I think it's time to put this game to sleep -_-

Kaid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not quoting anyone.

Let's say money isn't a problem, you can milk your main right? Or beg people.

But gl soloing open world bosses, I doubt any "new players" will get past infernal as almost all open world bosses are abandoned as well.

Not to mention rng and 2 keys.

Here my poor alt

d1927cb.jpg

I do the 24 dungeon for fast gold making, 6g in an ~hour, better than doing one lv50 dungeon/daily at time for -50s, that if people are ok for them to carry me on party with my low gears..

In other MMORPG you max your character stats before beating the game, after beating the game, you can go to "end game" dungeons, the trick is that you need special strategy for those dungeons and specific builds and skills that makes it hard and challenging, rewarding you with worthy rare weapons, items etc..

Can't enjoy this game anymore, I've to constantly upgrade my gears, can't find anyone to do dungeon with, have to go cross server all the time with random people that you can't befriend with.

In a month silverfrost will be dead as well, it's like Ncsoft made this game for hardcore players who can spend +6hrs playing, and those who have life chores and can play for 2/3 hrs a day are out of luck.

Those memes are hilarious lol sorry.

My experience supports some of the OP’s statements.

I have been playing for 2 months, on the live server, in NA. I have not experienced problems with leveling content, or lack of routine supplies, or had to buy them from a vendor. I do use Marketplace a lot, use all the drops from the Daily Dash, and never miss it. I have purchased two regional keys to unlock mail between my alts, and a few days back started a 1 month sub to see if it makes things easier.

So, in NA, at least, I see no problems bringing an alt towards the endgame without going broke or having to pay your way through by real money.

Where I do agree with the OP is that either the pre-end-game needs retuning, OR the smaller servers have to be merged. There is an unhealthy lack of the new players and alting population.

I have started the game during the Warlock Leveling Event, and it was a fairly active game, with plenty of folks running through the early areas, killing the world bosses, etc. When I hit 45, I did East Fleet for a while, even after level 50 patch re-set the levels.

However, as I am levelling my second character, and playing my main in the dailies areas, I am noticing the following:

1. Low Level areas are empty. Finding 2 people to kill a field boss is an achievement worth recording.

2. X-Server dungeons for low levels take longer to find. 2-3 minutes is not a tragedy, but, well, I remember when it was instantaneous.

3. East Fleet, Nightshade and even Frostscale Basin 24M are wastelands.

Pre-endgame play and trying out various classes, in my view, is one of the most fun parts of BnS, but the steep grind of the end-game guts it, locking everyone into the Great Quest for Gear.

I think everyone pretty much agrees that combat, classes and landscapes are the best part of the BnS, but the end-game grind for gear is the worst. So, I am flabbergasted by the fact that most of the population choses to only do the worst part, or afraid to play the best one for the fear of the worst.

I wish I could prevail upon the community, and develop a larger pool of players that are in it for the long term, and understand that it is Okay to have a fairly low gear right now, and accumulate the game’s possessions over a period of a year or so, not in one month.

The current onslaught of content is unsustainable and is only possible because it is an adaptation of the existing content.

I feel that building laterally first, rather than vertically, i.e. developing a few classes and crafting skills, and integrating into the end-game and gear grind more slowly might be by far a better long-term strategy and that what might ensure the eventual game’s longevity, the gaming population that actually takes time to enjoy the best the game has to offer, instead of burning out on its worst aspect.

10 hours ago, Kaid said:

Guess time to find new game -_-

Thats the problem for most games, most people play, they find new games every few weeks and when the initial rush wears off they find that it is again the same thing they have been doing, but keep on doing it and never get anywhere.

Every MMO is the same, you kill things, get loot, progress, if you progress too fast, its bad, if you progress too slow its bad, but even in MMO's that get that aspect right, there will be some issue with something and its gonna be bad.

It is normal to grow bored of something, you don't need to find reasons to move on, just move on...

btw, i am not saying this game is perfect or ok, i too hate the bots, gold sellers & hackers, but they are in any game.

4 hours ago, Saoyara said:

2nd: Is it true that the old lvl 45 24 man are dead, but thats because people dont bother to do them anymore, if they are new they just keep rushing the main story until lvl 49 that it ends even if they have awakened infernal weapon. Then once they are done they spend the money they get (which should be arround 50-60g) to upgrade to true profane, then do the lvl 50 dailies.

once they reach True Profane they're stuck there cause they can't do e.fleet and nsh dailies to get the items that are untreadable and can't be obtained from marketplace. even if you have 10.000g, you're still stuck if you can't do the dungeon or world boss due to nobody else doing it. not everyone play for 5-6+ hours a day, and people have problem to wait 1-2 hours to do a run of 1 dungeon. and with True Profane you can't finish quite a lot of quest at Silverfrost: SSP, GHS, at purple dungeons most likely you won't be accepted 99% of time, or people will quit group

2 minutes ago, Archess said:

Every MMO is the same, you kill things, get loot, progress, if you progress too fast, its bad, if you progress too slow its bad, but even in MMO's that get that aspect right, there will be some issue with something and its gonna be bad.

