Forums

new in game.

GazzAr

1) heading towards p2w

2) questing

3) good, but imo boring because there's pretty much only a couple rotations of damage you can do and then a bit of a hefty cooldown on skills, whereas their main left and right click skills are terrible on damage

p.s if you don't plan to PvP on this game then you're best off avoiding this game like the plague, end game progression is halted by needing a material only obtained from PvP arena or pvp quest zone that may be infested with bots/hackers, so unless you intend to do those, then you're stuck mindlessly repeating boring daily quests for insane amounts of gold per day just so you can very slowly upgrade each gear piece.

1. It's not p2w, kids here like to think that.

2. Quests are best for xp, but you have to grind some dungeons. End game you get your xp from dailies.

3. Every class is good if you can play it. But you can't since you are new. Easiest classes for newbie is destroyer, summoner, forcemaster, and blade dancer.

I wouldn't say blade dancer is one of those easy for newbie. I had extremely hard time with the char as my first one since I kept dying to every single thing as I didn't know what and how to spec on my skills and how to fight.

1. p2w if you want to rush in one or two days to maximum gear, f2p if you can take it slowly

2. questing gives you the main exp and of course gold you need

3. Depends if you can master it and find it suitable for you. It definitely is quite nice and powerful class for buffs and dps.

4. https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul could be one option. It's BnS's stream channel.

please, please i beg you:

do you want to have fun in this game?

hint: don't, rush, content.

1_ generation 2016 says YES. old generation says: no, BUT there is 2 (two) things that, for now, can be purchased only with a RNG chest, that gives an edge. RNG. no P2W. if you want further explanation about my statement, with no flames, ask me.

2_ QUEST is the main income of EXP. being it story mode, dailies, dungeons. GRINDING doesnt give so as much as questing.

3_ warlock is a support class, imho. big damage, quite long cd on high damage skills. imho. very good class for buff. nice choice!

57 minutes ago, GazzAr said:

1-Game f2p or p2w?

9 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

1. p2w if you want to rush in one or two days to maximum gear, f2p if you can take it slowly

f2p=free to play
the opposite of f2p is p2p (pay to play), and NOT p2w! pay to win means that u buy ur staffs kinda quickly, but it has nothong to do with the game wheter if it is f2p or not!
is this game f2p? yes! why? bcuz u dont have to pay anything to play with the game.
is this game p2w? no! why? cuz its rather p2p (pay to progress) right now

11 minutes ago, QRob said:

f2p=free to play
the opposite of f2p is p2p (pay to play), and NOT p2w! pay to win means that u buy ur staffs kinda quickly, but it has nothong to do with the game wheter if it is f2p or not!
is this game f2p? yes! why? bcuz u dont have to pay anything to play with the game.
is this game p2w? no! why? cuz its rather p2p (pay to progress) right now

Simply a reply to what OP asked. We know well that they are not opposites.

Game is p2w especially with realeasing unbalanced 6v6 . Everybody who tells you otherwise must invest already to much(time/money) they dont even want to think about it.  A yeah if u dont want pvp skip this game. And even id u play pvp i cant reccomend cause insane lags in arena non stop or meet bots/hack bots summoners/hackers ....( and they pay subscription i mean main bot acc to be protected from bans...)

Also main problem is u instaling practicaly rootkit into your pc name is gameguard and thats the worse problem...

4 minutes ago, Takao said:

Game is p2w especially with realeasing unbalanced 6v6 .

in another topic i was stating the same, game is pay to progress right now, but from april 27th it is truly turning into pay to win
and no 1 needed to tell me why to think wheter if the game is pay to win or not. if u have best op gear right now it doesnt give too much to the things. p2w should mean that one gets their gear, and able to do such things which casual players not able to (there is nothing pve content right now that suits it, and also gear is equalized in arena, and at SSP u can even kill ppl with weaps/bombs, so gear does not matter much, there is not even open world pvp...)
BUT
april 27th brings us 6v6 where gear matters, and pvp will be a big part of that battleground, and 650APed person prolly can kill other guy with 500 AP, in some cases no matter how skilled he/she is. so right now it is pay to progress, after april 27, it will be truyl pay to win

1. It can be F2P or P2W/progress.. Whatever you choose to define it as. Just learn to ignore the elitist in dungeons that still think the  only thing you need is AP to do a dungeon successfully and you can be a F2P player. It's a frustrating path but doable. I look at it this way 'by the time I can upgrade the prices may be quite nice because I'll definitely be the last person on earth that needs a mop water transformation stone' lol

2. I do both. 

3. Warlock is fun and a party favourite so it's a fine choice.

4. YouTube is your best source. Look at videos of your class doing them even. Also try not to look at other regions or you'll be disappointed and your not so OPness.....

