I think it's time to put this game to sleep -_-

Kaid

12 hours ago, Kaid said:

I can't do any quest because they are weak and die fast, using moonwater lv45 soulshield which the only one you can get at 45, tried doing poh 24, but no one there, it's dead, 

It gets better. Try waiting for a 6 man X-server dungeon so you can farm your purple weapon, but you may have to wait 15 mins or more for someone to jump in.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is definitely not newb-friendly. Especially after you reach Misty Woods and try to do faction dailies and a level 50 HM(?) is purposely scouting the area to flatten you with their 500+ AP to feed their low self-esteem (throughout the day it's worse, even at night sometimes)

I'm not even going to talk about Lagstone Plains. That area is horrible, boring and the one-shot cheesy boss mechanics are over-tuned and ridiculous.  

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

No, I am not contradicting myself. What I am saying, is that the issues that OP brings up are valid concerns, and that the depopulation of the 24M areas are regrettable. I, however, see the ways around it, and they are not my preference. You, on the other hand, prefer to say that the OP's position is without merit, and s/he is trash.

There is a difference.

Actually OP is complaining that he can't progress and based of the information he provided, he is clearly not utilizing other methods of progression and is instead opting to complain about a method that clearly he cannot leverage in his situation. I offered numerous possibilities of progressing/making money which is why I said what his complaints are without merit.

Just now, Fatalyz said:

Maybe switch factions for an easier experience in misty woods?

I do admit soul stone plains is trash. 

Yeah.. I am crimson though, the dominant faction - and of course there's still the odd OP opposing player ready to gank at any opportunity. :p I do Misty Woods dailies 3 times a day on my 3 characters (after midnight) because of how bad it gets on every channel. x_x

7 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

This game is definitely not newb-friendly. Especially after you reach Misty Woods and try to do faction dailies and a level 50 HM(?) is purposely scouting the area to flatten you with their 500+ AP to feed their low self-esteem (throughout the day it's worse, even at night sometimes)

I'm not even going to talk about Lagstone Plains. That area is horrible, boring and the one-shot cheesy boss mechanics are over-tuned and ridiculous.  

Maybe switch factions for an easier experience in misty woods?

I do admit soul stone plains is trash. 

12 hours ago, Kaid said:

-Stuck
( from too easy to too hrad) at once after 45. seriously anyone thought of this? My alt characters are stuck, after hitting 45 with true profane weapon, can't upgrade, do quests? I can't do any quest because they are weak and die fast, using moonwater lv45 soulshield which the only one you can get at 45, tried doing poh 24, but no one there, it's dead, no way to solo it with current gear. Maybe try faction quests? Those other factions lv50 with better gears keep killing me with 2 hits, tried asking them politely to let me do my quests, but no use, struggling to kill the npcs there, and can't kill other faction wanted guy without them killing me, have to wait a little for them leave, since game almost dead, it's possible with patient. But even tho can't do much to get money and upgrade as I need the soulstones, except milking gold of my main which started earlier with friends and got some good gears,(5~7G a day) barely enough to buy 1 moonwater stone. Now for those who just started this game... I feel sorry for them.

I started playing this game several weeks ago. I'm new to this game but not new to MMORPG. When I hit level 45, I was a little surprised by the jump of difficulty in the Silverfrost quest line, and the lack of options to advance (or catch-up) other than grinding E-Fleet and BSH like everyone else who started at the game's launch.

I was taking my time questing and leveling, and spending gold carefully, so I had enough gold to get Awakened Infernal on all weapons and accessories when I hit 45. However, that is not enough gear to continue into Silverfrost. I had all the un-tradable mats from quests to get to True Profane, but I don't have the gold for the Moonwater stones and upgrade cost. Doing E-Fleet and BSH dailies to earn gold was almost impossible at this gear level without being carried. At this point, I was seriously thinking about buying gold with real money to upgrade my weapon. Luckily, I did a few dungeons with high bidders and was able to upgrade to True Infernal, and continued questing in Silverfrost with the True Infernal (I could be wrong, but I feel not everyone is able to do this with True Infernal). Later, I used gold from Silverfrost questing to upgrade to True Profane, which would take me a lot longer to grind in Moonwater. But now again, I'm in the same boat: grind E-Fleet/BSH or pay a lot of gold to upgrade.

I think this is where the silver-lining is: if you are late into the game, you pay to skip the grind to catch up, or stay behind and grind on your own. In regards to this aspect, the game is not "new player friendly" or "alt friendly" at its current age, but well, they want us to pay real money above all, don't they?