True that, but it's how it dressed up. BnS is the best that I see available to me right now, so I am staying with it, and trying to find the ways to enjoy it. The game that is a bit more flexible in the way it supports variable ways to play it stands a better chance at creating a stable population. BnS is too strongly a Game of the Main, while, paradoxally, it could be one of the best Game of the Alts, because its strength is in its guts, not in the end-game content and gearing system.

2 minutes ago, Yagion said:

once they reach True Profane they're stuck there cause they can't do e.fleet and nsh dailies to get the items that are untreadable and can't be obtained from marketplace. even if you have 10.000g, you're still stuck if you can't do the dungeon or world boss due to nobody else doing it. not everyone play for 5-6+ hours a day, and people have problem to wait 1-2 hours to do a run of 1 dungeon. and with True Profane you can't finish quite a lot of quest at Silverfrost: SSP, GHS, at purple dungeons most likely you won't be accepted 99% of time, or people will quit group

??? read my first point m8 :). After wednesday patch they will decrease the materials for the oathbreaker path and its gonna be way cheaper, siren path was meant for lvl 45, while oathbreaker for lvl 50. 

6 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

??? read my first point m8 :). After wednesday patch they will decrease the materials for the oathbreaker path and its gonna be way cheaper, siren path was meant for lvl 45, while oathbreaker for lvl 50.

we do still need accessories. While I am glad I picked Oathbreaker, specifically because I did not want to lock myself into the E.Fleet/Nighshade/BSH for too long, I like those areas for building up a level 45 character a little, and which they were more populated, so you could do a few runs before doing 6M versions and/or continuing with the story.

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

we do still need accessories. While I am glad I picked Oathbreaker, specifically because I did not want to lock myself into the E.Fleet/Nighshade/BSH for too long, I like those areas for building up a level 45 character a little, and which they were more populated, so you could do a few runs before doing 6M versions and/or continuing with the story.

Well idk if they are includying the acessories on this upgrade changes, but knowing ncsoft they might just leave them as it is so people gets NCoin for get emblems and so.

Maybe I just got lucky, but the last few times I went to NSH/EFleet to help my clanmates (a week or so ago) the channels were nearly full, with at least 2 other parties running around and quickly killing the bosses. And I'm not on a particularly populated server either.

Which, perhaps, contributes to my bias against people complaining that Siren/Pirate weapons/accessories are "hard to get" since it's never been an issue on any of my characters and every time I've been there.

There is no such thing as RU version of the game yet (at least not until next month). You are talking about private server that uses leaked Chinese version of the game in it's early build and the draft of an official Russian translation.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Maybe I just got lucky, but the last few times I went to NSH/EFleet to help my clanmates (a week or so ago) the channels were nearly full, with at least 2 other parties running around and quickly killing the bosses. And I'm not on a particularly populated server either.

Which, perhaps, contributes to my bias against people complaining that Siren/Pirate weapons/accessories are "hard to get" since it's never been an issue on any of my characters and every time I've been there.

Yes I think you might get lucky and find group of friends doing it.
I was doing that BSH with one kfm I found waiting there.

Just the 2 of us killing bosses with 5mil HP, taking hell of time. Talking in channel chat hopefully someone there hear us and join. But later he gave up on the twins cause we couldn't kill them, then waited over an hour to finally find those 2 that helped me doing it.

7 minutes ago, hei7oo said:

There is no such thing as RU version of the game yet (at least not until next month). You are talking about private server that uses leaked Chinese version of the game in it's early build and the draft of an official Russian translation.

11 hours ago, Kaid said:

This game is no where noob friendly MMORPG. I've played the Ru before this one, which they use an early ver of the game. But I enjoyed that one waay better than this, here why.

Referring that game used to have better friendly system, helping you to understand how this game work.

10 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Yeah, there are players in the level 50 area.

Most are either costume whoring in front of Market/vault kiosks, getting roflpwned by "unidentified" speed haxors in SSP, or the ones actually doing the haxor...umm...ing.

