I think it's time to put this game to sleep -_-

Kaid

On 4/25/2016 at 0:58 PM, Kaid said:

@Fatalyz Let me open the door for you to leave :) Thank you, learn some manners before you starting false arguments, disrespecting and calling people trash.

To explain, I have no problems with game start, already know how this game works, but for those who just starting it, to get the hang on, it's difficult, I had to explain alot for friends that just started the game to save their charms and starter weapon/acc etc..

I don't see how it's easy to upgrade and get gold? Guide me. I'm struggling with dailies 24 6g and + mushin 1g =7g
Maybe Naryu and other dungeon if had time, switching painfully between characters crafting, and no, you can't call crafting and selling on markets a reliable source for money, I've been making pen/hex diamonds pouch and can't get them sold, listing the lowest price, the next day I find my item failed to sell and the new price dropped by half in the market (no blaming) it's just not a reliable source. Might get lucky sometimes tho.
Tried making moonwater stone maybe to sell or use, but when I go dungeons to get materials like moonwater tears, people bids 2~4s lower than market price, what's the point? The materials will cost more than crafted item if I'm going to buy off the market.

Upgrading my "main" weapon to next level cost +80g, my alt 30g (only weapon) and about +25g for acc.

Seriously look at this
7186d8c.jpg
I'm making those charts often to see amount of profit I get of making and if item sold.
It's a personal charts so don't look too deep in to it xD

Not to mention those materials are need for upgrading as well -_-

I'm taking this game way too serious lol.

So yea, the only thing I can do is with my main sin, he is like the father of my alt, working so hard to get his and their needs lol :(

First off, why are you buying materials for your MTS? You can solo Brightstone ruins for the Merry potters recipe and the Moonwater tears. You can pvp for soulstones. I am constantly sitting 19000 zen beans which is equivalent to 270(55g) soul stones if you're ranked gold. Not to mention there are a lot of pvp daily scrolls that give you 400-3000zen beans each quest. 

You should also be running Naryu. It has 3 dailies to complete and not to mention people still bid ABSURD prices for the honorary ornaments(12g I think?), soul shields(50s-2g) and ancient fragments(10-18s ea)/packages(3-6g)ea.

The only Diamond gem worth anything at all is the attack power one. If you didn't get that one, don't even bother trying to sell it. Just salvage it.

Also I was addressing your hammer complaint by saying you can craft repair hammers ALL DAY if it's expensive cost is really an issue.

Summary: Stop wasting your time running 24 man when your server is dead because there are much better ways to make money.

Also note: I only play a few hours a day and I'm sitting on 170g and that's while funding my girlfriend's character too. She's already on the pirate weapon.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I tried running Pigstey solo, and died fast. At the time, my ap was 380 iirc. But moon tears are 9s each, so I bought 100 for crafting, and paid for refiners (8 g). I did have 100 ss. So my mts cost me about 1 g each.

now, with pvp, I am in silver. I just used 5k beans to unlock my hm skill. I cannot defeat Jung Hado, my framing is not keeping up with his aerial. I want to keep trying this route, as I find it interesting. But it needs time investment on my part to rehearse jung hado and I prefer not to do it when I am tired.

i am happy with my 16-21 ss a day routine for now in ow pvp

but on the dungeon side I am not that good. I actually liked blood shade more than black ram, but I find after I run one dungeon, I can't make myself run another. 

So is labyrinth worth trying? I can watch a video to see how long it takes, and if it is confusing.

i still need a lot of perfumes and machismo. 

I have about 1 to 2.5 hrs a day to play, and mostly when I am tired or not yet awake.

You're a summoner correct?

Summoner is the other class that can solo everything in the game. My girlfriend beat down Junghado and Mushin at 400AP.

From what I saw, you have to chain cc them with your pet. Make sure you pin him down every time it's up. Root him on cooldown. Also your seed shroud blocks Junghado's dragon rage. You absolutely MUST block that skill or you lose.

