Signs of a grim future

Haunter

@Haunter

Yeah i know, all we can hope for is, if they keep pushing the players more and more with practices like these, pissing them off to the point they stop giving them money, but even then i very much doubt anything will change, gamers are too lazy to start a riot and as seen in not just mmos, but the whole gaming culture nowadays, most of them dont care about abuse from these companies.

And the players that do care, will have to continue looking for greener pastures i guess.

The original post pretty much sums up all my concerns for this game, and having my ban from the forums just recently removed for "threatening, inflammatory, and bullying", it severely drops my moral, and my faith in this company. I have just recently witnessed the death of another MMORPG, and I am seeing the same signs here that I see now. 

I also cannot believe that that they would block my forums account instead of acknowledging my disappointment. Perhaps it was the offense they took from it. However having lost my gold to a hacker several times, I'm just about fed up with this game. Perhaps there's an English translation mod for the Taiwan version of the game, or that Private Russian server got a nice update. Cause I am considering leaving this version for one of those. 

I really have nothing more to say because if I said anything, it would just be repeating all the other posts made so far.

NCSOFT is triying to get a permanent solution for bots and hacker (i dont know if its possible) and yes they are doing little improvements with each update, the problem is that their priority is pvp - tournaments and that EA Sport thing, thats why we are gettin gupdates pretty fast, so we can all compete with other regions. So i believe that when we get in to those tournaments and stuff, then NCSOFT will pay more attention and resources to bots, hackers, events, etc...

5 hours ago, Rams21 said:

You all are part of the problem because you keep throwing money at them, giving them the signal that its okay doing this, despite knowing how they are.

Next game they will publish is going to be exactly the same, you will keep throwing money at them and then fill forums with whine posts that will acomplish nothing.

One million times this. Vote with your wallets.

But gamers seems to never learn.

NCsoft won't do shit if they keep getting money from community even with thier shittiness services and extreme poor game performance.

They're only take action or slap someone face in their office ONLY if we stop pouring money into this game but it would never happen. They are actually laugh and say to each other how stupid NA/EU players community.

11 minutes ago, KinRyuSan said:

NCSOFT is triying to get a permanent solution for bots and hacker (i dont know if its possible) and yes they are doing little improvements with each update, the problem is that their priority is pvp - tournaments and that EA Sport thing, thats why we are gettin gupdates pretty fast, so we can all compete with other regions. So i believe that when we get in to those tournaments and stuff, then NCSOFT will pay more attention and resources to bots, hackers, events, etc...

But..that doesnt make sense then, because if their priority is pvp they wouldnt let bots and hackers in arenas, or pretty much anywhere, since as far as i know this game is all about pvp.

The worst thing is, this is a multimilion dollar company that cant even get a team of gms to clean the game of hackers and bots, where is all that money going then?

And as far as i know there arent any permanent solutions to bots, only way to combat them atleast to certain extent is having gms in game banning them, watching accounts etc...being simply active.

Im never gonna believe that a big company like this cant spent manpower to clean the game of hackers atleast.

27 minutes ago, Rams21 said:

TBut..that doesnt make sense then, because if their priority is pvp they wouldnt let bots and hackers in arenas, or pretty much anywhere, since as far as i know this game is all about pvp.

The worst thing is, this is a multimilion dollar company that cant even get a team of gms to clean the game of hackers and bots, where is all that money going then?

And as far as i know there arent any permanent solutions to bots, only way to combat them atleast to certain extent is having gms in game banning them, watching accounts etc...being simply active.

Im never gonna believe that a big company like this cant spent manpower to clean the game of hackers atleast.

They are cleaning bots, problem is if you ban 100, the companies behind those bots will make 300 accounts more (its their job), and tournaments are more of like sparrings, so bots and hackers cant participate, we just need to wait, we missing like 2 or 3 more big updates, after the shattered empire we still missing 3 dungeons, chi master, some fixe, then i believe we will be in the same page as other clients, so we can participate on those ESports and tournaments, and lets just hope NCSoft found a solution to bots and hackers by then, or since there is nothing more to do, they can all focus only on that matter (also since many people leaving the game, and the p2w players that buy gold from companies are nearly maxed out, the companies will begin to lose clients every month; no buyers = no money = no reason to put many bots on this game) with that in mind I also believe this 27th bots and hackers will rise easily 50%, since many p2w players want legendary wepons, so demand for material will be extremely high, and prices will go down cus there will be more drops.