I think his point is, content like BSH or E-Fleet shouldn't have 2 month shelf life. The re s no reason those areas should be dead as they are now.

yeah, but on the other hand we knew that are going to be speeding through the patches to play catch up.

Once we reach the end point (no new patches till other servers get them) I think things will even out, and become better for the population as a whole

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Hence a request for Server mergers. Populated server experience is different from the unpopulated ones.

At the very least, I wish NCSoft published data on server populations or gave servers specific flavors so people can group up and had some sort of a guideline on which server to chose. Right now there are too many of them, and there is absolutely no way to know what will work for you. Like which server has the best APAC population? Which one has the most? How the factions are on each? How many players on each server in each level bracket?

I also would like to see the metrics on the player retention rates per server.

I'd like to see their metrics on gearing progress in the population percentages per server as well.

Would be nice.

2 hours ago, ChanChan said:

I was going to comment something of value to this thread, but a few posts in it just derailed into a pair of elementary school children having a pissing contest. A few posts further and the grammar became so unintelligible that I couldn't even understand anymore. 

Is this really how de-evolved this gaming community is? As a Grammar Nazi Vice President, Chapter 33, I'm preparing to pour myself a glass of arsenic. It feels as though we are losing the war.

That's how people win the internet, slander, lies and more slander.....

This forum though is pretty bad and out of control for it. The mods ban people who aren't even breaking code of conduct yet people who are in clear violation of it just keep on keepin on.....

It is getting depressing coming to the forums and seeing this garbage.

Literally everything said by OP was ridiculous.

You can craft hammers like a joke starting at Jadestone village. I had over 100 hammers by the time i reached 45 on my alt. All the quests explain how everything works from hammers, to crafting to your class combos. Maybe you or your friends need to learn to read?

Do dungeon finder if you're stuck. Based off what you said, your server is probably dead. Dungeon finder is all cross server so your complaints are moot. I have never not gotten into a dungeon using dungeon finder. It's very likely you will get people to carry you anyways as most 45 dungeons nowadays can be soloed by someone who has over 450 attack power. It's pretty damn obvious that you're not doing dungeon finder if you're still rolling with a moonwater soulshield. You also can get an absurd amount of gold just by doing each dungeon once every day and collecting the daily. That doesn't even include the money you get from auctions.

Get to level 50. I easily got over 30 gold from 45-50. That's more than enough gold to upgrade your gear. Not to mention everything in the higher levels zones gives you more money. You literally don't need any gear to hit 50. I did it with True Profane and a bunch of blue soul shields on my warlock. 

And you're an assassin. You have no excuse for not being able to complete content and making money. Any braindead assassin can beat most of Mushin's tower by facerolling their keyboard in stealth. Many of the other classes in the game require an adequate amount of gear to clear content but you, as an assassin, don't need anything except to sit in stealth pummeling the crap out of mobs who can't even fight back.

And no, most people don't have the same build. I have multiple builds for my LBD and constantly change it depending on the situation. Ex: If I'm fighting Yeti, I'm going to spec for evasion. If I'm going to pull a full room of mobs for a dungeon, I will go wind aoe instead of lightning build. In pvp I switch up my build for EACH class I'm fighting. Only bad players stick to one build in Blade and Soul. 

5 minutes ago, Taemek said:

That's how people win the internet, slander, lies and more slander.....

This forum though is pretty bad and out of control for it. The mods ban people who aren't even breaking code of conduct yet people who are in clear violation of it just keep on keepin on.....

It is getting depressing coming to the forums and seeing this garbage.

I agree. These mods here basically just do damage prevention which isnt rlly possible as most threads contains some form of complaint.

@Kaid

I know what u mean. i understand and support ur ideology. I have been playing BnS from launch. I remember filled areas all over the place. Instance

matchmaking was possible in a matter of seconds. It was full everywhere where ppl basically fought over mobs for quests. Even here on this forums there was complaints towards NC to increase the mob count cuz there was more players than mobs.

Anyhow as time moved on and the hype was over the population itself also suffered a severe drop. So yea that sucked. Now you are left with a soso populated server where most is mid/high lvl hanging out in the new l50 dungeons. the rest b4 is now left4dead tbh. lvling at this stage is a pain. its 10h pure grind basically. So yea i can understand that.

when it comes to nsh however idk. last time i was there was maybe 2 wks ago or sth and then there was still some ppl in it. Seeing as u posted this thread at around midnight yesterday might be the reason. many ppl had to work and maybe went to bed early. idk just speculating since as i said: i wasnt there for more or less 2 wks.