4 minutes ago, Yetan said:

Later, I used gold from Silverfrost questing to upgrade to True Profane, which would take me a lot longer to grind in Moonwater. But now again, I'm in the same boat: grind E-Fleet/BSH or pay a lot of gold to upgrade.

Fortunately, you do not have to. The solo dailies from Silverfrost (North Reach, Herbalist Lodge and Monastery in primal Forest) that you have already done while leveling give as much or more gold per hour as the EFleet/BSH. You will still need to do the 6M versions for mats for your accessories upgrades.

@Fatalyz Let me open the door for you to leave :) Thank you, learn some manners before you starting false arguments, disrespecting and calling people trash.

To explain, I have no problems with game start, already know how this game works, but for those who just starting it, to get the hang on, it's difficult, I had to explain alot for friends that just started the game to save their charms and starter weapon/acc etc..

I don't see how it's easy to upgrade and get gold? Guide me. I'm struggling with dailies 24 6g and + mushin 1g =7g
Maybe Naryu and other dungeon if had time, switching painfully between characters crafting, and no, you can't call crafting and selling on markets a reliable source for money, I've been making pen/hex diamonds pouch and can't get them sold, listing the lowest price, the next day I find my item failed to sell and the new price dropped by half in the market (no blaming) it's just not a reliable source. Might get lucky sometimes tho.
Tried making moonwater stone maybe to sell or use, but when I go dungeons to get materials like moonwater tears, people bids 2~4s lower than market price, what's the point? The materials will cost more than crafted item if I'm going to buy off the market.

Upgrading my "main" weapon to next level cost +80g, my alt 30g (only weapon) and about +25g for acc.

Seriously look at this
7186d8c.jpg
I'm making those charts often to see amount of profit I get of making and if item sold.
It's a personal charts so don't look too deep in to it xD

Not to mention those materials are need for upgrading as well -_-

I'm taking this game way too serious lol.

So yea, the only thing I can do is with my main sin, he is like the father of my alt, working so hard to get his and their needs lol :(

@Devianne

Trust me buddy, I wrote this out of desperation, I like this game alot, been in this problem for a while, kept waiting, even at weekends barely anyone on, check the pic on my 2nd post on page 2, it's 3pm and no one near profane.

Not even afks at chest. Maybe it's better at your server, but not mine.

Right now, trying to upgrade my sin, so I can do better areas maybe or at least rush "solo" faster.

7g a day isn't much. Wish I could do 24 with my alt for more gold farming, but it's impossible for them.
And this is an online game, what's the point if keep soloing :(?

Btw what is BDO xD?

Well, if you are on Iksanun, give me a shout.  I have been working my way through the similar issues, and I will be happy to try to 2M level 45 dungeons for recipes and Moonwater tears, etc or speed-run the dailies in Silverfrost, as it is very tedious solo.

I suppose many people complaining about Silverforst being too hard forget that the people in lv 50s were much longer in the lv 45 area where they had time to upgrade their stuffs. That means that they made the new content suitable for those who actually already had something better so it wouldn't be too easy for them. Also I assume that people who complain about empty 24-man dungeons in 45 area are in low populated servers anyway. I play in decently new server and I never had problem with finding people for E. Fleet and Nightshade Harbor. One possibility is to find a clan and play with other people. It helps surprisingly to gain better gear and gold to play with others that you learn to know and trust. I highly doubt that there aren't any low gear friendly clans.

One possibility is to find a clan and play with other people. It helps surprisingly to gain better gear and gold to play with others that you learn to know and trust.

Recruitment is not really active on my server, and the clans normally are looking for the end-game characters with high AP gear, yes. So far I was unable to find a playgroup in my situation (in other words transitioning from level 45 gear to level 50 gear, needing to go from 400 AP to 450 AP). I've just joined another clan (#3), and I don't know yet if what they do may be far too advanced for me.

I am also leveling the alt, so I might come across a guild on the other faction that is more fitting for my level. I like playing with other people, but I was always reluctant to be carried, and feel most comfortable in a group where my player ability is not too low compared to everyone else. If I don't find the folks to play with, I will just level a few alts and keep my favorite in good enough gear to play till I am tired of it.

The OP seems to be in the same limbo of needing level 45 content grind.