You don't want to ask questions from forum. The worst trolls and kids live here spreading false information. Game is pay to progress. There is no item that makes you op you can buy with real money. Everything just takes longer if you don't pay.

These forum people think it makes you op in game if you progress faster, even if it's doesn't.

Ignore the forums if you're new.

People will give you skewed "reviews" based on their experience and will generally try to drive you away since people seem to only listen to bad ones compared to good ones.

Play the game for yourself for about 2 weeks then determine if it's the game for you or not(if you progress at a steady pace, at least).

These forums can be taken with a grain of salt because depending on the person, they'll claim p2w by simply progressing in gear faster(which is the new, skewed definition) rather than saying pay-to-progress faster.

But anyways, good luck to you either way whether you play this game or not; just don't base your decision off of the current comments.

1. You can spend money to buy gold and with gold nearly everything else you need. You cant buy stuff that you cant achieve ingame tho, and to upgrade your gear we are literally talking about thousands of euros.. so not a lot of people do it. Playing the game normally definitely is possible. The game is f2p.

2. Quests or Grind. Dungeons dont give a lot of exp.

3. Warlok alone is a decent class, really strong in groups (good group buff), kinda behind in pvp even tho there are some people rocking with it.

1. It's not P2W, it's more of 'have MMO-friends2W' - it is very hard on a solo player, with or without sub

2. XP comes from quests

3. Warlock is fine, but the best starting class is a Summoner imo, because it is so self-reliant and have ways to correct a lot of oopses that would kill a WL. Imo FM>WL as well for someone who wants to solo and pug, & don't play with 'friends'.

4. You do not need dungeons guides till Tomb of Exiles. All of them is basically a faceroll, ToE has a few odd jumps, then on level 45 you have dungeons that you might want to pre-watch, b/c it is easy to get lost in and get killed when you are stranded, and make sure you have a wall climb.

1. In term of PvE, it is still majorly F2P as the necessary equipment are easily attainable in this current content, it may still takes some time but that's how it supposed to be. However, it will be heavily P2W if you'd like to get yourself involves in "Open World" PvP and the 6v6 mode that will be release soon.

2. Get all side quests you see when you're doing your storyline quest. Dungeons are mainly for daily quests and item drops only.

3. Warlock is not bad but just like some other classes, take some time to learn its setup and stuff to maximize your performance. I generally don't play it as I find it a little bit slow but the animation is kind of cool though. Plus, everyone love Warlock's Soulburn buff.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2016 at 6:54 AM, Unskilled banana said:

You don't want to ask questions from forum. The worst trolls and kids live here spreading false information. Game is pay to progress. There is no item that makes you op you can buy with real money. Everything just takes longer if you don't pay.

These forum people think it makes you op in game if you progress faster, even if it's doesn't.

Unskilled banana you know for somebody who keep saying that the forum is full of of toxic people why you allways hating on everyone? why do you think everthing in the forums is made out by trolls and "kids" who spread false information? since i almost see you on everyone post whit the same comments and disregarding every single "bad opinion" or people who dont like the game. Maybe you should learn to respect other peoples point of view since you are part/leader of the toxic community as well. Your thread history is a proof of that....

Back to the subject:

On 4/24/2016 at 3:34 AM, GazzAr said:

Hi all! im new in game and have some questions:-

1-Game f2p or p2w?

2-EXP from dungeons or quests what the best?

3-warlock good class or no?

4-i need link to dungeons review

Have a Good Day !

