when using attacks. The rate is well below 50%, I'm thinking maybe 20-25% (just my opinion). But I don't think there are any ways to increase the rate, it's a fixed stat.

Archived