Signs of a grim future

Haunter

Greetings, fellow BnS Veteran here (From CN), i personally tried my best to avoid this,
especially because i hate speaking from one side without knowing the other.

However, watching how corrupted it all is starting to become is just too much and can't be ignored.
(Excuse me for the mistakes, English isn't my first language)

It sadddens me deeply because i truly love this game.
Watching how big and colourful it was in other versions truly made me hyped for the NA/EU version to come out and shine.
Sadly it seems like the "poison of greed", which do happen to plenty of asian games that release to the west is happening here as well, which is heartbreaking to say the least.

If you're familiar with BnS, you know what i'm talking about when i say that they're being incredibly greedy and lazy.
Examples being when you look at other releases of BnS
(Even CHINA which are known as one of the most corrupted versions of BnS actually puts an effort on their events and how they present them)

Korean BnS
Japanese BnS
Chinese BnS

Just to be a bit fair, NA/EU did put SOME effort to some of their pages.
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/shattered-empire/
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/silverfrost/
Which is great, but compared to every other version ever, it's just sad, veeeery sad.

Not only are they being greedy by cutting out EXTREMELY game saving events, free stuff and extra content that usually follow alongside the content we're getting atm, they're also lying.

They take little to NO action upon the bot/hacker storm which they promised they would, it's also shown that they also just MOVED those who hacked their way to top 10 further down in the tournament list, or completely ignore them all together, despite the tons and TONS of reports and videos sent to the support, which are suppose to get them BANNED, not bloody move them.

"But hey! They said they were working on a way to handle the bots! Just be patie-"

Let me tell you something that's ALSO happening that's ALSO incredibly absurd, and yes i tried my best not to curse for this specific reason.
When you see a game with this ESRB , What do you think you are jumping into? An MMO for kids, or grown ass adults that WILL curse like mad fire?

7f905c76cc4fcc1d92efcd3d19da330f.png

ESPECIALLY cuz this is a PvP focused game where we're suppose to fight a lot.
So ofc you'd think that simple cursing would be accepted in a game for ADULTS, right? Well, WRONG!

Not alone DON'T they have "time" to handle the true issues, which is game breaking bots/hackers and greedy ass decisions, but they somehow DO have time to punish those who got reported for bad language, despite how severe it truly was "Just one word, and it was CENSORED." <-- YES, THIS HAPPENS... A LOT.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4g4qlq/banning_people_for_language_but_not_hackersbotters/

It's incredible that they're letting this happen, this is not only wrong for a game like BnS, but overall WRONG IN ANY KIND OF MMO.
Not only are they harming the players, but they're harming themselves, losing tons of money due to the gold sellers which USE BOTS to get their gold.
Just to finish this off, someone went out of their damn way just to make you guys finally see that you're truly destroying the game by not taking action IMMEDIATLY.

So, if it isn't money, cuz they're LOSING them right now, and if it's not laziness, cuz they're "working" so hard on their game, then why is this happening?
WHY are you letting this continue for weeks upon weeks NcSoft? Because i BET ya, many of us would love to know what keeps you from saving ur own game from complete corruption.

If you truly do respect your player base and want to make it work for the majority of us, i'd recommend doing something about this ASAP.
YOU, NcSoft, lose money and respect by ignoring this issue. WE, the players, lose hope and will to play a game we've been waiting for FOR YEARS.
It's dissapointing for all of us, and i truly hope that not only the company takes themselves seriously, but the players continue to man up and speak their mind when things aren't right.

KEEP IN MIND: This is not meant in any harmful manner.
This is purely neutral criticism which you (NcSoft) hopefully will keep in mind for the future of the game.
You're more than welcome to add to this if i've forgot something important. That's all, Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Apparently have been warned that speaking my mind will get me in trouble.
If this post is removed and/or i get banned after this, i hope it'll show what i mean by something is extremely wrong, thank you for your time.

http://2p.com/42155110_1/KDB-Daewoo-Securities-Blade-amp-Soul-US-Generated-More-Than-17M-in-New-Revenue-by-emma.htm

Meanwhile us the player have to deal with bots/hackers/(if european player servers lag issues also) and meanwhile whats NCSoft doing? nothing just this:

Untitled6-300x214.png

Its really sad that a company reaches such level of greedyness, instead of trying to invest some of that money for improve and fix their problems. I remember when the game was on CBT that they were saying that they were going to compromise themselves and always listen to the players, well then, the players are talking. WE DONT WANT HACKERS, WE WANT STABLE SERVERS, WE WANT SOME COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLISHER.