1- Game is Pay to progress however this game has a lengthy upgrade path and it extremely demanding on mats, gold, and stones.  People tend to say is pay to win because wallet warriors can get to max stats instantly. example of that People had Legendaries the same the game came out. Server: Old Man Cho. while everyone on that server as of today is still at least true Pirate or Scorpio. Plus there are certain gem that can only be acquired with real money, they wont make you extremely op however they are none the less one of the best gems in the game.

2-  Since you are new in the game i guess you are lvling so i will say do quest to get exp and dungeon to get mat required to upgrade your weapon. Once you are lvl 50 you need both the get max exp per day and lvl up your HM levels which is a must for every lvl 50. People then to like WL since they have a nice party buff at lvl 45. However their DPS is not as good as their ranged counterparts. Summoner and FM have better support and DPS and that is something you should be looking for since  at end game you need high DPS to get enough contribution points towards the kill and get "loot".

3- It depends who is playing... I am a main FM and i can tell you 100 reasons why WL is a lower tier ranged class. They lack everything... i wont suggest it as a beginner class. Be aware that ranged classes have and advantage over melees at end game. Go with FM or Summoner or if it does matter to you, Well you never go wrong with Gons you know? Summoner is by far the easiest class in the game.  then with other classes there is a big learning curve. FM is not easy to the point you just have to face roll the keyboard... only people who play FM as an alt will tell you that. That being said, if you choose FM be aware that you pick the highest constant DPS class in the game and therefore you will get a lot of aggro, you will need to master iframe and kite your opponent and master your ani cancel you can cycle between fire/cold skills.

4 - I'm sorry but i don't get what you are asking for here... For beginners, early lvl dungeons are no brainier. Once you get to 45 heroics dungeons are a bit different  and youtube is your friend at that point. They are no difficult just simple facts and mechanics you need to be aware of.

6 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Unskilled banana you know for somebody who keep saying that the forum is full of of toxic people why you allways hating on everyone? why do you think everthing in the forums is made out by trolls and "kids" who spread false information? since i almost see you on everyone post whit the same comments and disregarding every single "bad opinion" or people who dont like the game. Maybe you should learn to respect other peoples point of view since you are part/leader of the toxic community as well. Your thread history is a proof of that....

...and why should i respect trolls, immature kids, and haters? So you go so far that you read my thread history. Well, that tells something about you, weird forum stalker.

7 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

...and why should i respect trolls, immature kids, and haters? So you go so far that you read my thread history. Well, that tells something about you, weird forum stalker.

nope i was reading the forums and i see 3 post were you call people kid, troll and hater. I then click on your profile and as expected full of hate, disrespect towards other people. anyways i was just calling you out. Maybe you just need to be open minded and understand  that plenty of people  have problems with this game and many of them have valid legit arguments as of why. Whether you agree or not you can leaven a discussion about it and add your opinion. However you just bash on them and you have label them as hater, trolls, kids, stalkers..etc. Just respect other people opinion that all.

4 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

nope i was reading the forums and i see 3 post were you call people kid, troll and hater. I then click on your profile and as expected full of hate, disrespect towards other people. anyways i was just calling you out. Maybe you just need to be open minded and understand  that plenty of people  have problems with this game and many of them have valid legit arguments as of why. Whether you agree or not you can leaven a discussion about it and add your opinion. However you just bash on them and you have label them as hater, trolls, kids, stalkers..etc. Just respect other people opinion that all.

you need to mind your own business. i don't respect bs opinions like 'nerf summoners because i cant play my class' or 'i want to remove grinding from this game'. You might not notice it but you yourself are part of the great forum toxic, picking on me pointlessly.

1 hour ago, Unskilled banana said:

you need to mind your own business. i don't respect bs opinions like 'nerf summoners because i cant play my class' or 'i want to remove grinding from this game'. You might not notice it but you yourself are part of the great forum toxic, picking on me pointlessly.

Yes i have made many many many post against ncsoft, the game, the mechanics, the bot, etc etc. But i do provide arguments as to why they are wrong and need to be changed/improved. One thing is complaining and another one is labeling people as "other" trying to make 0 arguments as to why they are incorrect and just trash them like garbage. I dont like people who go unchallenged spreading more hate to others again, that is why i call you out.

So having a opinion makes be a toxic individual on this community? I don't think so.

Archived