Lol how i see people going you know what since the place is empty just skip it and go to higher level area, da hell is the point of game when you skip the game content -_- i bet the one saying these "WISE WORDS" are higher level who probably farmed that area day and night when they were low levels too but now since they are probably done with that place they can say whatever they want *SMH*

Well gold is probably not a problem for people who has main or maybe friend who give them some, but for people who has got none of those 2 it is a nightmare beside if i remembered well the only way easy gold at level 45 were the 24man daily, level 45 Purple/Blue Dungeon and Transformation Stone Crafting/selling. Since the 24man is empty that's out, no one rarely does 45 Blue or Purple dungeon (tear is in the cash shop why bother do it but..but what abut the breakthrough weapon...NO ONE CARES!) and finally transformation stone well like the previous statement no one rarely does the 45 blue dungeon to farm the rng of that stupid recipe. 

Then i can understand people saying get a guild do those together YES!  you sir are right although nowadays i see "rank 4 guilds" looking to only recruit 500ap people o_O da hell and elitist guild they don't even want to  see any low ap players so that is out of question. There may be some nice guild who would accept any ap player but pretty much they are not going to run 24man/Blue or Purple Dungeon multiples times for each individual that needs it.

No Noob Friendly=They Not Progressing=Population Not Gonna Rise and whatevar comes after that..

4 hours ago, Fatalyz said:

Actually OP is complaining that he can't progress and based of the information he provided, he is clearly not utilizing other methods of progression and is instead opting to complain about a method that clearly he cannot leverage in his situation. I offered numerous possibilities of progressing/making money which is why I said what his complaints are without merit.

Unless he finds those possibilities entertaining, then it is actually your suggestions that are without merit. A video game is supposed to provide entertainment. We already have jobs we go to during the day. When we come home we want to log into BnS and have fun.

NC needs to rebalance all the old and now outdated content to be soloable. Especially the old dungeons for characters under level 45 as the only way to complete them is via the cross server dungeon finder and even that doesn't work all the time because there just aren't any people to do them with anymore.

Low level dungeons have never ever worked. After the first couple of months after release they always become impossible to find people for in a timely manner. I have no idea why developers keep making them but they need to stop. Either make low dungeons that scale to the number of people doing them so that they can be completed solo when there is no one to do them with 4 months down the line or don't make them at all. 

I understand how difficult it has been and I spent so much time just trying to concentrate on my main although I do have one alt. However, with the new patch to come they will HALF the amount of soulstone needed to make moonwater transformation stones hence dropping the cost thus lowering the price in the market. So hopefully, it will help manage the cost somewhat.

@Yetan My point, it's a never end grinding, by the time you reach sliver frost, it's mostly will be dead.

And the same scenario start again...

@DomiSotto Sadly I am at starfall :(

Clan can be an option if it wasn't a joke, looking at the requirement for most (90%) want lv +50 players, you think they would stop at lv, but no, they adding +ap450 as well, and it gets higher every week.
Even if I find one that is nice of taking any players, as TheCreaper said, I don't like to trouble them "carrying" my low alt to get dungeon run.

I could ask my 2 active friends, but really don't want to bother them as I know they are struggling with their gears as well.

However, still playing and keep going -_- let's see how long I'll last before breaking.

Probably not long.

2 hours ago, Ellisande said:

Unless he finds those possibilities entertaining, then it is actually your suggestions that are without merit. A video game is supposed to provide entertainment. We already have jobs we go to during the day. When we come home we want to log into BnS and have fun.

Some MMOs need grinding and some need way more of it. If OP wants entertainment instead of challenge and socializing then there is solo games as option which in my opinion are more of one or two hour entertainment. If people don't find BnS entertaining then obviously it might not be their cup of tea. In my case I find it entertaining and rewarding because I have to work for my gear and after one upgrade I feel so happy. If I wanted something extremely easy and no grindy game at all I would go to private server where everything is basically given on a silver platter. Also one big difference is that I don't have the need to rush to next content even when it is published.

1 hour ago, Kaid said:

Clan can be an option if it wasn't a joke, looking at the requirement for most (90%) want lv +50 players, you think they would stop at lv, but no, they adding +ap450 as well, and it gets higher every week.
Even if I find one that is nice of taking any players, as TheCreaper said, I don't like to trouble them "carrying" my low alt to get dungeon run.

I could ask my 2 active friends, but really don't want to bother them as I know they are struggling with their gears as well.

However, still playing and keep going -_- let's see how long I'll last before breaking.

Probably not long.