And this is not something you can fix rushing content NCSoft, so gl hf, this game will last max 6 more months if you dont get your shit together.

PS: for now in like 20+ days you are gonna lose quite few players from the EU server, since they are opening the new RU server, so you better pray that they add IP block otherwise im pretty sure EU servers will die.

I dont get that they are already working on another game , Bns is just cashgrab with zero effort put in . They already maked enought money of game so now they can drop low pop servers etc. and they are still on high money income.  They dont need to do anything about game cause they just dont give crap they took money and run to another project .  3/4 of BnS dev team already works on another game . Others just blatantly copying version they get from kr with close to non value added......

Dont even dare someone from Bns stream to come to EU i maybe can control myself but u just scamed whole EU of good korean game and people dont forget that!!!!!!

A lot of people play this game because of superb pvp, but arena is impossible right now, we WANT to play this game very much, and pay money for it,but we can't. We are just forced to quit BnS, because of multiple hackers on the ladder , i understand it is hard to solve the issue, but if nothing can be done, sooner or later, we will move on with our lives and we will do our best to avoid NCSoft products in the future.

You know, I just look back at all the games that NCWEST manages, and see bots, hackers, no responses for those or any problems....and wonder why I bothered with this game to begin with. Because it looked cool. Because I was tired of the junk that is being pushed out on the market. *HOPE* that maybe BnS would be different...but it seems once again that history tends to repeat itself... sigh

Careful guys if u talk bad about anything about NC theyll ban u, i tried making a thread to kindly have a discussion on whats going on to help clear up and do u know what they did? BAM ban honestly i was trying to hold on to what little faith i had left but no NC actually do not care whatsoever about the playerbase. ill prob get banned for this too i wont be surprised. it honestly saddens me such a bad company got a hold of bns. Ill prob still enjoy it while it lasts and the new content they bring just to maintain it but yea dont be suprised if u get banned for posting here if they see any sort of negative feedback they cant take it and remove it and ban the user

@dmoe33 Thanks, i highly appreciate the warning, i did my best to make it clear that i mean nothing harmful to this, only that i wanted them to try do better for both themselves and for us, so really. All we can hope for now is to one of them to speak up instead of removing this and acting like everything is okay, which really would be a great change within itself, i'd appreciate that greatly.

6 minutes ago, Haunter said:

@dmoe33 Thanks, i highly appreciate the warning, i did my best to make it clear that i mean nothing harmful to this, only that i wanted them to try do better for both themselves and for us, so really. All we can hope for now is to one of them to speak up instead of removing this and acting like everything is okay, which really would be a great change within itself, i'd appreciate that greatly.

np it does really sadden me on just how oblivious they are and how blatantly obvious they make on how much they do not care. Wish i knew more about the company before i started playing so i could set my expectations low

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

np it does really sadden me on just how oblivious they are and how blatantly obvious they make on how much they do not care. Wish i knew more about the company before i started playing so i could set my expectations low

It's funny you say that, because my expectations for this company were pretty rock-bottom from the get-go.

And they just dug deeper.

One clap.

Lets be honest as much as I would like that NCSoft opens their eyes and fix all the shit, it will never happen, prolly not even paying atention to the thread. Maybe we get a mod saying thanks for the feedback etc and then back to the same stuff.

I've resigned myself to just playing the game for what it's worth. With a company like this, there's no point holding out hope for anything remotely close to a happy baseline. They'll do what they want, your opinions be damned.

Let's be honest here, we aren't "customers" to them, we're just bags of money.
Every year people are warned about NCWest and the way they host games here, people never listen and shell out, thus enabling what we have now and what they are as a company. 
But it's not just NCWest, it's almost (ALMOST) every western branch of a big korean mmo company every time.