If ur thinking or considering BDO i have to disappoint u too. Considering ur ideology ur not going to like it as i myself hated it to its guts. There was nothing in that game that stood out for me. nothing at all. That beeing said....DOOM? ^^" theoretically u should like that too XD

17 minutes ago, Fatalyz said:

Do dungeon finder if you're stuck. Dungeon finder is all cross server. I have never not gotten into a dungeon. It's very likely you will get people to carry you anyways as most 45 dungeons nowadays can be soloed by someone who has over 450 attack power. It's pretty damn obvious that you're not doing dungeon finder if you're still rolling with a moonwater soulshield.

But the 24M areas are simply, well, simpler than a 6M. Look, it is all nice and good calling others trash, and telling them to figure it the f***k out, but there is such a thing as a stratification of content that lets the average and below average player to keep gear on the 'good enough' level and not mess up with the more complicated content.

I am doing the elvle 45 purple dungeons now, that I am overlevelled and overgeared (408 AP) and find them Okay.

You know what scared me the most in this game so far? The second glide in Blackram Supply Chain. I fell off at least 4 times. I have yet to do the glide in the Bloodhsade Harbor. I did it twice so far (I quit the first run because I did not know what to do after I fell, then I watched the video, where the guy who is teaching the dungeon falls and goes around instead, lol), and both times, I ended up going around the storage boxes, because I don't make the roof on the first glide. On level 50 it is fine, and I actually beat people who were jumping to Thrasher.

But on level 45? I'd rather not.

It doesn'tmatter how hard the 

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

But the 45 areas are simply, well, simpler than a 6M. Look, it is all nice and good calling others trash, and telling them to figure it the f***k out, but there is such a thing as a stratification of content that lets the average and below average player to keep gear on the 'good enough' level and not mess up with the more complicated content.

I am doing the elvle 45 purple dungeons now, that I am overlevelled and overgeared (408 AP) and find them Okay.

You know what scared me the most in this game so far? The second glide in Blackram Supply Chain. I fell off at least 4 times. I have yet to do the glide in the Bloodhsade Harbor. I did it twice, and both times, I ended up going around the storage boxes, because I don't make the roof on the first glide. On level 50 it is fine, and I actually beat people who were jumping to Thrasher.

But on level 45? I'd rather not.

It doesn't matter how challenging dungeons are FOR YOU. People can easily carry these lvl 45 dungeons. I duoed Blackram supply with my girlfriend when she only had 350 ap. I've carried people with 15k hp in these dungeons. Granted the people with 15k hp were dead most of the time but what does it matter when they get their gold and completion chest? 

Also I really don't get why it's so scary to hit space bar twice and go afk. And the box jumping in BSH, you do realize you can wall run right? You're not supposed to be able to make it with out wall running.

It's the first wall I have problem with, not the second.  I wall run, then run on top of the box, then jump up, and start a glide at the highest point of my jump. when I get to the roof, I am inevitably too low elevation wise, and cannot initiate a climb as that wall is unclimable. I am not sure why I can't gain altitude, but I don't mind going around, I actually prefer it.

Yes, I have been through a 3M Blackram supply, and I know it is easy enough.

And, yes, I like the idea of alting, so if I cannot do East Fleet when I hit 45, I will be using x-server.

And, I still would prefer having an option to do 24M instead.

And, x-server wait on low levels now going over 2 min. It's not a good sign.

Unlike the OP, I like this game, and I am making efforts to find a way that allows me to enjoy it despite my shortcomings as a player.

The wall right before trasher entrance is bugged for whatever reason. You should aim for the boxes below the wall and then initiate your wall climb.

There is nothing you can do if you're on a dead server if you want to do 24 man. 

8 minutes ago, Fatalyz said:

There is nothing you can do if you're on a dead server if you want to do 24 man.

I could try finding 5 other players in a similar situation.

I can also keep posting the: Merge servers, pls!" "Server mergers, when?"

I can also level up via alternative means (story), and join X-server at the same level/equipment level as I am now

Life's never out of options :)

Just now, DomiSotto said:

I could try finding 5 other players in a similar situation.

I can also keep posting the: Merge servers, pls!" "Server mergers, when?"

I can also level up via alternative means (story), and join X-server at the same level/equipment level as I am now

Life's never out of options :)

That was the whole point of my original post...... Are you just arguing against everything I'm saying even at the risk of contradicting yourself?

No, I am not contradicting myself. What I am saying, is that the issues that OP brings up are valid concerns, and that the depopulation of the 24M areas are regrettable. I, however, see the ways around it, and they are not my preference. You, on the other hand, prefer to say that the OP's position is without merit, and s/he is trash.

There is a difference.

Archived