Before someone says that I probably suck and got low AP, that might be true. I have reached so far 494 AP and with a proper team that knows teamwork I can do at the moment any dungeon in the game. No I don't get carried because I have reached 494 AP. How? By playing and progressing day by day but what is most important I did it with someone else so I wasn't solo. People who have reached the higher amount of AP without paying a cent for gearing should know the struggle to getting what they have and especially if they were your friends they shouldn't feel that bothered if you ask them to help you with dungeon or two. What comes t the clan recruitment try making friends with the leader. Some of the biggest clans require that high AP because they are running out of space and they cannot accept everyone as their gear is already far ahead. Some people are selfish and don't want to bother with people who still struggle getting Siren or even lower weapons. I don't know how low population your server is but I am sure there are also others with lower gears than those in clans who require 450+ AP.

19 hours ago, TofuChicken said:

Maybe check the prices by urself instead ov "copy pasting" someone else saying "it is so much more expensive than the old path" because thats just not true dude ..

Also if u wanna make a picture war go back to reddit pls ... and maybe try it with own memes ...

How is that not true? After oathbreaker, all the following upgrades when you get to true breeze are more expensive. With oath you're forced to go awakened breeze, and the cost from there to true is about 200g more expensive than from true pirate. Awakened pirate > true pirate by:

-2sts

-20 moonstone

-60ss

-50frozen stingers

-and like 15 or so more gold to upgrade

Now look at the market prices of these mats and add them up. That's how much more you're paying. 

19 hours ago, TofuChicken said:

Dude thats the reason for the "NEW Weapon patch" maybe think about that ...

Dude, just do not go for the new weapon path. Farming 24 mans is a waste of time, when you could just run the 6man poh/bsh dungeons in shorter amounts of time if you're going the siren/pirate path. The only reason you go for the new path is for the initial cheapness of the cost and for the convenience of being given wep upgrade mats to save time farming/not having to waste time on old content. But with the added cost with awakened breeze, you will be spending much more time farming the gold than farming the upgrade weps for siren path. 

Game is already put to sleep for most, just do the same and forget it existed.  For the people who still somehow find this game interesting, just let them carry on until they eventually realize it's crap and quit too.

21 hours ago, Kaid said:

Hi,

Before starting a war please read the points I have.

This game is no where noob friendly MMORPG. I've played the Ru before this one, which they use an early ver of the game. But I enjoyed that one waay better than this, here why.

-Noobs friendly
potions and hammers in Viridian and Cinderlands where 20c or less. Unsealing charms were sold at merchants for 15c, Moonwater hammers and charms are from dungeons and quests.

This at least make the players understand how the game works before getting serious in Moonwater since it doesn't explain anything.

Imagine a new player to MMORPG that dies alot, have to pay 6s~10s for a hammer or potion etc... that 75% of money from all their quests to lv 15 for one item. It will *cricket* them to leave rather than hanging on.

-Stuck
( from too easy to too hrad) at once after 45. seriously anyone thought of this? My alt characters are stuck, after hitting 45 with true profane weapon, can't upgrade, do quests? I can't do any quest because they are weak and die fast, using moonwater lv45 soulshield which the only one you can get at 45, tried doing poh 24, but no one there, it's dead, no way to solo it with current gear. Maybe try faction quests? Those other factions lv50 with better gears keep killing me with 2 hits, tried asking them politely to let me do my quests, but no use, struggling to kill the npcs there, and can't kill other faction wanted guy without them killing me, have to wait a little for them leave, since game almost dead, it's possible with patient. But even tho can't do much to get money and upgrade as I need the soulstones, except milking gold of my main which started earlier with friends and got some good gears,(5~7G a day) barely enough to buy 1 moonwater stone. Now for those who just started this game... I feel sorry for them.

-All players have same builds and gears

this is the bottleneck of this game, everyone will end with same weapon, acc, and soul shield, which is game latest one, so no way to come with different or other builds/skills, what if I want to go defensive build or evasion? No you get what everyone els getting. I like it in RU (earlier ver), almost every +blue weapons and acc is upgradable and had different stats. How about adding elemental damage to weapons? Wind / fire / frost...etc that will boost those skill of same elements...Have more end game SS with different stats?

-Nothing to do

instead of keeping this game more interactive and fun, they giving players the chores of rapidly upgrading their weapon and acc with insane materials and cost. And worse, the game full of unfixed bugs, that keep appearing with every update, (maybe not big deal?) but bots, oh God, Not only PvE but the arena which was fun place for me to challenge other players and chill, became dead thanks to those unbeatable bots. And yet, they keep injecting the game with (cash milking) contents instead of actually doing something about the game itself.