But why should they even care about us now? We've given them over $17 million in profit from NA/EU alone now, and they can't even "afford" to up their security let alone bots.
Remember the door exploit they did a mass ban for? Yep, priorities?

Why even ban people for profanity when the game is rated M with a damn profanity filter in the first place?

I archived your thread though, just in case they get butthurt by someone speaking the truth.
People have gotten banned for much less by NCSoft.

i don't blame NcSoft cuz we all established how greedy this company is..

just look at lineage 2 a 12 year Milking cash cows for 12 years and 90% of its players are now bots and hackers

so i blame all of u cash players for supporting the game without demanding your rights for a better quality version.

our version is poorly optimized we all know its running on an older engine not like other versions out there who was upgraded long ago

u keep cashing in without demanding whats rightful yours, Ncsoft will keep doing its job by milking you more cuz non of u are stopping that..

u should not pay anymore not untel they fix stuff around here.. 

good luck with that... 

Having been around NCWest since 2009, (Aion), I new what to expect in this game. So nothing that's happened thus far is a major shock. That said, the level of nickel and dime tactics in this game were disconcerting. I knew something was up the moment I found out I needed to buy NC coin just to use the in game mail service.

I've been playing NA MMO's since 2004, I have never seen the level of gold spam, gold botting, or haxor infestation that I've seen here. Especially not in game merely 4 months old, (yes I know the games been out for years in Asia.) Honestly there was no adequate explanation I could come up with for this seeing this level of negligence, yet simultaneous greed. 

Unless, of course, the game was indeed a cash grab. Only then, using that rationalization, does it make any kind of sense. Honestly its truly too bad. They could be had something special here.

Well, war, I can tell you I've stopped paying. I speak for myself idk about anyone else. I log in, struggle to find the will power to grind for at least 1hr ot 2hrs tops then literally log out. I dont touch the cross servers cause they lag like shit, I dont touch pvp arenas cause they lag like shit since game guard came back(not even mentioning bots/hacks), I just do the 24 man world dalies or at least finish them half way.

I dont care for outfits anymore as I see this game as a poor long term investment(less than 2yrs) stopped preming, stopped buying shit in the cash shop, stopped selling gold in the currency exchange. And to be honest I only log in to see for myself if anything is different, which is never the case. Three months in and this game is a hot wreck, its only a matter of time before we see the same pr people who host the live twitch feeds jump ship. Then there's imperial next door trying to turn bns EU/NA into an esport and its only a matter of time before the top 100 or so in each region start pvping only among themselves since the majority of the bns pvp population will wither with each content update because gearing up to then lvl up to get then sp and hm skills is becoming murderous. Your char needs all the sp and hm skills it can get to be top tier(diamond+) in pvp.

Anyways, to all still playing hardcore, like I was...for 1 or even 2 nights straight when the game dropped, good luck in your ingame endeavors. I'll be here on the sidelines looking to see if the storm ever clears up or at least calms.

I looked forward to this game for years (~4), would / should have played it on one of the asian servers but after researching it I new how ping dependent of a game it was and decided to wait for the NA version (that kept being promised and promised and promised). 

Once the announcement came I counted down the days until it finally released here in NA, and I can say without a doubt I love this game. There is so much wasted potential though, so much room for improvement. This game could literally crush ALL of the competition in the US (everything Blizzard / Trion / Etc.) if only it were supported by those who are publishing it.

This is my first experience with a NC Soft / West product and it does leaves a lot to be desired and has forced a negative opinion into my mind concerning the nc companies. Although my experiences with customer support have been much better than you see indicated in the forums. The lack of public communication and in game attention to game breaking issues is doing great harm to a game that should have a minimal 10 year life expectancy in the US. Hackers, Spammers, Bots, Instanced Based Lag Issues and of course the Optimization issues are at the top of a long list of problems for ncsw to tackle. There are many more issues that need addressing as well, most of these issues would normally not be considered minor but pale in comparison to what ncsw has allowed thus far and would seem frivolous if listed in this same post.

It is a shame that NCSW does not realize what they have and the potential this game has. At this point we can only hope for a management change or the current management to realize the mistakes they have made and rush to correct them. I will play this game until next January (when 1 yr expires) and make a decision about continuing then. 