Also another thing about summoner. You should be able to get to Gold like it's nothing. Summoner is the easiest class in the game to play with the tradeoff being they have the lowest skill ceiling. My girlfriend is a summoner and she got to gold in less than 1 hour using a pve spec.

I tried running Pigstey solo, and died fast. At the time, my ap was 380 iirc. But moon tears are 9s each, so I bought 100 for crafting, and paid for refiners (8 g). I did have 100 ss. So my mts cost me about 1 g each.

now, with pvp, I am in silver. I just used 5k beans to unlock my hm skill. I cannot defeat Jung Hado, the only viable small dragon source, my framing is not keeping up with his aerial. I want to keep trying this route, as I find it interesting. But it needs time investment on my part to rehearse jung hado and I prefer not to do it when I am tired.

i am happy with my 16-21 ss a day routine for now in ow pvp

but on the dungeon side I am not that good. I actually liked blood shade more than black ram, but I find after I run one dungeon, I can't make myself run another. 

So is labyrinth worth trying? I can watch a video to see how long it takes, and if it is confusing.

i still need a lot of perfumes and machismo. 

I have about 1 to 2.5 hrs a day to play, and mostly when I am tired or not yet awake. I am aware that I am chronically underslept because of the gaming, and I still like to continue playing.

47 minutes ago, Fatalyz said:

You're a summoner correct?

Summoner is the other class that can solo everything in the game. My girlfriend beat down Junghado and Mushin at 400AP.

From what I saw, you have to chain cc them with your pet. Make sure you pin him down every time it's up. Root him on cooldown. Also your seed shroud blocks Junghado's dragon rage. You absolutely MUST block that skill or you lose.

Also another thing about summoner. You should be able to get to Gold like it's nothing. Summoner is the easiest class in the game to play with the tradeoff being they have the lowest skill ceiling. My girlfriend is a summoner and she got to gold in less than 1 hour using a pve spec.

I can only do what I can, and no more than that. I stayed in silver, gone gold a couple of times, but did not stay there. This season, it is harder, as a lot of people are still working their way up who are millions times better than I am.  I see no problems staying silver. I am too old and too tired to do better.

one thing that frustrates me it's that I cannot focus on arenas with million other things to keep up on a daily basis.

As for Hado, well, as I said I will keep trying, but It is not improbable that I might not have the reflexes to keep up with him. 

your gf is awesome, congratulations on your awesome taste in ladies.

41 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I can only do what I can, and no more than that. I stayed in silver, gone gold a couple of times, but did not stay there. This season, it is harder, as a lot of people are still working their way up who are millions times better than I am.  I see no problems staying silver. I am too old and too tired to do better.

one thing that frustrates me it's that I cannot focus on arenas with million other things to keep up on a daily basis.

As for Hado, well, as I said I will keep trying, but It is not improbable that I might not have the reflexes to keep up with him. 

your gf is awesome, congratulations on your awesome taste in ladies.

Reflexes are not necessary to avoid dragon rage. When he turns red and becomes invulnerable it means he's about to aerial you. You use seed shroud and should not take any damage while you are invisible. Junghado announces every move he does too.....

There are plenty of very good guides on what Junghado and mushin does. You might want to take a look.

I did, actually. That is how I know that I was not I-framing (seed shrouding) correctly. I was using it too early or making an attack that cancels it if Jung Hado did not jump. I did not try it yet after l was explained that something glows red around him before he starts aerial. That's why I said I will need to rehearse the fight, when I have a day off and can put some time into it and focus. If I do that, I can then play arenas. But that will leave no time for the dungeons. Not ideal, but I can rotate days.

@DomiSotto Yeah, I wish they merge servers so we can enjoy more :(

Lucky, you in a live guild, when and if I join a guild, it dies within a week or two.