So what left of this game?

From 50 friends to 16 and only 2 that's active for the last 2 months, can't get anyone to play this, looking at how bad it's been handled.

Been over an hour at BSH, doing dailies for money and no one there, it's dead, while writing this and waiting finally found 2 others, and we did MM, in a 24 dungeon, team of 3...

I like the game combat and all, waiting and giving it chances, but no use if it's going like this, it's a joke... they screwed.

Guess time to find new game -_-

This topic open for discussion of how bad it turned for a 3 months old, rushing contents and updates desperately to keep players hanged on, if you are going to start a war, you're not welcome.

The long fight -_-

d05c5c9.jpg

1ff26e7.jpg

21186e5.jpg

8f796c5.jpg

one just quit 2 they said form the start they trying catch up to KR blade an soul once we catch up theyn update will be slow really slow

4 hours ago, Kaid said:

@Yetan My point, it's a never end grinding, by the time you reach sliver frost, it's mostly will be dead.

Probably not long.

If the three of you pool your resources, you gear up quicker. It is not hard to get 40 SS a day per person, that is 120 SS a day between the three of you.

Alts are your own issue, no one should be leaning on others for help with alts, it is just common courtesy. There could be improvements though here by simply making more important resources account bound.

5 hours ago, Kaid said:

Probably not long.

I have friends that just started the game only few weeks ago, they are so far behind on gear that without any help they would probably be stuck there for a long time. Even though they are on a different server than me I still help them through cross-server dungeon, why would it be any trouble to actually help friends out. When I am not farming 4-man I would help them with their dungeon run, so that they can get it done quick and get their soul shield and gears, that's what friends are for, to help each other out.

My friends on the same server as me help me out when I switch my main, this allow me to gear up faster than I would have if I just solo queue stuff. Helping each other out has it's own benefit, you get a pool of players that are geared and can run stuff together. Running stuff as a team makes it easier to farm for materials, you do not need to bid but instead just split materials evenly after the runs.

I used to only have a team of 4 players to run 4-man with, sometimes someone is late or not free, our run will start late so we can only do less run, so we help other friends and teach them 4-man dungeon and help them with gearing, this give us a bigger pool of players to draw from just incase anyone is not free. So no if your friends understand the benefit of having another players that are gear and can run stuff with them it would never be a bother in the long run.

@Cetra Sadly, but seem true, otherwise wouldn't 48 people disappear from my list.
Even the one I played RU with for a year, the last person I thought would ever give up on this game, he did o_o

@Taemek I'll ask them to help, but at my alt low gears, I'll need most if not whole SS set to cover me up. and it's rng so 4 or 5 run at least if lucky lol.
Yes, my alt my problem, but don't forget the new players just hit 45.
It's about the longevity of the game and how it's getting somewhat unplayable.

@vita Players ? What players? I see no players on my ghost server :(

Trying to make new friends and did add some, but never seen them on again, wth -_-?

All those I used to duo or share loot with left, and can't get new friends to stay on this game, maybe cause it's not noob friendly, or find it complicated? Idk

@Lunakitty Games are meant for entertainment, challenging? Yes! otherwise wouldn't be fun.
But online game where you suppose to do most of it with other players, but there are no other players. How you suppose to play it?

I'm already soloing it x(

3 minutes ago, Kaid said:

@Lunakitty Games are meant for entertainment, challenging? Yes! otherwise wouldn't be fun.
But online game where you suppose to do most of it with other players, but there are no other players. How you suppose to play it?

I'm already soloing it x(

Maybe you are in low population server because I never had problems with finding someone to play with. :/ 

I want to know how to make 40 ss a day reliably. The best I can do is 2(toe) + 3 beach + 10 misty + 6 sentinels on ssp= 21 . If I am lucky, I can grab a body but that's rare, as the loss of time waiting on that rare occurrence is not worth it.

I so far cannot beat Jung Hado (going to try again on Wednesday once I upgrade my accessories), can't get drops from ssp and can't do level 50 purple dungeons. So, I think I am doing good for my gear level, but if I am missing something... I want to know if I am missing something.

@Kaid - too bad you are on a different server. It would have been great to play together with someone who gets it. If not mergers they should at least allow transfers.

My new guild (3rd) has 5+ people on-line when I play, so at least I don't feel like I am on my own in the evenings.

Archived