With everything said, I cannot help but love this game.

5 hours ago, Saoyara said:

http://2p.com/42155110_1/KDB-Daewoo-Securities-Blade-amp-Soul-US-Generated-More-Than-17M-in-New-Revenue-by-emma.htm

Meanwhile us the player have to deal with bots/hackers/(if european player servers lag issues also) and meanwhile whats NCSoft doing? nothing just this:

Untitled6-300x214.png

Its really sad that a company reaches such level of greedyness, instead of trying to invest some of that money for improve and fix their problems. I remember when the game was on CBT that they were saying that they were going to compromise themselves and always listen to the players, well then, the players are talking. WE DONT WANT HACKERS, WE WANT STABLE SERVERS, WE WANT SOME COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLISHER.

And this is not something you can fix rushing content NCSoft, so gl hf, this game will last max 6 more months if you dont get your shit together.

PS: for now in like 20+ days you are gonna lose quite few players from the EU server, since they are opening the new RU server, so you better pray that they add IP block otherwise im pretty sure EU servers will die.

Everytime I see that 17m in profit figure I can't help but shake my head. Proves unequivocally what I been saying for years now.  One, some people have entirely too much money nowadays, undeservedly so. And two, you can sell poo on a stick and call it unique, and today's gamer will happily fork over his/her money without hesitation.

In that respect I hardly blame companies like NC. I mean, they're in it to make money after all.

All which reminds me of one of my fave quotes of all time:

"There's a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

Proven time and time again.

"Rated M for: Mommy! he cussed at me"

Chuckle.

49 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Well, war, I can tell you I've stopped paying. I speak for myself idk about anyone else. I log in, struggle to find the will power to grind for at least 1hr ot 2hrs tops then literally log out. I dont touch the cross servers cause they lag like shit, I dont touch pvp arenas cause they lag like shit since game guard came back(not even mentioning bots/hacks), I just do the 24 man world dalies or at least finish them half way.

I dont care for outfits anymore as I see this game as a poor long term investment(less than 2yrs) stopped preming, stopped buying shit in the cash shop, stopped selling gold in the currency exchange. And to be honest I only log in to see for myself if anything is different, which is never the case. Three months in and this game is a hot wreck, its only a matter of time before we see the same pr people who host the live twitch feeds jump ship. Then there's imperial next door trying to turn bns EU/NA into an esport and its only a matter of time before the top 100 or so in each region start pvping only among themselves since the majority of the bns pvp population will wither with each content update because gearing up to then lvl up to get then sp and hm skills is becoming murderous. Your char needs all the sp and hm skills it can get to be top tier(diamond+) in pvp.

Anyways, to all still playing hardcore, like I was...for 1 or even 2 nights straight when the game dropped, good luck in your ingame endeavors. I'll be here on the sidelines looking to see if the storm ever clears up or at least calms.

So did I. Actually, I still log in to the game when the queue is just too long in the other game I'm playing. And all I log in is to make jet another step towards getting a new costume (the free one) for my characters because in the end, all you are left with is your beautiful heap of pixels. Nothing more, nothing less. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

13 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Everytime I see that 17m in profit figure I can't help but shake my head. Proves unequivocally what I been saying for years now.  One, some people have entirely too much money nowadays, undeservedly so. And two, you can sell poo on a stick and call it unique, and today's gamer will happily fork over his/her money without hesitation.

In that respect I hardly blame companies like NC. I mean, they're in it to make money after all.

All which reminds me of one of my fave quotes of all time:

"There's a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

Proven time and time again.

The point is, that if you actually get that much money, why you dont invest a bit of that money on your own game? Its simple NCSoft just wanted to take profit of "the hype" of the game for make a huge income of money, without having to spend not even 1/10 of it at all. 

Then why if they dont do anything? Well this is a THEORY: Inner Company Rules, aka that because of how NCSoft works they cant do much besides saying "We are working on it" or "Soon" even if they would want to. This actually makes a bit of sense if you look back to previous games made by NCSoft, all of them that had issues, werent fixed at all and they were always saying those previous quotes aswell. 