I can't solo some dungeons either, the pigstey is impossible, I watched videos over and over, and learned that I have to kill the mushroom at first boss to stop AoE poison, but it was nightmare, the ground turned all green, every pixel, no where to stand safe, even outside boss room! I searched for mushroom but there was non? Got 10 poison stacks and died, maybe dungeon got bugged, and tried again, and the same thing happened, It's just not really worth the time I spend on solo for rng and few silvers.
I can spend the same time on poh 24 for guaranteed 3g, solo all bosses too, except Pohran.

But for BSH 24 it takes forever -_-

It's just when I start the game I go to the fastest guaranteed way of making golds, then start with most rewarding dungeons.

And gold on the arena is impossible with those almighty bots.

DomiSotto, Currently I'm on 375ap+25ap diamond, and BSH mixed with Naryu SS, I find it pretty easy to run all 6f to Junghado, his fight can be challenging, 2 aerial combos enough to kill me, but since he doesn't require double cc like bosses, you can trap him in cc most of the time, keep your HP above his aerial combo damage incase he broke and watch the ice AoE, you can figure his rotation fast :)
Also Pvp builds works pretty neat on him!

So wait, your argument is it is NCSofts fault that players do not run old content? Lol, now, i too reached level 50 late and was stuck on profane while everyone else was miles ahead, like a week and a half a go i was stuck on awakened siren im now true pirate, 99% of mats are purchasable via the market place, moonwater transformation stones csn be crafted, also after true profane u have the oathbreaker option which is more expensive but takes mats from new expansion, so u cN bypass the end content of 45 reguardless of ur pace, i was a noob had no problem adjusting to tbis game, the new expansion can be easily done even in true infernal, when i began 5he new lands i went in at 44, with a true infernal weapon and not a single upgrade on my accessories xD this games pretty noob friendly and offers multiple catch up methods to many players

I support the OP's concerns.

When I started playing BNS I was very excited about the nice ways to progress.

Then I hit level 45 and things became stale and boring VERY fast.

Leveling was a pain and upgrading anything was far too expensive.

Moonwater transformation stones were unaffordable for me until much later.

Now with the fact that content is rushed out when I am not even 50 yet or in true or breeze wepaon I just think it will get much worse for me. There is nobody to do world bosses and dungeons take a longer time to finally find a group and go. Farming ssp is impossiible due to bots and hackers.

Then there is the RNG. That's the main reason I sort of quit playing the game. Having to run brighstone ruins over and over to get your razor to drop is just plain stupid. It's a very boring dungeon with a very small chance to get the weapon you need to upgrade your main weapon and to progress. After 20+runs I can't be bothered anymore to login.

Not since I found out that The Secret World went f2p and has a sale to buy the game for only 10 bucks. I'm enjoying that game far more now, but I can't help but feel that it's a shame I couldn't invest so much time and money in BNS, because at it's core it's a beautiful game.

12 hours ago, Kaid said:

@DomiSotto Yeah, I wish they merge servers so we can enjoy more :(

Lucky, you in a live guild, when and if I join a guild, it dies within a week or two.

I can't solo some dungeons either, the pigstey is impossible, I watched videos over and over, and learned that I have to kill the mushroom at first boss to stop AoE poison, but it was nightmare, the ground turned all green, every pixel, no where to stand safe, even outside boss room! I searched for mushroom but there was non? Got 10 poison stacks and died, maybe dungeon got bugged, and tried again, and the same thing happened, It's just not really worth the time I spend on solo for rng and few silvers.
I can spend the same time on poh 24 for guaranteed 3g, solo all bosses too, except Pohran.

But for BSH 24 it takes forever -_-

It's just when I start the game I go to the fastest guaranteed way of making golds, then start with most rewarding dungeons.

And gold on the arena is impossible with those almighty bots.

DomiSotto, Currently I'm on 375ap+25ap diamond, and BSH mixed with Naryu SS, I find it pretty easy to run all 6f to Junghado, his fight can be challenging, 2 aerial combos enough to kill me, but since he doesn't require double cc like bosses, you can trap him in cc most of the time, keep your HP above his aerial combo damage incase he broke and watch the ice AoE, you can figure his rotation fast :)
Also Pvp builds works pretty neat on him!