Well, until they find a way to remove the hackers, I'm putting my cash on hold. (Unless they decide to put in the bikinis or wings, but that ain't happening anytime soon). 

But it the whole ESports thing they keep going on about, don't get your hopes up too quickly. I would suggest improving the system so that we can support such a thing. ESports is a big deal that requires a near flawless game, which is something we're sorely lacking. 

@ARC-1276 Nah, he's just joking around, however you do goof around with ur own words with the whole bikini n wings thing, which is pretty amusing.
However, gotta keep in mind @Zuf Despite the poor quality from the team atm, some people do still wanna play and have fun with whatever they can in BnS, a lot of people have been waiting for a long time and it would be a huge waste just to leave it behind cuz of some difficulties, so wanting something a lot isn't a problem, sadly it does kinda support them as well a bit, unless you use the gold exchanger, which is definitely possible (with a lot of dungeon spamming that is), but yeah, i'd recommend not judging others too fast there.

We all want the same thing from Ncsoft after all.
As much as it is true that gamers do sort of support it, starting to fight eachother will just make it more difficult than it is.
Just like Ncsoft needs to focus on their issues, we should as well, not on eachother. (I'm no better than any of you two, just making a point here dw)

16 hours ago, Rams21 said:

@Haunter

Yeah i know, all we can hope for is, if they keep pushing the players more and more with practices like these, pissing them off to the point they stop giving them money, but even then i very much doubt anything will change, gamers are too lazy to start a riot and as seen in not just mmos, but the whole gaming culture nowadays, most of them dont care about abuse from these companies.

And the players that do care, will have to continue looking for greener pastures i guess.

I'll just quote you couse you said players are lazy.

I came from TERA and after so much time of complaining about certain things,then a post came up about Cancelling their subscription with screenshots in forums,the outrage was so big that us the players managed to force them to change some things for the better of the player base.

The solution is easy,stop buying Noins and Premium and in a week they will fix everything and perm ban all bots,hackers,cheaters.

15 hours ago, Katsapliakos said:

I'll just quote you couse you said players are lazy.

I came from TERA and after so much time of complaining about certain things,then a post came up about Cancelling their subscription with screenshots in forums,the outrage was so big that us the players managed to force them to change some things for the better of the player base.

The solution is easy,stop buying Noins and Premium and in a week they will fix everything and perm ban all bots,hackers,cheaters.

Well the other issue I see is one that reared its ugly head in Aion as well. There's a certain type of player that plays aesthetically pleasing, "hyper sexualized" games like this strictly for costume whoring. They spend hundreds of RL cash on costumes alone, and NCSoft knows it. Which is why they spend more time updating cash shop, as opposed to costly in game quality of life fixes/updates.

Anyways this type of player could care less about bots, haxors, cross dungeon lag, dwindling player base, etc cause to them this type of game is essentially Sims Online. Or Barbie 3.0, take your pick. Those are the biggest whales when it comes to games like this, and they can singlehandedly ensure that companies like NC don't ever need to bother with costly updates. So long as they deliver a steady stream of pretty outfits for rl cash.

Now don't get me wrong, some of the costumes around nice, and I'm not saying that playing strictly for costume whoring is necessarily wrong. However I rather grind the gold and buy them with HM coins, than spend a a RL dime on cash shop items. Until actual game breaking issues like rampant unchecked haxors are addressed and fixed.

My pride wouldn't allow me to do otherwise.

On a related note, anyone else notice how the exchange service board got hyper inflated over night? Well NC instituting a minimum bid requirement had everything to do with. Just in time to make buying costumes via HM coin arduous to impossible nowadays. 

How "convenient" for them.

Well, I'll just stick around and slowly chug away at content... Haven't spent much money except a character slot and some dragon pouches, and never got premium so I'm not losing out on anything. 

Though I really wish bots would be solved in arena (not stepping back in again until it's fixed....)

I don't understand why they can't have in-game GMs. Banning PVE bots wouldn't even be hard because they literally walk in hoards and hang out in the same old places.

• Hime locked this topic

Archived