So yes, we can wait our entire lifes to get all the shit fixed but its not gonna happen (I really hope that NCSoft proves me wrong but dont think so) they are just gonna exploit as much as they can until either dies then they shut it down or they leave it half dead.

GG WP NCSoft you played us well.

14 hours ago, KatHead said:

I looked forward to this game for years (~4), would / should have played it on one of the asian servers but after researching it I new how ping dependent of a game it was and decided to wait for the NA version (that kept being promised and promised and promised). 

Once the announcement came I counted down the days until it finally released here in NA, and I can say without a doubt I love this game. There is so much wasted potential though, so much room for improvement. This game could literally crush ALL of the competition in the US (everything Blizzard / Trion / Etc.) if only it were supported by those who are publishing it.

This is my first experience with a NC Soft / West product and it does leaves a lot to be desired and has forced a negative opinion into my mind concerning the nc companies. Although my experiences with customer support have been much better than you see indicated in the forums. The lack of public communication and in game attention to game breaking issues is doing great harm to a game that should have a minimal 10 year life expectancy in the US. Hackers, Spammers, Bots, Instanced Based Lag Issues and of course the Optimization issues are at the top of a long list of problems for ncsw to tackle. There are many more issues that need addressing as well, most of these issues would normally not be considered minor but pale in comparison to what ncsw has allowed thus far and would seem frivolous if listed in this same post.

It is a shame that NCSW does not realize what they have and the potential this game has. At this point we can only hope for a management change or the current management to realize the mistakes they have made and rush to correct them. I will play this game until next January (when 1 yr expires) and make a decision about continuing then. 

With everything said, I cannot help but love this game.

We (me and my fiancé) have been through exactly the same as you; tried playing on eastern servers, but couldn't ignore the lag, so we waited for years for B&S to come to NA/EU. Participated in all CBTs, even won 2 Masterpacks in the giveaways, so yeah, we were happy bunnies.

Just wanted to say we agree 100% on what you just said, and also need to emphasise how good NcSoft's support is. People don't even realize, but usually they only take a few hours to reply (best we got was 6 minutes), and they are always helpful as well.

This game does have a lot of potential, and we are keeping up our hopes for them to implement a big ass wall against hackers/bots in the near future.

...And with all that being said you have two options: either continue to play this game (as corrupt as it may be) or leave and play something else. What I am trying to say is the fact that you have a choice, and the only reason why this happens is because people still PAY for this game. Taking a quick glimpse on real life, it reminds me of pharmaceutical industries with billions of dollars revenue making off of us buying legal drugs.

I recommend playing single player games and trust me there are a lot of successful ones that take up large amounts of your time to complete. Do you know why they are fun? There are no bots around and gold sellers. That my friend is the only solution to this issue.

I just dont get you people, time and time again has this company shown that they dont care about anything but profit for as little effort as possible, yet here we are again.

You all are part of the problem because you keep throwing money at them, giving them the signal that its okay doing this, despite knowing how they are.

Next game they will publish is going to be exactly the same, you will keep throwing money at them and then fill forums with whine posts that will acomplish nothing.

Few months ago i told my friend this game will go to hell knowing NcWest and lol behold, not even a year passed.

@Nemy89 No doubt, in the end we all have a choice, none of us are forced to play BnS and i believe many of us know so. So yeah you're definitely righ
However, sometimes it can be proven worthy when trying to reach to a company, don't get me wrong though.
I am fully aware that they're basicly an insanily rich company with power enough to basicly do as they please.

Call me naive, but i ALSO believe that they actually can do a decent job, they just need to start listening and take action, and if not possible, at LEAST explain themselves so we all aren't running around all confused and unaware of what's actually happening. If they can't keep what was promised, we definitely at least deserve an explanation.

@Rams21 As accurate as that is, it's sadly also a thing that's a bit too complicated to accomplish, i mean we coooould basicly start a huge campain and make everyone stop paying until they improve their quality to the same standards as maybe KR or JP, but just as you're saying, in the end, many people will STILL pay and approve of their actions, despite knowing what's actually going on, it's a shame. Ah well, worth a shot.

@Saksoy Oh snap. You figured us out, we're all actually robots.
It's all a lie, robots are taking over, all hail our King, Kanye for president 2020.

Archived