I have a day off on Thursday, so I can experiment with Jung Hado. I also read the description for Naryu Labyrinth, it sounds horrible. I am starting to actually hate the idea of playing my toon because I feel I must do the three 45 dungeons, and a few times each for machismo and perfumes, and I really don't want to. And if memory serves, labyrinth has something you got to farm in spades too.

8 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I have a day off on Thursday, so I can experiment with Jung Hado. I also read the description for Naryu Labyrinth, it sounds horrible. I am starting to actually hate the idea of playing my toon because I feel I must do the three 45 dungeons, and a few times each for machismo and perfumes, and I really don't want to. And if memory serves, labyrinth has something you got to farm in spades too.

You farm the Labyrinth pieces (you need 80 of them) to purchase your Moonwater Soul, an equip that gives you +10 AP and can later be evolved into a Soul that gives +15 AP and is upgradeable like your weapon/accessories. You'd also technically want the soul shields from there as a baseline to start doing the harder level 50 content, but with BSH soulshields I still found Yeti 6-man (where you get the Yeti SS) to be pretty easy to farm, so you could probably just skip that.

You can skip the Moonwater Soul entirely by obtaining the three-piece set that drops from the current 4-man dungeons (Broken Oathbreaker's Sword Blade, Broken Oathbreaker's Sword Blade Point, and Broken Oathbreaker's False Edge). Alternatively, since I know you avoid dungeons like the plague, you can buy those three pieces off the MB, though they'll cost you a pretty penny.

I use some leve 50 blue pieces from frost scale, and assorted others on my ss, because you can't fuse level 50 stuff on the lower level ss. I am sort of reluctant to drop it back to level 45 ss. I guess I will need a soul though, because there is no way I can do a harder version of the dungeons. 6m is plenty for me. Well, there goes my day off, I suppose. 

4 hours ago, Dray0s said:

So wait, your argument is it is NCSofts fault that players do not run old content? Lol, now, i too reached level 50 late and was stuck on profane while everyone else was miles ahead, like a week and a half a go i was stuck on awakened siren im now true pirate, 99% of mats are purchasable via the market place, moonwater transformation stones csn be crafted, also after true profane u have the oathbreaker option which is more expensive but takes mats from new expansion, so u cN bypass the end content of 45 reguardless of ur pace, i was a noob had no problem adjusting to tbis game, the new expansion can be easily done even in true infernal, when i began 5he new lands i went in at 44, with a true infernal weapon and not a single upgrade on my accessories xD this games pretty noob friendly and offers multiple catch up methods to many players

You talking as if this game giving 5g just for login and 5g for each dungeon quest.

Why would I buy materials of market? They will cost me more than the crafted item, I could just buy the stones and save the troubles.

Noob friendly o_o...Yeaah, believe me, you are the first person I've ever seen saying this game is noob friendly. It can be friendly as you want as much as you pay real money for it ;)

And yes it's game creators fault for not attracting/keep players on the game. Give them reasons, the only goal in this game is upgrading weapon, after hitting max, there is nothing for you to do. maybe messing with friends, or wait next update where they open new area and weapon path with insane cost, that's the only thing they thought of to keep players busy with in the game.
Then what's the point of having low lv dungeons  and open world bosses there? And you must do them for upgrading your own weapon/acc. How can those new players solo Deva, Lycan, Profane..? Skipping? Why even playing? Just skip the whole game and let us start at lv50 area :D?

4ea0aa8c73cd0ffb9c3524707745d21710375793

@DomiSotto Naryu are good ones, but you will have hard times getting it, as other players might bid as high as 9g for each piece. You have better chance getting BSH, no need to fuse it or use the lame blue ones, BSH give you crit up to 40% (depends on class) Nice damage boost. The one time I got my Naryu was by joining +lv50Hm5 that wanted to do the quests only, so I got to keep all the loots, that was very nice and lucky I guess :)

Don't bother with 45 SS much, BSH should be enough to get you to Yeti or other good 50 SS.

The level 50 blues are actually not bad. The stats were overall higher than what I was getting from BSH pieces after I fused crit level 50s on. I was planning to keep that on till (and if) I do Yeti.

And yes it's game creators fault for not attracting/keep players on the game. Give them reasons, the only goal in this game is upgrading weapon, after hitting max, there is nothing for you to do. maybe messing with friends, or wait next update where they open new area and weapon path with insane cost, that's the only thing they thought of to keep players busy with in the game.

Well, the way I see it, BnS is very heavy right now on the things to do, and the need for weapon upgrades is fairly high to keep up with some interesting content (SSP, or 6vs 6).

My problem is in terms of low payback per hour invested in the game and that all methods of earning high amounts of gold starts with: "once you gear up".... I think I might check out the markets for the Silverfrost hammers and quartz prices.

u can do yeti 6 with 400ap party if anyone know how to do it.

if u need advices on yeti, u can check youtube, where a huge amount of players looked when released  to understand it, or u can ask on a polite thread .

i did necro 6 with 5 players with average ap of 400. (some 360ish ap and 1 500+)

considering they are raising stingers on these dungeons, i bet u can find more players doing them, even in LFG. i suggest to do yeti6 until u get all the bopae. remember u can have 1 piece of bopae on dynamic reward also, so no need to bid tons of golds on them pieces when released from bosses.

I know that Yeti is doable by a good player with my AP, but I am not a good player, and I have a distinctive feeling that my secondary stats are poor. I am really uncomfortable with jumping to harder content before figuring out the easier one. I'll certainly try Jung Hado tomorrow.

i am thinking though that everyone will be playing the new dungeons tomorrow at release, so maybe I will just alt and wait till weekend to try out Naryu Labirinth. Well, if I don't get the pop. 

@TofuChickenThe new weap. path is no way "easier" than Pirate path. With weapon in the ~350AP and HP ~3500, how can players compete in Silverfrost content? My fm and summ was in the ~400AP and neither had a "easy" time doing the Silverforst main story quest. It was just slightly easier w/ my summ. Ppl still need mats obtainable from BSH/POH and the 24men version. But both 24men and x-servers for those dungeons take longer than before to complete due to lack of ppl. Not to mention getting 190 soulstones for the initial upgrade. Let's not even mention misty woods. Just SSP, even if you are in the winning faction, w/o good gears you do NOT deal enough dmg to earn credit. The same applies to almost everything in Sliverfrost. True, you earn more $ in Silverfrost quests, but its useless if you can't complete them.

Build variety/player style: I went from GW2 to BnS. I was an Elementalist in GW2. And I had no interest in being a glass canon, but the game's equipment and accessories offer such diversity that I often outlive some of the tank class in my guildies, while dealing good dmg, a few patches ago. I was able to skip when we need to in dungeons w/o dying. But BnS has very little choice. Everyone's priority is Crit. & Acc, and same with SSheilds. Best build in this game is a "singular" term. At least for GW2, there are arguably many "best builds" that fit player's need/style. Let's not kid ourselves here.

@Fatalyz I don't agree with almost everything you said, but what made me LOL was that solo farming Brightstone for Merry Potter recipe. You made it sound like if you run it, its a guarantee drop. There is a "chance" for it to drop. Granted I've ran it ~50 times (not many), and not once I've seen it drop. And I've seen secret technique drop in BSH twice so far. Say you are pretty good, you clear the dungeon in ~20 mins, how many hours do you need to farm, while doing nothing else as casual player everyday, to finally get that recipe? And what if RNG just won't grace its power upon you? They might as well be farming BSH/POH, at least they will see tangible progression/earning.

Sure summ has a better chance at winning arena against "real ppl". Bots? Hackers??? Let's not sugarcoat what you can do, with what you can actually accomplish under the current trend in BnS for new players.

27 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I know that Yeti is doable by a good player with my AP, but I am not a good player, and I have a distinctive feeling that my secondary stats are poor. I am really uncomfortable with jumping to harder content before figuring out the easier one. I'll certainly try Jung Hado tomorrow.

i am thinking though that everyone will be playing the new dungeons tomorrow at release, so maybe I will just alt and wait till weekend to try out Naryu Labirinth. Well, if I don't get the pop. 

As a summ (if you are) its definitely doable for Naryu and Mushin 7F ~400AP+. It may be hard finding Naryu grp in that AP range, because everyone is looking for ~450+. I don't run ~400AP unless I am w/ clannies, becuase I will pull aggro too much (FM 500AP+) and that just make melee class life miserable.

@Fatalyz Is correct to CC at Jun.

This build: https://bnstree.com/SU/NysFe-K5g

And this build https://bnstree.com/SU/Nk0aInd5g

I think I used a mixture of those 2 builds. Begin the fight with tab and kitty taunt. Make sure to kitty taunt Jun when you see him targeting you, then CC him when he summons the ice circles and CC him after he does that thunder sword attack toward you. When he does those resist moves, get ready to stealth/taunt him, if those are on cd use your invulnerability(X?) or drink that 10s invulnerability pot. After you get the rhythm, you'll really see how OP your kitty is.

PS. Don't forget to heal your kitty tho, its taking a lot of dmg for you.

Yeah, I spent over 2 hours trying to kill Junghado, and I could not. The best I did was 50K hitpoints. Usually he kills me around 200K.  Probably it's time to really admit that I am really just too stupid to play this game. I think I will go back to ME. I am not getting anywhere with this one. Oh, well.   Good game, I am just not smart enough, so I am better off quitting while I am behind

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Yeah, I spent over 2 hours trying to kill Junghado, and I could not. The best I did was 50K hitpoints. Usually he kills me around 200K.  Probably it's time to really admit that I am really just too stupid to play this game. I think I will go back to ME. I am not getting anywhere with this one. Oh, well.   Good game, I am just not smart enough, so I am better off quitting while I am behind

What's your class/ do you know the mechanics of Junghado fight by now? I could help.

I know the mechanics, what to do for my class, it is supposed to be really easy. I just can't manage the battle. I am just not good enough at gaming, that's all. SO, what's the point of hitting my head against the wall. If it's not Jung Hado, it will be something else. 

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I know the mechanics, what to do for my class, it is supposed to be really easy. I just can't manage the battle. I am just not good enough at gaming, that's all. SO, what's the point of hitting my head against the wall. If it's not Jung Hado, it will be something else. 

With that attitude humanity wouldn't have landed a dude on the moon.

Sucking at something is the first step to being kinda good at something. No one can judge you for failing, unlike giving up.

@DomiSotto My friend couldn't beat the Jingashi boss at 4th floor. Running BM with 420ap and BSH SS.  He pmed me asking me what to do hearing that all other BMs finds it easy and they can kill Junghado with lower gears. I helped him rebuild his skills, and taught him how to keep foes trapped in CC.

Long pvp fight with broken weapons at Mushin tower :)

After that, he went to try again, beaten all 6 floors to Junghado, couldn't beat him but was so happy that he can go their that easy now.

Practice makes perfect. Don't give up.

With our current gears his fight is challenging, sometimes I mess up, as I said before 2 aerial combos enough to set me dead. so keeping my life saver skills for time like this,  i-frame or backstep to stop his 5 points hit before aerial. Using 2-3 healing tonics in those fights. Yeah he is no joke o_o

Those you see on videos probably got way better gears and ap than us, that's why their fight looks easy.

And some people like trolling saying everything is easy...

I really wish if we were on the same server x(

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

With that attitude humanity wouldn't have landed a dude on the moon.

Sucking at something is the first step to being kinda good at something. No one can judge you for failing, unlike giving up.

Golden words.

Archived